Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you want to know when the world ends?

Professor T

Would you want to know when the world ends?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to know when the world ends?

• Yes, I would want to know the exact time and date.
    • No, I would not want to know till it happens
    • Neither, Speculating & leading others into doom & gloom is fun

So, just wondering.

Would you want to know when the end of the world comes? And why or why not?

Edited by Professor T

I won't derail with my beliefs that it really doesn't - technically - but I wouldn't want to know day and hour. I think it is easier to have hope and to keep striving when the end game is unknown. At least, when the battle is difficult and our faith is being tested. Strengthening faith through trials is an important thing to me. It's no fun, but neither is running or weight lifting :yes:

Great question.

I haven't answered the survey yet though. I can't decide.

It would depend as well i think. Like circumstances etc.

If it was instant then most likely no, because sometimes ignorance is bliss. But then i would like to say by to my loved ones and go out of my way to spend time with them.

If it was long and suffering then yes, if it was too horrible then I think the choice of suicide would be nice.

Such a difficult thing to consider.

• Like 2

Yes. It would be interesting to see the immortality complex of mankind vanish as we grow closer to the end...and I get to say "If I'm going down, you're coming with me...just don't follow me though." :passifier:

I won't derail with my beliefs that it really doesn't - technically - but I wouldn't want to know day and hour. I think it is easier to have hope and to keep striving when the end game is unknown. At least, when the battle is difficult and our faith is being tested. Strengthening faith through trials is an important thing to me. It's no fun, but neither is running or weight lifting :yes:

Peoples beliefs are part & parcel to this.. I know yours already, but feel free to express them.

• Like 1

Peoples beliefs are part & parcel to this.. I know yours already, but feel free to express them.

I agree, the point of the forum is to discuss all experiences and avenues. So you shouldn't hold back. :tu:

It would depend on who told me the news and under what circumstances and whether I believe them or not.

So basically, its a don`t know....yet.

• Like 1

Great question.

I haven't answered the survey yet though. I can't decide.

It would depend as well i think. Like circumstances etc.

If it was instant then most likely no, because sometimes ignorance is bliss. But then i would like to say by to my loved ones and go out of my way to spend time with them.

If it was long and suffering then yes, if it was too horrible then I think the choice of suicide would be nice.

Such a difficult thing to consider.

The Circumstances of the end could be anything at all.. It could be long and painful. It could be short and painless, either way would you want to know? I guess I'm wondering why so many threads exist here pertaining to the end of the world, so in a way I'm wondering why this facination in the End of the world? There is admitably a horrible facination in watching you-tube clips of meteor strikes, or ungodly alien invasions, or end time prophecies and angels blowing trumpets to herald the end and fire anfd brimstone falling from the skies..

Personally I think this facination if born of the innevitability of our own deaths, and in many cases it's become an industry packing lost's of $$$, lol.. As an industry though, it feeds on us suckers. And we support it and perpetuate it, and in one UM Members case, move their families to so-called safe zones were the waves wont get them, or the invasion forces wont go..

• Like 1

Give me about two months if it is going to be total destruction! There will be parties with people we love and don't get to see that often like we have never done before!

• Like 2

The Circumstances of the end could be anything at all.. It could be long and painful. It could be short and painless, either way would you want to know? I guess I'm wondering why so many threads exist here pertaining to the end of the world, so in a way I'm wondering why this facination in the End of the world? There is admitably a horrible facination in watching you-tube clips of meteor strikes, or ungodly alien invasions, or end time prophecies and angels blowing trumpets to herald the end and fire anfd brimstone falling from the skies..

Personally I think this facination if born of the innevitability of our own deaths, and in many cases it's become an industry packing lost's of $$$, lol.. As an industry though, it feeds on us suckers. And we support it and perpetuate it, and in one UM Members case, move their families to so-called safe zones were the waves wont get them, or the invasion forces wont go..

