Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fox 'tried to drag away 3-year-old on sledge'

Still Waters

The wild animal crept up to Alfie Whitelock as he played in the garden of his home in daylight, before pouncing.

It locked its jaws around the child's boot as he screamed and pulled him along the ground, a newspaper reported.

But Alfie's father Lee Whitelock, 32, then ran to the rescue and chased off the fox. The animal then made a second lunge at the pair from behind.

http://www.telegraph...-on-sledge.html

Something not right about this. Surely the fox was starving or had something wrong with it. I see fox's a lot round here (I live int he city) and they are far too scared to come near humans. I seen a beautiful one a few months back and it stood looking at me and my housemate for a few seconds, had a lovely fluffy face. lol I think we where in it's way so it bolted and then flanked around us.

They aren't bad at all, it's use that are the problem. We are taking away it's habitat and ruining the countryside ecosystem etc. Just like with Bears, coyotes and other animals in the US.

Sounds like the fox was straving to attack a human. But you humans keep building on our lands and killing us off.

Yeah right! As much as I hate those furry-arsed little thugs, the only scenario I can imagine is that the fox was rabid, but 'La Rage' is one unwanted immigrant the EU hasn't been able to force the UK to accept (yet)!

BTW, both of those 'Related Articles' - 2010 and 2011 were subsequently proved to be mistaken identity.

Fox 'tried to drag away 3-year-old on sledge'

What I've always said, you cant trust Fox News.

Now they started with kidnapping as well.

• Like 3

What I've always said, you cant trust Fox News.

Now they started with kidnapping as well.

Still on the ball then I see, EllJay? s11917.gif

Something not right about this. Surely the fox was starving or had something wrong with it. I see fox's a lot round here (I live int he city) and they are far too scared to come near humans. I seen a beautiful one a few months back and it stood looking at me and my housemate for a few seconds, had a lovely fluffy face. lol I think we where in it's way so it bolted and then flanked around us.

They aren't bad at all, it's use that are the problem. We are taking away it's habitat and ruining the countryside ecosystem etc. Just like with Bears, coyotes and other animals in the US.

We have one that pops in our back garden every night on his rounds, the wife leaves him a wonky chomp dog chew out every night lol

• Like 1

Apparently dad took images while this was going on... http://www.thesun.co...g-him-away.html

"George, there's a fox tryin' to eat our Alfie!!!!"

"Yes dear, I know. I'm tryin' to photograph its best side!"

• Like 4

Apparently dad took images while this was going on... http://www.thesun.co...g-him-away.html

Heh, we just saw our first fox out here this morning. It was a lovely creature. We live rural, so it's kind of nice to see one sometimes.

That's strange, in the daylight as well. If this was somewhere like the US, people would put that down to rabies.

That's strange, in the daylight as well. If this was somewhere like the US, people would put that down to rabies.

I thought that too, rabies or other condition, or perhaps in extreme, starvation. But then where I have lived there wasn't ever an urban fox problem. It was coyotes or dogs mostly around me. And some of them really were fearless, so maybe urban foxes could learn to become fearless too?

I thought that too, rabies or other condition, or perhaps in extreme, starvation. But then where I have lived there wasn't ever an urban fox problem. It was coyotes or dogs mostly around me. And some of them really were fearless, so maybe urban foxes could learn to become fearless too?

I think it's possible, I've nerver seen a fearless one though. I find it strange personally from seeing more than the average person.

The wild animal crept up to Alfie Whitelock as he played in the garden of his home in daylight, before pouncing.

It locked its jaws around the child's boot as he screamed and pulled him along the ground, a newspaper reported.

But Alfie's father Lee Whitelock, 32, then ran to the rescue and chased off the fox. The animal then made a second lunge at the pair from behind.

http://www.telegraph...-on-sledge.html

Maybe toddlers just taste very good?

We have one that pops in our back garden every night on his rounds, the wife leaves him a wonky chomp dog chew out every night lol

Not a good idea to feed wildlife. They get habituated to humans and that is when someone who doesn't know what is going on like a kid gets bit.

Surely the fox was starving or had something wrong with it.

Nonsense. Foxes can be very nasty, as anyone who lives in the country will tell you.

Other people who will confirm that are the couple in Hampstead who, in 2010, wondered into their baby daughters' bedroom to find them being mauled by a fox.

Unfortunately, since Labour's ban on foxhunting in 2005, which I have never agreed with, such attacks by foxes on humans are becoming more common as their numbers continue to spiral upwards.

LIke the smoking in pubs ban, it is one Labour policy which should be reversed.

I see fox's a lot round here (I live int he city) and they are far too scared to come near humans.

City foxes are very tame. They see humans all the time all around them so they aren't afraid.

it's use that are the problem.

Yet more anti-human tripe.

When a fox wonders into someone's garden and tries to eat a three-year-old child, or when one wonders into two baby girls' bedroom and mauls them in their beds, then it is the FOX which is the problem, not the human.

We are taking away it's habitat

And where do you think humans' natural habitat is? The seas and oceans? The sky? Mars?

No, it's land on Earth. We are not taking the fox's habitat. It's OUR habitat.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

There is nothing weird or sick going on at all with these foxes.

Here we have a very hungry fox, and we have a juicy, defenseless toddler.

We humans tend to forget that we are considered to be as much prey as the next bird, deer, or whatever other animal.

There is nothing weird or sick going on at all with these foxes.

Here we have a very hungry fox, and we have a juicy, defenseless toddler.

We humans tend to forget that we are considered to be as much prey as the next bird, deer, or whatever other animal.

So what do you want us to do? Just stand by and let foxes eat our kids?

So what do you want us to do? Just stand by and let foxes eat our kids?

Club his fkg head in, what do yo think?

Club his fkg head in, what do yo think?

That's what any parent would do if they saw their baby being attacked by a fox. If I saw a fox mauling a child I'd kick the fox's head in, too.

Or, at least, that's what a normal, caring parent would do, but not one of those weird Friends of the Earth-type parents who would rather see their baby mauled to death than see poor Foxy Woxy get hurt.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun