Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New: Ancient Aliens – Aliens And Cover Ups

skywizard

I always feel vaguely ashamed of myself after watching Ancient Aliens, it's like cheating on the logical part of your brain with a deranged hussy. :P

• Like 1

Not to defend AA here, but there are some things shown during misc episodes of the show which are very difficult to explain.

I would just like to know how they moved and stacked those suckers, rope and men... ah, don't think so

Edited by skywizard

I would just like to know how they moved and stacked those suckers, rope and men... ah, don't think so

Tend to agree here as some stone quarries were from sites that were several miles away. I just don't see hundreds of guys dragging giant slabs of rock from a site greater than 100 miles away, and then putting forth all the effort required to stack them so high. I mean...why? Really, why? Because of their Gods?

That's interesting because the Biblical God kind of got p***ed off when humans built the tower of Babel...(and the Egyptian Gods / Pharoahs encouraged building of these giant structures?) so, interesting parralels with that one. Jesus never said, "go forth and build me a pyramid" either. Differing religions of different times though.

Edited by WoIverine

Tend to agree here as some stone quarries were from sites that were several miles away. I just don't see hundreds of guys dragging giant slabs of rock from a site greater than 100 miles away, and then putting forth all the effort required to stack them so high. I mean...why? Really, why? Because of their Gods?

That's interesting because the Biblical God kind of got p***ed off when humans built the tower of Babel...(and the Egyptian Gods / Pharoahs encouraged building of these giant structures?) so, interesting parralels with that one. Jesus never said, "go forth and build me a pyramid" either. Differing religions of different times though.

We will never really know what went on back then or what technology they had but I’ve been to Mexico and seen a Mayan temple and it was truly amazing.

Another thing with all that knowledge the Maya had, why act like savages and pull other humans hearts out to please their Gods, make it rain or whatever. Being that smart did they really think that would work… I guess they did.

What if someone else had them built, taught the obident ones, killed the unruley one then left?? well just me thinking :whistle:

~skywizard

Edited by skywizard

your rationale is that because they believed in stuff we find crazy they were actually idiots and couldn't havr built all the things they did?

Mate you ought to watch it the same way you watch comedy, that's what I do and by the lords of Cobol,they are ever so funny and entertaining. It's like watching an episode of Top Gear, you know it should be a car show, but in fact you spend half the time laughing.

Searcher - Am in the midst of report writing, but will take the liberty to interject a brief aside to the current topic:

Pleased to observe your return to these pages.

your rationale is that because they believed in stuff we find crazy they were actually idiots and couldn't havr built all the things they did?

Not calling them idiots at all. It is just hard for me to understand with all the knowledge they had why they had so little compassion towards human life. Your right it was their belief and like I was telling Wolverine we will never know what went on back then, only some truly amazing work.

For the last part like I said… just me thinking

Peace

~skywizard

knowledge =/= compassion. just look at America and it's irrational fear of contraception, free healthcare and he idea that women ask to be raped based on what they're wearing.

Indeed. Intelligence and knowledge in no way automatically lead to compassion and empathy.

Or building a temple would mean you are secular and had detailed knowledge of precipitation.

I would build an elaborate tomb with golden idols and giant rolling rock traps devoted to the rain cycle.

• Like 1

I lik the cut of your gib Hasina.

My gib can't be cut, it's made of rock, aliens are needed. ;D

Edited by Hasina

Not calling them idiots at all. It is just hard for me to understand with all the knowledge they had why they had so little compassion towards human life. Your right it was their belief and like I was telling Wolverine we will never know what went on back then, only some truly amazing work.

For the last part like I said… just me thinking

Peace

~skywizard

They were compassionate. They just did too many hallucinating drugs and went nuts. Licking the backs of poisonous frogs was high on their list. Let that be a history lesson to ya boys and girls, don't lick the backs of poisonous frogs or you will hallucinate and start ripping people's hearts out. Lol.

• Like 1

Searcher - Am in the midst of report writing, but will take the liberty to interject a brief aside to the current topic:

Though not busy myself, I'd like to interject with the same interjection, if I may.

Harte

• Like 1

My gib can't be cut, it's made of rock, aliens are needed. ;D

That's not a problem, they have blasters. :D

cormac

I lik the cut of your gib Hasina.

