Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To those who criticized the French

Clarakore

Remember Freedom Fries? The neo-cons who hated our French allies so much they renamed French fries? I believe they owe the French an apology after watching their actions against Islamic radlcalism.

I also propose in honor of the French and their noble actions that we rename them back to Freedom Fries! This time in honor of the French and their fight for Freedom.

You know fellow Americans we are not the only ones fighting terrorism. So are Russia, China, and a host of others. In the end the major powers also have to decide how to treat their previous colonies.

Terrorism is a unique feature of post-colonialism. It is began by lack of jobs and access to brides. That will always lead to war, in every nation, return their economy, quit allowing dictators of your choosing to rule and quit calling popular elected leaders dictators because you disagree with the will of their people, support the people when they rise, and after when they take power, do it in your own country too, quit pretending Iran, China, or Russia is the sole problem in the world when we are one too.

Edited by I believe you
  • Like 1

hmmm, Terrorism can be defeated as quickly as that? So once they've achieved Victory, they can pull out and leave the Malians to a brighter future? Who will guarantee that this brighter future will be the way the West would like? Egypt and Libya don't seem to set too promising an example. Or might they find it's easier to get into something, and proclaim that you're Defeating Terror, than it is to actually defeat it so tidily? I would say best of luck to them, if there weren't so many regrettable precedents that suggest that this might not actually be the wisest thing to do.

Sorry to be a wet blanket. :no:

• Like 1

Lol Russia?! Yeah, THEY'RE the good guys... God, they just loved it when Bush started the war on terror, so they could continue to get away with mass murder against the Chechnyans, all in the name of a 'War on Terror'. The crimes against humanity carried out by Russia against the Chechnyans is astounding. If a country treated my or your people like that, damn right we'd turn to 'terrorism'.

Edit: And I highly doubt the French don't have some other interest in this ex-colony country. I don't know the details, but I'd be willing to bet that they're financially tied to the country in a fairly substantial way. We don't go to war for humanitarian reasons in the West. I've yet to see one example where we went to war simply to help out civilians. Sure, we love to claim so, but the reality is very different.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

hmmm, Terrorism can be defeated as quickly as that? So once they've achieved Victory, they can pull out and leave the Malians to a brighter future? Who will guarantee that this brighter future will be the way the West would like? Egypt and Libya don't seem to set too promising an example. Or might they find it's easier to get into something, and proclaim that you're Defeating Terror, than it is to actually defeat it so tidily? I would say best of luck to them, if there weren't so many regrettable precedents that suggest that this might not actually be the wisest thing to do.

Sorry to be a wet blanket. :no:

A lot of people said Egypt would go down hill but they are doing ok and Libya is slowly getting better

A lot of people said Egypt would go down hill but they are doing ok and Libya is slowly getting better

By what standard? The fact there isn't open insurrection in the street (yet)? They seem to have traded a vicious tyrant for a potentially worse one. Ask the poor mother and HER CHILDREN who have been sentenced to prison for years - just for a religious choice. Yeah..Egypt's doing fine.....

Remember Freedom Fries? The neo-cons who hated our French allies so much they renamed French fries? I believe they owe the French an apology after watching their actions against Islamic radlcalism.

I also propose in honor of the French and their noble actions that we rename them back to Freedom Fries! This time in honor of the French and their fight for Freedom.

You know fellow Americans we are not the only ones fighting terrorism. So are Russia, China, and a host of others. In the end the major powers also have to decide how to treat their previous colonies.

Terrorism is a unique feature of post-colonialism. It is began by lack of jobs and access to brides. That will always lead to war, in every nation, return their economy, quit allowing dictators of your choosing to rule and quit calling popular elected leaders dictators because you disagree with the will of their people, support the people when they rise, and after when they take power, do it in your own country too, quit pretending Iran, China, or Russia is the sole problem in the world when we are one too.

I appreciate what they have STARTED. I hope we in the US give what support we can and are faithful to continue it long term if needed. This isn't just a battle for the French, it's about global freedom. Everywhere, every time these purveyors of religious hate gather they should be attacked and dispersed. It is a task that has fallen to this generation and those going forward until the threat is eradicated by arms or sanity.

... well, as long as you don't mind being ruled by the Muslim Brotherhood, i suppose .... :-/

Lol Russia?! Yeah, THEY'RE the good guys... God, they just loved it when Bush started the war on terror, so they could continue to get away with mass murder against the Chechnyans, all in the name of a 'War on Terror'. The crimes against humanity carried out by Russia against the Chechnyans is astounding. If a country treated my or your people like that, damn right we'd turn to 'terrorism'.

And your knowledge of present day reality in Caucasus? your knowledge of the history? your understanding of why Chechen population were moved in WWII? your understanding of Beria and Stalin and the blood feuds amongst Caucasians? your knowledge of massacres of Russians carried out by Dudayev even before first Chechen war? Did you know about large Wahabist forces in Chechnyar? Do you know anything apart from tired old propaganda from the country that gives shelter to Islamist terrorists and wanted criminals. That will be the UK by the way. I wonder, were you laughing about Nord-Ost and Beslan?

