Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I god?

Koreyomg

A straw man argument is a logical fallacy.

Materialism in no shape or form contradicts colour perception.

perception

im sure your completely right, Materialism in no shape or form contradicts colour perception.. even though i can pertain that as a lie.. Through a materialistic outlook towards.. ohh idk... say a perception... An say the science that colors give off emotions or set moods of perception.. Imagine your life outlook setting a mood.. Like a dim light.. It could be considered materialistic.. through the idea and fact that its what you made yourself out to be..
Perhaps you can explain more why you think materialism is incompatible with colour perception?

A mood is an emotional state, part of the central nervous system.

Perhaps you can explain more why you think materialism is incompatible with colour perception?

A mood is an emotional state, part of the central nervous system.

Im pretty sure your Signature explains the answer to that question pretty clearly...

You basically just asked me to pull out my PHD and tell you why life exists.. Iv been awake for 17 hours. im going to sleep.. Add me.. PM me.. An maybe we can start a blog.. Im only 20 for crying out loud. lol

Edited by KainFall
  • Like 1

perception

I imagine you're trying to link a definition (it didn't work)

However you realise materialism doesn't reject the mind? The mind is a complex biological network

Im pretty sure your Signature explains the answer to that question pretty clearly...

Non sequitur
You basically just asked me to pull out my PHD and tell you why life exists.. Iv been awake for 17 hours. im going to sleep.. Add me.. PM me.. An maybe we can start a blog.. Im only 20 for crying out loud. lol

I don't know what you're talking about. I asked why you called it a lie.

But of course. Oh and hey Rlyeh, Its been nearly a year sense Iv been on Unexplained-mysteries.. other than looking at its newsfeed.. But I recognized your profile name and checked my content and your exactly who i thought you were..

http://www.unexplain...ic=218206&st=45

Your still great as all can be.. :P

Edited by KainFall

But of course. Oh and hey Rlyeh, Its been nearly a year sense Iv been on Unexplained-mysteries.. other than looking at its newsfeed.. But I recognized your profile name and checked my content and your exactly who i thought you were..

http://www.unexplain...ic=218206&st=45

Your still great as all can be.. :P

Right.. the guy who talks to aliens...

Just felt like enlightening your day cause I know how much you love me. jk :P I Do enjoy the debates and exchange of ideas we have though. But im gonna leave this forum post Cause going off topic.. Ill probably just pm you or something.. But I think all this has helped in an explanation that we are all god... Even though/if science tends to be the key to our healths.

Edited by KainFall

I imagine you're trying to link a definition (it didn't work)

However you realise materialism doesn't reject the mind? The mind is a complex biological network

Material reductionism is philosophically flawed.

Whats the area of a circle? You cant give me a precise answer because it has infinite decimal places. Infinite decimal places are at odds with a reality reducable to fundamental building blocks. We could pull out 101 paradoxes from philosophy such as the tortoise and hare which all violate reductionism.

You base your worldview on reductionism so you think your mind is like a computer. Your mind is not a product of your ideas, beliefs, knowledge or perceptions. It is the producer and thus is the most fundamental thing there is.

• Like 1

Really, Gaht dang it pharaoh, I apologize for my intrusion of apathetic attempt of reason an explanation. I understand that your stance "could" be over a higher explanation of/for the soul.. And an even deeper meaning behind that.. I shouldv put it into consideration. The depth of ones own mind.. An how far it can go.

But a pawn from a higher game... Its just history.

I see behind your deception. I have no furthur right to question your mind.. No more than any other person presumably.. Sigh*

No more deceptive than anybody else here, and far less than some........

However, there is no deception in my identity for my name mirrors my signature, as I know you know, and around in ever decreasing circles until the light returns, or something, or nothing, or even the eyes of Heisenburg transposed onto Schoedinger's cat, who may be in Maru's box or a tube full of cats. Plastic is fragile, brains are foam, straw dolls burn. It's us! here! in city six, waiting, still waiting...

editod fur typoh

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

I think we can become the boss of ourselves, but that's as close as we can get.

Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 1

May not be the right forum. But I have heard this a lot lately from some very spiritual people. And actually recently found it in a philosophical book by Deepak Chopra. Basically stating that we are our own god. Or I believe someone pointed to their head when asked about god.

It kind of makes more sense than a lot of other claims. To say that we are our own creator, so in essence we are god, our own god.

Is this something that is a popular belief or am I just coincidentally seeing this? I am really interested to hear what others have come to believe.

As being the avatar of their own destiny and not someone else, I'm not against that.

Anyone who thinks that they are "god" and ruler of everything should be put in a straight jacket and confined in a mental asylum.

• Like 1

If God wanted to experience the material universe as a human, to experience loneliness, sorrow, mortality, Would he/she let himself/herself be aware of the fact that he/she is God? ;)

• Like 1

Material reductionism is philosophically flawed.

Your misconception of it is flawed.
Whats the area of a circle? You cant give me a precise answer because it has infinite decimal places. Infinite decimal places are at odds with a reality reducable to fundamental building blocks. We could pull out 101 paradoxes from philosophy such as the tortoise and hare which all violate reductionism.
MATHEMATICS IS ABSTRACT.

