Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If ET arrived and said: I'm God

and-then

47 members have voted

1. 1. If extra terrestrials landed and told us that they were our creators, would you believe it?

• Yes
    • No
    • DON'T KNOW
    • DON'T CARE

ha - maybe but I only quoted from whats in the big book! So if the big book has got that bit wrong, about things that MUST come to pass.. well maybe all of its wrong then? But I never argue religion with anyone. Thats how wars start!

Anyway..

What does God need with a starship?

edit to add better sound quality vid

The bible lost me when it was supposed to contain the word of God when it was written by man. Apparently the bible wasn't even put together until a good couple years past after the actual events occurred.

If you do a bit of research into the concept of storytelling. The evolution of a story. Even today, theatrical or movie adaptions of novels can contain events that never happened in the original text to mix things up and make it more interesting/exciting/etc. Things can be a bit exaggerated and fantastical at times. Generally it makes things a bit more interesting. The problem arises when people actually start believing in them however.

I find it funny when scientology is mocked. But in essence, the only difference with most religions and that one is time.

The problem with that being the bible doesn't speak for god it claims to speak for god

Ok then I imagine your answer to the aliens would be 'No sorry matey, you're not god"? Coz thats just a fairy tale man made up?

BUT I will not argue for or against - any religion or peoples religious beliefs, so pls don't question me further on it! Im sure others will chip in about that!

But hell, either way, if aliens arrived I wouldn't really care what they said, Id be fascinated to see/meet them, have a ride in a saucer maybe,

Ok then I imagine your answer to the aliens would be 'No sorry matey, you're not god"? Coz thats just a fairy tale man made up?

BUT I will not argue for or against - any religion or peoples religious beliefs, so pls don't question me further on it! Im sure others will chip in about that!

But hell, either way, if aliens arrived I wouldn't really care what they said, Id be fascinated to see/meet them, have a ride in a saucer maybe,

If they did it wouldn't be phrased like that. However, that would be the basic jist of it. There's several things in the bible (ie the world made in days) that we know is incorrect so we already know there's some mistakes in there (mistakes a god wouldn't make but that men would).

I'd be curious too, it would be pretty cool to meet aliens (and certainly be on a spaceship).

Actually, since God created the earth, He Himself did not originate on the earth. That makes Him an extraterrestrial.

(Don't go crazy on me, just a joke!)

Voted: I don't know.

there's a whole thing in the old testament about not being able to look at God's face and live.

Exodus Chapter 33 Verse 20

http://bible.cc/exodus/33-20.htm

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

thou canst not. This is well explained by Rabbi Jehudah, in Sepher Cosri, 'Of that divine glory mentioned in the scripture, there is one degree which the eyes of the prophets were able to explore; another which all the Israelites saw, as the cloud and consuming fire; the third is so bright, and so dazzling, that no mortal is able to comprehend it; but should anyone venture to look on it, his whole frame would be dissolved.' In such inconceivable splendour is the Divine Majesty revealed to the inhabitants of the celestial world, where he is said to 'dwell in the light which no man can approach unto.' By the 'face of God,' therefore, we are to understand that light inaccessible before which angels may stand, but which would be so insufferable to mortal eyes, that no man could see it and live."

If they are claiming omniscience, I would expect the whole "I am GOD" thing would need some clarification. Which culture's God? And so on.

I mean isn't the voice of the God of Abraham instantly recognizable? (Sheep and Shepard etc.)

"Pics or it didn't happen."

Of course pics could be anything from a working apparatus that creates human life/cells or even just a good old fashioned photo/ holgraphic video.

Personally I'd be over the moon with that. Finding out there are other life forms out there, that life is not just some stupid test...well, if they don't then say "We come on behalf of Yahweh/Mohammed etc."

"Awwwwww Mannnnnnn"

Edited by Sean93

If an extraterrestrial proclaimed they were god, after I stopped laughing I would ask them who created them. :alien::yes::alien:

Ah the old Chicken and the Egg debate - Would you ask that to any god?

When God does come, he won't have to tell us who he is ! We'll know. Trust me.

Christianity is so splintered because you don't know.
  • Like 2

Will the atheists believe him tho?

First contact with any species is going to be a challenge for mankind to deal with. Any species claiming to be God or a God should sent the shivers up your spine and make you realize how screwed we are and I just hope we have the means to resist and survive this encounter or invasion.

If first contact came from a species that did not claim to be divine and offered their assistance and science to us, I would still be wondering what their motive was.

So - God = no. Aliens with an agenda - more possible.

• Like 1

Will the atheists believe him tho?

The apparently benevolent, omniscient and omnipotent being would definitely be in dire trouble convincing the athiests.

• Like 1

The apparently benevolent, omniscient and omnipotent being would definitely be in dire trouble convincing the athiests.

Has anyone considered that in order to travel vast interstellar distances,that the Alien in qestion could be infact be synthetic.That would be to say part machine,part organic or even fully Android,Would it be Considered a God then.

Has anyone considered that in order to travel vast interstellar distances,that the Alien in qestion could be infact be synthetic.That would be to say part machine,part organic or even fully Android,Would it be Considered a God then.

Oh NOOOO It's the Borg.... "You will be assimilated,"

• Like 3

Someone hasn't read Revelations.

From your comment it's obvious you'll be one of the 'Decieved'. Good luck with that if it turns out to be true.

• Like 2

Oh NOOOO It's the Borg.... "You will be assimilated,"

Our father a Borg from Heaven

Hallowed be thy Name....

Sorry couldn't resist,your comment made me laugh :w00t: .

Now THAT would have been a miracle!

Our father a Borg from Heaven

Hallowed be thy Name....

Sorry couldn't resist,your comment made me laugh :w00t: .

Narcissus?

Under the theory God is everything and everywhere. God may simply materialise wherever he wishes I assume. God would probably be an interdimensional being as well.

Narcissus?

:lol: ..

Well, if they were as good looking and intelligent as me, I'd be more inclined to believe them.

ha - maybe but I only quoted from whats in the big book! So if the big book has got that bit wrong, about things that MUST come to pass.. well maybe all of its wrong then? But I never argue religion with anyone. Thats how wars start!

Anyway..

What does God need with a starship?

[media=]

[/media]

edit to add better sound quality vid

Star Trek is so wise!

• Like 2

If that happened the reason would probably be to test the planet. Seed the planet then come back later to see if the life they "planted" where able to survive. In they can't survive the planet could be thought of as inhabitable.

So they better hurry up and come back because we're starting to ruine this planet. :)

Yep...we are even warned that a great deception would fool most in the last days. I can't think of one that would be more universally accepted - can you?

I can, the Anti-Christ is meant to be killed and rises again, can yo imagine the reaction to seeing som leader shot in the head and miraculously healed? The world would fallover itself to fawn over him.

Shoul that happen in our lifetime, I expect we'd meet at Megedo.

• Like 1