Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pack of stray dogs 'kills four' in park

Still Waters

Authorities in Mexico are investigating the deaths of four people reportedly killed by a pack of dogs in a park.

The bodies of the victims, including a mother and her baby, were covered in what appeared to be bite marks, and police found their belongings nearby.

At least 25 dogs living in Cerro de la Estrella, a hilly woodland in eastern Mexico City, have been rounded up by investigators.

The number of stray dogs in the Mexican capital is estimated at about 120,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-20944664

said story, especially with all the guns and violence in the country, there was no single gun when it was needed.

Actually, Mexico is ranked 42nd in terms of gun ownership:

15 for every 100 people

Ranked 42 in the world for civilian gun ownership

The US is #1

88.8 for every 100 people

Ranked 1 in the world for civilian gun ownership

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/interactive/2012/jul/22/gun-ownership-homicides-map

With respect to violence:

much of the crime data per capita 1000 population suggests that in many respects Mexico is safer than the U.S.: in assaults the U.S. ranks No. 6, Mexico No. 20; burglaries the U.S. No. 17, Mexico No. 34; car thefts U.S. No. 9, Mexico No. 22; fraud U.S. No. 18, Mexico No. 29; Rape (Canada No.5), U.S. No. 9, Mexico No. 17.

http://69.73.170.179/ph5/read.php?17,40837,41127

Get tired of hearing how violent Mexico is when in reality most of the violence is in a few areas.

• Like 1

Actually, Mexico is ranked 42nd in terms of gun ownership:

15 for every 100 people

Ranked 42 in the world for civilian gun ownership

The US is #1

88.8 for every 100 people

Ranked 1 in the world for civilian gun ownership

http://www.guardian....p-homicides-map

With respect to violence:

much of the crime data per capita 1000 population suggests that in many respects Mexico is safer than the U.S.: in assaults the U.S. ranks No. 6, Mexico No. 20; burglaries the U.S. No. 17, Mexico No. 34; car thefts U.S. No. 9, Mexico No. 22; fraud U.S. No. 18, Mexico No. 29; Rape (Canada No.5), U.S. No. 9, Mexico No. 17.

http://69.73.170.179...?17,40837,41127

Get tired of hearing how violent Mexico is when in reality most of the violence is in a few areas.

yep, safe as bank vault. dude you ain't fooling no one. all those thousands of guns in drug cartels hands that kill thousands a month, are not in your stats. they are not regestered, thus unknown.

, but regardless how you feel about it, there was no gun when it was needed.

Man, those assault dogs can be nasty.

Let's pass a Dog Control piece of legislation.

yep, safe as bank vault. dude you ain't fooling no one. all those thousands of guns in drug cartels hands that kill thousands a month, are not in your stats. they are not regestered, thus unknown.

, but regardless how you feel about it, there was no gun when it was needed.

No, there wasn´t....too bad a local news station busted fast and furious or maybe somebody would have been packing heat. I guess that´s pretty much your solution to all problems. It is a sad story but don´t see how it´s related to violemce here in Mexico.

And people critisize me for not liking dogs...

Man, those assault dogs can be nasty.

Let's pass a Dog Control piece of legislation.

That´s a great idea! Do something to control all the stray dogs and I´m sure the number of people attacked by them would decrease,

And people critisize me for not liking dogs...

don't tell them and they wont, just say you are cat\bird\fish person, and they will understand.

No, there wasn´t....too bad a local news station busted fast and furious or maybe somebody would have been packing heat. I guess that´s pretty much your solution to all problems. It is a sad story but don´t see how it´s related to violemce here in Mexico.

I think he was just pointing out that with all of the unwanted gun violence in Mexico, it would have been nice to have some gun violence against those perros.

don't tell them and they wont, just say you are cat\bird\fish person, and they will understand.

But I'm not a cat/bird/fish person either. I don't believe in having pets.

I think he was just pointing out that with all of the unwanted gun violence in Mexico, it would have been nice to have some gun violence against those perros.

Yes, I recognize that. That seems to be aztec´s solution to all problems. There are certainlñy enough gun threads going on and I really don´t understand why this has to become another one.

Uhh, well i must say that it does sound rather peculiar. :hmm: Why did the dogs attack in the first place? There was no mention of dogs eating them up, so it was just some random act of violence from dogs?? hmmmm

A pack of wild dogs is no joke. My Mom lived in Cortland NY for about 8 years. Had a nice little humble country home way in the back woods. So Im visiting her one night (3 hour drive way north) and Im having a smoke through one of the bed room windows. Thank God I decided to stay in side. Its pitch black out side, and you cant see anything. Next thing I know there is the sound of, no kidding, must have been 100 dogs. She had 5 acres 2 in the front yard, and it sounded like they filled the whole front yard. I never heard anything like it in my life. My cat was out side, and my first though was they were going to rip him to shreds. Lucky they didnt. My next thought was that if I or my son, or any of us, had been outside, there would have just been way to many to stop. They were a large powerful pack. I believe there were so many that if they were hungry enough it would have taken a fully automatic with several hundred rounds to turn them away. Ive spent alot of time there, and have never before, or after heard anything like it. And I didnt even see one of them. Just heard them carrying on howlin and barking and fighting each other. It was the first time Ive feared for my mom to live there. She came home after dark from work many nights. If they crossed her path, It very well could have turned ugly. It got so bad with the dogs in the area that the day after dear season, they let people go dog hunting for 2 weeks. And they killed hundreds every year. This was over thousands of acres, hundreds miles of woods. This way the pregnate dear could deliver babies with more chance the babies, or fawns I think they call them would live.

yeah. dogs are real cute until they are ferral and then id just as soon shoot one than to try and pet it...wild dogs that is.