Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lucky escape for 1 year old in car crash

Beckys_Mom

A one year old baby girl in Russia, has a miraculous escape after being involved in a car accident that saw her flung into the path of oncoming traffic

http://video.sky.com/news/related/57124/1/Lucky%20Escape%20For%20Car%20Crash%20Baby/true

I first saw the video footage on Sky News..Scary stuff...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

It was obviously a guardian angel.

The truck driver saw the baby and swerved out of the way.. That's what I saw anyway..

The truck driver saw the baby and swerved out of the way.. That's what I saw anyway..

sarcasm.jpg

P.S...I was being sarcastic...oddly enough though, no one has seriously said that answer yet.

a very lucky child

Not with a parent who drives like that!!

Saw this this morning when my husband showed me, the driver was overtaking the car in front, what sort of responsible adult is that? What an idiot, he should be banned for driving for life, not only did he put his family at risk, but also the lorry drivers.

Not with a parent who drives like that!!

The roads were icy.. And many have spun out of control in really bad icy roads .. It does happen..He may have been over taking a car ( we all do that on the moterway / freeway ) but the spinning was still an accident... I doubt he would have imagined that.. Although, I do see where you are coming from.. If on ice roads and you have a baby in the back, you take it easy... We all make mistakes, some more vital than others.. I hope this man learned a good lesson from it..I know I sure would have

Edited by Beckys_Mom

sarcasm.jpg

P.S...I was being sarcastic...oddly enough though, no one has seriously said that answer yet.

Not yet... There could still be those that will... I believe in angels myself, but that to me didn't look like some angel intervention..

The roads were icy.. And many have spun out of control in really bad icy roads .. It does happen..He may have been over taking a car ( we all do that on the moterway / freeway ) but the spinning was still an accident... I doubt he would have imagined that.. Although, I do see where you are coming from.. If on ice roads and you have a baby in the back, you take it easy... We all make mistakes, some more vital than others.. I hope this man learned a good lesson from it..I know I sure would have

I can understand why you say its not his fault because of the snow, yes he clipped the ice, but he was overtaking and should not have been in those sort of conditions, when he had children in the back and there was oncoming traffic, not only oncoming traffic but lorries. These sort of conditions can be fatal, so extreme care is needed, here is a similar situation but without children in the car and he was not overtaking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_otNBDMzFWI

but he was overtaking and should not have been in those sort of conditions, when he had children in the back and there was oncoming traffic, not only oncoming traffic but lorries.

I understand that, which is why I had mentioned to you in my previous post.....

Although, I do see where you are coming from.. If on ice roads and you have a baby in the back, you take it easy...

I was agreeing with you on that previously

It's happened to me on icy roads ( in 2010 ) and I wasn't going fast.. If anything, I was going slower thinking I was being careful.. But it was too much, I spun out of control and clipped another car.. It all happened so quickly..No one was hurt, and thankfully no real damage done.. But I have to admit, it was a bit scary, I was crapping myself lol.... I think for a good few months after that, when driving, I was like a stiff, you could see the whites of my knuckles at the wheel.... It goes to show you, that even if you are going at a steady pace, you can still wind up in a bit of an accident ...

My husbands car ( a few times ) would skid and slid a good bit when pulling out of our driveway.. Sometimes the ice can be your enemy...They used to gravel most of the roads over here, but the road I was on was clearly not done

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

The baby should have been in a baby seat, strapped in.

mentioned this with my husband, but as he pointed out, if you see the impact it has on the back of the car it may well have ripped it out.

Another point i would like to make it where this happened, have seen a couple of these now, not all so horrific, but they mainly seem to happen in places like Russia where they are more used to driving in these extreme conditions, so the chances are many will think they are so used to it, nothing can happen....unfortunately the icy roads say otherwise.

mentioned this with my husband, but as he pointed out, if you see the impact it has on the back of the car it may well have ripped it out.

seriously??? never ever ever ever ever heard of a child bein ripped out of a carseat durin a collision

• Like 1

If you read the story correctly, it was said the baby was thrown out of the car, as the car was going to crash, so the baby would escape

Must have been a crappy carseat. Either that or the impact was hard enough to rip the seat and toss the baby out. I'm thinking that they did not have the baby in the carseat correctly.

• Like 2

saw that video. Crazy lucky

seriously??? never ever ever ever ever heard of a child bein ripped out of a carseat durin a collision

Wow, how many collisions like this have you seen where the back end of the car gets ripped apart by a lorry?

Anyway, it seems the child was thrown out of the car, so more likely was not strapped in in the first place as I can not see how the parent had time to unstrap the child.

• Like 1

it seems the child was thrown out of the car, so more likely was not strapped in in the first place as I can not see how the parent had time to unstrap the child.

I agree with your husband, it could have been ripped out.. It may not have been a good enough car seat...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

I agree with your husband, it could have been ripped out.. It may not have been a good enough car seat...

My original point was that no matter how good the car seat, the impact ripped the underneath and back end of the car out, but it seems the child was not in a seat as it had been thrown out, and the parent would not have had time to undo the straps if it had been strapped in.

• Like 2

So that child has no family now. I think the baby was being changed, jeep lost control. I think the jeep was not in control from the start

So that child has no family now. I think the baby was being changed, jeep lost control. I think the jeep was not in control from the start

Eh? Which child are you referring to? Everyone survived in the OP video. It was definitely out of control but the baby flew out of the back of the vehicle whereas both of the adults came out of the front of the vehicle so I don't think the child was being changed at the time. Also, the baby was fully clothed.

Looks like negligence on the driver's part for driving too fast for conditions, possible negligence for not restraining a child properly into a safety seat, and carelessly handling someone who was just thrown from a crushed automobile although I can understand the impulsive reaction to grab the child with oncoming traffic bearing down. Also worth noting is how quickly the passenger starts retrieving personal belongings from the road before checking on the condition of the child.

Clearly excessive speed was the factor here when the car in question is already on the brakes and already out of control, yet still quickly shot ahead of the car with the video camera. Bad on the foolish driver to drive so recklessly. Guilty.

Thing is, the driver will most likely not be prosecuted as happens often in Russia. Their attitude to driving comes from a very macho or Darwinistic view towards other road users: the strong survive and the weak get crushed, although Darwin would be proud of some of the actions driver's have taken in Russia (thanks to well over 100 video compilations on Youtube). That and woefully corrupt traffic police who readily accept bribes.

There is also a reason why we see crashes like these more often coming out of Russia than other places is because of the prevalence of insurance fraud, where people either reverse into the car behind them and claim they were rear-ended or pedestrians purposefully running into traffic to claim some sort of payout.

If you read the story correctly, it was said the baby was thrown out of the car, as the car was going to crash, so the baby would escape

SERIOUSLY??????????????????????????????? LMAO