Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Show us your EGO!

Professor T

I would like to like your post here sarah 444 but as I have used up my quoter today...... I had to type this instead.

It's a really good exercise to look into and study the theories about the id, ego, big I, little i...... And all the other variations upon the same theme. It has been philosophised over since philosophy began and so phycology.

Once passed the self-a-facing stuff which will ruffle anyones feathers. It can be quite amusing to watch the out play in oneself and others.

Only when it has been addressed, can it be de-contaminated as it were.

It is interesting how the Ego with the big E or big I will use every underhanded trick to subjugate, ostracise, manipulate, pull down..... All about it which it is threatened by..... Such as the statistics Prof T demonstrated so well earlier. All these tricks are in a vain attempt to get/stay on top of what in truth is a fictitious pyre. The fat Ego is a false friend who pretends to protect you from harm..... When it truth there is nothing to fear.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres a daily quota for likes!!

That's not Fair.. :angry: Hasina lives in Texas and get's out of bed way earlier than me..

No wonder she's 1st in the most liked scale.. Everyone run's out of likes by the time

the sun rises in New Zealand and I get out of bed.

:lol:

10p8zyu.jpg

One day I will have myself crowned God and make all the people worship me.

I will take the unemployed and have them construct a 2 mile high statue in my likeness and I will have anybody who is someone erased from the history books so I am left the greatest.

Me, me, me!

Hmmmm...Anti-Christ much?

Well I missed something here..

Is anyone else willing to have a go at picking Jinxdom's Ego apart?

Well you could say he likes being a wild card. Likes to mix it up a bit and sometimes be mischievous. Purposely stirs the pot when the doodoo is already thick, to add a little more flavour. Like the Cheshire Cat, but unlike the cat, bring everybody's focus specifically on him and for the drama. I think Mr. Wrong Wing likes to do that, as well. But more so than anybody else on these forums. Then again, I think we all like or need a little drama anyway, keeps life exciting, whether it's negative or positive. Right? With anger it's that way, a negative, people thrive on it. It makes them feel alive and powerful. But at the same time, it's selfdestructive and can overwhelm us. We all like drama in our lives, we subconsciously think it would boring be otherwise.

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 1

Lol.. Awesome!!!!!

You picked up on his baiting on the Unemployed as well..

Am wondering though, do you think that Mr's Right wing wrote that remark about the unemployed intentionally?

Well you did tell people to show their ego's.

But the Right-Winged one has received flak on other threads.

Tbh I should have been grandiose like him and totally embraced it.

Silly old me thought it was just a way to show the reality of our online ego.

And it's now brought out a side of me that I try to avoid if I can.

Tbh does an angry person indicate a strong or big ego?

I suppose everybody has a right to be angry so it's a good question.

However there's no way humility is part of either.

Tbh I've run out of Christmas greetings to diffuse the situation.

However on second thoughts...

Edited by Medium Brown
  • Like 1

Well you did tell people to show their ego's.

But the Right-Winged one has received flak on other threads.

Tbh I should have been grandiose like him and totally embraced it.

Silly old me thought it was just a way to show the reality of our online ego.

And it's now brought out a side of me that I try to avoid if I can.

Tbh does an angry person indicate a strong or big ego?

I suppose everybody has a right to be angry so it's a good question.

However there's no way humility is part of either.

Tbh I've run out of Christmas greetings to diffuse the situation.

However on second thoughts...

:D

Some people seem to enjoy recieving flak in regards to their opinions.. I think this is an Ego aspect of attention seeking and using their energy to manipulate others into reactions..

Does an Angry person indicate a strong or Big Ego?.... I don't think so.. I tend to think (without having read Sarahs link yet) that anger indicates a threatened Ego more than anything else, which may indicate weakness as opposed to strength..

• Like 1

I had not realized I'd become so prolific on this site...

You are much loved...

I'm not surprised you've changed your avatar to something other than your self today...

This imo, is an Ego reaction to learning that people react to and percieve other peoples personality & Ego by Avatar and comments.. Your Ego has felt exposed by this and felt a little threatened.

Am I right?

• Like 2

Well, according to my Spreadsheet, Likely Guy Just piped you for fourth place and you have slipped to fifth. lol. hope he didn't bruise your ego.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

• Like 2

I'm not going to sugarcoat this or accept it.

How can you honestly justify this hatred of unemployed people?

Didn't you realise this wouldn't go un-noticed when me and the OP are jobless.

I can't honestly speak for him but I'm letting you know clearly what my feelings are.

You are an idiot of the highest order and here's me picking apart your ego.

I've heard of god complexes but you take the biscuit.

Congratulations for being the second person to anger me on this forum.

Getting the unemployed to build a 2 mile high statue of me is not a punishment. Its an honour for you and in return you're rewarded with a full-time job until you find something. As you're so ungreatful you're going on my 'throw to the lions' list.

I would be a mean God and I'd be mean just because I can (insert evil manical laughing here)

Edited by Mr Right Wing
  • Like 1

After the Buzzkill conversation yesterday i have thought more about how others percieve me and the more astute members would have noticed i changed my avatar from Buzzkillington the Third, but still don't have a name which suits me more. So i am (obviously) sticking with the whole Buzzkill theme for now.

I thought the name reflected me quite well as i enjoyed getting into debate by arguing from the unothodox viewpoint (i.e Gaddafi wasn't a bad leader) which most people have an immediate reaction to. This enables me to come back with facts against peoples preconcieved notions, whilst giving my ego a boost for being so clever!

I must say that all this introversion is a tad unsettling.Well at least my ego thinks so, and all this talk about it is getting it worried.

Is there any tried and tested techniques to controlling ego? Should it be controlled? Surely introversion and reflection will just lead to more doubts about how you are percieved and therefore hide your true personality behind the veil of conformity?

Getting the unemployed to build a 2 mile high statue of me is not a punishment.

Its an honour for you and in return you are rewarded with a full-time job until you find something.

I enjoy reading your posts Mr Right Wing, even the controversial ones which get peoples hackles up. Whatever you are doing to deal with your ego, keep it up. How boring would this world be if all agreed on everything and noone ventured opinions that were likely to cause offence to some? As Ricky Gervias put it "just because you are offended doesn't mean that you are right."

edit: spelling/grammer etc (and i'm sure I missed as few, feel free to not point them out)

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 2

Some people seem to enjoy recieving flak in regards to their opinions.. I think this is an Ego aspect of attention seeking and using their energy to manipulate others into reactions..

Does an Angry person indicate a strong or Big Ego?.... I don't think so.. I tend to think (without having read Sarahs link yet) that anger indicates a threatened Ego more than anything else, which may indicate weakness as opposed to strength..

I think people with high self-esteem can be prone to delusions of grandeur. There comes a point in life where if everything has gone too well for you then you start to go a little funny in the head. You might actually start to believe that you are some kind of God lol.

• Like 1

I feel that my online personality is much different than my "in-person" personality is. I tend to sift ego out of my online personality more than I'm able to in person. Common side-effect is that ego "shines" thru in person because my filter hasn't caught up to "real time", yet.

I've also noticed that alcohol fuels my ego flame, which I have begun to take this out of/limit from my equation. (Ive come to the conclusion that it does nothing of value for me... I act like an ass, and wake up feeling like my own product.. so why do it?)

I'm interested to know what others, on here, feel about my ego...

• Like 1

Ouch, not sure I can relate, but I'll give it a go and I sure hope someone else will jump in if I'm wrong because in no way am I an expert on this subject..

Ego is a false perception of Self.. It is concerned with how the World Perceives it as opposed to what it really is..

Our True Selfs are, real beings that are connected to the world, not seperated from it.

I think your inability to analyse your self or explain youself comes from having an Ego that has overpowered your true self. This would make it seem as though (when trying to self analyse) you are seperated from your self.. (I think this is actually a good thing because your Ego and your True Self are seperated. I've done this before.. Just keep asking yourself these questions about yourself.. Eventually, your Higher Self will rise to the surface and then you can answers..

It's quite empowering to learn about your true self.

Don't rely on other people to define who you are. If you do that, you are owned.. But if you define yourself, no one owns you but your true self.

As much as I want to shake my head and dismiss this idea, it does strike a cord. I want to defend myself somehow, for whatever reason, but then I start to think 'is that my Ego wanting to be defended or...?'

People who predominantly post short, snarky or cute posts usually fall into the same catagory of people that are more interested in provoking responses from the Like Button or promoting false pretenses imo..

Some of these types of response are designed by their Ego to promote the Idea that their responses are autoritive when in reality they are not.. Their inventment in responding to other posts are self serving... Am wondering if many have encountered this kind of response much? And whether ya'll have come to the conclusion that these short self serving posts is BS from BS artists?

Hehe, I am at the forefront of this type of people. I'll agree, many of my short, snark, or cute posts are meant to just be read as that, but when we're overloaded with such news as the possible death toll in Syria being over 60,000, people arguing day in and day out about gun control while no one wants to confront any of the other issues also swarming around it, I just hope this snark, this short witisim sticks with them and cheers them up.

You are much loved...

I'm not surprised you've changed your avatar to something other than your self today...

This imo, is an Ego reaction to learning that people react to and percieve other peoples personality & Ego by Avatar and comments.. Your Ego has felt exposed by this and felt a little threatened.

Am I right?

Actually, lol, I've been waiting for a friend to send me the picture he's picked. I do feel threatened a bit, I'll admit, because I know I come across as cheery, egocentric, and very much centered on me self. I know I can't come in here and say 'well, I'm just a very confused girl about my lot in life because I know my life's not worth two dog turds and a broken button compared to people who have more or less then I do, what makes me special?' What does pretty little Hasina need to worry about? How other's perceive her? Pollocks! She's pretty! Why should she worry, she's nice! She must have it all to be so personable. This is were the self-analyzation stops, whywhywhywhywhy, I will always ask myself. I'm tired of me self, I don't like me, I was a hard ass as a child, a dishonest girl as a teenager, now I spend my days making costumes, adding up numbers, and arguing about things I can't prove because I have my ass glued to a chair.

In conclusion, I hide this all by being the Ego y'all like, because I want y'all to be happy with me, not bored to tears, not thinking 'what a whiner'. I wish to entertain, I wish to make y'all happy, when y'all laugh at my jokes, at the links I provide, it gives me the purpose (porpoise? I did use a fish pun with 'pollocks'...) I enjoy in life, making others happy.

Is it possible the True Self of me is my Ego and vice versa? If so, is it unhelathy, just different, or is it a convenient excuse to put on wigs?

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 2

I found the article I was reminded of before in regards to having a healthy ego, and the differences between "Strong" and "Big" egos.

Our Egos: Do They Need Strengthening--or Shrinking?

In short, what I got from most of this is that having a strong (or healthy) ego has to do with having a genuine strong sense of self, or self worth/esteem. One that can be aware and accepting of personal insecurities without masking them, among other things.

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed reading this. I wish it would go into a little more detail, as far as a "transition" or "intermingling" between the two. The article was a little "black and white".

From my own experience, many of the things from both sides can be applicable to myself, right now. When it comes to certain things, I'm Big ego, while others I'm moreso a Strong ego. To go one step further, I feel I can be "mostly" Strong ego, but have Big ego "setbacks", every now and again.

I feel that my online personality is much different than my "in-person" personality is. I tend to sift ego out of my online personality more than I'm able to in person. Common side-effect is that ego "shines" thru in person because my filter hasn't caught up to "real time", yet.

I've also noticed that alcohol fuels my ego flame, which I have begun to take this out of/limit from my equation. (Ive come to the conclusion that it does nothing of value for me... I act like an ass, and wake up feeling like my own product.. so why do it?)

I'm interested to know what others, on here, feel about my ego...

B Randomly!

115 Posts.. 87 Likes (most of them mine I might add) & DAMMIT!!!!!!! You've pipped me for second place on the Most Liked table!!!

Grrrrrrrrrr!! <_<:angry:

*simulating unhappy ego*

I'm interesting in seeing what other people make of your slimy 2nd place pipping Ego too.

I mean, apart from being a raging alcholic & flat karaoke screamer, I'm sure others here can

pinpoint some aspect of your ego..

• Like 1

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed reading this. I wish it would go into a little more detail, as far as a "transition" or "intermingling" between the two. The article was a little "black and white".

From my own experience, many of the things from both sides can be applicable to myself, right now. When it comes to certain things, I'm Big ego, while others I'm moreso a Strong ego. To go one step further, I feel I can be "mostly" Strong ego, but have Big ego "setbacks", every now and again.

No problem, I felt the same way about it. I think a lot people would intermingle between the two most of the time, myself included.

• Like 1

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres a daily quota for likes!!

That's not Fair.. :angry: Hasina lives in Texas and get's out of bed way earlier than me..

No wonder she's 1st in the most liked scale.. Everyone run's out of likes by the time

the sun rises in New Zealand and I get out of bed.

:lol:

10p8zyu.jpg

Suppose someone where to make a fake account or two and use them from another location and IP address...and give themselves all the likes...

tumblr_m8v40tH1Sp1r9asvpo1_400.jpg

• Like 1

I do feel threatened a bit, I'll admit, because I know I come across as cheery, egocentric, and very much centered on me self. I know I can't come in here and say 'well, I'm just a very confused girl about my lot in life because I know my life's not worth two dog turds and a broken button compared to people who have more or less then I do, what makes me special?' What does pretty little Hasina need to worry about? How other's perceive her? Pollocks! She's pretty! Why should she worry, she's nice! She must have it all to be so personable. This is were the self-analyzation stops, whywhywhywhywhy, I will always ask myself. I'm tired of me self, I don't like me, I was a hard ass as a child, a dishonest girl as a teenager, now I spend my days making costumes, adding up numbers, and arguing about things I can't prove because I have my ass glued to a chair.

