Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any REAL Fixes for Firefox/Flash problem?

joc

This has been going on for awhile..but it is really starting to anger me. That's right! I'm p***ed! Does anybody know of a REAL fix for the problems with Flash and Firefox?

I personally haven't had any issues with flash in Firefox. If updating your flash player from the adobe website isn't working for you then I would recommend switching to Chrome. It's at least as good as FF in most things. It runs a bit slower for me, but friends say it's better than FF for them.

There could be a ton of reasons for your problem, so you'll have to give way more info if you want any kind of help. But a search engine is your ally in this "firefox won't play flash" circumstance. There are many fixes discussed all around there of different issues. You just have to find the fix discussed that best fits your exact problem.

• Like 1

I personally haven't had any issues with flash in Firefox. If updating your flash player from the adobe website isn't working for you then I would recommend switching to Chrome. It's at least as good as FF in most things. It runs a bit slower for me, but friends say it's better than FF for them.

Thanks, but I am not a fan of Google Chrome! Been there done that.

Posted Today, 12:16 AM

There could be a ton of reasons for your problem, so you'll have to give way more info if you want any kind of help. But a search engine is your ally in this "firefox won't play flash" circumstance. There are many fixes discussed all around there of different issues. You just have to find the fix discussed that best fits your exact problem

Been there done that too. The simple solution would be to reinstall a previous version of Flash...good luck with that! Adobe won't let you do that...I can't even find a mirror for the prior version. The problem is that YouTube and nothing else works with FF anymore...oh well, you know, screw 'em...I'm tired of inferior BS affecting my personal life. Grrrrrr...

• Like 1

Same problem here.

Everybody I know always tells me how good FF is and how major IE sucks.

And when you have a problem like with Flash, you get a ton of advice that won't work after all but will keep you busy for a day anyway.

If IE is that bad, why doesn't it give us the headache FF does? Why do you have to install this, change that, uninstall so and so and then again reinstall whatever?

I'm also not a fan of Chrome. For me it's like inviting a stranger into your home who then asks, "Is it ok if I take someone along?"

And if you say "Yes", he returns with his family, friends and neigbours.

Edited by Abramelin

i haven't really got any problem with firefox did you try different version of firefox ?

or try to download flash from unoffical site as offline full download ?

or simply change the version

i worked on IE for long time and let me tell you it sucks and very very very slow and laggy

don't know about other browsers

The problem is that YouTube and nothing else works with FF anymore...oh well, you know, screw 'em...I'm tired of inferior BS affecting my personal life. Grrrrrr...

Doesn't work how? It shows an error message over the normal play screen? It just doesn't load up? It's an empty box where the screen normally would be? These would all be totally different problems.

You said YouTube, and nothing else, plays.

So will this not play? http://animal.discov...-shows/dogs-101

Or this? http://www.ted.com/t...t_breathes.html

I can assure you it's not an inferior product you're dealing with, but a plugin/driver issue, most likely from a change (probably not seemingly related or even known) to some program or setting on your computer. I had the same exact problem with Flash and Chrome, but found a fix by going into the browser's tool settings, and changing some plugin stuff around. But it was a long time ago, and Firefox is different than Chrome.

What options are shown when you right click the video screen?

Have you tried simply deleting your cookies and history?

Do you have AdBlock Plus?

See if it works in safe mode (without any of the extensions you have on it that one likely is causing the issue): http://support.mozil...using-safe-mode

If it does, after you'll have to go down the list of your extensions, disabling them one by one to say which is the problem extension, and keep it disabled, or search for a honed fix on why it's happening with that certain plugin.

Edited by _Only

Doesn't work how? It shows an error message over the normal play screen? It just doesn't load up? It's an empty box where the screen normally would be? These would all be totally different problems.

Error message over normal play screen

You said YouTube, and nothing else, plays.

You Tube doesn't play and nothing else works right either.

Nope

I can assure you it's not an inferior product you're dealing with, but a plugin/driver issue, most likely from a change (probably not seemingly related or even known) to some program or setting on your computer. I had the same exact problem with Flash and Chrome, but found a fix by going into the browser's tool settings, and changing some plugin stuff around. But it was a long time ago, and Firefox is different than Chrome.

