Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

David Attenborough-Humans are plague on Earth

Still Waters

i thought the flagellants disappeared centuries ago.

Unfortunately those in denial did not :tu:

Only denial of the analysis of multiple ecosystems in decline and the depletion of soil, water and fuel resources could allow such a state of blissful optimism.

"It'll be grand" (as they said in Ireland before the economy imploded under the weight of its own bull****).

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

"It'll be grand" (as they said in Ireland before the economy imploded under the weight of its own bull****).

Br Cornelius

Hahaha, that was a brilliant line.

D.A. is spot on. Here in the U.S. the Everglades is being encroached on by housing development. Forrest are felled in other parts of the country for the same reason. Woodlands are shrinking for farmland. And the population doubled it's size compared to the early 1960's.

As the population increases so does the likelihood of a worldwide pandemic and subsequent loss of population. Indeed, given the human's innate need to procreate and explore, it is unfortunate that we dropped the ball following the manned moon landings decades ago and never moved onto other planets that could be inhabited.

He is kinda right, the humans are destroying the earth killing extinct animals.

And killing each other.but. The earth will be here a lot longer then humans.

There are going to be too many humans and there arn't many choices to solve the problem but we can either limit chilred per person or something like that say 2 per person. Or colonise other planets which unfortunately we do not have the technology yet

Interesting conversation.

In relation to the talk of us being something despicable that should be purged from the planet-

To my mind, complex sentient emotional creatures are the most precious thing in the known universe, not specifically humans though, if there are alien species that fit or exceed that bill. But I only know of one, and that's us.

Within those creatures the universe becomes beautiful, poetic, amazing, all those things. Without such creatures there is no beauty, nothing to perceive it.

I can't think of anything more important than the universe perceiving itself and giving meaning to itself in the way that we do. But the real gem is not how we are now, it's what we have the potential to become when we start reworking ourselves. Something far more than the foggy-headed creatures that we currently are.

If I was given a choice between saving a human-free Earth, or having the planet completely destroyed and saving some humans with spaceships and bases good enough to take things forward, I'd choose the humans.

I really hope we do get off planet and set up shop in the rest of the solar system independent of Earth... (for Earth's sake as well) and presumably, eventually the stars. And I think it'll get there sooner or later IF things carry on as they have been...

but the real problem comes in if we completely screw our infrastructure before we've actually made any inroads into getting off planet... then things'll be tough, and we'll be in trouble.

Edited by ad hoc
  • Like 1

but the real problem comes in if we completely screw our infrastructure before we've actually made any inroads into getting off planet... then things'll be tough, and we'll be in trouble.

This is what David is really talking about. To develop such a sophisticated technology of exporation would require a concerted and coordinated whole planet effort which would be good to see. It will not happen if we are reduced to fighting each other over access to the last drop of clean water or extractable oil. We really need to kick these problems if the huge potential of the human race is to be realized. We have been sleepwalking into a disaster and its time we woke up and took some responsibility for our actions.

Br Cornelius

This is what David is really talking about. To develop such a sophisticated technology of exporation would require a concerted and coordinated whole planet effort which would be good to see. It will not happen if we are reduced to fighting each other over access to the last drop of clean water or extractable oil. We really need to kick these problems if the huge potential of the human race is to be realized. We have been sleepwalking into a disaster and its time we woke up and took some responsibility for our actions.

Br Cornelius

Yeah. And we've always had the annoying tendency to wait until it hits the fan to react... so I guess it's going to be a question of how deep into hot water we get before we start paddling. lol

Sir David Attenborough is 100% correct.

Only thoroughly greedy and brain dead people can not see the writing on the wall.

It is quite simple:

Anything that in Out of Balance can Not Work.

Edited by Hartmut
  • Like 1

Yeah. And we've always had the annoying tendency to wait until it hits the fan to react... so I guess it's going to be a question of how deep into hot water we get before we start paddling. lol

In my opinion we're already doing this, it's just difficult to percieve because we are still in our infancy. The human race is a ponderous. it's like turning an ocean going tanker, you start the turn miles out to sea because it's difficult to go against your momentum.

Sir David Attenborough is 100% correct.

Only thoroughly greedy and brain dead people can not see the writing on the wall.

It is quite simple:

Anything that in Out of Balance can Not Work.

Tell that to the ecosystems, they're still trying to balance things out, how are they still working? Ever since animals and plants came about, nature hasn't been in balance either, how does it work too?! Probably like magnets, with magic, right?

• Like 1

Tell that to the ecosystems, they're still trying to balance things out, how are they still working? Ever since animals and plants came about, nature hasn't been in balance either, how does it work too?! Probably like magnets, with magic, right?

I don't think that the statement that nature has not been in balance is quite accurate, were it not it would cease to exist as everything depends on everything. What has not happened so far is that nature was predictable at every stage everywhere. And that is not quite the same as not being balanced.

Humanity has got to remember that it is just one of billions of different species on this planet and it has no right or entitlement to flourish at the expense of other species or to the detriment of the natural world.

Thats a great thing to say! :tu:

I think we are more of a parasite....

Edited by MidKn13ght
  • Like 2

We have War to keep the Population in Check.

I don't think that the statement that nature has not been in balance is quite accurate, were it not it would cease to exist as everything depends on everything. What has not happened so far is that nature was predictable at every stage everywhere. And that is not quite the same as not being balanced.

'In flux' may be a better term?

• Like 2

Are we ready for space exploration though. We may go to outer-space but we will bring our bad habits with us. Even I want to go to outer-space but one must be benneficial to the space community. Sad to say, Im not so benneficial. There will be all-kinds of encounters of the 3rd kind going on and the question is, will they see us as a threat or welcome us. So far they've not made too many steps toward getting to know us one on one. I can see why. We are dirty, filthy beings, spiritually we stink to high heaven. War is inevitable, get ready for it. No one wants a war, not even I. But we do all live beyond our means. We as an american people have grown use to being lazy, eating un-healthy, and food for slacking off. But even still what we need is not war, but greater a greater spiritual revival to rally around.

• Like 1

Well thanks for that info, I always thought it was down to the want of power, greed, religious divides and sadistic tyrants. :innocent:

• Like 1

Not very effective - historically they represent mere blips on the steady upward trend. The technologies which we develop through War generally cause an increase in survival rates as an unexpected side effect.

The reality is that war is an atavistic throw back to our primitive genetic tendency to territoriality.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Its great to philosophize from a distance that we are just acting out our potentials and its all inevitable that we are in the state we are in, but the reality is that we have multiple dissimilar potentials. Why choose the worst possible outcome - when with thought and wisdom we could have the best possible outcomes.

I am in agreement that we are facing a spiritual and moral malaze and only through an act of collective consciousness raising can we hope to develop the wisdom to see us through to a better outcome. Its not impossible, but first we need to want it rather than the **** we currently live through.

Br Cornelius

'In flux' may be a better term?

Correct. Now, if the flux gets to be one sided then then the balance is disturbed tends to stop.

Well thanks for that info, I always thought it was down to the want of power, greed, religious divides and sadistic tyrants. :innocent:

That To.

• Like 1