Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Facts about Orbs!

Ecto76

Dragon dragon. Dragon ball z!

I thought this was interesting...It explains how to create your own energy ball...

http://learn-telekin...e-psi-balls.php

Yet another reason why "ORBS" should not be presented as evidence of the Paranormal!

energy just so happens to form a sphereical shape, just as a water droplett will forn said shape as it falls to the ground, its not hard to understand why a random energy pressence would form the shape of a sphere in mid air.
That doesn't make any sense.

Electricity is a form of energy and it doesn't "just so happen" to form a spherical shape. Put a bunch of electrons into a spherical shape and they'll do their damnedest to form anything but a sphere as they mutually repel each other and quit forming any sort of shape at all.

Heat is a form of energy and it doesn't "just so happen" to form a spherical shape. Get a room and concentrate some heat into a spherical shape in the air and watch as the heat dissipates until it roughly equalises itself around the room.

Electromagnetic radiation is a form of energy "just so happen" to form a spherical shape (that wouldn't even make any sense).

Etc. etc.

The world around us is full of energy - the heat of the molecules in the air around you, the light coming from the sun, the electromagnetic radiation that carries radio, TV, cellphone, Wifi, etc. signals through the atmosphere around you, the electricity flowing throw the cables that provide power to all the neat gadgets we own, the chemical energy in our laptop and phone batteries, etc. These things are not forming spherical globules of energy because there is no inherent general tendency for energy to form itself into spherical shapes.

Where did you get this idea from?

That doesn't make any sense.

Electricity is a form of energy and it doesn't "just so happen" to form a spherical shape. Put a bunch of electrons into a spherical shape and they'll do their damnedest to form anything but a sphere as they mutually repel each other and quit forming any sort of shape at all.

Heat is a form of energy and it doesn't "just so happen" to form a spherical shape. Get a room and concentrate some heat into a spherical shape in the air and watch as the heat dissipates until it roughly equalises itself around the room.

Electromagnetic radiation is a form of energy "just so happen" to form a spherical shape (that wouldn't even make any sense).

Etc. etc.

The world around us is full of energy - the heat of the molecules in the air around you, the light coming from the sun, the electromagnetic radiation that carries radio, TV, cellphone, Wifi, etc. signals through the atmosphere around you, the electricity flowing throw the cables that provide power to all the neat gadgets we own, the chemical energy in our laptop and phone batteries, etc. These things are not forming spherical globules of energy because there is no inherent general tendency for energy to form itself into spherical shapes.

Where did you get this idea from?

i didnt say all electricity inherently had to be spherical. i was just pointing out that it is not an uncommon shape for particals to form. im not a physicist to explain to you why this is i only base it on observations ive made. liquid, gas,(the sun, air bubbles) all form spheres.

a wild guess would assume that at the central point of the energy source, the light spreads out from that point in all directions at an equal distance in relation to each other, which would be a sphere. what is controling the central point? that is the real question

I thought this was interesting...It explains how to create your own energy ball...

http://learn-telekin...e-psi-balls.php

Just to clarify,i'm not saying that Orbs are definitely not paranormal,just that we need to look at all options before saying that they are without doubt paranormal.

The term Paranormal doesn't always mean or relate to the situation being a ghost or a spirit. It just means it cannot yet be explained. I like this terminology better. Most are jumping to the conclusion its always a ghost or spirit. Not always the case. There could be an unexplained natural phenomena. :tu:

The term Paranormal doesn't always mean or relate to the situation being a ghost or a spirit. It just means it cannot yet be explained. I like this terminology better. Most are jumping to the conclusion its always a ghost or spirit. Not always the case. There could be an unexplained natural phenomena. :tu:

Thank you for explaining that :tu: I did not know that

• Like 1

Thank you for explaining that :tu: I did not know that

I think 'supernatural' would be a better term for something that is ghostly, etc.

Para just means above or beyond, so paranormal is just saying 'above or beyond the normal'. Just expanding on the above. :)

• Like 1

I think 'supernatural' would be a better term for something that is ghostly, etc.

Para just means above or beyond, so paranormal is just saying 'above or beyond the normal'. Just expanding on the above. :)

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I found this site while researching orbs. My reason for researching orbs is because I saw one. Only one. A few nights ago I was sitting in my chair about 11pm, I turned to look at both of my large dogs laying on the sofa (taking up the entire sofa), grabbed my iPhone to take their picture, I saw an orb. It was white and about 8' away. I did not take the photo because I was amazed at what I had just seen. At first I thought it was just a reflection from the TV or a car headlight outside. But reflections don't move, or float about 3' above the floor, just over the dogs heads in front of the sofa. Car headlights won't be in front of the arm of the sofa. After I thought about it for a few minutes I went ahead and took some pictures of the dogs, they are so cute!!! But it has still stuck with me, I have no idea what it was. But I am very intrigued. I looked back at the pics and there does seem to be a white light, less bright as the pics ascend. I did not see it until days later when I was showing them to my husband. Hmmmm! Pretty darn interesting.

Just thought I'd share my experience. Btw I have seen the bright squiggly line in my vision followed by an extreme headache. I went to an ophthalmologist and a neurologist, I had a migraine. The orb was nothing like it. I don't know what I saw, I'm just sharing my experience.