What options are shown when you right click the video screen?

youtubescreenshot_zps3b5b5fdc.jpg

...everytime I put a picture on here, I first load it up to my photobucket.com account...but I can't do that with Firefox anymore...now I have to go to IE to do anything like that...youtube, etc....

Have you tried simply deleting your cookies and history?

oh yes!

Do you have AdBlock Plus?

No

See if it works in safe mode (without any of the extensions you have on it that one likely is causing the issue): http://support.mozil...using-safe-mode

If it does, after you'll have to go down the list of your extensions, disabling them one by one to say which is the problem extension, and keep it disabled, or search for a honed fix on why it's happening with that certain plugin.

Still doesn't work...I even tried resetting firefox

What does the error say?

What does the error say?

errormessageyoutube_zpsbf363318.png

Well you've tried a few REAL fixes now, and now have given people here a bit more information than simply 'problems'.

Remember, just because it isn't working for you right now doesn't mean it's a hunk of junk, and a REAL fix for someone else's similar problem might not work for your exact problem, but that doesn't make it nonsense.

• Like 1

I have been thinking about installing Opera. It's said to be as good as FF and IE.

Anyone having experience with it?

i haven't really got any problem with firefox did you try different version of firefox ?

or try to download flash from unoffical site as offline full download ?

or simply change the version

i worked on IE for long time and let me tell you it sucks and very very very slow and laggy

don't know about other browsers

IE shows me everything I want to see, and somewhat slower than FF. But FF won't let me watch any video, and also doesn't let me use my Photobucket account.

I have AdBlock Plus installed on FF, and I can middle click it to disable it. Doesn't work.

I uninstalled it, doesn't work either. Reinstalled it, doesn't work either. Cursed at it, doesn't work either.

If FF is as good as many say , why you need all the work to make it work properly? Apparently there are many with the same problems.

Edited by Abramelin

Yeah, now I got my videos working on FF !!

How to start Firefox in Safe Mode

At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.... Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog.

For Windows XP, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled....

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while starting Firefox.

What did I do before? I started my computer in Safe Mode, jeesh...

I disabled RealDownloader 1.1.0, and fixed the problem.

....SIGH........

Disable all extensions

To determine whether a faulty extension is causing your problem, you can disable all of your installed extensions:

At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP), and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.

In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.

Click the name of an extension in the list to select it.

Click Disable to disable the selected extension.

Repeat this for each of the other extensions in the list.

Click Restart Firefox.

http://support.mozil...ur-in-safe-mode

PS: I didn't disable all extensions, only RealDownLoader. And that worked.

And my Photobucket account is working ok again too.

I hope it works for you too, Joc.

Edited by Abramelin

I disabled RealDownloader 1.1.0, and fixed the problem.

....SIGH........

Disable all extensions

To determine whether a faulty extension is causing your problem, you can disable all of your installed extensions:

At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP), and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.

In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.

Click the name of an extension in the list to select it.

Click Disable to disable the selected extension.

Repeat this for each of the other extensions in the list.

Click Restart Firefox.

http://support.mozil...ur-in-safe-mode

PS: I didn't disable all extensions, only RealDownLoader. And that worked.

And my Photobucket account is working ok again too.

I hope it works for you too, Joc.

Unfortunately...no.

I reset Firefox and so all of the add-on extensions like that one are already gone. I think it has something to do with FireFox not meshing correctly with Flash. But Adobe has killed all the Flash 10 downloads. Why would they do that? So what if I like a previous version (that worked) why can't I download that one? No...Adobe apparently decided they know what is best for me.

Ok, so that sucks.

I have searched for an alternative for Adobe, but there is no real one.

However.

YouTube HTML5 Video Player

http://www.youtube.com/html5

I have no experience with it.

Just found out about another browser (never heard of it before), and maybe something for you?

http://www.slimbrowser.net/en/

With a goal to become the best web browser for Windows, SlimBrowser is designed to have superior speed and a large set of powerful features to maximize your online productivity. It starts up quickly and opens web pages right in front of you with minimum delay. It also lets you browse the Internet safely by guarding your personal information and protecting your privacy. SlimBrowser offers various functions and options so that you can go where you want and get whatever you want over the web in the fastest way with the least amount of unnecessary distractions.

