Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman with flu-like symptoms dies on train

glorybebe

A woman was found dead on a Via Rail passenger train early Saturday morning.

The company says the Vancouver-to-Toronto train stopped near Parry Sound, Ont., because four passengers were showing flu-like symptoms.

Emergency crews boarded the train and confirmed that a woman who Via Rail described in a news release as elderly had died.

The other three passengers were taken to hospital for treatment, according to the news release.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/12/29/can-via-rail-train-flu-death.html

That's kinda scary. I hope it isn't a SARS or H1N1 like virus.

I have had my flu and pneumonia shots but am surprised at the number of people who don't get them . And For some of the darnedest reasons .

• Like 1

Of all the "scares" and "apocalyptic messages" we are assailed with I think that influenza is probably the scariest and most unappreciated. The 1918 flu killed about as many people as died in WWII. And most of them were the young and strong, not the elderly. I shudder to think of such a thing these days.

• Like 4

I have had my flu and pneumonia shots but am surprised at the number of people who don't get them . And For some of the darnedest reasons .

I nor my family get the flu shot. Mostly cause it doesnt really work. In fact my one year old son got the flu this week. So Im at the Doctors thinking she is going to give me crap for not getting him the shot, when she tells me they had been over run with folks coming in with the flu. And that many of those same folks had gotten the shot.

BTW old folks die from the flu all the time. This isnt really shocking news.

• Like 1

I nor my family get the flu shot. Mostly cause it doesnt really work. In fact my one year old son got the flu this week. So Im at the Doctors thinking she is going to give me crap for not getting him the shot, when she tells me they had been over run with folks coming in with the flu. And that many of those same folks had gotten the shot.

BTW old folks die from the flu all the time. This isnt really shocking news.

The flu shot does work and this season it is incredibly well matched to the strains that are circulating with an 85% efficacy rate. Do not be fooled by anecdata.

• Like 2

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/12/29/can-via-rail-train-flu-death.html

That's kinda scary. I hope it isn't a SARS or H1N1 like virus.

H1N1 ,is just another flu strain . It won't kill people suddenly .

It's as dangerous as any other strain of flu . The hysteria the generated ,to make it a pariah amongst flu strains,was RETARDED.

Many things exhibit flu like symptoms,before death,including anthrax exposure .It could be anything .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

The flu shot does work and this season it is incredibly well matched to the strains that are circulating with an 85% efficacy rate. Do not be fooled by anecdata.

Or the anecdata compiled by the companies making the vaccines,as that's far more questionable .

LOL

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Vaccines are filled with poisons ,and cover maybe 1/8 th of the flu strains floating around .The drug company doesn't tell you that,and nor will your doctor ,who is getting kick backs from all the drug companies who's meds he pushes on his unsuspecting patients.

Your chances of getting sick from getting the flu ,is about 1000 times greater ,if you do get the shot .

If that's a darndest reason sign me up for the darndest brigade .

The drug companies ,and people who work for them *coughs* ,spout this flu shot saves propaganda ,to keep their pockets lined .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

I seriously doubt that. And after the freedom of information act revealed decades of lies and cover ups from drug companies regarding vaccines, I will never be fooled by them again.

• Like 1

I seriously doubt that. And after the freedom of information act revealed decades of lies and cover ups from drug companies regarding vaccines, I will never be fooled by them again.

I love you .Just sayin

Vaccines are filled with poisons ,and cover maybe 1/8 th of the flu strains floating around .The drug company doesn't tell you that,and nor will your doctor ,who is getting kick backs from all the drug companies who's meds he pushes on his unsuspecting patients.

Your chances of getting sick from getting the flu ,is about 1000 times greater ,if you do get the shot .

The drug companies ,and people who work for them *coughs* ,spout this flu shot saves propaganda ,to keep their pockets lined .

colinfarrell3p6ca.gif

• Like 2

Sometimes these vaccines can cause some really bad reactions.

I've never gotten a flu shot and haven't had it in years.

Or the anecdata compiled by the companies making the vaccines,as that's far more questionable .

LOL

Well, since they are not the ones that compile or analyze the data there is nothing to fear there.

It is unfortunate that you feel you need to make blatant false statements to make your imaginary scenario sound anything close to reality.

Edited by FurthurBB

Doubt away, it doesn't make your position any more tenable. Could you link me to those lies and cover ups because that is a new one on me.