Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whitehouse response to Death star petition

Simbi Laveau

They could put a McDonald's on the death star, and that would help cut the costs. If this still doesn't cover the 850 bazillion, they could also put a Starbucks, and a Toys R Us. That's 3 times the revenue!!

• Like 2

:lol:

The Administration does not support blowing up planets.

An outright lie!

Of course they'd want to have the power to blow up planets!

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

Get me back out on the workforce. Youll have the StarShip Enterprise.. lawl.. QUIT QUOTING MOVIES YEH HOMOS!! gah.

I can't believe there are actually people stupid enough to petition for the construction of a "Death Star".

Seriously? Are people really this out of touch with reality?

Funny..and sad...but still funny, in a sad sort of funny way......

I think it's just sad that people clog the petition site with crap like this. I don't think it's delusion really, I think they think it's cute, or funny, or a tribute to their movies, or whatever dumb reason. The banning hammers and baseball bats one is IMO another stupid cute petty thing that clogs the system. That should have been a forum comment, not a petition on the white house website.

Even worse is media picks up and shares this around like it's a concern worthy news item.

It's not that I don't believe in free speech, bla bla bla.. Just dang, we have a petition system and people use it for stupid. Then we wonder why the system addresses stupid things.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha only in america. :w00t:

Funny..and sad...but still funny, in a sad sort of funny way......

That's exactly what they were aiming for.

troll_2956879_thumb.jpg

But I found it refreshing seeing someone take the p*** out of my government, as we all like to do, but never get the chance to do it to their face. Anyone who does it after this time will not have the same effect in my eyes, but I'm glad someone did it. I'm sure the government is just fine, and not dealing with a massive influx of massively signed petitions that are nonsense. Just like we don't have Colonel Sanders and Mighty Mouse survive in the write-in polls long enough to be considered a contender.

That's exactly what they were aiming for.

troll_2956879_thumb.jpg

But I found it refreshing seeing someone take the p*** out of my government, as we all like to do, but never get the chance to do it to their face. Anyone who does it after this time will not have the same effect in my eyes, but I'm glad someone did it. I'm sure the government is just fine, and not dealing with a massive influx of massively signed petitions that are nonsense. Just like we don't have Colonel Sanders and Mighty Mouse survive in the write-in polls long enough to be considered a contender.

Cause that's what we need in our politics and governments, more distractions! To heck with real issues! Who wants to see of we can get them to acknowledge the reality of the hidden 'Autobot-Decepticon war' that's been hidden for sixty years. I saw that famous guy in Transformers! It must be real, and if not, let's build one.

The government is surely reeling from this distraction.

Nerf caves.

edit: We have the technology!

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

Cause that's what we need in our politics and governments, more distractions! To heck with real issues! Who wants to see of we can get them to acknowledge the reality of the hidden 'Autobot-Decepticon war' that's been hidden for sixty years. I saw that famous guy in Transformers! It must be real, and if not, let's build one.

I think it does more good than bad, shows them as being more human. It might seem like an unnecessary distraction but it's nice to see the government relate to the public like this! Made me smile!

And now for a rock solid bigfoot believer-style argument: Just because there is no evidence of an Autobot-Decepticon war doesn't mean that it does not exist!

Edit: Even though I was joking I still feel dirty writing that second part. Time for a cold shower...

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 1

I think the only one's that may have petitioned for this project were those who were promised employment by military contractors and those who are already active within the various branches of the Pentagon, NASA, military industrial complexes and the likes. Normal people like Joe and Sally up the road are much more concerned with the money going towards needed programs that are now on the chopping block. We have enough problems on earth that we haven't solved,

and yet we intend to go elsewhere and create chaos...it just doesn't ring a bell upstairs for me.

Edited by NiteMarcher

And now we watch the joke get stale before our eyes.

The "death star" would not be any crazier than most of the other "stimulus" projects that this government has funded so fora with money borrowed from the Chinese or from future tax payers.

So, kind of surprising they reject this one.

• Like 1