Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Blow likes to deer hunt, threatens wife

Raptor Witness

never mind

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

The example I chose was to distinguish a seemingly obvious threat, from the hidden threat we are facing.

Joe Blow is unlikely to kill anybody using a gun, and I believe any FBI profiler will back me up on this. His weapon of choice against another human being is his fist. He uses a gun to kill animals.

I'm not worried that Joe Blow will walk into a school, or hijack a school bus. I'm also not worried that he'll kill his coworkers if he gets fired from a job, because I know he doesn't fit the profile we are looking for.

I think Joe Blow is now trying to excuse his behavior.
  • Like 1

Oh the pity of this Clown in office,Now it will be the Lawfull gun owner that has to live in fear that the crimminal is going to be the only one who is not punished and will run ramped ,Why doesnt the stupid people see that every time they pass a gun law that it only affects the lawfull gun owners while the crimminals get away with not doing what has been asked,Im sick and tired of paying the price for what other idiots do,I guess it is true ,like I always said before and now it's true,I am now an Outlaw,not because of my justice,not because of my love for this country,but because I AM A LAWFULL GUN OWNER who Is being Punished for the crimes of CRIMMINALS and the STUPID IDIOT ANTIGUN JERKS Who cant keep their boogered noses out of my nose space, Thanks you Jerks I can Truley say you suck ,You are now Communist in my book. From now on when anyone needs help when a crimminal is attacking you and breaking your childrens necks and rape your wives and steals your hard earned possesion,kicks your dog or just plain robs you,dont call me for help Ill just sit and watch because my guns are outlawed and I dont want to go to jail trying to save you with my gun, This is not ment for the people on this site.. except you few,you know who you are,Jerks hope hell breaks in your home,Have fun telling that Perp who's killing you and yours to hold on while you call the police.

• Like 1

The example I chose was to distinguish a seemingly obvious threat, from the hidden threat we are facing.

Joe Blow is unlikely to kill anybody using a gun, and I believe any FBI profiler will back me up on this. His weapon of choice against another human being is his fist. He uses a gun to kill animals.

I'm not worried that Joe Blow will walk into a school, or hijack a school bus. I'm also not worried that he'll kill his coworkers if he gets fired from a job, because I know he doesn't fit the profile we are looking for.

The entity we are looking for is afraid to live, and he kills out of jealousy. Take the odd kid that is bullied in school. He's mad, and he hates, but what drives him over the edge is his jealousy of those who aren't afraid to live.

Rather than enacting more laws that will have little effect on what is now emerging, we need to have a serious national discussion on mental health advocacy for the specific profile we are looking for, because most of these individuals won't be visible to mental health professionals.

If I were designing the psychological test to own a gun, I would include a section that reveals a unique fear to live. WE can help those who are afraid to live, and turn a lot of those rats into pussycats.

Those who choose violence as a pastime are obvious to everyone.

In my mind as a Soldier, Joe Blow is a threat to himself (Drinking while Hunting has been the cause of many gun related deaths and injury) as well as he is a Violent man because he likes to beat his wife. What is to stop him in the heat of the moment to escalate a beating to an execution? It has happened before and it will happen again. The situation which yo propose ends in the correct method, the man should not be allowed to own a firearm and should be given further psychiatric help.

To say that the man poses no threat to himself or his wife is ludicrous. As he is already a threat to his wife. People like the one in the example should not be allowed to use firearms let alone own them.

~Thanato

• Like 2

Probably not, but anti - gun folk tend to use correct English to make themselves understood. Let's look at NRA Lies shall we?

Excuse me? you dont even live in America.so keep out of our buisness.Not one true American here want someone from another Country to even say anything,Why dont you go fishing or something and Mind your own things instead of sticking your nose in someone elses problem,You Make no sence as to what your saying anyway.I am a member of the NRA and if you are calling "Us liers" then sir you have stepped on the wrong foot,your just Blind to the fact that any new laws passed do not affect the crimminals that dont care what law is made and they break them anyway,It only affects those of us that allready are law biding gun owners.and any new law only gives the crimminals something else to break.It is Idiot thinking that give crimminals power,Obama is an American hating pressident and the Life that we have here with its freedoms is at stake,thanks to the idiot crimminals and the idiot anti gun jerks that give our freedoms away,I did not fight to protect our freedoms in this country for Jerks to just throw it back in my face.and this Is a slap in the face to the American people who want to live free,and slowly this anti-gun crap is taking it away from us and giving it to the crimminal,Then YOU who dosent even live in this country says something,I mean come on,MIND YOUR OWN. Edited by The Unseen

Excuse me? you dont even live in America.so keep out of our buisness.

So you need to be an American to post an opinion on a PUBLIC board that is open to anyone ?

• Like 1

So you need to be an American to post an opinion on a PUBLIC board that is open to anyone ?

I comment removed due to not wanting to fight with an unworthy adversary who is now on my ignore list just su i wont have to turn arround and read her stupid comments.sorry but i can find betterthings to do with my life than argue with it. Edited by The Unseen

I feel that anyone "LIKE YOU" that does not live here In America should just not comment on something that does not concern them,But if you want to say something then go ahead, but be warned......I dont like fighting with you B.M, But ......its what ever.

I will do, and I will not stop posting my opinions like everyone else just because you said so.. I find it arrogant for you or anyone to dictate and demand that others who are not Americans cannot post their opinion.,.. Actually it is not only arrogant but down right ridiculous to dictate to anyone what they can and cannot post on an open forum

I couldn't care who posts about my country..To lay the emphasis - Every single person is fully entitled to their opinion.. It is a PUBLIC and OPEN forum that welcomes ALL opinions regardless of the nationality

If you have a problem with what I am telling you, report me to any of the mods.. But I think you will find I am right I know one thing is for sure.. If I was praising your posts and agreeing with you, you sure would not have a problem with my opinions in ref to the USA..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

Excuse me? you dont even live in America.so keep out of our buisness.Not one true American here want someone from another Country to even say anything,Why dont you go fishing or something and Mind your own things instead of sticking your nose in someone elses problem,You Make no sence as to what your saying anyway.I am a member of the NRA and if you are calling "Us liers" then sir you have stepped on the wrong foot,your just Blind to the fact that any new laws passed do not affect the crimminals that dont care what law is made and they break them anyway,It only affects those of us that allready are law biding gun owners.and any new law only gives the crimminals something else to break.It is Idiot thinking that give crimminals power,Obama is an American hating pressident and the Life that we have here with its freedoms is at stake,thanks to the idiot crimminals and the idiot anti gun jerks that give our freedoms away,I did not fight to protect our freedoms in this country for Jerks to just throw it back in my face.and this Is a slap in the face to the American people who want to live free,and slowly this anti-gun crap is taking it away from us and giving it to the crimminal,Then YOU who dosent even live in this country says something,I mean come on,MIND YOUR OWN.

Don't want to hear non-American opinions? Then leave. We have as much right to post on the topic as you.

• Like 1

Don't want to hear non-American opinions? Then leave. We have as much right to post on the topic as you.

No Go ahead and say your peace,I was talking about.....never mind it seem I used the wrong words again,Hmmmmm,but you know what,I was just wondering ,Does the USA guns effect your country? if so How,no Really Id like to kow,Maybe it does,maybe I was not looking at the picture right,Are my guns in anyway making you nevous or do they not matter to youand when I say you I mean other country's,I Do know that Mexico is effected from illegal guns and that the cartels there will do anything to get them,I think I see the point here,My bad,your right.Let me here what you think on this matter,If America bans all guns would it affect the other country's or have we been "WIMPED" by them and if so How. Oh And Im not going anywhere and nethier should you,Forgive my stupid way of thinking.

No Go ahead and say your peace,I was talking about.....never mind it seem I used the wrong words again,Hmmmmm,but you know what,I was just wondering ,Does the USA guns effect your country? if so How,no Really Id like to kow,Maybe it does,maybe I was not looking at the picture right,Are my guns in anyway making you nevous or do they not matter to youand when I say you I mean other country's,I Do know that Mexico is effected from illegal guns and that the cartels there will do anything to get them,I think I see the point here,My bad,your right.Let me here what you think on this matter,If America bans all guns would it affect the other country's or have we been "WIMPED" by them and if so How. Oh And Im not going anywhere and nethier should you,Forgive my stupid way of thinking.

Well thank you. Your country's gun laws do not affect me, no. I have no vested interest in what your country chooses to do. I merely have certain thoughts on what I believe you do, and I discuss them because there is such a cultural divide between the two sides that it's intriguing.