Oh I really don't know which I'd choose. lol

Yeah I've done it myself watching those videos. I agree it probably is the fact one day we all individually die. Hollywood cashes in on anything that us suckers find fascinating. Especially when we go through fads.

• Like 1

It would depend on who told me the news and under what circumstances and whether I believe them or not.

So basically, its a don`t know....yet.

Honestly.. Would it matter who delivered the message?

If Obama called a press conference and said "Hey guy's world will end in three days" Would everyone believe him?

Would the likes of Alex Jones or other 3rd party news sources support him in what he said? Within minutes.. no, seconds, his words would be rubished on the foums and in the news by every conspriacy theorist there is saying "No, no, this is a ploy to create commuter chaos and reduce population" or "Nah, false flag.. the hour will come, nothing will happen, then some GI joe Lance Armstrong will claim he's saved the world!"

Edited by Professor T

I would say yes so I can be sure I'm drunk when it happens. :innocent:

:lol: My doctor say's I'm not aloud to drink..

But what the hell, the end of the world would be a perfect oportunity to get plastered & suffer no hangover..

:lol: My doctor say's I'm not aloud to drink..

But what the hell, the end of the world would be a perfect oportunity to get plastered & suffer no hangover..

<<<World ends>>>>

"I drank so much, it didn't hurt. I didn't feel a thing." ;)

If you had the choice I'd still say none of the above!

Yes, I would want to know the exact time and date. Be very careful what you wish for you might get it!

It would be an awesome burden of knowing and who if any to share it.

No, I would not want to know till it happens

It doesn't matter when it happens because we should live each day as if it is the last anyway.

Neither, Speculating & leading others into doom & gloom is fun

I can't really agree with that one either because too much doom and gloom is not fun.

Although I must admit I laugh at speculations some really believe and then seem upset it doesn't happen!

Edited by White Unicorn

Honestly.. Would it matter who delivered the message?

If Obama called a press conference and said "Hey guy's world will end in three days" Would everyone believe him?

Would the likes of Alex Jones or other 3rd party news sources support him in what he said? Within minutes.. no, seconds, his words would be rubished on the foums and in the news by every conspriacy theorist there is saying "No, no, this is a ploy to create commuter chaos and reduce population" or "Nah, false flag.. the hour will come, nothing will happen, then some GI joe Lance Armstrong will claim he's saved the world!"

yes basically thats it...if some one told me the world would be ending because some ancient calender said so, (which the last one did not) then i would just sit back and read about it on forums like this.

if some god worshipping happy clappy guy said the world was ending soon because his gods told him so, then I would carry on as usual and book next years holiday.

If we saw some big glow in the distant night sky and NASA said it was heading towards us and was big enough to destroy our planet, then I would definately take that seriously.

I voted no, basically thinking I it would mean less time in fear/terror. But then the real fear would be suffering a lingering death so I'm kind of wishing I'd said yes, approaching it plastered sounds like a fair plan.

• Like 1

If you had the choice I'd still say none of the above!

Yes, I would want to know the exact time and date. Be very careful what you wish for you might get it!

It would be an awesome burden of knowing and who if any to share it.

No, I would not want to know till it happens

It doesn't matter when it happens because we should live each day as if it is the last anyway.

Neither, Speculating & leading others into doom & gloom is fun

I can't really agree with that one either because too much doom and gloom is not fun.

Although I must admit I laugh at speculations some really believe and then seem upset it doesn't happen!

So in other words ignorance is bliss & you wouldn't want to know..

• Like 1

Ok. Long story/short story....

Years ago I was aboad a jet that had a near fatal event at +30,000 ft.

Obviously I lived to tell the story.

Yeah, a few people were screaming, more like sobbing, I guess.

Lots of "gasps" . Anyway....

What I noticed about myself was than I went through just feeling terrified that "this is it" for me abount 2 seconds, because I thought death for all of us was inevitable.

Because of that, for some reason I quickly shifted fromj "fear" to "acceptance", like I said, in about 2 secs.

Anyway.... my fear completely went away, even as more people were "gasping" and sobbing.