SlimBrowser is based on the trident rendering engine and has a super compact setup package of only 3MB. SlimBrowser is compatible with Windows XP / Vista / Win7 / Win8. Download SlimBrowser now and see for yourself what makes it the best internet browser for Windows.

http://www.flashpeak.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SlimBrowser

Ok, so that sucks.

I have searched for an alternative for Adobe, but there is no real one.

However.

YouTube HTML5 Video Player

http://www.youtube.com/html5

I have no experience with it.

Just found out about another browser (never heard of it before), and maybe something for you?

http://www.slimbrowser.net/en/

With a goal to become the best web browser for Windows, SlimBrowser is designed to have superior speed and a large set of powerful features to maximize your online productivity. It starts up quickly and opens web pages right in front of you with minimum delay. It also lets you browse the Internet safely by guarding your personal information and protecting your privacy. SlimBrowser offers various functions and options so that you can go where you want and get whatever you want over the web in the fastest way with the least amount of unnecessary distractions.

SlimBrowser is based on the trident rendering engine and has a super compact setup package of only 3MB. SlimBrowser is compatible with Windows XP / Vista / Win7 / Win8. Download SlimBrowser now and see for yourself what makes it the best internet browser for Windows.

http://www.flashpeak.com/

http://en.wikipedia....iki/SlimBrowser

Thanks for that...but...I just want FireFox to work the way it used to. :no:

Thanks for that...but...I just want FireFox to work the way it used to. :no:

I understand.

And I want a fast, free, safe and bugfree alternative for IE.

FF appears to do the job now, but at this very moment I am trying out SlimBrowser.

+++

EDIT:

I've been using it for half an hour now, and I have no complaints yet. It's - for me - faster than FF.

And it installs fast and simple.

Edited by Abramelin

IE shows me everything I want to see, and somewhat slower than FF. But FF won't let me watch any video, and also doesn't let me use my Photobucket account.

I have AdBlock Plus installed on FF, and I can middle click it to disable it. Doesn't work.

I uninstalled it, doesn't work either. Reinstalled it, doesn't work either. Cursed at it, doesn't work either.

If FF is as good as many say , why you need all the work to make it work properly? Apparently there are many with the same problems.

heheheh that's weird usually the cursing solution works most of times

perhaps the new versions of firefox are not that good

i been using firefox 11 for long time now and no problems at all , video and all everything works perfectly

and plus it's way faster than IE

only once i had problem which firefox stopped showing me anything in forums

can't put smilies can't put anything but i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked

so perhaps you should try older version of it .. like 11

it's fast and reliable and problems free , at least with me

there is really not a whole alot to gain in newer versions in my opinion

heheheh that's weird usually the cursing solution works most of times

perhaps the new versions of firefox are not that good

i been using firefox 11 for long time now and no problems at all , video and all everything works perfectly

and plus it's way faster than IE

only once i had problem which firefox stopped showing me anything in forums

can't put smilies can't put anything but i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked

so perhaps you should try older version of it .. like 11

it's fast and reliable and problems free , at least with me

there is really not a whole alot to gain in newer versions in my opinion

As you can see in a next post, I was able to solve the problem.

And I must say, after using it for 50 minutes, that SlimBrowser is doing just fine.

ahh well perhaps i can try it too

from what you said it seems light and fast " my type of browser " :D

ahh well perhaps i can try it too

from what you said it seems light and fast " my type of browser " :D

That's exactly my prefered type of browser too. I am only loyal to what doesn't give me a headache, lol.

Make Firefox your default browser and Flash will install easily, in my experience.

Or... put some clothes on and stop all that flashing!

Make Firefox your default browser and Flash will install easily, in my experience.

Or... put some clothes on and stop all that flashing!

I did and I'll bet Joc did too, but that didn't work. But I disabled RealDownload 1.1.0 and everything was ok again.

I can't even remember I enabled it or even installed it.

• Like 1