Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Sensitivity to Spirits

Wolfman 1993

I've posted before about my experiences with spirits. In the house I grew up in, I had encounters with spirits all the time I grew up. I moved out after graduating, but just recently moved back in. Last night, when I got home from work, I fell asleep right away. I woke up at about 3:00 am due to a feeling like a change in atmosphere. I looked around my room, then fell back asleep. This morning when I woke up, I got a call from my parents, who wanted to complain about me "getting home at 3:00 am", when they heard the door open and shut, but thats just it. I was in bed sleeping. What ever happened at 3:00 am was enough to wake me up in my bedroom, which is incredibly distant from the front door. it's beginning to seem like activity there will dull when I'm not around, but will happen more frequently when I'm there.

• Like 1

Very creepy indeed, do you think maybe something has attached itself to you? Maybe you should do some EVP work.

Very creepy indeed, do you think maybe something has attached itself to you? Maybe you should do some EVP work.

I like that idea. I've got a few ghost hunting devices in my Amazon shopping cart that I plan on ordering soon. Plan to break out the EVP listener and see what they've been trying to say.

I'd love to hear what you get. :yes:

I'd love to hear what you get. :yes:

if I can, I might try to set it up like an interview, and post the questions and answers here :)

Sounds great! Would be cool if you got some EVP's.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait what? You can buy ghost hunting tools from amazon? Think about that for a second before you swipe that debit card....You can build stuff that works "just as good" considering no one has ever caught or monitored a ghost with any device.

I suggest using two spatulas, make a chicken wire mesh between them, then attach a 9 volt battery and a couple of red diode lights. If one light goes off, probably a ghost, two lights most likely a demon, if no lights then probably shadowpeople cuz negative energy and all that.

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wolfman, Have you managed to get anything with the activity in your home....Would be very interesting if you managed to catch anything.....Its strange why things seem to happen around 3 am, as that's when I seem to have activity to....Mmmmmm wonder if there is a reason for most spirit activity happening at night :huh:

• 4 months later...

I am the same, almost every houses I moved into tend to be haunted, either by friendly or negative spirits. I have countless experiences in the old Victorian style houses and modern houses, one of them was pretty scary. One night when I was having a bath, suddenly the bath room door was slammed and locked by it self, then the hot water tap turning slowly as I could see it turning, so I got closer to it to investigate but I felt suddenly got chilled down my spine, even I had really warm bath. I felt paralyzed and yelled to my partner, but he couldn't open the door because it was locked from inside, so he had to kicked the door open. He said that I looked like just seeing a ghost, as my face looked pale. He removed me from the bath, and asked me what had happened in the bath room, so I told him about it. Some other night on Friday night in the same place, I went to bed around 10 pm as I felt a bit tired from drinking two glasses of wine. My partner at the time, he attended to the party of his friend's and left around 10.30 pm. I felt asleep within 20 minutes or so. Suddenly, I got woken up by the front door as it slammed really hard, I knew it wasn't windy or anything as we hardly get any gusty wind at that place. I heard the footsteps travelling to hall way, kitchen area, lounge end then finally stopped outside my bed room. I yelled at my partner which I thought it was him and must've forgotten something. I got up and investigate every where...unfortunately nothing to be found but deadly eerie silence in every rooms. So I had to jump back in my bed and cover my self with a blanket, turned the TV on just to keep me calm, so I nodded off to sleep. Around 30 minutes later I heard the same thing all over again, this time I didn't get up or calling my partner, but kept my ears and eyes open, this really freaked me out because my bed room door opened by it self slowly then I heard the footsteps and it stopped just on the edge of my bed, I was so scared that I had to hide under the blanket, then I suddenly felt on the bed as someone sitting next to me as the bed sunk in. I was so scared almost beyond scared that strangely the feeling became progressing into surrender mode, and in the end I had no feeling of scared anymore. I asked who it was but I couldn't hear anything though. So I finally felt relaxed somehow and went back to sleep. Around 6-ish am I heard the door slammed but not that hard like previously, but I heard something different this time, it was my partner as he did a little singing to a song. I told him all about it, but he said that there was no ghost in the house, in fact I later on after we broke up and moved away from each other many months later, he said that he lied about a ghost, and he too had some weird experiences there, before I was in the picture. Apparently there was an old Russian guy dead in the bath due to heart attack. Scary huh :-)

Ps: Maybe you should try to capture an activity on camera, or communicate to it, and don't be scared. Now I am not scared of the ghost anymore, as I had too many encounters.

Edited by Mindscanner

I totally know what you mean, I'm quite sensitive to spirits too - my face flushes and I get get hungry even after one drink :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like that idea. I've got a few ghost hunting devices in my Amazon shopping cart that I plan on ordering soon. Plan to break out the EVP listener and see what they've been trying to say.

Just be careful not to pay twice the price of something because it has a cool ghost name on it. If want an Audio recorder or an EMF detector just go to any store online or not that sells electronic stuffs. Though they may serve you to dectect a ghost's presence these are devices used by anyone, from a boss in a job interview to an electrician.

Good luck!

Nice story by the way, I guess that's another tale of someone sensitive, spirits may be drawn to you for that reason.

Don't take any risk!

Edited by sam_comm

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't be that you or someone else left the door ajar when you returned home, the wind blew it open (change in atmospheric pressure), and then slammed it shut startling both you and your parents from your slumber.

Nope. Must be haints going to visit friends.