Because I thought FOR SURE that we were all goner's.

Sorry for the long post.

I quess what I was trying to say is that, for me, a strong thought of certainty of death, in my weird head, causes me to believe in that "certainty" so much that I bypass most anxiety and go straight to a sureal state of "I don't care"

Total acceptance, I guess. Weird experience.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

What a cool post Pallidin.

I quess this gives you a unique perspective on the whole end of the World thing..

So, would you want to know? Or not?

Yeah, a few people were screaming, more like sobbing, I guess.

Lots of "gasps" . Anyway....

What I noticed about myself was than I went through just feeling terrified that "this is it" for me abount 2 seconds, because I thought death for all of us was inevitable.

Because of that, for some reason I quickly shifted fromj "fear" to "acceptance", like I said, in about 2 secs.

Anyway.... my fear completely went away, even as more people were "gasping" and sobbing.

Because I thought FOR SURE that we were all goner's.

Sorry for the long post.

I quess what I was trying to say is that, for me, a strong thought of certainty of death, in my weird head, causes me to believe in that "certainty" so much that I bypass most anxiety and go straight to a sureal state of "I don't care"

Total acceptance, I guess. Weird experience.

I've been through several things like that, I call it "living beyond my expiration date".

You live each day more abundantly focusing on what really matters in life.

I think some people have a purpose to fulfill before they can go!

If it's not your time, you aren't going to go no matter how you tempt fate!

It's like I get told you didn't do what you are meant to do yet...

when I do whatever it is, it will be finished and my body will be dust!

What a cool post Pallidin.

I quess this gives you a unique perspective on the whole end of the World thing..

So, would you want to know? Or not?

That's a really good question, and I guess it totally depends on the person.

For myself, I found that "knowing" actually gave me "peace"

Weird, huh?

• Like 1

I guess knowing a few minutes before the event would give a bit of peace..

But I wonder if knowing a few months from the event would have the safe effect?

If I knew the world would end in two months time... hmmmmmmmmmm, I'd be pretty annoyed to have two months of expectations to chew on.. Whereas knowing two minuites before the end would be, oh, bugger.. Umm, Errr, would it help if I go to the toilet first? Then bang!! the end..

I guess knowing a few minutes before the event would give a bit of peace..

But I wonder if knowing a few months from the event would have the safe effect?

If I knew the world would end in two months time... hmmmmmmmmmm, I'd be pretty annoyed to have two months of expectations to chew on.. Whereas knowing two minuites before the end would be, oh, bugger.. Umm, Errr, would it help if I go to the toilet first? Then bang!! the end..

Exactly!

I think there is a distinct differance in "2-minutes till you die when all was just fine before" versus, say, months of agony from a terminal illness, a war-torn nation(not knowing whether you are going to live or die), etc...

The "emotional torture" of prolonged thoughts of death(perhaps for weeks, months or a few years) is traumatic, so say the least.

What I experienced on that jet was very sudden.

We went straight through a massive thunder-head. "Turbulance" would be an understatement.

There were thunder-clouds all around us from what I could see out my window seat. Not sure if our pilot had much of an option.

The jet was not just going up and down, the horrific part was that it was being slamed from the left side to the right, to the left side again, etc...

It actually truly felt that the jet was going to snap in half. It was VERY powerful.

No-one got truly scared until this one stewardess sobbed.

Then everyone got scared.

It was really bad. I talked to a different pilot about a week later, and he said that it was a very dangerous situation in his opinion.

But again, I was completely surprised at how quickly I became so very calm. I think I just accepted that we were going to die.

BTW, the jet landed safely in Salt Lake, Utah, originating from Texas.

I think a few minor passenger injuries, though nothing special. We were sealtbelted as we went through the thunder-head.

• Like 1

Actually the end of the world will be visible in advance to humans, they will have couple of days to prepare and meet the inevitable. And sure, alcohol will be hard sought commodity, although i don't see any viable way to profit from that information :D