Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Simply a few questions and this seemed to be the best place to do it.

Can you do it by( AP )accident?

Can you get pulled in to it just by being in close proximity to certain people(even if you do not know them beforehand)?

Can you be seen while you are doing it?

Why do some people you meet look different then what they appear in real life?

Can each thing (OOB, AP)feel like regular sleep?

I am jumping in to this slowly with like water floaties and inner tubes.

Simply a few questions and this seemed to be the best place to do it.

Can you do it by( AP )accident?

Can you get pulled in to it just by being in close proximity to certain people(even if you do not know them beforehand)?

Can you be seen while you are doing it?

Why do some people you meet look different then what they appear in real life?

Can each thing (OOB, AP)feel like regular sleep?

I am jumping in to this slowly with like water floaties and inner tubes.

You can do it by accident, in fact i tried for years without any luck, and just recently its started happening to me out of nowhere when i least expect it

I dont know if you can be pulled in.. but i know people cant see you from the outside world.. there are enteties you might encounter while your out though and they will definitely see you

As far as i know, leaving your body isnt the hardest part about astral projection, in my experience what you see is a mix between reality and some of your own mind like a dream happening at the same time as your out of your body, thats why its important to be able to clear your mind as much as possible, and also why negative thoughts and intentions will backfire

In short, some of what you see will be real and some will be from your own mind, the trick is to figure out which is what

From personal experience i can say that an OBE or astral projection will feel a lot different, it will feel a lot more real then a dream, i was surprised over the way i was able to think, it was exactly like im thinking now, i counted to 30 out loud just to see if time felt relatively similar and it did, which i havent experienced in a dream before, and i was also able to sit down and close my eyes and meditate for a little while outside my body without anything strange happening

• Like 2

You can do it by accident, in fact i tried for years without any luck, and just recently its started happening to me out of nowhere when i least expect it

I dont know if you can be pulled in.. but i know people cant see you from the outside world.. there are enteties you might encounter while your out though and they will definitely see you

As far as i know, leaving your body isnt the hardest part about astral projection, in my experience what you see is a mix between reality and some of your own mind like a dream happening at the same time as your out of your body, thats why its important to be able to clear your mind as much as possible, and also why negative thoughts and intentions will backfire

In short, some of what you see will be real and some will be from your own mind, the trick is to figure out which is what

From personal experience i can say that an OBE or astral projection will feel a lot different, it will feel a lot more real then a dream, i was surprised over the way i was able to think, it was exactly like im thinking now, i counted to 30 out loud just to see if time felt relatively similar and it did, which i havent experienced in a dream before, and i was also able to sit down and close my eyes and meditate for a little while outside my body without anything strange happening

This a a good and accurate post.

The inturpretation problem in AP is why things can seem different than they really are. You must remember that you are not seeing things with your eyes and not hearing them with your ears. It's a completely different mode of receiving information than you are used to. It takes a bit of practice to get past it.

I would like some opinions on an incident I had recently. I have always considered myself quite overly active in terms of detailed vivid dreams and thing like that and have a vivid imagination however what happened shocked me. I was going through a quite stressful time, family issues and stuff. My girlfriend suggested I try and switch off by meditating.

Not knowing how to she kind of guided me and said she would do a little bit of Raiki which I had not experienced either. I am quite open and willing to give

anything a go without slating it first so away I went. After an hour or so she came back into the room and called me. I thought I was on the bed for about 15 mins. It was very relaxing and I told her I felt nice and chilled after. I said I may do it again. It worked for me.

We went for dinner that night had a nice evening and went to bed for work the next day.

What happened next was the most surreal experience of my 29 years.

She fell asleep first and I was lying there in a sleepy haze when I started to see images like a reel of cartoon film. I could hear cars going by outside and knew where I was but like an extra set of eyes I could see this humorous clip of a dog in dungarees walking along trying to pick up what looked like sausages. I was drawn in by its humour and went with it. It soon turned darker an d more sinister as his eyelids appeared pulled back and he could no longer pick up the sausages.

