Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the Mystery of the Number 7

laver

It's a bloody number. It indicates that you have more than six but less than eight.

That is so true.... maybe there is no mystery in the number 7 after all... maybe there is no mystery in anything... if so why waste your valuable time looking at UM?

Ah .... now we have a mystery.....

That is so true.... maybe there is no mystery in the number 7 after all... maybe there is no mystery in anything... if so why waste your valuable time looking at UM?

Ah .... now we have a mystery.....

Just cause I can't have Niles Crane doesn't mean I can't fawn over him. I find it entertaining, the unexplained. If you wanted pats on the back from fellow believers, I'm sure you'll get many, but remember there's always many sides to a discussion, just because one does not believe in the object of the discussion shouldn't mean their banned from it.

Edited by Hasina

Just cause I can't have Niles Crane doesn't mean I can't fawn over him. I find it entertaining, the unexplained. If you wanted pats on the back from fellow believers, I'm sure you'll get many, but remember there's always many sides to a discussion, just because one does not believe in the object of the discussion shouldn't mean their banned from it.

Please, dear lady, play on, all contributions are gratefully recieved and I personally love your direct approach 6 (7) 8 QED game over but there may be more behind it which is worth considering. By the way best of luck with Niles Crane. ( whoever he may be??)

Always thought the father was the funniest thing about that show myself...

• Like 1

Revelations: the seven spirits of god.... I wonder what or who these are... any ideas on that?

The 7 Spirits of God are in ISA. 11:2 "And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowlegde and the fear of the LORD."

the seventh Doctor was the most dangerous and manipulative (including tricking the Daleks and Davros into destroying themselves).

• Like 2

The 7 Spirits of God are in ISA. 11:2 "And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowlegde and the fear of the LORD."

And the first spirit was Wisdom - Sophie - the goddess with her 7 pillars... or lights ... or lamps to show the way..

the seventh Doctor was the most dangerous and manipulative (including tricking the Daleks and Davros into destroying themselves).

My my you do spend a lot of time watching the box....

Reading books actually.

I prefer the books and novelisations - that way noone is skimping on the special effects :D

Don't forget the answer to the big question of the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy...42

Of course that was the answer to "what is 6 times 7"!!!

• Like 2

It's the Matrix man.

All collections have seven objects due to the data structures implemented in the matrix.

The model for the data structure actually contains eight elements - seven pointers to the objects and a pointer to the name of the collection.

Now, do you want the blue or the red pill?

OY!! Don't knock the doctor..... :P

Reading books actually.

I prefer the books and novelisations - that way noone is skimping on the special effects :D

I allways found those skimpy special effects making half the charm of the old series lol

Edited by TheSearcher

OMG - There is the topic the book with the 7 seals found lol hahahahah ironic isnt it?

OY!! Don't knock the doctor..... :P

I allways found those skimpy special effects making half the charm of the old series lol

I totslly agree, but given I grew up reading the novelisations and the Expanded Unoverse nocels, I've a special space for the in my heart.

I totslly agree, but given I grew up reading the novelisations and the Expanded Unoverse nocels, I've a special space for the in my heart.

So I take it your heart is bigger on the inside than the outside?

OMG - There is the topic the book with the 7 seals found lol hahahahah ironic isnt it?

Just make sure the two never touch or the universe might indeed implode

• Like 1

Hahahahahahahahaha ok Ill use all my super man powers to ensure the 2 never touch :) "peter saves the world again" thats the 7th time in the last 7 months over the last 7 years.... :)

Hahahahahahahahaha ok Ill use all my super man powers to ensure the 2 never touch :) "peter saves the world again" thats the 7th time in the last 7 months over the last 7 years.... :)

The mystery of 7 is a real mystery and a challenge

We are told that in the Book of Revelations

'Here is the secret meaning of the 7 stars which you saw in my right hand,

and of the 7 lamps of gold: the 7 stars are the angels of the 7 churches

and the 7 lamps are the 7 churches.' ( Chapter 1 verse 20 )

So there is a secret in the 7 locations chosen by Jesus that we clearly have to find.

We would not have been told that there was a secret if we were not meant to find it.

It is a challenge.

Find the secret meaning and reveal what it is

That must be the purpose of the Book of Revelations

Can anyone tell when this will happen?

Probably not, it will just depend on human endeavour and curiosity

And possibly luck

But at some time the mystery would be solved

The mystery has, beyond all reasonable doubt, now been solved

It emerges that these churches are part of an ancient design of landscape geometry

which was highlighted by Jesus and Mary of Magdala

The geometry aligns many ancient sites of the Holy Land and elsewhere

but the proof of this is provided by the 7 church locations which as stated are lamps

that show the way. But what does this mean?

