Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wisconsin Sheriff Tells the Truth!

and-then

Yeah. I dont attribute that to any Liberal agenda myself. But an Agenda. yeah I go for that.

Its the dumbing of Americans. Intentionally. Especially those of lesser means.

I cant speak of where he was coming from but from past conversations I will assume it is close to near the same as what Im saying.

Sorry for butting in.

It's an open forum, butt in as often as you wish

the liberal agenda... I'm trying to come up with a simple answer. It's not easy. Best thing to do is hang around these forums, pay attention and gather it all in. So you got me searching for a well written simply put answer for ya and I came across this website. I guess it's a book promo with excerpts. I read one excerpt "the madness of the liberal agenda" and it was pretty concise and about as descriptive as one could ask for. In fact, the whole link is worthy of its own thread.

Here is the link. Aside from the excerpt I read I can't say ATM how the rest of it is but if you want to know all about modern liberalism and what many dislike about it this looks like a one stop link.

http://www.libertymi...php?page_id=257

See above ^^^^

To sum up.. Liberalism is to take away your rights and tell the nations to do what they are told...Control them like a parent would with a child, and doing this by using incentives ..Am I on the right track ?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Honestly, I get that the Sherriff was telling the truth and he is clearly more than a little frustrated at not having the resources he needs to keep his town safe - but it has to be said, it wasn't only the good guys who heard what he said about not being able to respond to crimes effectively, just putting that out there.

• Like 1

Why are putting this on topic mod :nw:

To sum up.. Liberalism is to take away your rights and tell the nations to do what they are told...Control them like a parent would with a child, and doing this by using incentives ..Am I on the right track ?

Yep. Now this is about modern liberalism, aka progressivism. Liberal used to mean something different but let's stay on track.

Honestly, I get that the Sherriff was telling the truth and he is clearly more than a little frustrated at not having the resources he needs to keep his town safe - but it has to be said, it wasn't only the good guys who heard what he said about not being able to respond to crimes effectively, just putting that out there.

Sure but the criminals I assume you speak of also just heard the sheriff tell the whole town it's a good time to get a gun and learn how to use it. I'd say disadvantage: criminals, advantage: the citizens.

Small towns. Not sure of the population of this sherrifs county generally have less crime unless there drug infested. In which case the criminals are likely stealing from each other.

Sure but the criminals I assume you speak of also just heard the sheriff tell the whole town it's a good time to get a gun and learn how to use it. I'd say disadvantage: criminals, advantage: the citizens.

Lets hope you are right but I have a doubt about average Joe's real capacity to perform under that kind of pressure, the criminal has the element of surprise on their side me thinks.

• Like 1

Lets hope you are right but I have a doubt about average Joe's real capacity to perform under that kind of pressure, the criminal has the element of surprise on their side me thinks.

I agree with that. But still I don't think criminals see much of an advantage when the whole county has been called to arms. Chances are crimes will continue as they were but if just a few more citizens are a little more prepared and a little more alert I think it can only be a good thing.

I have a feeling, that IF in my own country, we had the rights to bare arms..The no good terrorists that used to burst into random homes and shoot innocent people dead for political and religious reasons. These low life gunmen may have thought twice before doing so IF they knew that every citizen was packed to the hilt with their own guns and were allowed to shoot anyone who is attempting to kill them and their loved ones I have heard so many say this over here for years, I wish I had a gun to protect my own family.. That was when the killings were really bad.

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Luckily for us its not a religious thing here. Unfortunately for us it is a political thing.

Luckily for us its not a religious thing here. Unfortunately for us it is a political thing.

It's both here.. But more so political..

Just info... Milwaukee has the highest population center in the state, by quite a margin. And there are some pretty scary areas of town. There is a gang problem in Milwaukee, and drug problems. Part of it is it's own problem, part of it travels up from Chicago. Milwaukee is also a mecca for conventions and lake festivals. Milwaukee also had a couple of mass shooting events in the last few months.

• Like 1

I had already gathered that from previous posts.. He mentioned a liberal agenda took over..

Actually it was a conservative "agenda". They argued that reading, writing and arithmetic were more important than sissy subjects like history, social studies, science, etc.

Why do you call it a conservative agenda ?

yep, must ask what the law will have to say each time someone gets killed....How many gun hoe vigilantes will be loving this?

How easy will it be now to determine the actually real reason for why someone has killed someone when they have the "excuse" = we were told we could because we could not rely on the overstretched police force, honest, I was just defending myself.

I understand where this is coming from, its where it is going which is dodgy.

Many States , like Nevada, have had laws where you can kill someone that has broken into your home. Been that way for a very long time. I have not checked all States, but I am sure most have a similar law. It is the right to defend yourself. My wife knows, if I am not home, working graveyard, and someone comes into the home, shoot and let the police/sherif figure it out.

• Like 1

It sounds to me like the good Sheriff is announcing something like:"My dear fellow citizens, thanks to a bunch of tightwads and over indebted, not being able to afford more, civilization has been defeated. Expect some lynching justice near you soon."

I agree that there is some of that here, but he can't be faulted for telling the citizens the truth now can he? As to vigilantism, I doubt there will be any worse issue with it now than before. If someone gets dead while breaking and entering then they hadn't orter been breakin' and enterin' :w00t: :gun:

Oregon is the same. Someone illegally enters your home you have the right to shoot first and ask questions later.

• Like 1

Oregon is the same. Someone illegally enters your home you have the right to shoot first and ask questions later.

That is how it should be.....

Actually it was a conservative "agenda". They argued that reading, writing and arithmetic were more important than sissy subjects like history, social studies, science, etc.

Who argued what? Those are all important. Social studies being the least. Reading being the most.

For those that dont want guns thats fine,but if a lot of crime happens around my neighborhood i will not bother looking out for those who bash them.They will be on there own!Me and my evil gun wouldnt want to interfere with there future fun.

Who argued what?

No Child Left behind - put thru by the GWB and the completely Republican congress. And now..... now you want to whine that they don't teach enough history,

Effect on arts and electives

NCLB’s main focus is on skills in reading, writing and mathematics, which are areas related to economic success. Combined with the budget crises in the Late-2000s recession, some schools have cut or eliminated classes and resources for many subject areas that are not part of NCLB's accountability standards.[32] Since 2007, almost 71% of schools have reduced some instruction time in subjects such as history, arts, language and music, in order to give more time and resources to mathematics and English.[33][34]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Child_Left_Behind_Act

I agree history should have been third in line but for the most part 71% of schools did the right thing. If they were under budget they mostly chose the right classes to cut.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

I am very glad people are actually having a very reasonable debate about our constitution, willing to research and bring forth a legitimate arguments. Some of you are not, but that is okay. Also I am glad people are actually thinking hard about how our schools are seriously lacking in-depth teaching about our constitution.

No Child Left behind - put thru by the GWB and the completely Republican congress. And now..... now you want to whine that they don't teach enough history,

Standardized testing is now beginning to be phased out as it was seen as unsuccessful. Sometimes trying something finding out it isnt the best solution then altering course IS ok. Too bad so many children got left behind along the way.

I may be speaking for my state only but I know where phasing it out as so many parents were transferring there kids out of the public school system. Now kids can even take there entire education online with testing and classroom projects evaluated by real teachers locally. Very progressive and gaining popularity.

The problems that were occuring when the standardized testing started were very real. If your memory is long enough. Drop out rates were atrocious and kids leaving High School unable to read was the norm back then. Itleast something was done that didnt violate the Constitution in the process.

Funny I think kids were being shot at an alarming rate in the inner city schools as well. But few turned to notice that plague. Out of sight out of mind I suppose.