I then had other more vivid images coming to me some nice like people playing cricket in a sundrenced orchard and then

a feeling of what I can only describe as a slowly descending elevator. It became dark and gloomy and although I was still more than likely looking at the same familiar backdrop of our bedroom it was no longer relevant or even registering with me. As I descended I felt a bad vibe but kept going out of curiosity. It became darker and darker until I could see something in the darkness. It was like a bubbling mass of black tar with claw like exoskeletal forms moving.I could almost hear the simmering from it. I began to feel a strong urge to get out of there. My curiosity had got the better of me as I just thought "its in my head".

I began to panic and then I felt something coming for me from above like a giant bedsheet being wrapped around me and drawing me up gradually. As I got to the top I looked left I could see my girlfriend asleep in the same position...I didnt stop though and I kept ascending as though i was cupped in a giants hand. I looked down and could see the roof of our apartment. I kept going and it was dark as it was at night but I felt

elated and was a polar opposite of how I felt when i was down in that pit. I looked down and could see the bedsheet corkscrewing as we went up. I was so concentrated on looking down that after a few minutes I looked across and could see the blue haze of the atmosphere and the curvature of the earth. I was in disbelief but not in the slightest scared.

As I came to a stop hundreds of miles up I could feel warmth and looked around me to see several orbs of light around me. What struck me most is when I looked at them my eyes reacted to them. Like when some idiot turns on the light when your asleep!! And the heat from them. It was undeniable to me that I was now really experiencing something that was not my mind wandering! I was not cultivating this myself. I had a knowing that these orbs were my family however they were all probably having a "run of the mill" normal night in bed elsewhere.

I then was brought back down until I was laying beside my girlfriend who was out for the count. I heard the traffic going by outside and realized it was probably over. I felt confused and flat, a bit of a comedown is an understatement to say the least. I went to the kitchen and got a glass of water and rolled and smoked a cigarette looking out my sitting room window at the night sky. "what just happened"?? I managed to go to sleep and when I woke the next day I felt so lucky and grateful for everything in my life.

This feeling lasted for about a week or so before daily commuting and the normal daily grind started to dilute the intense feelings that came with the experience. I then told my girlfriend one night after a few too many drinks. When she rang me from work the next day to tell me that people all over the internet were discussing similar things she said !I think you have had an astral projection... I have not had one since but would like some feedback from anyone who wishes to give me some guidance on why, how or what caused this....

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best Regards,

K

I would like some opinions on an incident I had recently. I have always considered myself quite overly active in terms of detailed vivid dreams and thing like that and have a vivid imagination however what happened shocked me. I was going through a quite stressful time, family issues and stuff. My girlfriend suggested I try and switch off by meditating.

Not knowing how to she kind of guided me and said she would do a little bit of Raiki which I had not experienced either. I am quite open and willing to give

anything a go without slating it first so away I went. After an hour or so she came back into the room and called me. I thought I was on the bed for about 15 mins. It was very relaxing and I told her I felt nice and chilled after. I said I may do it again. It worked for me.

We went for dinner that night had a nice evening and went to bed for work the next day.

What happened next was the most surreal experience of my 29 years.

She fell asleep first and I was lying there in a sleepy haze when I started to see images like a reel of cartoon film. I could hear cars going by outside and knew where I was but like an extra set of eyes I could see this humorous clip of a dog in dungarees walking along trying to pick up what looked like sausages. I was drawn in by its humour and went with it. It soon turned darker an d more sinister as his eyelids appeared pulled back and he could no longer pick up the sausages.

I then had other more vivid images coming to me some nice like people playing cricket in a sundrenced orchard and then

a feeling of what I can only describe as a slowly descending elevator. It became dark and gloomy and although I was still more than likely looking at the same familiar backdrop of our bedroom it was no longer relevant or even registering with me. As I descended I felt a bad vibe but kept going out of curiosity. It became darker and darker until I could see something in the darkness. It was like a bubbling mass of black tar with claw like exoskeletal forms moving.I could almost hear the simmering from it. I began to feel a strong urge to get out of there. My curiosity had got the better of me as I just thought "its in my head".