I will do, and I will not stop posting my opinions like everyone else just because you said so.. I find it arrogant for you or anyone to dictate and demand that others who are not Americans cannot post their opinion.,.. Actually it is not only arrogant but down right ridiculous to dictate to anyone what they can and cannot post on an open forum

I couldn't care who posts about my country..To lay the emphasis - Every single person is fully entitled to their opinion.. It is a PUBLIC and OPEN forum that welcomes ALL opinions regardless of the nationality

If you have a problem with what I am telling you, report me to any of the mods.. But I think you will find I am right I know one thing is for sure.. If I was praising your posts and agreeing with you, you sure would not have a problem with my opinions in ref to the USA..

Thing is ,I dont want to argue wit you ,I undrestand where your comming from,But it's like.......You never agree with anything I say anyway also you never praise anyone except for your arrogant way of trying to be right at everything you say,Frankly Now I could care less who or what you are,I know I have problems and sometimes I dont say the right things but you seem to think your crap dont stink,Lady or what ever you are why dont you just use the ignoer button on me there will be no love lost here and I know there wont be any on your side of your computer,Lets just hate each other and ignore each other instead of arguing,I dont ever want you to agree with me,Keep your comments to me to your self and lets just quit bickering back and forth,I need your opinion like you need me for a friend,which we are not,but I do apollagize for my stupidity..I now push the ignor button just so you can post in peace and I the same.

Well thank you. Your country's gun laws do not affect me, no. I have no vested interest in what your country chooses to do. I merely have certain thoughts on what I believe you do, and I discuss them because there is such a cultural divide between the two sides that it's intriguing.

What do your gun laws do that our gun laws dont,Maybe there is something that we can learn from your side of the woods, As you know or have read that our gun laws only affect the Law abiding gun owners where the crimminals wont be affected at all,It's like a double ended sword and no matter where we try to grip it we wind up cutting our hands,Darn crimminals.

What do your gun laws do that our gun laws dont,Maybe there is something that we can learn from your side of the woods, As you know or have read that our gun laws only affect the Law abiding gun owners where the crimminals wont be affected at all,It's like a double ended sword and no matter where we try to grip it we wind up cutting our hands,Darn crimminals.

Well the Laws are nationalized. If you have a criminal record you can't get a license. You have to pass a test to obtain a Licenses. There are three types of Licenses but only 2 are available for the general public (restricted and non-restricted). Semi auto (Except .22's) are pinned to 5 rounds in the magazine. To own a pistol you must be a collector or be a member of a range. Non-Restricted weapons are not Registers (As it was just abolished) however Restricted firearms have to be registered. All licenses are issued through the RCMP Canadian Firearms Center.

To hunt you need a hunting license and pass a hunter safety course.

Fully automatic weapons are Prohibited. Weapons shorter then a certain size are Prohibited. Pistols with a very short barrel length are prohibited.

These laws keep a number of weapons off the street by keeping them out of the hands of people who can be target for theft. However a number of weapons used by Canadian Criminals are smuggled into Canada from the US, most other weapons are stolen from lawful gun owners in Canada.

I recently read a statistic which stated that there is 1 gun for every 3 people in Canada.

~Thanato

• Like 1

Thing is ,I dont want to argue wit you

I don't wish to argue with you either, I was just pointing out that saying that to anyone who is not American that they cannot post up their opinions was arrogant..Come on you know it is

You never agree with anything I say anyway

I don't normally see much of your posts to agree or disagree ..It would depend on the post content..

also you never praise anyone

Now now ..of course I do..I am forever wearing out my like button lol

your arrogant way of trying to be right at everything you say,

I never try to be right.. Come now, you should know by now that females are ALWAYS right lol

I dont ever want you to agree with me

I agree lol

I do apollagize for my stupidity.

Well that was noble of you, I appreciate it.. I apologise for going off on one, I was just pointing out a fact ..

.I now push the ignor button just so you can post in peace and I the same.

Well I wont be ignoring you, I like you now.. You may have said something that was unfair to us non Americans, but you took a stand and apologised.. So thanks

Well, as I see it, the first step would be to make it more difficult for a criminal to get a gun, so I think the first step would be to require all gun to be locked up in a safe or firearms cabinet when the owner is not in direct control of it, such as when he leaves home. On average, in the last 15 years I think the study said, 200k+ guns had been reported stolen annually. Put them in a secure and difficult to break into container and that number can be significantly reduced I believe.

• Like 1

Thanatos: you do not have to be part of a gun club to get a pistol.

