Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Space station UFO sightings on the rise

Saru

An increasing number of videos and stills showing unknown objects around the ISS have appeared on-line.

As 2012 ended and 2013 began, numerous UFOs were reported around the country -- nothing earthshattering there -- but what about alleged unidentified objects seen in space near the International Space Station (or ISS), a couple of hundred miles above Earth?

arrow3.gifRead more...

"There are aliens living among us." President Putin

I must admit i only watched this with one eye, the other one is watching football (not the american kind, but real football! :yes::D ), but as far as i noticed, none of them made any turns, did they? So could just be debris. Even if it looks like its far away, and close to earth, because thats not easy to tell, when its just white dots moving around.

I'm not yet completely sold that these UFO's people keep seeing on film are alien, and I believe it is more than possible that what we are witnessing are top secret craft being tested by various governments. I myself witnessed a UFO in Nov 2012 near Houston TX, and was not able to take any photos or video evidence but I gave a very descriptive account of what I witnessed on this forum. It's a shame that I wasn't able to take a photo as "conclusive proof" because I feel no body believes you unless you are able to provide visual evidence, and even then there are skeptics.

Now, do I believe it to be possible that Earth is being "visited" by alien beings? I believe in the existence of life in the Universe outside of planet Earth, and can think of no reason why a more advanced civilization than our own hasn't developed technology to travel great distances or is not capable of "blending in" to our own planet as co-habitators without attracting too much attention. I have no proof only that I find it arrogant to believe the obstacles that stand before modern civilazation today are too great for a more advanced future culture, including our own.

• Like 1

Space debris always crops up . Seems like its an answer to everything . Can someone explain what Space Debris is and is it unavoidable ?

Debris coming from space and entering Earth's atmosphere make sense, but debris appearing to leave Earth's atmosphere and travel out in to space not so much.

Edited by Rhinopolis
  • Like 1

Debris coming from space and entering Earth's atmosphere make sense, but debris appearing to leave Earth's atmosphere and travel out in to space not so much.

Yeah, those clips on the film are interesting, to be sure.

something interesting I've noticed is that ufo phenomena in general is on the rise. might be different for your areas, not quite sure, my research was conducted on my little slice of the world, but between the years of 2011 and 2012, ufo sightings have rose dramatically.

I still see things on really clear nights here in Texas from time to time,that defy all accounts of reason and analysis . They all cant be from here ! But WHere ? Who knows.

• Like 1

Some of that stuff is debris, you can tell, and space debris is just that, bits and pieces left out in space. We are polluting our own atmosphere much the same way we are our planet and apparently there is over 1 million bits and pieces of spacecraft floating around in orbit, much of it less than a penny in size. Things like booster rocket fragments, pieces and fragments from old satellites hit by meteorites, etc. Even heat shield tiles are floating about and that is just what we know off. Some of the clips are clear they are pieces of things that are small and rotating quickly in space as they float past quickly. But some of the lower orbit stuff looks more man-made like an aircraft, and we have to remember that they are testing incredibly fast and incredibly high altitude aircraft. In fact only the other month a top secret NASA aircraft was landed that stayed out at the edge of space for a year doing secret projects. It was filmed and documented on the news its landing and then weeks later its return to the edge of space to do another 18 month "test" doing secret projects for the government. Whatever it is doing, it is likely it gets seen from rare time to time by astronaughts, the ISS and more importantly the camera's that video the earth, and as such probably this craft (google it, its not a secret craft, just an experimental one with a top secret payload) is what the videos are showing from time to time!

wouldn't space debris just be floating around since there is no gravity in space....these objects are moving along pretty fast....coming and going...there is power moving these objects....when are people going to remove the blinders and wake up?

Space debris is in orbit, and that's pretty fast. We're talking thousands of miles per hour. Particles of dust can strike a satellite with so much force that the impact creates a plasma burn. There is so much junk, old satellites and current satellites that we almost have a visible ring around the planet. NASA has to wait for a 'window' in all this junk just to get a launch. This was an image created on BBC's Stargazing Live. Its crowded up there, so I guarantee all these 'UFOs' that people keep spotting from NASA TV etc are just junk.

p013kx13.jpg?nodefault=true

you guys should take the UFOs more seriously NASA and its employees meaning there are UFOs stop denying it every other country has come clean and honest to the truth.anyway these flaying objects are not all space debris,space junk or swamp gases as you guys always say.anyway well i wished sometimes that i could trust NASA with these things but i can't and for the employees i don't trust them either nothing personal its just the employer you guys have that i don't believe and trust.i am a believer in UFOs and etc but you guys well i just don't trust

I must admit i only watched this with one eye, the other one is watching football (not the american kind, but real football!

We Americans played soccer in grade school. Usually when you grow up you start playing real sports.

you mean you were watching soccer, silentsinger. football in the united states is real football.

Exactly.

• Like 2

I also share the belief that we are not alone, but with literally billions of bits of junk up there; I think its more likely that it is space junk rather than an alien craft. Also, yes other countries have declassified alleged UFO files; but they were only classified mostly due to cold-war paranoia and after reading through quite a few of them; I can't understand why they were classified in the first place, they're that mundane.

I wish people would stop assuming agencies know more than they're telling us - think of the massive amounts of public funding NASA could get even if they only hinted at finding life somewhere.

There's so many satellites and space debris up there it could be anything including a UFO.

I also share the belief that we are not alone, but with literally billions of bits of junk up there; I think its more likely that it is space junk rather than an alien craft. Also, yes other countries have declassified alleged UFO files; but they were only classified mostly due to cold-war paranoia and after reading through quite a few of them; I can't understand why they were classified in the first place, they're that mundane.

I wish people would stop assuming agencies know more than they're telling us - think of the massive amounts of public funding NASA could get even if they only hinted at finding life somewhere.

You have to understand all the space junk up there is traveling to fast to be seen or recorded on video.

i would have went with its a satellite but ive seen these objects change direction at high speeds in some of these NASA videos....i want to know what these shiny things are that are flying around!!

One day someone will become very rich when they build a system to gather it all up ! Maybe it can be you ? :tu:

• Like 2

You have to understand all the space junk up there is traveling to fast to be seen or recorded on video.

Well the way it works is that the ISS is travelling at thousands of Km/h itself, and many of the objects will have similar orbits. So they will appear to be moving slowly in relation to the ISS.

Just like being on a busy highway.

Edited by ad hoc

you mean you were watching soccer, silentsinger. football in the united states is real football.

Australians would say Aussie Rules Football is the real football. :P