You've been called on this crap before. Your blatant ignorance of mathematics isn't materialism's problem.

Your mind is not a product of your ideas, beliefs, knowledge or perceptions. It is the producer and thus is the most fundamental thing there is.

Again with the straw men. Your mind is produced by your brain, it includes your ideas, beliefs, and knowledge. Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

Walk up to a bear and tell it you're it's god. See what happens. ;)

I love this answer. :clap:

I want to add to it what Chardin said about God. God is asleep in rocks and minerals, waking in plants and animals, to know self in man. That is "The process of evolution reflecting on itself". We are evolved from the animal world with brains that take thinking a quantum leap beyond what it was, and become God's consciousness.

Your misconception of it is flawed.

MATHEMATICS IS ABSTRACT.

You've been called on this crap before. Your blatant ignorance of mathematics isn't materialism's problem.

Again with the straw men. Your mind is produced by your brain, it includes your ideas, beliefs, and knowledge.

I think we need to be careful about not being too restricted with our understanding of mind. Our thinking is an interaction between brain and body. We can think with our stomachs or think with our hearts. Both these areas of our body give us feedback that effects what we think. Our brains are not like computers that process information in a linear fashion, but involve memories with feelings, information of others and the world, sensations of the moment that are both internally and externally activated,, and all this is effected by hormones and chemicals involving our whole body.

Human mind is so much greater than animal mind, because it is an accumulation of human thought., and our consciousness of what is can be totally changed with information, such as figuring out it is germs that make people sick, not demons and witches. Together mind is much greater than individual brain storage of information and information processing. Beyond this, there is reason to believe this greater mind my have spiritual qualities and humans may spontaneously tap into this spiritual realm of logos, Rita, spirit, God.

Edited by me-wonders
  • Like 2

I always liked the idea that god is within us all and all things and its up to you, to choose the right path. :tu:

• Like 1

I disagree with this I am not god and never will be, when I think of god I think of a perfect entity and no human on this planet is perfect. Besides If we were all gods I doubt we would be searching for understanding in how things work, because If we were gods we would know it already. Not to mention the countless wars and deaths by wars.

• Like 3

Wow this topic blew up. And these funny posts really gave me a laugh or two xD

I tried to read every post verbatim however some towards the end seemed to trail off the topic. So forgive me if I overlooked anything while skimming the more recent replies. I like what me-wonder said regarding meterialism =]

I should have gone into more detail, however I didn't think anyone would actually respond lol.

Well in my perspective I mean no disrespect towards religious beliefs. Simply philosophy, I believe that we are god. Not in the sense of the all powerful ruler over everything or a mystical being like zues. In the sense that I am my own god as are you. In the "end" I feel as though we answer to ourselves, or our higher being. Not in a judgmental way, simply becoming one with our true self in the gap between our process of evolution of our spirit.

I think that after going through life experiences of being reborn over and over we eventually evolve into a pure blissful being at the highest astral plane free from the laws of karma.

I also want to note that I enjoyed reading the replies that mention reality being relative to the perspective viewer. Which makes a lot of sense with what I believe regarding "I am my own god". Reality is defiantly relative which is something even a scientist would believe based on past finding of time itself being relative to the person experiencing it as well as many other things such as the speed of light, and even the process of color reception.

Looking forward to hearing more diverse replies =]

May not be the right forum. But I have heard this a lot lately from some very spiritual people. And actually recently found it in a philosophical book by Deepak Chopra. Basically stating that we are our own god. Or I believe someone pointed to their head when asked about god.

It kind of makes more sense than a lot of other claims. To say that we are our own creator, so in essence we are god, our own god.

Is this something that is a popular belief or am I just coincidentally seeing this? I am really interested to hear what others have come to believe.

It's a currently popular belief but has been around for a long time. There are some profound religions & philosophical beliefs around this that most people don't bother to explore, settling instead for the pop meaning and skating on the surface rather than looking more deeply. I think people neglect to think about the responsibilities entailed in being god or god-like, the self-discipline, the sacrifice, the acquisition of knowledge, etc.

Your mommy and daddy are your gods.

It's a currently popular belief but has been around for a long time. There are some profound religions & philosophical beliefs around this that most people don't bother to explore, settling instead for the pop meaning and skating on the surface rather than looking more deeply. I think people neglect to think about the responsibilities entailed in being god or god-like, the self-discipline, the sacrifice, the acquisition of knowledge, etc.

I agree. Without intent of disrespect I do feel as though most are taught to remain ignorant to philosophy and trust their religious teachings. Which in my open leaves them to drop their "sins" on a trustworthy savior and god rather than dealing with the karma themselves.

Your mommy and daddy are your gods.

I can see why you would say that. I love my parents unconditionally however I do not believe my birth was my creation, simply a continuation of an ongoing evolution.

Edited by Koreyomg

Of course your not god, if you were, you would not need to seek an answer the question. Those new age freaks are crazy.

doug