In Genesis the 7th day of creation is Holy- a time to reflect on past events....

• Like 1

And the first spirit was Wisdom - Sophie - the goddess with her 7 pillars... or lights ... or lamps to show the way..

the first spirit is the spirit of the Lord. reread what i wrote.

Numbers are quite important, everything is created mathmatically, there are cycles and seasons and measurements.... We may not be able to fathom all of them but they make us exist and we live within them.. No harm trying to understand them..

Yes I get that geometry is a language we recognize in nature and all but.... what i fail to express is that I do believe that some people place superstition in numbers...I guess what I'm trying to say is this, there's a source above it all , more accurate than numbers . I don't think that geometry will ever explain but so much and what we think we know we know nothing, even still. And yet I do enjoy learning the nothings that i learn in comparison to the mind of God, I know nothing is what I'm saying...

Edited by Reann
  • Like 1

Yes I get that geometry is a language we recognize in nature and all but.... what i fail to express is that I do believe that some people place superstition in numbers...I guess what I'm trying to say is this, there's a source above it all , more accurate than numbers . I don't think that geometry will ever explain but so much and what we think we know we know nothing, even still. And yet I do enjoy learning the nothings that i learn in comparison to the mind of God, I know nothing is what I'm saying...

There is a source above it all true.. but humans are made curious about the smaller things that build into the bigger things. Is numerology the ticket? Not so much for me although when reading revelations I do wonder about the mystery of the number seven... I do think there is more to the seven spirits of god than what most people think about. I contemplate the trinity and also see holiness in the number 1, 2 and 4. There is one god, two come together and are better than one, the trinity + me makes four, I like the number 12 as well ....

I understand your point, god is the creator, he is the most important, lean not on your own understanding, but god did make the numbers, the stars, and the scientific atom splitting, seed carrying biology responsible for it all. God truly is full of numbers, it's ok if some folks are attracted to them. Imo

There is a source above it all true.. but humans are made curious about the smaller things that build into the bigger things. Is numerology the ticket? Not so much for me although when reading revelations I do wonder about the mystery of the number seven... I do think there is more to the seven spirits of god than what most people think about. I contemplate the trinity and also see holiness in the number 1, 2 and 4. There is one god, two come together and are better than one, the trinity + me makes four, I like the number 12 as well ....

I understand your point, god is the creator, he is the most important, lean not on your own understanding, but god did make the numbers, the stars, and the scientific atom splitting, seed carrying biology responsible for it all. God truly is full of numbers, it's ok if some folks are attracted to them. Imo

I understand too in how you are seeing the bible and all it's mysteries...don't get me wrong though , i get into numerology too..I love and am interested in all things spiritual... But sometimes i wonder about how much is from man and is superstitious because in Christ teachings I don't see any of this numerology as being important ...I see the book of revelations as more low key and spoken of in a secret sort of way so that certain people would not be able to decipher it. I don't think that the old magical ways that were once used by Solomon and others were what Christ wanted for us to place our faith and trust in.

I understand too in how you are seeing the bible and all it's mysteries...don't get me wrong though , i get into numerology too..I love and am interested in all things spiritual... But sometimes i wonder about how much is from man and is superstitious because in Christ teachings I don't see any of this numerology as being important ...I see the book of revelations as more low key and spoken of in a secret sort of way so that certain people would not be able to decipher it. I don't think that the old magical ways that were once used by Solomon and others were what Christ wanted for us to place our faith and trust in.

I agree

I agree

I agree with you too. I don't know , I just wonder sometimes about why Jesus never emphasized on any of that mysterious stuff but that he emphasized for us to trust in his name and in God. He emphasized how much we are loved and he despised all the chaos which we live with even now...

When Jesus entered the earth the Roman empire was abounding and taking over , the Jewish priest propheted with the Roman government ...I look at the world now and I try not to allow the chaos to distract me...I think that Christ in all the midst of chaos around him ,taught us by example.I don't think I have that strength to face chaos like he did and stay focused, but I think that only in him I can.

The number 8 is one of my favorites... And for some reason I read that the number 9 represents immortality and that the free masons favor that number....but I think they don't reveal it to people.I don't know what the mystery is with that one.

Edited by Reann

The teachings of Christ are full of parables and hidden meanings including numerology which was clearly done for a reason and it is also clear that he wanted us to try and work out what the real meanig was in seeking the truth as he told the Samaritan lady at the well at Shechen (John 4 :1-42). This is a very important passage in the bible for various reasons