Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian warships gathering off Syria waters

OverSword

From the article:

Russian warships are being deployed off the Syrian coast in the Mediterranean Sea to deter any military intervention by the Western states in the Arab country, a report says.

Citing a Russian diplomat, The Sunday Times said that Russia has sent five landing ships, carrying military vehicles and hundreds of marines, as well as combat vessels in the eastern Mediterranean recently.

“Russia should be prepared for any developments, as it believes the situation in Syria might reach its peak before Easter,” the Times quoted the diplomatic source as saying on condition of anonymity.

The diplomat added that the presence of the Russian marines near the Syrian waters will deter “the West from deploying ground forces” in Syria to help militants fighting the government forces.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/01/06/282035/russian-ships-near-syria-to-deter-west/

Russia is also evacuating its citizens and others. So what.

It's fear mongering by Iranian TV. If the chemical weapons become a prize for the FSA then a division of Russians won't matter to Israel or the West. Airstrikes and special forces will eliminate the problem to a large degree. I think the Russians are there to evacuate their citizens - who they KNOW will be slaughtered in revenge if Assad falls. Russia wants to maintain a warm water port on the Med but they won't risk a world war for it.

Good for Russia I say! That'll pi** David Cameron right off.... the twot.

He only backs a sure bet... with his mates.. standing behind the teacher, Calling names!

He said lately "we'll go to war if Argentina invades the Falklands"..... & who's that David... you & yours, or the servicemen who you don't give a hoot about...

Sorry, back on topic.. yes.... Good for you, Russia!

• Like 2

Good for Russia I say! That'll pi** David Cameron right off.... the twot.

He only backs a sure bet... with his mates.. standing behind the teacher, Calling names!

He said lately "we'll go to war if Argentina invades the Falklands"..... & who's that David... you & yours, or the servicemen who you don't give a hoot about...

Sorry, back on topic.. yes.... Good for you, Russia!

Russia is partially responsible for every death that has occurred in Syria since right after the war began. If they had not supported Assad then he would have already fallen I think. Russia is an ally of Syria and I understand why they have stayed in the game but that in no way makes them less culpable.

Russia is partially responsible for every death that has occurred in Syria since right after the war began. If they had not supported Assad then he would have already fallen I think. Russia is an ally of Syria and I understand why they have stayed in the game but that in no way makes them less culpable.

So when we tell you that the US is partially responsible for every death that has occurred in Palestine since right after that war began, eat your own cooking. And what should we do about this mutual culpability?

• Like 5

well we could nuke em all and let the universe sort it out later...... or we could sit back and drink a coke ( or a cup of tea) and don't worry about it..... i know what i am going to do

i have a two liter in front of me and several more on the shelf

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 2

Am glad we have nations like Russia and China maintaining balance in world affairs..

Edited to add: Do we really want one nation with all the power to force other nations to live their way and do what they say?

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 6

So when we tell you that the US is partially responsible for every death that has occurred in Palestine since right after that war began, eat your own cooking. And what should we do about this mutual culpability?

Because the situation in Syria so closely resembles that in Palestine, right? Cry for the perpetrator all you care to but leave me out of your pity party.

Am glad we have nations like Russia and China maintaining balance in world affairs..

Edited to add: Do we really want one nation with all the power to force other nations to live their way and do what they say?

If their systems appeal to you that much then why not immigrate? I'm sure they'd love to have someone who supports their ideals.
  • Like 1

Well on Russia Today they said the ships were to evacuate non military civilians and aid. Not warships but Cargo ships. Press TV have blamed Israel for everything

Because the situation in Syria so closely resembles that in Palestine, right? Cry for the perpetrator all you care to but leave me out of your pity party.

In that the US is partially responsible for every death that has occurred in Palestine since right after that war began the same way Russia is in Syria, yes, it's exactly the same. And what should we do about this mutual culpability? Syria is suffering at the hands of a UN veto, created out of the moral hazard of our own veto. While we may be so sure of ourselves and our political views in the world, some other power will not be. And we get the situation in Syria that we have today. This wasn't hard to predict. It was more difficult not to. And it will happen again and again until we understand that with so many veto powers and so many cross currents there will usually be an enabler in the UN of the massacres and political oppression we get from the Sharons and Assads of the world.

• Like 2

Nothing more than just a show of force in the 'disputed area' to keep the Proles ginned up. Looks like it's working.

• Like 1

Too bad we don't have a place to sit down and discuss this, like a place where nations can come together and be... united... Instead, you'll have some trying to force unilateral agreements, while others will just block anything because they don't like the other guy.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 5

Nothing more than just a show of force in the 'disputed area' to keep the Proles ginned up. Looks like it's working.

I thought you said Poles as in Polish

• Like 1

Five landing ships? That's it? That isn't going to deter anyone. I think it's far more likely that the ships are there to protect Russian citizens, nothing more.

Five landing ships? That's it? That isn't going to deter anyone. I think it's far more likely that the ships are there to protect Russian citizens, nothing more.

Anyway Russia is smarter enough than Iran

• Like 1

Excellent, a multipolar world will definitely free us of political hegemony.

You might be interested in this article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christophe-de-margerie/globalization_b_2421796.html

If their systems appeal to you that much then why not immigrate? I'm sure they'd love to have someone who supports their ideals.

Just telling you what is happening.

Moving over there? Their system?

Maybe you didn't understand the concept is wanting a better globe where no one system is "better". We should all have the same, the best we can do.

Having a better system here usually is the result of economic disparity and we should aim for egalitarianism instead.

Well on Russia Today they said the ships were to evacuate non military civilians and aid. Not warships but Cargo ships. Press TV have blamed Israel for everything

They are really there to give aid to Syria by repleneshing ammo and other provisions.

Anyway Russia is smarter enough than Iran

Russia has a greater economy and is part of the emerging BRIC nations.

What proof do you have that Russia is smarter?

Poles as in multipolar.

• Like 2

Im happy to see Russia not bowing to NATO Imperialism. Has anyone considered the WMD's that Saddam hid in Syria might now be moved to Russia.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 3

There is a pre-planned naval exercise taking place in Mediteranian. There are not five landing ships, only one, to my knowledge. Certainly these ships are ready to evacuate Russian citizens, though if this was any aggresive fleet, then Admiral Kuznetsov (carrier) would also be there, but it is not, to my knowledge.

I'm sure they'd love to have someone who supports their ideals.

The rush for passports begins! all follow Gerard Depardieu! :D
  • Like 1

Im happy to see Russia not bowing to NATO Imperialism. Has anyone considered the WMD's that Saddam hid in Syria might now be moved to Russia.

Except there never were any WMD's that Saddam had. All he had were weak bio-weapons we helped him produce when he was our ally during the Iran-Iraq War. We keep the good stuff for ourselves, just in case we need it, and so no one can use it against us. What Saddam had was mustard gas I think, WW1 tech, please...

I am repping you for Russia.

Edited by I believe you
  • Like 1

snapback.pngThe New Richard Nixon, on 08 January 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Poles as in multipolar.

Proles....as in Proletarians...

• Like 2

Proles....as in Proletarians...

I knew what you meant, was just messing with Nix, and I also like to start and end my posts with the same idea, so that tied it in neatly, so yeah, I knew what you meant. (:

I almost forgot.

Plebes>proles

or are they the same thing in a manner of speaking?

Plebes=proles?