In conclusion, I hide this all by being the Ego y'all like, because I want y'all to be happy with me, not bored to tears, not thinking 'what a whiner'. I wish to entertain, I wish to make y'all happy, when y'all laugh at my jokes, at the links I provide, it gives me the purpose (porpoise? I did use a fish pun with 'pollocks'...) I enjoy in life, making others happy.

Is it possible the True Self of me is my Ego and vice versa? If so, is it unhelathy, just different, or is it a convenient excuse to put on wigs?

You're young Hasina (of course you know that...dur) Speaking for most of the people on this forum, you're closer to 'the inner child' than the rest of us are.

Everyone. Do you remember when you were young and you were literally and figuratively 'the center of the world'? Hasina, you're closer to that than almost everyone else here is.

No one will begrudge you, everybody envies your youth and energy however. :)

Your also self effacing, honest and creative. What's not to like?

• Like 1

After the Buzzkill conversation yesterday i have thought more about how others percieve me and the more astute members would have noticed i changed my avatar from Buzzkillington the Third, but still don't have a name which suits me more. So i am (obviously) sticking with the whole Buzzkill theme for now.

I thought the name reflected me quite well as i enjoyed getting into debate by arguing from the unothodox viewpoint (i.e Gaddafi wasn't a bad leader) which most people have an immediate reaction to. This enables me to come back with facts against peoples preconcieved notions, whilst giving my ego a boost for being so clever!

I must say that all this introversion is a tad unsettling.Well at least my ego thinks so, and all this talk about it is getting it worried.

:tsu:

So that's you & Hasina who've made changes to your on-line alter ego's as a result of actually noticeing your Egos!

Awesome!!! Now for the hard question... If you've notice your own Ego (through introspection) then shouldn't you be asking youself, err, okay, that's weird, I've noticed by Ego and but who's doing that noticing?".........."My true self?"

Is there any tried and tested techniques to controlling ego? Should it be controlled? Surely introversion and reflection will just lead to more doubts about how you are percieved and therefore hide your true personality behind the veil of conformity?

Dang, not sure if I am capable of answering this. I know My Ego is fairly strong, and like I said before, I'm no expert beause Ego is something I'm struggling with.. Hope I'm corrected if I'm wrong, but here goes..

Ego is a false center. It is the result of living with others.. It's a need, a social need to be accepted and liked and such.. Society builds your Ego and your ego is strengthened by society and how society reflects back on you.. Ego however is not the real you because Ego is a reflection of society.. Ego needs to be fed and pampered and told that it' fits into society.. It's contionuously seeking attention and it uses the outside world and others to justify it's existence..

Yes. Imo Ego must be understood and controlled. But the first steps in doing that is Introspection and unserstanding your self, your emotions and the essence of the real You. YOU control your Ego.. Don't let others control or manipulate it because as I've proven so far, Ego is pretty damn predictable when you start ot understand it.

There are tried and tested techniques for controlling Ego. Meditation and introspection are key to understanding Ego.. And Ego can be removed altogether.. You can't drop your ego because that what would cause the formation of a suptle ego.. But If you keep asking yourself Who am I, most of the time the answers you give yourself will be your name, what you do, how the world see's and percieves you, and those answers wont be the real you.. But eventually the real your will start to emerge. The more you question yourself, the more you're true self will grow to understanding Ego. Understanding Ego is how you get rid of it..

But here's the killer.. Seeing Ego in others is Easy.. Seeing it in your self a damn sight harder..

Okay, let's stick Mr. Likely Bug under the microscope.

I came from a small loving family with lots of support. Not rich, not poor. In my teens I found out that family wasn't normal. Not even my extended family. On my Mom's side my grandparents physically hugged all their visitors, family as well as strangers. The hugs extended from there to my Dad's family, which were Mennonite's (true story) and it grew from there.

I have a very strong ego.

When it comes to this forum, I'll give anyone's thought the benefit of the doubt. If I'm in a discussion with someone, after I expressed my thoughts, I don't care to carry it on much further than that, because that's what becomes a 'debate', then an 'argument'. I hold no beliefs strongly enough to get into an argument.

