Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cannibalism ,India tea plantation

Simbi Laveau

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/01/cannibalism-suspected-in-india-tea-plantation-worker-uprising/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+(The+Raw+Story)

There was an uprising by workers ,at an Assam (one of my faves) tea plantation ,in northern India .

The plantation owner and his wife,were beaten to death by the maniacal workers ,and then at least five of them,ate the flesh of the two murder victims .

http://www.rawstory.... (The Raw Story)

There was an uprising by workers ,at an Assam (one of my faves) tea plantation ,in northern India .

The plantation owner and his wife,were beaten to death by the maniacal workers ,and then at least five of them,ate the flesh of the two murder victims .

Cannibalism why? EEEEWWWWWW!

• Like 1

How do you get to that point when you think "Lets eat them."?

Edited by DKO
  • Like 3

From what I read, 10 workers were ordered to be evicted from the plantation. This sparked the riot.

If I was to guess, I would say they were making a "statement" about the fact that they are not even being paid enough to keep food on the table. 1000 workers rioted.

I am disgusted in the cannabilism but I can't help wondering how far they were pushed to feel that level of aggressive hatred for their bosses, 15 involved in the killing and 5 odd involved in eating parts of the body - that speaks to a deliberate act designed to create maximum impact and attention to their deprived conditions imo.

I really hate that so many people can be so demeaned by so few that something like this seems like a reasonable response to some of them.

• Like 3

Simbi in response to "What the hell is going on in India", you do know that this happens everywhere in the world and not specially in India, the only difference is a lot of this is not reported. India's like the 10th in crime rate and 50th in rape stats. I know what happened is a disgusting act and I in no way condone it, and I am not disagreeing with you or anything. Just merely stating a fact that this happens everywhere, only depends on what is being reported and what's not.

Edited by Wordless Wanderer
  • Like 2

From what I read, 10 workers were ordered to be evicted from the plantation. This sparked the riot.

If I was to guess, I would say they were making a "statement" about the fact that they are not even being paid enough to keep food on the table. 1000 workers rioted.

I am disgusted in the cannabilism but I can't help wondering how far they were pushed to feel that level of aggressive hatred for their bosses, 15 involved in the killing and 5 odd involved in eating parts of the body - that speaks to a deliberate act designed to create maximum impact and attention to their deprived conditions imo.

I really hate that so many people can be so demeaned by so few that something like this seems like a reasonable response to some of them.

I've really hated a few bosses and coworkers. Ive never had a desire to hack off a bicept for a munch.

Clock em with a brick,well maybe ,a nosh ,never.

These people won't eat beef ....but human flesh ...

• Like 1

Simbi in response to "What the hell is going on in India", you do know that this happens everywhere in the world and not specially in India, the only difference is a lot of this is not reported. India's like the 10th in crime rate and 50th in rape stats. I know what happened is a disgusting act and I in no way condone it, and I am not disagreeing with you or anything. Just merely stating a fact that this happens everywhere, only depends on what is being reported and what's not.

I've always thought of India as a spiritual and kind place,and all the news coming out as of late,has me despondent. Thats where my comment came from .

:(:(

• Like 1

I've really hated a few bosses and coworkers. Ive never had a desire to hack off a bicept for a munch.

Clock em with a brick,well maybe ,a nosh ,never.

These people won't eat beef ....but human flesh ...

I never thought of that! Again-EEEEWWWWWW!!!

On a lighter note, I like beef :P

• Like 1

Are you Hindu ?

If half the country is Hindu ,and half is Muslim ,half don't eat pork,half don't eat beef.

Or is that a myth ?

http://www.rawstory.... (The Raw Story)

Did they have guns?

Sorry, could not resist.

:lol: You're horrible. That's why I miss you in the Games section.

I think it was the rage that made people take a bite of boss-roast.

I’m not making up excuses for them, I was just thinking - what makes people cannibals: extreme hunger or extreme anger.

If they ate the boss, they were that hungry. If they only tasted him, they were that angry.

I consulted my co-worker (who is Indian) on this story and she said that area of the country is heavily tribal and they've only recently given up their special diet. I asked if that "special diet" included people. She said, yep.

• Like 1

I guess they were hungery. The lesson is pay your help enough they can buy food.

• Like 1

Perhaps: Where will we hide corpses?

I'd rather hide them in the ground than in my stomach. :P

Yes I'm a Hindu (a blasphemous one), the reason I and many Hindus eat beef is because we know that Hinduism is corrupted by the priests, they made laws and prohibitions according to what benefits them. I've had many a heated arguments with fellow Hindus about it, there are few sects of Hindus who are completely vegan. Also beef tastes good, so does bacon. I still haven't incurred God's wrath because I eat beef so I guess he's okay with it too :P

And Helen, don't worry cuz *in Arnie's voice* I'll be back! :lol:

• Like 2

Also I believe that there's just one God, so all the things that don't apply to people as a whole, I don't go by them :P I had some nice beef chili at tgif yesterday :P

• Like 2

I consulted my co-worker (who is Indian) on this story and she said that area of the country is heavily tribal and they've only recently given up their special diet. I asked if that "special diet" included people. She said, yep.

Oh! That's creepy! Ick!
  • Like 1

Also I believe that there's just one God, so all the things that don't apply to people as a whole, I don't go by them :P I had some nice beef chili at tgif yesterday :P

I've noticed the Balinese Hindu's east beef. They don't seem to have that rule.

^ That further proves my point that 'don't eat beef' is all made up

^ That further proves my point that 'don't eat beef' is all made up

*sags*

So many things I thought I knew ....none are true .

*sags*

So many things I thought I knew ....none are true .

Shishishi cheer up Simbi, I'll make you some nice biryani if you want :-*

• Like 1

Shishishi cheer up Simbi, I'll make you some nice biryani if you want :-*

Make it a vindaloo with some proper daal and paratha ,and you've got a deal .

• Like 1