Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Neanderthal to be born to surrogate mother?

Saru

Oh great. We can't find "Bigfoot" so we'll create one instead. :passifier:

• Like 4

Oh great. We can't find "Bigfoot" so we'll create one instead. :passifier:

And Nessy.

• Like 1

Its true.. honestly.. what are they using, 30,000 year old sperm? even in the frozen state there. There still brain degrade.. or more specifically neural degrade. No point in doing it. Might as well just decode the Stationary an "civilized" species codes and documentations.. Posibly even the traveling neanderthals co allignment between the two human species aquiature and documentation.. No reason for pulling a fake and acting like all is ok.

Wow. If there were using sperm it would just be a surrogate mother. It wouldn't be cloning. You should look up what cloning really is...

Wow. If there were using sperm it would just be a surrogate mother. It wouldn't be cloning. You should look up what cloning really is...

Theyre thinking bout using a surrogate mother?? I know what cloning is im not stupid.. I also know its illegal.. unless something has changed in the past.. 2 years since iv been in school. Fairly odd you didnt notice they said there thinking of surrogating. Saying there cloning is like saying there just gonna take its DNA and do a super Stem cell Production.. That would be so awkward.. Playing God. Even though it is A Clone.. But still being said.. They mentioned Surrogating. in this article..

I have a stronger question for you.. Do you even know how surrogates work?? or maybe the egg and sperm in a tube until at a rype age where they insert into the woman to grow at a NORMAL process.. so you answered nothing for me.. They could still be using Sperm.. You should look up cloning.. There millions of ways apparently... Still iIlegal.

But I got to admit. With the Crazy ass Stem Cell Research they got going on.. I bet they could turn hair or some skin or whatever into straight up sperm.. Bunch of weirdos.. But it still comes to my point of, It defeats the purpose of gaining the facts..

Edited by KainFall

Silly question. Of course it would have to be a surrogate mother. If they were using an actual Neanderthal mother, there wouldn't be much point to all that cloning, would there?

If they're successful we are looking at the future president of the NRA.

• Like 1

Silly question. Of course it would have to be a surrogate mother. If they were using an actual Neanderthal mother, there wouldn't be much point to all that cloning, would there?

If they're successful we are looking at the future president of the NRA.

Go where? doing what? With who? ah yeh of course. lol. Not only will it be the future president of the NRA but A national Professional World Game hunter, Im sure.. Cause well... I was taught in school that the neanderthal were wandering creatures who thought that the other human species, of whom set up settlements and relied on knowledge.. were weak.. and tryed to kill them.. all the time... sooooo uh.. "Looks around" Yeah pretty much. New Hitler of our age I presume.

No, no, no, no, no. Idiotic idea. Leave the past where it is.

• Like 1

This should be sung to the mother of that neanderthal...

Of all the Worlds shortcomings this is the best THEY can come up with . Praise be to THEM who should have been flushed at birth .

Didn't we just absorb the Neanderthal population? If that is the case I am sure I have seen some people that fit the Neanderthal profile very well and are more than capable of birthing a Neanderthal child without the ethical hang ups. ;)

• Like 2

Seems like an extraordinarily bad idea to me. It would be like purposefully growing a Downs Child, or purposefully causig autism in a child. This would be a person, not an animal. It even stinks of Eugenics, since that neanderthal would eventually be forced (maybe not forced...) to have children of its own. And those peoples might be as smart as us, but stronger, or live longer, or something and then everyone will wonder if it is genetic and if Their Own test tube kids can have the same. Celebrities/Rich today already pick and chose genetic markers for thier kids.

Edited by DieChecker

Seems like an extraordinarily bad idea to me. It would be like purposefully growing a Downs Child, or purposefully causig autism in a child. This would be a person, not an animal. It even stinks of Eugenics, since that neanderthal would eventually be forced (maybe not forced...) to have children of its own. And those peoples might be as smart as us, but stronger, or live longer, or something and then everyone will wonder if it is genetic and if Their Own test tube kids can have the same. Celebrities/Rich today already pick and chose genetic markers for thier kids.

i think the point of bringing it back is to rebuild the population and what's so bad about that? As humans we have decimated many species unknowingly and on purpose i think its time we take up responsibility as a sentient species.

We had dire wolves, giant bears, smilodons, ground sloths, mammoths, cheetahs, giant flightless birds and lots of other mega fauna in the Americas and yet, I don't think it a good idea to bring any of those back either.

Suppose science creates 2000 neanderthals. Where do they go? Who is going to govern them? How do you keep them on their Reservation? How are they going to get money?

Suppose they can easily speak English, or German, or Korean... whatever... and it turns out they are intelligent and want to be part of the world, then what? Just let them mingle back into society? Perhaps... but then doesn't that counter the entire reason for the experiment at all? Suppose then they want to intermarry with the "Regular" humans? Will their be laws to forbid that? Will they have full Rights in the nation they live in?

It is just a very big Can of Worms, with little to gain. Bring back a couple might be science worthy, but then so is any number of genetic experiments that are generally forbidden for many reasons.

They are gone and it would be the more moral thing to do to leave them that way.

i think the point of bringing it back is to rebuild the population and what's so bad about that? As humans we have decimated many species unknowingly and on purpose i think its time we take up responsibility as a sentient species.

These species died out long ago for a reason. (Survival of the Fittest). To quote very famous movie: "Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

These species died out long ago for a reason. (Survival of the Fittest). To quote very famous movie: "Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

Isn't that how some of the better Sci-Fi and Horror movies start out?? :yes:

What a sad idea and for all the costs and troubles, the creature would be treated like a specimen on a microscope petrie dish and paraded around for the media like a circus freak.

Science can do much better things than this! Its wrong and immoral.

• Like 2

haha!

well IMO this actually happening any time in the foreseeable future would be politically nearly impossible with attitudes surrounding such a thing, and with major concerns about human rights coming into play.

This is after all, an era of political obsession with human rights (as it should be).

Cloning animals may have happened, but cloning a near human - especially what may well be a 'retarded' human - is way too contentious and would probably even fall under legislation, or would cause the modification of legislation, concerning the cloning of humans.

And the first neanderthal was born a week later.

Edited by ad hoc

I am curious. I have no problem with diversity, and this is indeed increased diversity. It is interesting enough now, with so many humans on the planet, so many facets. I honestly do not know if this would be good or bad, but it is a curious ideal to ponder. I like many races on the planet, each has something special to share. And the diversity in looks is fascinating.

I am indifferent. I'd like to see if they actually mange to get this one across the line. There would be heavy opposition. I wonder how such would be justified?

Didn't we just absorb the Neanderthal population? If that is the case I am sure I have seen some people that fit the Neanderthal profile very well and are more than capable of birthing a Neanderthal child without the ethical hang ups. ;)

My first husband had a super orbital ridge, yes I think they were absorbed and their features continue to this day.

• Like 1

Isn't that how some of the better Sci-Fi and Horror movies start out?? :yes:

Yup. And they are Sci-Fi and HORROR stories. We shouldn't be playing God IMO

There was a thread a while back that redheads were supposedly descendants of Neanderthals, so yes, they were absorbed as far as that goes.
  • Like 1

Well, if you have seen the facial reconstruct pictures they did of neanderthals, in all honesty, they would not look much different then anyone else walking down the street. Nevertheless, I kind of want to see if they can pull this off :w00t::whistle:

Museum-reconstruction-of--015.jpg
  • Like 1