I began to panic and then I felt something coming for me from above like a giant bedsheet being wrapped around me and drawing me up gradually. As I got to the top I looked left I could see my girlfriend asleep in the same position...I didnt stop though and I kept ascending as though i was cupped in a giants hand. I looked down and could see the roof of our apartment. I kept going and it was dark as it was at night but I felt

elated and was a polar opposite of how I felt when i was down in that pit. I looked down and could see the bedsheet corkscrewing as we went up. I was so concentrated on looking down that after a few minutes I looked across and could see the blue haze of the atmosphere and the curvature of the earth. I was in disbelief but not in the slightest scared.

As I came to a stop hundreds of miles up I could feel warmth and looked around me to see several orbs of light around me. What struck me most is when I looked at them my eyes reacted to them. Like when some idiot turns on the light when your asleep!! And the heat from them. It was undeniable to me that I was now really experiencing something that was not my mind wandering! I was not cultivating this myself. I had a knowing that these orbs were my family however they were all probably having a "run of the mill" normal night in bed elsewhere.

I then was brought back down until I was laying beside my girlfriend who was out for the count. I heard the traffic going by outside and realized it was probably over. I felt confused and flat, a bit of a comedown is an understatement to say the least. I went to the kitchen and got a glass of water and rolled and smoked a cigarette looking out my sitting room window at the night sky. "what just happened"?? I managed to go to sleep and when I woke the next day I felt so lucky and grateful for everything in my life.

This feeling lasted for about a week or so before daily commuting and the normal daily grind started to dilute the intense feelings that came with the experience. I then told my girlfriend one night after a few too many drinks. When she rang me from work the next day to tell me that people all over the internet were discussing similar things she said !I think you have had an astral projection... I have not had one since but would like some feedback from anyone who wishes to give me some guidance on why, how or what caused this....

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best Regards,

K

Can't really give you a why, only confirm that you are not alone in such experiences, I know that warmth well. Spontaneous projections happen, it probably has something to do with you're beginning to mediate congratulations. Lots of people try very hard unsuccessfully to experience what you did .

Edited by Seeker79

As far as i know, leaving your body isnt the hardest part about astral projection,

What? Really? Wow...cause that is THE hardest part for me....I can feel vibrations feel like im almost getting there then try to seperate and end up waking up for real, or go to try to move my hand and move it for real.....hmmm

Normally I kinda fade out and in my dreams, they were different in that both jerked me awake but not totally awake, so they felt different at that point. My dreams the last two nights have been like that (weird enough to wake me) but I did not get vibrations immediately after them.

I *did* however get vibrations yesterday morning. The tot got up early and I didn't want to get out of bed. My husband went outside (to throw out the trash) and she apparently went and played with the lock on the front door (our deadbolt is under the knob, so she can reach the deadbolt and not the door handle).

So I was all snug and warm and just kinda...sitting there listening. I started to feel vibrations. First time I have ever felt them with others in the house walking around and making noise. I am getting slightly excited but I instead of removing me from the vibrations it seems to be intensifying them. I am throwing myself in to it and they are getting stronger and stronger and it feels wild and great...and then the doorbell rang.

Yeah, tot had locked my husband outside, so I had to get up and unlock the door. Took me a good twenty minutes to forgive them. I was so horribly annoyed.

---

All three times I have had vibrations something happened when I was in the right state of mind and I was "looking" not with my eyes but with my other senses for what else was there. In the case of the cat I remember wondering if it was a guide and kinda 'sensing' what was around me while drowsy, same thing with my grandmother, and with the door locking, just before I had heard voices outside and was wondering who it was. So, for me, it seems once I am relaxed and drowsy I don't need to concentrate on anything but just try to look outside myself and sense if there is anything there.

Now what I will do after that, I dono. When the vibrations happened this last time I did try to sit up and it took a lot of effort. Like I weighed a million pounds and eventually my arms and shoulders moved, but I can't say if it was astral or physical body. If it was physical the vibrations would have stopped wouldn't they?

yes excellent, id bet money you were almost there!!!!!!

For obvious reasons I really don't know what sort of exit strategy to employ when you get the vibrations.. I don't even know what to try myself, I'm just glad to get vibrations, and sometimes when I try an exit like rolling or a wild visualisation the vibrations vanish so lately I've been just wallowing in the buzz & trying to accept it. sounds like you had SP too (heavyness) The same has occured to me, the vibrations in 2 of the last 3 occasions has been in the drawsy space 20-30 seconds after waking from a dream.

It occurs to me though, that in your case, each time this has happened you've been communicated to.. first by the cat, then by gran, then by these voices outside your house..

The reason why I asked was that lately there's been a different feel in my dreams, or in particular, locations that don't match my usual, and it's been these type of dreams with that type of feel that wake me with vibrations.. It odd, but I always know here I am in the world in dreams, or in the very least have a clue, but in these new ones, I find that I don't know where I am, or in one in particular, I worked out in the dream that I was on earth but millions of years ago when all the continents were joined together..

prof, just try jumping up very fast. when you feel vibrations just leap up as fast as you can and with as much effort as you can muster. dont care if you do it physically or not, its probably a comitment thing. the extreme intent might just make the difference.

• Like 1

For obvious reasons I really don't know what sort of exit strategy to employ when you get the vibrations.. I don't even know what to try myself, I'm just glad to get vibrations, and sometimes when I try an exit like rolling or a wild visualisation the vibrations vanish so lately I've been just wallowing in the buzz & trying to accept it. sounds like you had SP too (heavyness) The same has occured to me, the vibrations in 2 of the last 3 occasions has been in the drawsy space 20-30 seconds after waking from a dream.

I experienced the Vibrations for the first time in a long while. (Only because i was trying to intentionally bring them on). But When i finally felt them i was heavily distracted by them because it was such an intense feeling.(Hell i could even feel my Bed Vibrating along with me). I have a feeling once you get the Vibrations you get distracted as well.I wasn't really sure what to try first. I tried to move my Energy Arm and i made sure my Physical Arm wouldn't move. After a while the sensation felt like i was moving my real arm and i thought i was doing something wrong. Until i found out that it was normal. After the Fact. :cry::angry: .

• 2 weeks later...

*crickets chiping*

Not much happening astrally I see..

Just checking in, not major breakthroughs with me anyway, and dreams have been pathetic tbh.. I suspect this is due to some lifestyle changes & other things..

Edited to add: have heard we're in a phase of energetic consolodation. Didn't make much sense to me though...

Edited by Professor T

*crickets chiping*

Not much happening astrally I see..

Just checking in, not major breakthroughs with me anyway, and dreams have been pathetic tbh.. I suspect this is due to some lifestyle changes & other things..

Edited to add: have heard we're in a phase of energetic consolodation. Didn't make much sense to me though...

Chirp chirp ;).

Preparing to teach my annual class on the journey. I'm so excited. Doing it in person is so much more intimate. Wish me luck. I'm not as confident in person about this as I am about martial arts.

Preparing to teach my annual class on the journey. I'm so excited. Doing it in person is so much more intimate. Wish me luck. I'm not as confident in person about this as I am about martial arts.

The class went well, met some great people. I was a little more nervous than I though I would be ( in the rest of my life I'm quite and in the closet about most of this) , but after a few minutes my normal projection came back. It was a bit hypnotic for me describing some of my more powerful experiences in person, I sort of lost myself in it and it sort of drew everyone else in aswell ( I think :) ) I wish I had more opertunities like that. People in these groups are some of the best people in the world in my opinion. they are concerned with helping and healing and loveing. No dogmas or attitudes just pure openness. I was a guest speaker, but if I were not busy at nights teaching my classes I would go every night that they meet. I suppose it would be kinda like church for me.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

its funny....... i love posting on these forums, but my energy is whereing out. im typing now, on my laptop. but, i could count on three hands how many times i posted here in the last few years from this computer. all my arguments, and 95% of my posts have been from that phone, yet im growing to hate it. like a drunk hates his adiction. I had a visit this morning. I dont know the point in blogging or posting experiences any more. Im leaving for the wilderness in a few weeks, i have been hurt for a while. I havnt had a chance to disapear properly because my normal outings are far beyond the range of an injured man. but now i am almost better, and im being called deep. Ill be posting on this thread and my blog only. Take care if you dont keep up with this thread. I will only exist here and there. .....the story of my life ; ) :)

Good luck man..

Hope you find healing out there.