Edit so add that you say "War on terror" was used as excuse, so, when did "war on terror" start, and what are dates for first and second Chechen war?

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri
  • Like 1

I could Google the dates and info to try to present myself as knowledgeable on the subject, but I just don't care enough to get into a debate. What I know is that the Russian's massacred the Chechnyans just over a decade ago, and did so, unchallenged. But I digress, I'll read up some more on the subject at some point before posting on it again.

And I was referring to the reboot of the War on Terror that has now been adopted by almost all Western nations it seems. Not the one started in the 80s to further U.S. financial goals.

but I just don't care enough to get into a debate.

Then why post the very ill informed insults in the first place......

Then why post the very ill informed insults in the first place......

First, show me one part of my post that contained an insult of any kind (there isn't one).

Second, show me where my post was factually inaccurate. Russia did bombard a city with artillery for a prolonged period of time, effectively massacring the population. You can be of the opinion that Russia are somehow the 'good guys', but that would be an opinion, similar to my opinion shown in my sarcastic comment on the subject. Regardless, wrong by the Chechnyans in the past does not justify wrong by the Russians in the more recent past.

As a general rule I don't waste time watching videos unless I am given a detailed description of the video first. And as another general rule, I don't tend to take too much of videos as gospel since I was burned by Zeitgeist.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

I remember a time not too long ago when democrats pretended like they hated neocons.

Then a presidential election happened, a democrat won, and within months they got in line and almost unanimously endorsed the ideology. When the son of the founder of Neoconservatism himself gives high praise to "born again neocon" Barack Obama, I think we all learned pretty quickly how useless democrats are to their own alleged values. If W was still President, I Believe You's post would be loved by half the posters here. Now it barely even gets noticed.

I remember a time not too long ago when democrats pretended like they hated neocons.

Then a presidential election happened, a democrat won, and within months they got in line and almost unanimously endorsed the ideology. When the son of the founder of Neoconservatism himself gives high praise to "born again neocon" Barack Obama, I think we all learned pretty quickly how useless democrats are to their own alleged values. If W was still President, I Believe You's post would be loved by half the posters here. Now it barely even gets noticed.

how do you mean? Praise of the French for (potentially) making the same mistake as Bush & Blair would be loved? What does what the French do have to do with neocons and Dems?

how do you mean? Praise of the French for (potentially) making the same mistake as Bush & Blair would be loved? What does what the French do have to do with neocons and Dems?

Well what do the French have to do with Freedom Fries for that matter?

Well what do the French have to do with Freedom Fries for that matter?

i think the sentiment was that the French were standing up for Freedom, wasn't it?

• Like 1

i think the sentiment was that the French were standing up for Freedom, wasn't it?

Which brings us to the connection with the neocons. The neocon sentiment was that the French were not being helpful, that's why their name was stripped from our food. These were neocons who changed the name on the DC menus. Avid supporters of the Iraq war post-9/11. At least until one got busted and the other had an epiphany of the truth.

Oh yes the noble french military, defending french companies rights to profit in african countries. Get real.

Edit so add that you say "War on terror" was used as excuse, so, when did "war on terror" start, and what are dates for first and second Chechen war?

The war on terror actually started in 1986 when terrorist bombed a barracks full of US marines in beruit.

The war on terror actually started in 1986 when terrorist bombed a barracks full of US marines in beruit.

And that kid plays a first person shooter with baseball bats?

And that kid plays a first person shooter with baseball bats?

Why did this get here?

Yo Saru, Bug!

Rather US centric...... In 1985 4 Soviet diplomats were held hostage by Islamist terrorists in Beirut. Situation succesfully liquidated by Alpha Group using "extreme predudice"

• Like 1

Rather US centric...... In 1985 4 Soviet diplomats were held hostage by Islamist terrorists in Beirut. Situation succesfully liquidated by Alpha Group using "extreme predudice"

So either way the war on terror precedes both chechan wars.

Edit for, you sound like Lt. Checkov of Star Trek always outdoing America feats with prior Russian feats. :yes: Next tell me which Russian sci-fi TV program did what star trek did only better and the sereotype is complete :tsu:

Edited by OverSword

So either way the war on terror precedes both chechan wars.

Edit for, you sound like Lt. Checkov of Star Trek always outdoing America feats with prior Russian feats. :yes: Next tell me which Russian sci-fi TV program did what star trek did only better and the sereotype is complete :tsu:

Zvezdi Put, to give Star Trek it's original Russian name, was shown on Soviet TV in 1962. There were real aliens in the show, from Tunguska ship, though nobody realised, and all is still shrouded in secrecy. However, US spies stole idea for what became inferior capitalist carbage Star Trek, and US$ have made sure nobody knows about original Soviet show.

Besides, without Tsiolkovskiy there would never have been Roddenbury imagining what he did, or Von Braun........