Barb

I forgot to say that I live in New Jersey, it is January 2013, so there are no fireflies this time of year, they are yellowish green here. When I had the migraine I could still see the squiggly line when my eyes were closed. The light I saw near the dogs moved from right to left for about 2 or 3 feet and then it was gone. Again, I don't know what it was, but It was cool and amazing!

I do believe, however, that there are things that occur that can't be explained by science or otherwise.

Orbs are mostly likey dust particals and in the UFO`s cases refrective lights in the skies, however to film in a dark room with no light comming in and in see a Orb darting here and there , one wonders:)

WTH! I wrote a topic about this VERY thing! Citing scientific findings and protocols and my topic was closed by the powers that be. This REALLY angers me!!!!

however to film in a dark room with no light comming in and in see a Orb darting here and there , one wonders:)

Has that happened? Got a link to such video?

Orbs are mostly likey dust particals and in the UFO`s cases refrective lights in the skies, however to film in a dark room with no light comming in and in see a Orb darting here and there , one wonders:)

Has the camera/camcorder had its IR focus illuminator disabled?

Has the camera/camcorder had its IR focus illuminator disabled?

One of my webcams has these. It's incredible how those seemingly dim LEDs fill the room up with tons of IR light. It's even more incredible how much crap is flying around the room and gets lit up. It makes the room look haunted.

I wonder why these spirits choose to manifest as orb-shaped, whereas others appear as they were when alive.

One of my webcams has these. It's incredible how those seemingly dim LEDs fill the room up with tons of IR light. It's even more incredible how much crap is flying around the room and gets lit up. It makes the room look haunted.

I was guilty of typing while multitasking (work!), I meant to say has the camera/camcorder had its IR focus assist and/or illuminator disabled?

You are of course correct, camcorder night-vision requires IR illumination; if anyone has images/footage of orbs with a camera/camcorder with all flash and/or IR emitters disabled then that would be worth further study.

• 3 months later...

There are folks that believe the earth is flat and the moon landings are fake. There are folks that believe the world trade center and the Alfred P. Murrah building were controlled demolitions conspired by the government. While I remain open to the possibility of ghosts, I have yet to see any convincing evidence that stands up to scientific scrutiny. Out of focus dust, snow, rain, insects, lens flair or reflections are not evidence of ANYTHING paranormal!

I forgot to say that I live in New Jersey, it is January 2013, so there are no fireflies this time of year, they are yellowish green here. When I had the migraine I could still see the squiggly line when my eyes were closed. The light I saw near the dogs moved from right to left for about 2 or 3 feet and then it was gone. Again, I don't know what it was, but It was cool and amazing!

I do believe, however, that there are things that occur that can't be explained by science or otherwise.

Here are some fascinating first-hand accounts.

Unusual Experiences with Lighting includes many strange reports, including these two accounts:

• In January 1984, ball lightning measuring about 4 inches in diameter entered a Russian passenger aircraft and, according to the Russian news release, "flew above the heads of the stunned passengers. In the tail section of the airliner, it divided into two glowing crescents which then joined together again and left the plane almost noiselessly." The ball lightning left two holes in the plane.
  • A "ball of sparks" about the size of a basketball entered a commercial aircraft, apparently through an engine airtake, moved into the fuselage, and proceeded to chase a flight attendant up and down the aisle. She was screaming as she tried to outrun the ball lightning. It dissipated quickly before striking her.

Glenn R. Frazier relates at incident at his grandfather's cottage in upstate Pennsylvania:

• "I was sitting on a screened porch. I remember a brilliant flash of lightning and a large clap of thunder. Seconds later, my mother screamed. My grandfather and I turned to look in through the doorway and saw what looked like a ball of electricity coming down the hallway from the back door. It was about the size of a basketball and had an off-yellow kind of haze. It sounded like a large stream of water coming through a faucet. When it got to the kitchen area, it flickered and flashed a little brighter, and then was gone."

Bill Melfi was on vacation on a small farm in Tennessee when he had this experience:

• "I saw two balls of light, one about three feet and the other about four feet in diameter. They were glowing with a blue-green light that was about as bright as a 50-watt bulb and translucent as a balloon. They moved side by side, the larger one leading. The movement was quick and somewhat zigzag. I chased after it with a stick in hand, but they were faster than me. They didn't break up, just disappeared in the woods."

Above are just word of mouth stories.....

what about the orbs that yuou can see with the naked eye?

i see you are happy.. i ll let you be happy . ignorance is sometimes a good thing .. in your case it is ..

after researching for 15 years eh ? and you come up with this? nice :D

congratulations.

for me i know most orbs are ghost .i dont need years of research to try and debunk it

.and offcours 15 years is alot of time to waste. ... and you know why? because i have seen them with the naked eye .

a few seconds before that,i saw a ghost ..it turned into an orb.. soo i BELIEVE .

not everyone can win the jackpot you know.. tongue.gif maybe you should do some research about orbs that can be seen with the naked eye .. tongue.gif i hope it wont take a lifetime for you to come up with something,

Magic Mushrooms will do this :tu:

The problem i think with orbs is that paranormal investigators don't have any explination about how a spirit would show up as a orb. its an energy! What? Explain your reasoning come on now.

Orbs are part of the supernatural. I believe orbs to be the Holy Spirit.

Again you express belief, but offer nothing as evidence, let alone proof.

Why does the Holy Spirit always show up when I take photos while it's snowing?

dsc0179pls.jpg

dsc0184tu.jpg

• Like 1