Hey guys,

I am new to this and I thought I would give it a try

I want to experience something like this because I want to answer some questions to myself

So lets start

Is it ok listening to Krishna Das mantras while trying to achieve astral projection?

I also light up an incense stick for the room smell

I reach a state where my hand or leg are twitching

What do I do then?

Best Regards

Andy

Hey guys,

I am new to this and I thought I would give it a try

I want to experience something like this because I want to answer some questions to myself

So lets start

Is it ok listening to Krishna Das mantras while trying to achieve astral projection?

I also light up an incense stick for the room smell

I reach a state where my hand or leg are twitching

What do I do then?

Best Regards

Andy

All that sounds fine Andy. At that point you need to relax more and let yourself sink.

Hi everyone new to the site and well astral travel is the most important thing on my todo list right now.

A little background.

I know allot about this subject, I have been able to theorize, manipulate, understand, formulate, and much more on the subjects of "energy".

I went through a dark spell in my life and started having anxiety attacks to the point where i didn't know who i was what was real. Life was terrifying and death was a lingering breath away.

I couldn't sleep because i couldn't breath.

Then I remember what kept me going when i was younger it was simply energy and its uses in my life. When i had a problem it solved it with a little understanding.

Daily meditation has calmed most of these problems and feeling on oneness with things has helped along with visualizations.

But now I feel a strong desire to astral project. Yet I'm lost on a few concepts.

SP for instance i don't know if I have had this and cant say I ever will or maybe i have and just don't pay attention to it? I try not to move anyway.

Is there a way to induce Sp? if so how. i have read through some teks on here and so far just worry about being able to hit the vibrating stage?

When i was younger i would almost fall asleep on my stomach yet know i was lieing there with my eyes closed and begin doing things then id just be ripped back to being awake as if i had really been asleep.

Also paying attention to the vertigo thing i remember many times meditating on lawns and things just begin spinning on me like i could feel the earths rotations. To be honest i don't know how to reenact any of this

because it has been so long.

i guess i'm looking for a little more hand holding or shown where i can get detailed on a few more things. I have now read through 20 pages of this particular topic and things seem to be pretty scattered.

Thank you all in advance.

Hi everyone new to the site and well astral travel is the most important thing on my todo list right now.

A little background.

I know allot about this subject, I have been able to theorize, manipulate, understand, formulate, and much more on the subjects of "energy".

I went through a dark spell in my life and started having anxiety attacks to the point where i didn't know who i was what was real. Life was terrifying and death was a lingering breath away.

I couldn't sleep because i couldn't breath.

Then I remember what kept me going when i was younger it was simply energy and its uses in my life. When i had a problem it solved it with a little understanding.

Daily meditation has calmed most of these problems and feeling on oneness with things has helped along with visualizations.

But now I feel a strong desire to astral project. Yet I'm lost on a few concepts.

SP for instance i don't know if I have had this and cant say I ever will or maybe i have and just don't pay attention to it? I try not to move anyway.

Is there a way to induce Sp? if so how. i have read through some teks on here and so far just worry about being able to hit the vibrating stage?

When i was younger i would almost fall asleep on my stomach yet know i was lieing there with my eyes closed and begin doing things then id just be ripped back to being awake as if i had really been asleep.

Also paying attention to the vertigo thing i remember many times meditating on lawns and things just begin spinning on me like i could feel the earths rotations. To be honest i don't know how to reenact any of this

because it has been so long.

i guess i'm looking for a little more hand holding or shown where i can get detailed on a few more things. I have now read through 20 pages of this particular topic and things seem to be pretty scattered.

Thank you all in advance.

What exactly are you looking for. We can trouble shoot your methods if you want, but will need to give me exactly what you are doing, then we can only make adjustments. It works but it takes time because you have to try something several times to eliminate it it keep using it. On person I'm working with we have shared 120 messages and she is just now starting to have her first experiences.

What exactly are you looking for. We can trouble shoot your methods if you want, but will need to give me exactly what you are doing, then we can only make adjustments. It works but it takes time because you have to try something several times to eliminate it it keep using it. On person I'm working with we have shared 120 messages and she is just now starting to have her first experiences.

These are things that inspire me thank you.

Lets see i just started my first dream journal and about an hour ago i was diagnosed is possibly having mono

one of its side effects is to prevent dreams. So this could be why it is dificult for me.

