Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NKorea threatens the usa with nuke strike

Simbi Laveau

...The North Koreans act this way to get foreign aid. It's a form of blackmail and it has worked for them in the past.

Nail/Head. This is exactly what this is all about.

• Like 1

When and Where did "North Korea" say this? At the U.N.?

* i can't watch the video right now... but i suspect some sort of Mistranslation?

Edited by lightly

Seeing that most of its missile tests end in failure I am not sure the yanks have much to fear. Plus they would be wiped of the map in retaliation.

Seeing that most of its missile tests end in failure I am not sure the yanks have much to fear. Plus they would be wiped of the map in retaliation.

I would hope the US would be more sane in a response -- more targeted. The vast majority of N. Koreans are unaware and blameless.
  • Like 1

I would hope the US would be more sane in a response -

erm...the sane thing is (sadly) to reply with nukes. if they don't, other countries will think they can get away with using nukes then. :unsure2:

erm...the sane thing is (sadly) to reply with nukes.

Huh?

edit: Wait.. huh?

Edited by _Only

erm...the sane thing is (sadly) to reply with nukes. if they don't, other countries will think they can get away with using nukes then. :unsure2:

It might work that way, but maybe not. Given a nuclear strike (which considering their situation would be rather minor) the US could just go in and occupy Pyongyang and arrest the people involved. I doubt in that scenario there would be any Chinese complaint. If there were, then probably a nuclear catastrophe would ensue, and the Chinese would suffer too.

To my mind all this is so insane as to be incredible and almost certainly not going to happen, no matter how crazy that government is. As I said, I think all the bluster is to coax money out of the west.

• Like 1

Wonder if they will storm Nkorea now. The USA thought Iraq had WOMD and stormed it anyway without proof, here the proof is there....what are they waiting for?

no oil?

Wonder if they will storm Nkorea now

A good chunk of northern south korea would become a ruined battle-scape before N. Korea goes down. Assuming she doesn't have a couple more nukes then "we" previously thought. Sadly. No easy fix to this one. The Americans should have ended it when they had the chance.

The whole world should be thankful that I am not President of the United States. I would simply say, Target us...at your own peril!

A good chunk of northern south korea would become a ruined battle-scape before N. Korea goes down.

In all honesty I don't think so. North Korea is a mess, with dwindling population, an elite that has to heat their homes with bonfires, and a bust economy. I think its all bluster, and that they have almost no military capability. I also just can't bring myself to believe that they would set off nuclear weapons against other Koreans. Those people are nationalistic more than they are Communist.

That said, it is a perilous situation, and one can never be sure. Still, I have no worries investing in S. Korean companies.

Wonder if they will storm Nkorea now. The USA thought Iraq had WOMD and stormed it anyway without proof, here the proof is there....what are they waiting for?

Will they, by they meaning your government and military office acceppt the casaulties? I think that attacking Iran is like walk in the part, but i think your office has no guts to attack a military organised country.

So i would ask you, would you agree with them and their politics sticking noses in where they dont belong and probably invading which will devastate US military? US government did Nuclear tests to and noone minded, because they didnt care.

Anyway my opnion is that US will do nothing and so will Nkorea. Politic rubbish..

You can read all about N.Korea on wiki.

Edited by Tesla II

I think the States won't do anything until the Chinese give their quiet little nod, and that could be a long time from now.

The North Koreans act this way to get foreign aid. It's a form of blackmail and it has worked for them in the past.

Correct nothing will happen at all.

• Like 1

no oil?

it seems they do have oil.

It might work that way, but maybe not. Given a nuclear strike (which considering their situation would be rather minor) the US could just go in and occupy Pyongyang and arrest the people involved. I doubt in that scenario there would be any Chinese complaint. If there were, then probably a nuclear catastrophe would ensue, and the Chinese would suffer too.

To my mind all this is so insane as to be incredible and almost certainly not going to happen, no matter how crazy that government is. As I said, I think all the bluster is to coax money out of the west.

It's blackmail for sure. If they get ignored by the grownups I only worry a little that the new leader might push a bit too hard and start a war with the south by mistake. I've read that the number of artillery tubes pointed at Seoul is in the thousands.

I think the States won't do anything until the Chinese give their quiet little nod, and that could be a long time from now.

The North Koreans act this way to get foreign aid. It's a form of blackmail and it has worked for them in the past.

you could be right, don`t America still owe China a few billion?

This aid thing, they must of got the idea off the Africans, they have been getting for aid for years and are fully armed up too! Maybe the west have 'mugs" written all over their faces?

Will they, by they meaning your government and military office acceppt the casaulties? I think that attacking Iran is like walk in the part, but i think your office has no guts to attack a military organised country.