Except when it becomes a case of sexism, racism, homophobia or the like. I can't stand that. Why do I care? I don't know. I'm not a female, a visible minority or homo/bi/trans sexual. But someone criticising what another does legally in those regards, makes my blood boil. (Why not same sex marriage? ...and don't give me 'the Bible says', that's a 2,000 year old, out dated argument... I'm sorry, I digress. :)

I am quietly critical. Introspective. More willing to bend, than break. More than willing to help those that try, than those that don't. Until, someone hit's bottom, then I feel obligated to help.

Did I mention that I get an inordinate number of visitors? 2-3 in the winter time each day, 5 to 6 in the summer?

• Like 1

As much as I want to shake my head and dismiss this idea, it does strike a cord. I want to defend myself somehow, for whatever reason, but then I start to think 'is that my Ego wanting to be defended or...?'

Hehe, I am at the forefront of this type of people. I'll agree, many of my short, snark, or cute posts are meant to just be read as that, but when we're overloaded with such news as the possible death toll in Syria being over 60,000, people arguing day in and day out about gun control while no one wants to confront any of the other issues also swarming around it, I just hope this snark, this short witisim sticks with them and cheers them up.

Actually, lol, I've been waiting for a friend to send me the picture he's picked. I do feel threatened a bit, I'll admit, because I know I come across as cheery, egocentric, and very much centered on me self. I know I can't come in here and say 'well, I'm just a very confused girl about my lot in life because I know my life's not worth two dog turds and a broken button compared to people who have more or less then I do, what makes me special?' What does pretty little Hasina need to worry about? How other's perceive her? Pollocks! She's pretty! Why should she worry, she's nice! She must have it all to be so personable. This is were the self-analyzation stops, whywhywhywhywhy, I will always ask myself. I'm tired of me self, I don't like me, I was a hard ass as a child, a dishonest girl as a teenager, now I spend my days making costumes, adding up numbers, and arguing about things I can't prove because I have my ass glued to a chair.

Awesome stuff! :tsu:

Ego is a false center. It's not the real you..

Understanding it is key and what you've written here tells me that you're quite adept at self analysis and have a damn good head on your shoulders.. You are asking the right questions which is excellent.. And I think you are comming to realise that these questions can't be answered by anyone other than your self..

This is were the self-analyzation stops, whywhywhywhywhy, I will always ask myself. I'm tired of me self, I don't like me, I was a hard ass as a child, a dishonest girl as a teenager, now I spend my days making costumes, adding up numbers, and arguing about things I can't prove because I have my ass glued to a chair.

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! piece of self analysis here! But here is some advice that I hope will help..

1. What anyone outside of you percieves about you doesn't matter..
  2. Keep asking your self questions.. But Learn how to listen for an answer though Meditation.. (takes patience, I'm not that good at it but know others here are..)

Edited to add: Ego is created by pressure from the outside world.. If you want to remove and control your ego, understand it from within.. But don't feel pressured to do anything if you don't want to.. Personally I like your ego the way it is, but what I or anyone else thinks means nothing.. You own it..

Edited by Professor T

Kanye West refers to his penis as his ego. Relevant?

Ego is good (not referring to penis there). It's healthy to think highly of yourself. Also important to be happy with yourself.

• Like 1

Kanye West refers to his penis as his ego. Relevant?

Ego is good (not referring to penis there). It's healthy to think highly of yourself. Also important to be happy with yourself.

1st point: No. Kanye West, is Kanye West. Unless, unbeknowst to me, he's been raised to the level of one of the great thinkers of the last decade.

2nd point: Yes. A healthy ego, is a strong ego. :)

Suppose someone where to make a fake account or two and use them from another location and IP address...and give themselves all the likes...

tumblr_m8v40tH1Sp1r9asvpo1_400.jpg

Sean93..

A cynical and sceptical post.

Someone who finds it difficult to place his trust in others..

12th on the most likes standings with 307 posts & 107 likes..

Sean93..

A cynical and sceptical post.

Someone who finds it difficult to place his trust in others..

12th on the most likes standings with 307 posts & 107 likes..

Wait...did you just invade my ego?

Do you mean that specific post is Cynical and Skeptical or did you mean that I am that kind of 'Poster'?

Edited by Sean93
  • Like 1

Wait...did you just invade my ego?

Do you mean that specific post is Cynical and Skeptical or did you mean that I am that kind of 'Poster'?

That's what I read from your post & as a result was the impression I got about you.

The intention or feel behind the post you made was Cynical and Skeptical in nature.

Was I right?

Want to see if you can pick apart Timonthy's on-line alter-Ego?

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1