Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I god?

Koreyomg

Hello Koreyomg,

Yes, we are god, with a lower-case g, but it still sounds a bit pretentious to announce yourself as "god." It's simply not done in polite society, fortunately. I prefer "presence" or soul or spirit. When one is centered one can actually feel one's "presence." It is a very delicious state. To be a God, that singular reality with a capital G, is something else, however. It's not attainable on earth. You have to physically die...and then some.

While on earth, "presence" (with the chakras unblocked and kundalini flowing) is very important. A person really has to experience it...on a constant basis, preferably, but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way for most of us. Saints? Some people say that they "flow" all the time. There are those who have the gift of seeing and hearing the kundalini's flow.

It is important because it is our natural state of being. It's so nourishing. Loving. Comforting. Healing. Guiding. Empowering. Who doesn't want the benefits??

Peace.

Paul

• Like 1

Hello Koreyomg,

Yes, we are god, with a lower-case g, but it still sounds a bit pretentious to announce yourself as "god." It's simply not done in polite society, fortunately. I prefer "presence" or soul or spirit. When one is centered one can actually feel one's "presence." It is a very delicious state. To be a God, that singular reality with a capital G, is something else, however. It's not attainable on earth. You have to physically die...and then some.

While on earth, "presence" (with the chakras unblocked and kundalini flowing) is very important. A person really has to experience it...on a constant basis, preferably, but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way for most of us. Saints? Some people say that they "flow" all the time. There are those who have the gift of seeing and hearing the kundalini's flow.

It is important because it is our natural state of being. It's so nourishing. Loving. Comforting. Healing. Guiding. Empowering. Who doesn't want the benefits??

Peace.

Paul

Well put, Yes I understand what you mean with the G. As I say in most of my replies I do not mean to look down on any religions or beliefs. thanks for the reply =]

"I am" is what we would say once we are free from karma and fully enlightened. A pure blissful being would say simply "I am". They are nothing but that.

I am sure you understand but I wanted to detail it for others to read if they didn't. :)

Therefore: I Am = Enlightened and I Am + Definition = Ego. :yes:

• Like 2

While he himself doesn't actually says hey "I believe_____" in the book he does talk a lot about the beliefs of cultures that he grew up with. While reading it I interpreted his stance as the same. That he understands that the god is within.

I didn't feel like typing it out from the book but I did find it online, read a bit before this quote if you don't mind..

books.google.com/books?id=r4N5yTJAYu0C&pg=PA31&dq=To+say+%22I+am+God%22+comes+naturally+with+atman.+It&hl=en&sa=X&ei=AynpUNy-D4Xq0QHaz4HQDA&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA

Thanks for sharing that. I love reading Deepak Chopra.

I would guess that the vast majority of humans believe deeply that their awareness is THEIR awareness and that it lives on as Awareness after they die. I do not agree with that assumption. We like to say things like, I'll be waiting for you by the big rock at the river...but...is that really the way death works? What of the Awareness of the Tree that is uprooted and then burned? Doe the Tree still exist as Awareness...or has the Awareness of the Tree changed into something else? I would say it has changed into something else...but the Energy that is the Tree...the Energy that is the Heat...The Energy that is the Wind...never changes...it is constant...it is infinite...it is altogether lovely. And the last thing I would like to say about I am God...is the equation I just posted...while on some level of understanding one knows that everything comes from God (Energy) and that everything is God...but to say; I am God....reveals something else...ego. Because: I Am + any definition = Ego. Again, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Nearly right.

While pantheism says god is everything there are no seperate objects which exist. Everything is one. This is possible because reality is just a collection of perceptions it isnt objectively real.

So in effect the only thing that exists is your mind and this is what God is.

I don't see it that way. I am a part of the Universe (god), like a cell in my butt hole is a part of me, it does not generate from my mind. I am evolution of the Universe to perceive itself. All life is a part of that perception and it all sees it in a different way.

Does that really include everything? Does it include the waste that comes out of you when you sit on the toilet to relieve yourself?

Sure, of course it is and when it returns to the earth it recycles back into food and you eat it again. ;)

Yes, and No. The bible (the canon) reports in it is written, 'know that ye are gods'. SO for those saying how ridiculous it is to believe you might be one, well, read your own bible, then make comments based on knowledge, not opinion or assumptions.

