Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'

Still Waters

who cares, ppl did die from it, accedent or not makes no difference.

It makes a world of difference. One is unintentional. the other is not.

., so you saying getting killed by drunk driver is somehow ok, but getting shot isn't???

but hey when you level law abiding gun owner and child molester, i really don't care of your opinion, and I'm sure I'm not at all alone at that.

• Like 2

More Truth

Yes, and if the laws were similar to Canadas, that gun would not have been in the car for him to steal...

Also, why was the gun in the trunk in the first place? Did she feel that she needs to drive around with it for safety? She thought that hey, if someone robs her, she'll run to her car, pull out the gun and shoot the guy?

Edited by Stellar

I am just stating The Columbine Massacre happened during the assault weapons ban from 1994-2004.

Would a ban now really be a good "solution?" Maybe. Maybe not. WILL BANNING GUNS STOP HOMICIDES? STATS From England and Australia show...

I believe the government, if they do anything, needs to show more support and initiative into educating the mentally ill. All of the mass shootings that have happened lately have been conceived and perpetuated by the mentally ill. Newtown Shooting Prompts Calls for the Mental Health Reform.

I also believe we should prosecute the politicians who swore to preserve, protect, and defend The Constitution.

This is what I believe, followed up by facts. I am an avid gun owner.

Please read the links before trying to respond.

• Like 1

"I believe the government, if they do anything, needs to show more support and initiative into educating the mentally ill. All of the mass shootings that have happened lately have been conceived and perpetuated by the mentally ill. Newtown Shooting Prompts Calls for the Mental Health Reform."

While I agree with this... it's a slippery slope given the fact that over half the western world population is deemed mentally ill due to GOV prescribed drugs.

Edited by acidhead

So then if a drunk driver kills one of your family you won't be as emotional about it even if the driver did it unintentional.

"I believe the government, if they do anything, needs to show more support and initiative into educating the mentally ill. All of the mass shootings that have happened lately have been conceived and perpetuated by the mentally ill. Newtown Shooting Prompts Calls for the Mental Health Reform."

While I agree with this... it's a slippery slope given the fact that over half the western world population is deemed mentally ill due to GOV prescribed drugs.

I agree with your point, acidhead.

Once we start punishing the mentally ill it won't be long until we're all deemed "mentally ill" and debarred of the use of guns.

What a clever mechanism.

I agree with your point, acidhead.

Once we start punishing the mentally ill it won't be long until we're all deemed "mentally ill" and debarred of the use of guns.

What a clever mechanism.

So why don't we pass out a box of Tommy guns at the next asylum?

So why don't we pass out a box of Tommy guns at the next asylum?

I want you to know I just facepalmed really hard.

I want you to know I just facepalmed really hard.

you should.

According to VP Biden, Obama will use Executive Orders to implement new and sweeping changes to gun laws. I believe Obama will limit magazine size for all weapons. This will be his first test to see if it will hold up constitutionally...if it survives the supreme court, Obama will soon have all guns banned.

According to VP Biden, Obama will use Executive Orders to implement new and sweeping changes to gun laws. I believe Obama will limit magazine size for all weapons. This will be his first test to see if it will hold up constitutionally...if it survives the supreme court, Obama will soon have all guns banned.

I thought it was an "Executive Action"? Not an "Executive Order", same? Similar?

this is what i read in todas paper, ny gvrn cuomo proposes changes to ny gun laws. now all it takes a shrink to say he isn't sure you can be trusted with a gun, (and they will say it, every time, cuz if they clear you and you shoot someone they will be responsible, i guarantee you 200% they will not want to take that responsibility), for gvmnt to come bust your door with swat team and take your guns away,

if anyone is still under impression gvnt don't want to take your guns away, they are very stupid .gvmt openly says it.

well, time for a check to be sent to nra ila.

post-45398-0-11932100-1357830029_thumb.j

this is what i read in todas paper, ny gvrn cuomo proposes changes to ny gun laws. now all it takes a shrink to say he isn't sure you can be trusted with a gun, (and they will say it, every time, cuz if they clear you and you shoot someone they will be responsible, i guarantee you 200% they will not want to take that responsibility), for gvmnt to come bust your door with swat team and take your guns away,

if anyone is still under impression gvnt don't want to take your guns away, they are very stupid .gvmt openly says it.

well, time for a check to be sent to nra ila.

Now quite what your article says. It states that health professionals should have a way to report when a client is likely to use their gun.

It's always been that way. If a mental health professional thinks that an individual is a danger to themselves or others they can report it now. Just not required everywhere (it is my state I believe). The Aurora shooter was reported.

It doesn't say that everyone who has guns will be required to have mental health screenings or anything like that. Basically, it's Cuomo not understanding current laws or asking for better definitions.

I think that a medical or mental health professional should be required to report threats that they think might be valid. I believe the issue now is the guidelines on when to report aren't clear.

If I saw my neighbor outside with his gun behaving oddly I would call the police. Why shouldn't professionals be required to do the same?

You're misrepresenting the article.

Can you tell me where the image you have came from? What magazine?

Nibs

Nibs

noi i,m not you're in denial, have a nice day.

metro new york, jan10th. edition.

Edited by aztek

You see, what we really need is a gun that shoots bees, look out allergy sufferers!

didn't they have one of those in the original half life?

Now quite what your article says. It states that health professionals should have a way to report when a client is likely to use their gun.

It's always been that way. If a mental health professional thinks that an individual is a danger to themselves or others they can report it now. Just not required everywhere (it is my state I believe). The Aurora shooter was reported.

It doesn't say that everyone who has guns will be required to have mental health screenings or anything like that. Basically, it's Cuomo not understanding current laws or asking for better definitions.

If I saw my neighbor outside with his gun behaving oddly I would call the police. Why shouldn't professionals be required to do the same?

Can you tell me where the image you have came from? What magazine?

Nibs

yea, they are likely to report, so cops can bust your doors and take your guns, it also in the article, how did you miss that? selective reading??

the difference betwen you and the shrink, is huge, you can report your neigbour all you want, cops will go investigate, and see if your claim legit, you didn't really think cops will do what you tell them, right???

if shrink does it they come, bust your door and take your guns. period.

of course cuomo not understanding current laws but you sure do, lmao, do you know how childish it sounds???

why would anyone take you seriously after that???

Edited by aztek

yea, they are likely to report, so cops can bust your doors and take your guns, it also in the article, how did you miss that? selective reading??

the difference betwen you and the shrink, is huge, you can report your neigbour all you want, cops will go investigate, and see if your claim legit, you didn't really think cops will do what you tell them, right???

if shrink does it they come, bust your door and take your guns. period.

of course cuomo not understanding current laws but you sure do, lmao, do you know how childish it sounds???

why would anyone take you seriously after that???

You do realize that the image you posted isn't the full article right?

Maybe you could provide the full article?

From what I read, your summary is incorrect.

Nibs

Oh, and regarding Obama signing that stuff about the Secret Service? Yeah, all presidents and their wives have Secret Service protection all their lives. Again, fear mongering and stretching the truth.

Nibs

looking at the current generation, and others as well, i'd say we need to encourage abortions, and pbly give money for it, will be a lot cheaper in a long run

Edited by aztek