Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How many of you do and don't believe in God?

LiveForChrist1

Believing in something is healthy. Humanity has always explored this aspect of itself as evidenced by early burial sites and that the dead were cared for and not just cast off.

whats asinine about that in a religious context ? The same practice is continued today.

http://www.pasthoriz...in-neanderthals

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

What I dont like about all these far right christians is ..... If I happen to not believe what they believe, then I am automatically wrong !! Everyone on this earth is entitled to believe whatever they believe, except for those who think Elvis is alive and living on the moon!!

• Like 3

Hmm, I guess I can understand where your coming from then....

I suppose it comes down to this, even if you can give up and let yourself fade away without fighting it I can't do that. I cannot and will not let my life become meaningless, I will find the truth and stick to it's path because if I don't then I become nothing.

No, when you approach it at that angle, you don't 'understand where I'm coming from' at all. :)

• Like 1

whats asinine about that in a religious context ? The same practice is continued today.

http://www.pasthoriz...in-neanderthals

because *something* isn't always healthy. Like my example, scientology. Edited by Rlyeh

Nevermind. No I dont believe in God.

meh not really, but i could be wrong. anything is possible i just choose to not think about it a whole lot.

I believe that there always is a higher power above us all, but i

Question if that is god though

My humble opinion, 'God' doesn't need a Bible and Jesus was a great teacher.

Whether or not either are, or were real, makes no difference to me. The good lessons that were taught however, are valuable to the human experience.

I agree, I am grateful for the Bible there are some very useful teachings on the human condition in there and it does provide a moral compass to many - rightly or wrongly is another debate.

As to Jesus, we couldn't ask for a better Teacher.

Who and what Jesus and God are may not be the same as what people have understood them to be and in this I remain open to new insights spiritually. I also don't think God belongs to just the Bible or just to Christians or the religious there have been attempts to comprehend this being that is God in many civilisations and all across the world in various beliefs, I do not discount wisdom when I hear it just because it didn't come from the usual sources.

• Like 7

I believe that the Creator of all things came to this earth as a man, He taught us how to live a fruitful life loving each other, He was condemned for it, crucified as a sacrifice for our transgressions and on the third day , according to scripture, He resurrected from the dead. I firmly believe that if we want to live beyond the span of these mortal bodies and to discover the wonders that were created for us that we have to do nothing more than accept His gift and allow Him to mold our character. That's what I believe.

Welcome to UM :)

• Like 1

My humble opinion, 'God' doesn't need a Bible and Jesus was a great teacher.

I like that.

My take on God is that yes I believe in God, but not like God is in the bible or any other religion that has some man or women come down and talk to people. Simply the first building block of the Universe. Even though that my version of God isn't a person, you can still get a message or two from it just by studying anything that is around you. (That's right you can find out the difference between right and wrong just by studying a tree).

Some might say that can be considered God, some might say that it can't be considered God. Oh well. Lol

• Like 1

I am a Pantheist neo-Pagan. I don't believe in the Abrahamic concept of God. Christians say I worship the creation, ok, that works for me. In my belief system the Universe, Nature is god. Do I believe the Universe has a kind of intellect, I don't know and I don't care.

• Like 1

Atheist here.

Until there is evidence to show the existence of any type of magical deity...I'll be an atheist.

Regarding Jesus? Dunno. He may have been a wise rabbi or such but I don't think there was a Jesus that was the son of any deity.

Nibs

• Like 1

Agnostic, less 'I don't know' and more 'I don't care'.

Edit: Weeeeell, I do care, but since it doesn't have a major impact on my life, I don't bother with it (like srsly, if Santa and the promise of presents couldn't get me to behave, will eternal damnation get me to behave? Nah, I can behave on my own, I'm an adult).

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

Why are people saying - Welcome to UM ? The OP starter joined UM back in 2010 lol I guess some of you like to throw in a belated welcome :P

• Like 2

I believe in God! Religion is a whole different story, but yeah I think we were created intentionally and there is more to the universe than we know

As to Jesus, we couldn't ask for a better Teacher.

Buddha was arguably a better teacher. But I digress from the OP's original question.

1st, welcome to the forums. :)

2nd, I don't believe in either camp. The religious will never truly understand God and the irreligious will never understand the concept.

...I'll take a window seat thank you.

I never realized there was a third choice. Either you do believe in God, or you don't believe in God, or ... ?

Blasphemer !!

I think if a god exists it isn't anything like the one held by most religions. Why He comes of as being too petty, too much like a child and, above all, too small. An all powerful god decides to come down on one planet, a planet out of billions? No. A lot of religions seem far more concerned with grandising the human race which seems seems rather silly. We know that there's this giant universe out there yet god seems only interested in us? It sounds absurd when looked at with any degree of thought.

Personally? No I don't think there is a god. And eveen if there is, I don't see why such an entity would have even the slightest interest in our race.

• Like 2

I never realized there was a third choice. Either you do believe in God, or you don't believe in God, or ... ?

Or you don't care, or you don't know.

Okay the reason I chose this forum is because I wanted to see what you guys would say, I am planning on posting another one of these to the other forum.

In case you guys don't visit the other forum I wanted to get your input here.