Well the Laws are nationalized. If you have a criminal record you can't get a license. You have to pass a test to obtain a Licenses. There are three types of Licenses but only 2 are available for the general public (restricted and non-restricted). Semi auto (Except .22's) are pinned to 5 rounds in the magazine. To own a pistol you must be a collector or be a member of a range. Non-Restricted weapons are not Registers (As it was just abolished) however Restricted firearms have to be registered. All licenses are issued through the RCMP Canadian Firearms Center.

To hunt you need a hunting license and pass a hunter safety course.

Fully automatic weapons are Prohibited. Weapons shorter then a certain size are Prohibited. Pistols with a very short barrel length are prohibited.

These laws keep a number of weapons off the street by keeping them out of the hands of people who can be target for theft. However a number of weapons used by Canadian Criminals are smuggled into Canada from the US, most other weapons are stolen from lawful gun owners in Canada.

I recently read a statistic which stated that there is 1 gun for every 3 people in Canada.

~Thanato

Wow ,very interesting,Thank you

These laws keep a number of weapons off the street by keeping them out of the hands of people who can be target for theft.

and who determines and how if you can be target for theft???

Well, as I see it, the first step would be to make it more difficult for a criminal to get a gun, so I think the first step would be to require all gun to be locked up in a safe or firearms cabinet when the owner is not in direct control of it, such as when he leaves home. On average, in the last 15 years I think the study said, 200k+ guns had been reported stolen annually. Put them in a secure and difficult to break into container and that number can be significantly reduced I believe.

I bet it would,I keep my rifles,shotguns,pistols,and assualt wepons lock in a safe with trigger locks and the safe weighs more than 700 lbs which is bolted to the floor,Once a day I check inventory and pull out one pistol to carry on my side during the day of normal work around the house,Yes when people come to the door the first thing they see is my pistol in my hoster on my hip,Everyone in this block know I carry it,I mow the lawn with it,I fix the roof chingles with it on my side.I have even had the police see it and since I'm on my property and it's in plain sight they say nothing,they just wave,I am not a violent man,I am of good humor and have no record of anything except a traffic ticket that I got back in 2005 for going 35 miles an hour in a 30 mph zone,didn't see a sign"SOMEONE ran it over the previous day".I make no excusses for people who dont lock their gun up,I do and so should they.Ya know I bet if they blew up my house that the only thing that would servive would be the gun safe,lol

I bet it would,I keep my rifles,shotguns,pistols,and assualt wepons lock in a safe with trigger locks and the safe weighs more than 700 lbs which is bolted to the floor,Once a day I check inventory and pull out one pistol to carry on my side during the day of normal work around the house,Yes when people come to the door the first thing they see is my pistol in my hoster on my hip,Everyone in this block know I carry it,I mow the lawn with it,I fix the roof chingles with it on my side.I have even had the police see it and since I'm on my property and it's in plain sight they say nothing,they just wave,I am not a violent man,I am of good humor and have no record of anything except a traffic ticket that I got back in 2005 for going 35 miles an hour in a 30 mph zone,didn't see a sign"SOMEONE ran it over the previous day".I make no excusses for people who dont lock their gun up,I do and so should they.Ya know I bet if they blew up my house that the only thing that would servive would be the gun safe,lol

I'm glad to hear that. Unfortunately, I've been in many discussions with people who did not want that kind of weapons security to be enforced.

• Like 1

I've been in many discussions with people who did not want that kind of weapons security to be enforced.

and they are right.

you have no idea what you talking about.you can't enforce it, you simply physicly can not. why attempt to do something that is bound to fail??

those that lock them now will be doing it regarrdless law or no law. those who don't wont, law or not. very smple concept.

we don't want cops to come to our homes to check it. we just don't want cops in our homes\property for any reason. period.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

and they are right.

you have no idea what you talking about.you can't enforce it, you simply physicly can not. why attempt to do something that is bound to fail??

those that lock them now will be doing it regarrdless law or no law. those who don't wont, law or not. very smple concept.

we don't want cops to come to our homes to check it. we just don't want cops in our homes\property for any reason. period.

It works up here. Everyone locks them up and it is enforced. In either case, I have no desire to explain how its done to you since I consider you a loose cannon when it comes to discussions. I've attempted to explain it to you twice previously but your responses amounted to nothing except "na na na not listening to you." If you wish to figure out how things work, research gun laws in Canada.

• Like 2

It works up here. Everyone locks them up and it is enforced.

May I ask how it is enforced?

By the way, I don't know how you can say everyone locks them up. That's like saying no one speeds or drives drunk. Simply because something is a law doesn't mean the law won't be broken.

Edited by Michelle