So that thing she's holding there is a gib?

Thought it was a jib.

In any case, she seems to be a good gib/jib holder.

Good form, etc.

Harte

• Like 1

Up whereever your species traditionally crams thinks Harte :P

Besides, you'd have thought a water-bender would have been able to find some sort of Earth-Bender in order to cut her gib/jib, it's just slackness on her part I tell you.

• Like 2

according to AA every meaningful event and structure in human history was concocted, carried out and covered up by aliens. which begs the question is AA part of the continued cover-up of the alien infestation of our planet. is reality TV really an accurate portrayl of reality. sometimes I feel like I'm in some sort of Lovecrafting story and I'm the only one that knows the truth and have to fight the urge to throw myself out the window. then I turn off the TV and go play LEGOs with my kids.

*sigh*

Before watching the video in the OP I thought I'd go back and watch the first episode of the season. Barely five minutes in and I'm cursing at the "TV" (my laptop actually).

"OMG! Pyramids all over the world! How is it possible that these primitive people, before global communication, were all building pyramids with similar shapes and structures? It must be aliens!"

I guess the fact that it's a bloody basic design structure, wide, square base with four sides narrowing as you go up couldn't explain anything.

I think I need therapy. I can't watch this show without getting angry or weeping at the continued erosion of our collective intelligence. That and bouts of self-loathing for not finding a way to exploit a certain segment of the population for my own financial gain.

I just watched the same ep and I have a question. Why no pyramids in Australia?

according to AA every meaningful event and structure in human history was concocted, carried out and covered up by aliens. which begs the question is AA part of the continued cover-up of the alien infestation of our planet. is reality TV really an accurate portrayl of reality. sometimes I feel like I'm in some sort of Lovecrafting story and I'm the only one that knows the truth and have to fight the urge to throw myself out the window. then I turn off the TV and go play LEGOs with my kids.

Strangely enough, the AA proponents seem to ignore things like the Pantheon and the Colosseum and the Aquaducts - despite them being architectural marvels of some advanced sophistication (both architecturally and mathematically). what ... the aliens didn't make them? Why not?? ohh that's right, we have records of us doing that. And yet aliens did teh rest.

I just watched the same ep and I have a question. Why no pyramids in Australia?

There's some "Bosnian Pyramids" style Pyramids here, so basically "they look pointy, and we've found artifacts on them, they must be pyramids!" pyramids.

Yeah, i saw the bit about the Bosnian pyramids and I thought that dude was stretching the point. Although as far as I know the fact about the Chinese govt covering up pyramids with vegetation is true. I didn't actually know that there are 8 faces on Khufu's pryamid so I guess I learned something.

People like you and me would've been sacrificed to Quetzalcoatl so the others would have more patience sanding rocks. ;D

Aaaah Patience, it's such an elusive and rare animal. Having said this, I'm still convinced that some people did just that, sanding rocks ad nauseum, by order of the clergy.

I've tried watching it that way and have in the past but now... I just can't. Maybe I'm going through a phase.

I get the same when I catch the occasional episode of one of the CSI's : "nooooooooooooo.....your science is totally WROOOONG!!!...>add invective of choice here<!!!" So don't worry, it happens.

Well look at what was done in the name of religion. Buidling huge cathedrals in Europe (Paris, Cologne to name but a few), the crusades, etc. Not so much of a stretch to say "build me a pyramid" in Egypt. Religion is a powerfull tool to manipulate the masses, don't forget that the rulers of Egypt were often also considered living gods or the incarnation of a god, so it's in fact not so surprising.

Glad to be back after my rather long hiatus :tu:

Though not busy myself, I'd like to interject with the same interjection, if I may.

Harte

And again, glad to be back :yes:

Edited by TheSearcher

I get the same when I catch the occasional episode of one of the CSI's : "nooooooooooooo.....your science is totally WROOOONG!!!...>add invective of choice here<!!!" So don't worry, it happens.

Much like my disdain for the ridiculous "profiling" on Criminal Minds.

And the AA episode for tonight... Alien Power Plants. More on the pyramids it seems.

Much like my disdain for the ridiculous "profiling" on Criminal Minds.

And the AA episode for tonight... Alien Power Plants. More on the pyramids it seems.

Might not be pyramids........well chances are it is, but hey, one can hope right?