So i would ask you, would you agree with them and their politics sticking noses in where they dont belong and probably invading which will devastate US military? US government did Nuclear tests to and noone minded, because they didnt care.

Anyway my opnion is that US will do nothing, since N.Korea is still connected to some powerfull countries, it is like Iran scenario.. US is just shouting into the dark, resulting in their own failure. This matter should taken with great measure of caution.. More shouting more chances of them atcualy dropping nukes... and you cant do nothing about it except shut it and let them do their tests and get over it.

Yeah, that's us...the weak US :w00t: NK is a dangerous, unstable dinosaur and they can, at will, destroy Seoul and take over the south in a few days unless the US used WMD against them. But I think your insults about my country miss the mark. I believe that in a push we WOULD nuke Pyongyang. In fact it's probably the only country on earth we'd nuke first. Just because America has shown great restraint against our enemies up until now does not mean we would do so in all situations. If the north attacked Seoul, we'd really have no choice....

Yeah, that's us...the weak US :w00t: NK is a dangerous, unstable dinosaur and they can, at will, destroy Seoul and take over the south in a few days unless the US used WMD against them. But I think your insults about my country miss the mark. I believe that in a push we WOULD nuke Pyongyang. In fact it's probably the only country on earth we'd nuke first. Just because America has shown great restraint against our enemies up until now does not mean we would do so in all situations. If the north attacked Seoul, we'd really have no choice....

Thats the problem same is in the country you shoot first asked question later, in case of actually "NUKING" which again only US did.. you face off a war with China and many more.. NUKES are matter of the past.. even if N.Korea is saying they will do it they wont. Its US who again like in last 50 years pushing everyone... What will happen when one will be pushed too much?

A smart guy once said Life is like pendulum it swings back and forth .. what will happen when it swings back ?

Edit: You arent the victim here.. they are victims of your pushing...

Edited by Tesla II

Here is a case where I very much hope I am right and the doom-sayers are wrong, but I tend to be optimistic. Frankly I don't think the North Koreans have the ability to do anything anywhere near what they threaten. I think it is a bankrupt system and bankrupt systems can't afford to launch wars. Intelligence in these situations is next to useless (look at the confidence that Baghdad was a serious threat and how big he talked, and he turned out to be made of paper, and he had tons of money).

In all honesty I don't think so. North Korea is a mess, with dwindling population, an elite that has to heat their homes with bonfires, and a bust economy. I think its all bluster, and that they have almost no military capability. I also just can't bring myself to believe that they would set off nuclear weapons against other Koreans. Those people are nationalistic more than they are Communist.

That said, it is a perilous situation, and one can never be sure. Still, I have no worries investing in S. Korean companies.

Really? Ever heard of the Korean War?

• Like 1

If Russia targets us...that's one thing. If China targets us...that's one thing. If N. Korea targets us...that is something else. I would just tell them in no uncertain terms...2 nano seconds after you lock onto us...you will be annihilated.

Anyway my opnion is that US will do nothing and so will Nkorea. Politic rubbish..

I am anti war. I was anti Blair going to Iraq,

You are right , no one has any business attacking a military organised country, until they threaten show they are a threat, hence this thread.

But to all those saying no one should interfere in another mans country, sometimes it is needed, if you disagree with that, then PLEASE, do not ever say we have a duty to help the innocent people there!!!!

As for no one not caring about the tests, there were many who did, we just were not big or rich enough to stop it!

• Like 2

I am anti war. I was anti Blair going to Iraq,

You are right , no one has any business attacking a military organised country, until they threaten show they are a threat, hence this thread.

But to all those saying no one should interfere in another mans country, sometimes it is needed, if you disagree with that, then PLEASE, do not ever say we have a duty to help the innocent people there!!!!

As for no one not caring about the tests, there were many who did, we just were not big or rich enough to stop it!

I too dont like wars, and you are right there is someone who cries out for some help here and there and i dont diasagree with that, but that doesnt mean full out war on that country killing thousands innocent in the process. Like US allegedly killed Osama with only a group of highly trained soldiers, that is like it should be done. Removing key people in power and control to avoid well everything.

What good will test do them when they will run out of materials or maybe they wont be able to afford them anymore. Most likely tests will fail anyway lack of proper technology. The bottom point is they cant do much vs. US even if missile would be launched it would never reach 30 miles of US shore. But still puts you in similar situtation you cannot preemtivly strike'em because that too would cause bad consequences. Small paradox there.

If Russia targets us...that's one thing. If China targets us...that's one thing. If N. Korea targets us...that is something else. I would just tell them in no uncertain terms...2 nano seconds after you lock onto us...you will be annihilated.

Yes but not in sense of nuking the country ( N.korea ).. you must understand that using nuclear devices can have very long term consequences for all those surronding the offensive country.