Every day many times a day I meditate and visualize.

My third eye visualizations took a nose dive about 2 years ago but they seem to be slowly comeing back.

I eat extreamly healthy foods and do some pretty strenuous exercises every other day soon to be daily.

At night try to meditate before sleeping but i get so distracted...the letting my thoughts go seem to be my biggest hurdle

I am hyper intelligent and stopping my thoughts has always been my bane.

Today i started on your trying to follow it to a tea and this is actually why i posted

I have never asked anyone for help on this subject before. When i meditate I'm always alone if i travel somewhere in my head there is no one nothing else ever exists. So I'm hoping reaching out to people and or entities will help me in this venture.

I could be incorrect in all of my assumptions and plan to go through all 66 exit teks till i find something.

Though I prefer allot of knowledge to be available to me because that's how i learn i build my own puzzle from many puzzle pieces

thank you again for your reply

These are things that inspire me thank you.

Lets see i just started my first dream journal and about an hour ago i was diagnosed is possibly having mono

one of its side effects is to prevent dreams. So this could be why it is dificult for me.

Every day many times a day I meditate and visualize.

My third eye visualizations took a nose dive about 2 years ago but they seem to be slowly comeing back.

I eat extreamly healthy foods and do some pretty strenuous exercises every other day soon to be daily.

At night try to meditate before sleeping but i get so distracted...the letting my thoughts go seem to be my biggest hurdle

I am hyper intelligent and stopping my thoughts has always been my bane.

Today i started on your trying to follow it to a tea and this is actually why i posted

I have never asked anyone for help on this subject before. When i meditate I'm always alone if i travel somewhere in my head there is no one nothing else ever exists. So I'm hoping reaching out to people and or entities will help me in this venture.

I could be incorrect in all of my assumptions and plan to go through all 66 exit teks till i find something.

Though I prefer allot of knowledge to be available to me because that's how i learn i build my own puzzle from many puzzle pieces

thank you again for your reply

Have you felt vibrations or heard the rushing noise yet? At night is not the best time to try. In the morning is best. Or you can try the sleep deprivation route. I don't like that one because it can inter fear with your sleep schedule, but for some it's the only way to get to a first experience. Once you have had one, you know it's possible and become more motivated. Right now you should try to switch your attempts to early in the morning. Do that for a whike. Set a schedule like 2 a week.

Have you felt vibrations or heard the rushing noise yet? At night is not the best time to try. In the morning is best. Or you can try the sleep deprivation route. I don't like that one because it can inter fear with your sleep schedule, but for some it's the only way to get to a first experience. Once you have had one, you know it's possible and become more motivated. Right now you should try to switch your attempts to early in the morning. Do that for a whike. Set a schedule like 2 a week.

I have only got to the point where my body is...numbish? and every once in a while i feel a spinning sensation

I'm not really familiar with this tek your mentioning but id love to give it a try.

I have already started switching my scheduled thank you for the advice.

Edited by Sujes DeHero

Just stay up late not reclining until you start to doze. Its usually best if you hace stayed up way to kate and you get tge pasty tired feeling ( dont do it on a work day) Then recline and use your meditation for holding awareness. I just do it now, by you might try watching Nural discharges ( faint swirling lights behind your eyes) or mentally repeating a mantra. Haveing a fan on or some native American drumming in the background will help.

You will know it when your body starts buzzing or you hear a very loud white noise. It will sound like you are next to a powerful waterfall or jet engine.

Just stay up late not reclining until you start to doze. Its usually best if you hace stayed up way to kate and you get tge pasty tired feeling ( dont do it on a work day) Then recline and use your meditation for holding awareness. I just do it now, by you might try watching Nural discharges ( faint swirling lights behind your eyes) or mentally repeating a mantra. Haveing a fan on or some native American drumming in the background will help.

You will know it when your body starts buzzing or you hear a very loud white noise. It will sound like you are next to a powerful waterfall or jet engine.

when you say reclining is there a specific angle your talking about or?

I'm really sorry for double posting but can i put up a link to a youtube video? i stumbled across it and it hits allot of key points and also a meditation tek that may help people.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked