Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'

Still Waters

Of course I would use a gun to defend myself if I had one. I still believe that more strict gun control would mean I'm less likely to have to use it though.

And I would rather no one be attacked by a crazed man, and no one have to kill to defend themselves.

But I would rather have more people in our society, citizens, who are responsible gun owners who aren't afraid to protect themselves.

• Like 1

Do things every day to secure our Freedom !!

And I would rather no one be attacked by a crazed man, and no one have to kill to defend themselves.

But I would rather have more people in our society, citizens, who are responsible gun owners who aren't afraid to protect themselves.

I just downloaded an application for an Alabama pistol permit. We are required to have a CC permit even to have them in our cars apparently. In Mississippi the car was considered an "extension of home" and no permit was required unless it was actually to carry the pistol on your person. I doubt that I will regularly carry a weapon but I want to be sure I'm legal if I decide to. It's a big responsibility.
  • Like 1

Just read about another school shooting

California sheriff: Youth who shot classmate felt he'd been bullied

(CNN) -- A 16-year-old student who blasted a California high school classroom with a shotgun Thursday was targeting two classmates because he felt he'd been bullied, the local sheriff said Thursday night.

http://edition.cnn.c...ting/index.html

How many more will follow?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

why should usa adopt anyones laws and culture???? we are nothing like them.

Indeed you aren't. If you were, you wouldn't have to worry about having to have a gun to protect yourself.

well now you'll get stabbed instead of shot, excelent choice, lol.

Well, first of all --- no.

Second o all, are you actually telling me that a knife is at best no less harmful than a gun? IF I had to chose between someone attacking me with a gun and someone attacking me with a knife, Id chose the knife. Wouldn't you?

see the thin,g is we americans prefer NOT to get robbed or shot or be victim of any crime, and we prefer to be able to protect ourself from it.. but i see you are alien to that consept. be safe outthere,

And you think the rest of us do want to be victims of crime?

And you think the rest of us do want to be victims of crime?

yea, seeing how you don't even consider protecting yourself, and rather depend on someone else, i'd say you asking for it.

yea, seeing how you don't even consider protecting yourself, and rather depend on someone else, i'd say you asking for it.

I don't consider protecting myself with any weapon.. I don't feel I need to.. I cannot speak for Stellar, he could be from a similar country as myself, where we don't have guns

• Like 1

I don't consider protecting myself with any weapon.. I don't feel I need to.. I cannot speak for Stellar, he could be from a similar country as myself, where we don't have guns

Same here. I don't hunt or have much interest shooting so don't see much reason to own a gun. I could easily get one and perhaps will one day just for collection (really want a Baker Rifle). But for protection? Don't see the need. I feel just as safe now as I would with a gun and I live near some apartments that are well known to police. Plus I can always fall back on my sword. :P

• Like 1

Aztek, in my world, preventing an intruder from having a gun is more protection than arming everyone.

I feel just as safe now as I would with a gun and I live near some apartments that are well known to police. Plus I can always fall back on my sword.

You don't happen to live in Vanier, do you :P

which is fine, untill you\he tells ameicans how we should act and live basing their opinion on how it is in THEIR country.

the thing is, you never know when you need to. even in your safe country crime happens.

Aztek, in my world, preventing an intruder from having a gun is more protection than arming everyone.

yet even in your country gun crimes does happen, so you can't prevent them from having gun, your illusion again. not to mention he doesn't have to have a gun, it wont be any easier for you if he comes with samurai sword. i can guarrantee you will be just as dead from sword as from a gun. and it will be quiet, your neighbors will not hear gunshots, they wont call 911 or whtever number you have there.

Edited by aztek

which is fine, untill you\he tells ameicans how we should act and live basing their opinion on how it is in THEIR country.

And youre free to ignore what I'm saying.

Some americans feel that something needs to be done. We're offering suggestions. Just because *you* don't like them doesn't mean we should stop.

the thing is, you never know when you need to. even in your safe country crime happens.

And the thing is, if the criminal is less likely to have a gun, I'm also less likely to require one.

I am in agreement. Let's get rid of this mood-altering psychiatric meds!! Just end them!!

And youre free to ignore what I'm saying.

Some americans feel that something needs to be done. We're offering suggestions. Just because *you* don't like them doesn't mean we should stop.

And the thing is, if the criminal is less likely to have a gun, I'm also less likely to require one.

hey fast and furious. Criminals will always have guns because governments will give them guns.

yet even in your country gun crimes does happen, so you can't prevent them from having gun, your illusion again.

Prevent completely? No. Prevent some? Yes.

not to mention he doesn't have to have a gun, it wont be any easier for you if he comes with samurai sword. i can garrantee you wil be just as dead from sword as from a gun.

Yes it will of course be easier for me if he comes at me with a samurai sword, are you kidding me? There's a reason wars are fought with guns and not swords these days, because guns are easier to kill people with.

I can assure you that if someone wants to rob my house with a samurai sword, they're probably not out to kill me as well. If they try to rob me with a gun and they see that I have one, then they're likely to start using their weapon.

yep, it only takes once, less likely does not mean wont happen.

Prevent completely? No. Prevent some? Yes.

Yes it will of course be easier for me if he comes at me with a samurai sword, are you kidding me?

i'm serious actually, talk to any law enforcment about edged weapons and 21 feet, they will tell you how wrong you are, i could too, but it is better you hear it from someone you see in person.

If they try to rob me with a gun and they see that I have one, then they're likely to start using their weapon.

And if you don't have one?

And if you don't have one?

You give them your wallet and you will stay alive.

You give them your wallet and you will stay alive.

Right. You know if they can get away with one thing, they'll push the envelope. Got any women with you in there?

Right. You know if they can get away with one thing, they'll push the envelope. Got any women with you in there?

The guy who wants my wallet wants my wallet. And even if I have a gun on me at the time I will give him my wallet.

The guy who wants my wallet wants my wallet. And even if I have a gun on me at the time I will give him my wallet.

You don't know what he wants until he's done with you and anyone else that's in your house.

You don't know what he wants until he's done with you and anyone else that's in your house.

See, I don't know why most of you think that all criminals are some kind of Psychos, those guys want to gain something. Stealing gains them something and the cops will not even care to recover some wallet. Killing somebody gains them life in the Penn.

It is more dangerous to run around on a normal day on a high traffic street then getting held up. And money is surely no reason to start shooting... at least not in my book.

lol, why not rob this dude everyday than, he just gives up his stuff, money cow. lol.

which is fine, untill you\he tells ameicans how we should act

Let me tell you something.. No one is saying to anyone how to act or live.. What I can see is people sharing their opinions and YES pointing out how it is in their country.. If you don't like it so be it.. The opinions will roll regardless how you feel... In case it has escaped your notice, this is an open forum filled with people from all over the planet, you WILL get those same opinions from a broader scale like it or not..

It's OK to say - Yea sure all arm yourselves.. But not OK for people to say - Ban the guns, because we don't have them? Catch yourself on..

lol, why not rob this dude everyday than, he just gives up his stuff, money cow. lol.

Everyday than?? What do you mean..?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

i'm serious actually, talk to any law enforcment about edged weapons and 21 feet, they will tell you how wrong you are, i could too, but it is better you hear it from someone you see in person.

Are you for real? Ask the same law enforcement whether they'd prefer to take on a guy with a samurai sword or a guy with a gun.