For those who are in the beliefs of nature and all is one like Budhist, children of the sun, celtics... etc, We are gods to ourselves, because god as an entity does not exist. Only the energy of life abounds and gives life and all that it contains. Which is a wonderful thing for sure.

For those of athiest beliefs, remember cause and consequences, we are our own guide in our own destiny. Therefor, not a 'god' per se' but close enough to be considered in the running of our own 'god'.

I agree mostly. However there are still some scientists who still suggest time doesn't exist. I personally believe it does, for what would be the purpose in anything if it didn't? (at least that's how I see it. Anyway, scientists have discussed ways to challenge this theory concerning the measurement of photons in different areas of the universe, however such experiments cannot currently be performed with our current technology though.

Time doesnt exist hahaha thats rediculious, If time didnt exist then no star would ever burn out, they would just sit in space and shine for all of eternity. Time definately exists

Thanks for sharing that. I love reading Deepak Chopra.

I would guess that the vast majority of humans believe deeply that their awareness is THEIR awareness and that it lives on as Awareness after they die. I do not agree with that assumption. We like to say things like, I'll be waiting for you by the big rock at the river...but...is that really the way death works? What of the Awareness of the Tree that is uprooted and then burned? Doe the Tree still exist as Awareness...or has the Awareness of the Tree changed into something else? I would say it has changed into something else...but the Energy that is the Tree...the Energy that is the Heat...The Energy that is the Wind...never changes...it is constant...it is infinite...it is altogether lovely. And the last thing I would like to say about I am God...is the equation I just posted...while on some level of understanding one knows that everything comes from God (Energy) and that everything is God...but to say; I am God....reveals something else...ego. Because: I Am + any definition = Ego. Again, thanks for sharing.

I highly doubt that anything is left after you die, or else someone would have come back and told us. Dead is Dead, the energy you once had is gone

I highly doubt that anything is left after you die, or else someone would have come back and told us. Dead is Dead, the energy you once had is gone

The Energy that was You is not gone...it is just transformed because Energy cannot be created or destroyed.

What I am talking about is the Awareness. Your awareness is also energy. Dead is Dead isn't really defining much because Death cannot exist without Life and Life cannot exist without Death...so, they exist within the grasp of each other. I know what you mean...when something is dead it is dead and the life is gone. But, can we define life? Is it the blood flowing and cells growing? or Is it the Awareness? or Is the Awareness merely a coincidental extension of Life? The only real answer is that Energy manifests as Life, manifests as Death, manifests as Awareness. What happens after the physical body dies is unknown. But we do know one thing and that is that the Energy of the Awareness is still Energy.

The rest of the truth is..it remains a mystery to all. It is just something that one cannot really grasp. And yet, when you boil it all down, there it is. Energy. I call it Infinite Energy. But whatever it is called...it is. Moses said the Burning Bush called it I AM.

The log burns and its energy becomes heat which becomes wind...and then... the heat is gone, and the wind is gone...and all that is left is ash. Where did all the energy go? We know it didn't end. The heat was transformed into wind. The wind was transformed into a leaf blowing. The leaf fell into a pond and deteriorated into the water and became sediment..from which a bog plant grew and the leaf became food for the bog plant...which grew and produced an environment for a butterfly to lay eggs...and on and on and on. I am just in awe of it all.

I'm with you. All I can do is witness, and stand in awe of it. But to explain it, or understand it? Not even close. And these days I'm not even trying, as I suspect everything I thought I knew or perceived about it was a result of what I expected to see or a result of my limited understanding. So now I watch and stay still, like the center of a turning wheel, and wait to see if a turn of the wheel might reveal something to me or bring something into my life that I couldn't have imagined. Gad, my preconceptions have been so hard to identify; I'm thinking if I can eliminate some of those, that maybe I can see what's actually there. Does that make any sense? This kind of passivity is not my normal operating state, but right now it feels right.

• Like 1

I'm with you. All I can do is witness, and stand in awe of it. But to explain it, or understand it? Not even close. And these days I'm not even trying, as I suspect everything I thought I knew or perceived about it was a result of what I expected to see or a result of my limited understanding. So now I watch and stay still, like the center of a turning wheel, and wait to see if a turn of the wheel might reveal something to me or bring something into my life that I couldn't have imagined. Gad, my preconceptions have been so hard to identify; I'm thinking if I can eliminate some of those, that maybe I can see what's actually there. Does that make any sense? This kind of passivity is not my normal operating state, but right now it feels right.

It makes total sense to me Beany. I had a book once by Deepak Chopra but gave it to someone as a present...but I read it first. And he talked about an infinite Pool of Potential...and that out of that Pool of Potential rose all that is. I like what you said about laying still and watching. It came to me once upon a time that most of my preconceptions had been prescribed to me from birth. Identifying them wasn't and isn't easy...but I think in the laying still and watching comes a peace that overrides all the preconceptions.

The Energy that was You is not gone...it is just transformed because Energy cannot be created or destroyed.

What I am talking about is the Awareness. Your awareness is also energy. Dead is Dead isn't really defining much because Death cannot exist without Life and Life cannot exist without Death...so, they exist within the grasp of each other. I know what you mean...when something is dead it is dead and the life is gone. But, can we define life? Is it the blood flowing and cells growing? or Is it the Awareness? or Is the Awareness merely a coincidental extension of Life? The only real answer is that Energy manifests as Life, manifests as Death, manifests as Awareness. What happens after the physical body dies is unknown. But we do know one thing and that is that the Energy of the Awareness is still Energy.

Yeah because the universe doesnt waste anything, your body eventually decomposes, and bugs eat away at it, I thought you were referring to an afterlife type of thing, Which I dont believe happens.

Time doesnt exist hahaha thats rediculious, If time didnt exist then no star would ever burn out, they would just sit in space and shine for all of eternity. Time definately exists

Time is transparent. It is not a physical thing we should measure. Yes it does exist by the process of aging. But Time is manipulated by forces like gravity and in a dense place like a black hole does not exist period.

That is a bit nieve. There have been consistant NDE's or Near Death Experiences, the scientific term, that have been documented. Most of which occured after the patients brain stopped functioning. I personally had my own near death experience 2 years ago which is about the same time that I started waking up or becoming conscious.

Here is a detailed link that describes one of the more profound and famous NDE's from Mellen-Thomas Benedict, I highly suggest you read it to get more perspective on the subject

http://www.near-deat...arnation04.html

Edited by Koreyomg

I believe there is an afterlife, didn't use to, but after seeing a ghost it changed my mind.

Yeah because the universe doesnt waste anything, your body eventually decomposes, and bugs eat away at it, I thought you were referring to an afterlife type of thing, Which I dont believe happens.

I do not claim to know anything about death. My beliefs nor your beliefs change the truth that is. It isn't so much that the Universe doesn't waste anything...it is more that the Universe is Energy, manifested in an infinite number of forms. The Energy is constant...the material form in which it manifests changes constantly.

I believe there is an afterlife, didn't use to, but after seeing a ghost it changed my mind.

I'm curious about your story...would you care to elaborate. You can pm me if you don't feel like posting it here.

Time is transparent. It is not a physical thing we should measure. Yes it does exist by the process of aging. But Time is manipulated by forces like gravity and in a dense place like a black hole does not exist period.

That is a bit nieve. There have been consistant NDE's or Near Death Experiences, the scientific term, that have been documented. Most of which occured after the patients brain stopped functioning. I personally had my own near death experience 2 years ago which is about the same time that I started waking up or becoming conscious.

Here is a detailed link that describes one of the more profound and famous NDE's from Mellen-Thomas Benedict, I highly suggest you read it to get more perspective on the subject

I have had this conversation before with others. The bottom line is...you are still alive. Nothing that you experienced can be proven to exist. Your awareness is still part of a life form. Once your life form is 'dead' in the ground dead, it may well be that what you experienced in your NDE is exactly what you will experience then as well. All I am saying is that I don't know, can't know, won't know until my body is a corpse.

This topic reminds me of The Myth of Sisyphus..

In one such chapter Camus analyzes Dostoevsky's work The Possessed.

One such character, Kirilov, commits suicide as he deems life can only be worth living if God exists. Simultaneously, he does not believe that God exists, and thus kills himself out of revolt. Camus reasons Kirilov did not kill himself out of despair, but out of the hope to "become God."

"If there is no God, Kirilov is God."

This reflects on how unsure people continue to live based on hope - and that he wished to die with freedom to show the freedom all people have.

It's a strange train of thought, but it's a thought provoking one.

• Like 1

I'm just happy to be human here on this planet right now. Once I'm done exploring this, then maybe I'll have time to contemplate whether I'm god or not. Frankly, I don't think i want the responsibility, but I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people willing to tackle that.

• Like 2

You know, theres an old saying... Believe that your god.. An you will begin to suffer. Cursed, I believe in free will and free spirit. As is the law of god.. An they tell a background story behind that too.. I also believe in intuitive human behaivor.. God cannot be killed me ones Sin.. Is it because of truths... Or is it because of the YING an Yang of things..

Truths are withheld in the mind.

Edited by KainFall

This topic reminds me of The Myth of Sisyphus..

In one such chapter Camus analyzes Dostoevsky's work The Possessed.

One such character, Kirilov, commits suicide as he deems life can only be worth living if God exists. Simultaneously, he does not believe that God exists, and thus kills himself out of revolt. Camus reasons Kirilov did not kill himself out of despair, but out of the hope to "become God."

"If there is no God, Kirilov is God."

This reflects on how unsure people continue to live based on hope - and that he wished to die with freedom to show the freedom all people have.

It's a strange train of thought, but it's a thought provoking one.

Though Camus has missed an important point. Kirilov was looking for an excuse for suicide. He was outwardly saying that he is god because he can take life, his own, but it was a pathetic excuse. Perhaps also a lack of full understanding by renaming this book as The Possessed. Demons is better, even in English I think, as it implies the reality of actual demons. This is close to my heart.....

Though Camus has missed an important point. Kirilov was looking for an excuse for suicide. He was outwardly saying that he is god because he can take life, his own, but it was a pathetic excuse. Perhaps also a lack of full understanding by renaming this book as The Possessed. Demons is better, even in English I think, as it implies the reality of actual demons. This is close to my heart.....

Hmmm. That is true.. Camus focused more on the absurd where as Dostoevsky was a little more existentialist..

In a way, Camus perspective on God, in my opinion, can be reflected through the POV of Dr. Bernard Rieux from The Plague.

I agree. Without intent of disrespect I do feel as though most are taught to remain ignorant to philosophy and trust their religious teachings. Which in my open leaves them to drop their "sins" on a trustworthy savior and god rather than dealing with the karma themselves.

I agree we 'have been' taught to remain ignorant of philosophy and trust in religious teachings but I also feel this is changing now, in some places more rapidly than others..... Including this website, but 'dropping sins' on a savior - I understand you are referring to the Christian thought thought that Jesus died for our sins and now we are saved... This does not make a person unaccountable for their Karma, because within the teaching they are to repent and in their heart undergo a spiritual change, this is the Karmic work that also goes forward... there may be freedom in Christ, but that is not the same as being exused or having leniency on spiritual responsibility.... Quite the opposite

• Like 1

So then do you believe theres an afterlife for everyone, because Iv been near death in the hospital a couple of times and I didnt see ANY of those types of things that are in the link you posted, I may have been speaking from past experiances that Iv had, I didnt mean to sound like im just writing it off as there is no afterlife, and Im sorry about that

So then do you believe theres an afterlife for everyone, because Iv been near death in the hospital a couple of times and I didnt see ANY of those types of things that are in the link you posted, I may have been speaking from past experiances that Iv had, I didnt mean to sound like im just writing it off as there is no afterlife, and Im sorry about that

I do yes, and out of the studies they found that about 20% had one. I believe that when you die you fall into the afterlife your sub-conscious believes in. Because in the afterlife we can be fully aware and the possibilities are limitless, but if you are taught to believe in heaven when you die you will go there. That is why you never hear of a muslin having a NDE with a christian view of heaven. It is all relative to the individual. And if you are not aware enough to it you won't even realize. They say a skeptic will not even be aware that they are on an astral plane because they are not open to it.

I do yes, and out of the studies they found that about 20% had one. I believe that when you die you fall into the afterlife your sub-conscious believes in. Because in the afterlife we can be fully aware and the possibilities are limitless, but if you are taught to believe in heaven when you die you will go there. That is why you never hear of a muslin having a NDE with a christian view of heaven. It is all relative to the individual. And if you are not aware enough to it you won't even realize. They say a skeptic will not even be aware that they are on an astral plane because they are not open to it.

I can understand that but I wonder why nothing happened for me, I mean Im not a skeptic, I believe there are things that cant be seen with the naked eye and that there are higher dimensions.