Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

huge black dog

SpiritWriter

Three years ago I had a bear walk through my yard at roughly 2 am, I was stone cold sober just getting home from work and pulled into the drive and there is a big black something standing in the drive. then it looked at me. and it was a black bear. I live in north seattle and the same week i saw the bear there was one spotted in ballard and another spotted in shoreline. I am NOT saying that is what you saw, black bears do not stand ten feet tall even when standing on their back legs ( more like seven to eight feet) , but yes we do see bears in the Seattle city limits from time to time. all the various bear sightings During That week were on TV news constantly ( During the proper seasons I Hunt Black Bears, so yes i know what they look like.) Back when i was a kid 35 to 40 years ago i would see some big canines wandering the streets in the early morning hours when i delivered papers Here in Seattle. there was this one ( sort of friendly) rottweiler who would walk up to me every morning sniff me then walk away. granted i was not quite 5' tall at the time but it could look me in the eyes. once i started bringing dog treats It accepted them without harming me. it never made a sound and i never figured out where it lived.

Cool story but this was in S. Seattle and wasnt a bear. My grandma had a bear break in her house and raid her refridgerator but she lived in the mountains.. little off topic but thats alright I guess. Ill probably repost the cat stuff later and see if I get any replies or insights. I already found out about the dog... cool to find out ppl experienced the same.. learned something new cant complain about that.

Peace all

Cool story but this was in S. Seattle and wasnt a bear. My grandma had a bear break in her house and raid her refridgerator but she lived in the mountains.. little off topic but thats alright I guess. Ill probably repost the cat stuff later and see if I get any replies or insights. I already found out about the dog... cool to find out ppl experienced the same.. learned something new cant complain about that.

Peace all

Thanks for sharing SpiritWriter. I've included your story in Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

Ok and I see it is still on this site :) this was not two legged btw

They have four legs, but can stand on their hind legs. Some species seem to have learnt how to walk on two legs as well, a.k.a "big hairy man type cryptid"

They have four legs, but can stand on their hind legs. Some species seem to have learnt how to walk on two legs as well, a.k.a "big hairy man type cryptid"

Ok yeah perhaps if it stood up I would see, thank the lord it did not! it was sitting the whole time. But it did look just like a dog and didnt remind me of a man at all. I dont know exactly what kind of dog it looked like but it was buff like a mastiff, it was not slender like these other stories..

Edited by SpiritWriter