Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

Alphamale06

Some other notable debunkers who made a fool of themselves-

"What, sir, would you make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck? I pray you, excuse me, I have not the time to listen to such nonsense"

-Napoleon Bonaparte, when told of Robert Fulton's steamboat

"You ain't going nowhere, son. You ought to go back to driving a truck"

-Jim Denny, manager of the Grand Ole Opry to Elvis Presley 1954

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done research on... The bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives"

-Adm. William D. Leahy advising Pres. Truman on the atomic bomb 1944

Edited by Crikey

No zoser, its YOUR problem. You're the one who has issues with bumps on rocks. Get a life! So - talking about constructions thousands of miles and even years apart, we find the polygonal style of building in other places such as Japan, Italy, and the Med...just to name a few.

THE SAME STYLE OF BUILDING! Got that?

so what?

Why is it hard to imagine that humans, even separated by distance and time, would think similarly based on simple environmental observations, like the structural integrity or logistics of any given construction method?

"What, sir, would you make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck? I pray you, excuse me, I have not the time to listen to such nonsense"

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done research on... The bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives"

You forgot one...

"I don't know how it was done so it must have been aliens!"

-Any Ancient Astronauts proponent you would care to talk to.

• Like 2

...I gather you haven't taken much science...'

Who me? I got College of Preceptors exam passes in General Science and Advanced Science and worked in a physics lab!

We physicists don't pull our punches.. ;)

"I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds"- Bhagavad Gita quoted by Dr Robert Oppenheimer

(PS- Lily you say in your profile that you like things odd/paranormal, good for you, I might post an account of my possible UFO close encounter/abduction one day and ask your opinion; i've already posted it at other forums and websites)

Edited by Crikey

Who me? I got College of Preceptors exam passes in General Science and Advanced Science and worked in a physics lab!

We physicists don't pull our punches..;)

"I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds"- Bhagavad Gita quoted by Dr Robert Oppenheimer

Wonderful, then you know the difference between a theory and a hypothesis. The "ancient alien theory" can scarcily be called a theory and it's not supported in the manner it needs to be to be called such.

Oh, and the dismissive 'nay-sayers' you mentioned (those who refused to look at any evidence and have little knowledge of scientific principles involved) really do not make a very good analogy for the issues being discussed here. The evidence for the ancient alien hypothesis does not even remotely reach the level of evidence science had for steam locomotion or the atomic bomb.

• Like 1

The difference with what is happening here is that these people were proven wrong in their skepsis.

I still have to see that happen here.

• Like 1

We physicists don't pull our punches.. ;)

(PS- Lily you say in your profile that you like things odd/paranormal, good for you, I might post an account of my possible UFO close encounter/abduction one day and ask your opinion; i've already posted it at other forums and websites)

As long as you don't start again about your, ahem, ((((INCREDIBLE WORKOUTS !!!)))).

The problem with you and many arm chair skeptics who assume something is false first and you base your opinion on popular culture. I call debunkers on these type of forums crank debunkers for that very reason. It's not a bad thing to keep an open mind and not be angered over something that challeges conventional orthodoxy type thinking. The Universe may not revolve around the human race. We may not be all that important in the scheme of things.

Hold on a minute. Skeptics dont necessarily 'assume' something is false first. But the older/more seasoned skeptics tend to see the same subjects over and over, and if and when a subject is presented that a skeptic has looked into before...he/she can 'then' make an instant statement thats its a load of baloney

Skeptics are the ones who consider someones enthusiastic ideas, (in this case ancient aliens building structures or helping man to do it), who then look at the presented evidence and try to establish if there is any merit to the idea. And any decent skeptic does many times the leg work of someone who just posts pics and vids that impressed them.

Its a bit like the youtube vid, where a little girl comes rushing into her father and screams theres a BIG snake outside Daddy!. The obviously mature/wiser father smiles gently and takes the girl by the hand to show him where the snake is.... and it turns out to be a small worm only. In this example we can see in action...that what a child screams at and calls a snake...is in fact only a harmless worm.

Yet it was enough to create a big feeling in the girl who only SAW IT AS A SNAKE, to start with!!

And so it is with skeptics. You says ITS ALIENS....and we just take a look and say... no no no.. Its something else....

Sometimes the ability to separate feeling from facts - is a priceless virtue to have. Believers dont need much convincing do they? Because they have primed themselves to see what they have been looking for, and rationality/common sense, to a believer, is thrown out the window.

Believers see the snake! We have a look and see its just a worm!

BUT all us skeptics will agree on one thing: We want to know the truth!! Id love to know about aliens, but common sense and rationality, and experience and research over the 'years' tends to leave you in a place where there are no facts about ancient aliens, because there is - no evidence of aliens to start with

It wasnt a skeptic who started this thread....

But perhaps more tellingly is the fact that....just about every conversation on this thread has its roots in a semi-fictional tv series about the AA.

Its a bit like discussing if Doctor Who is real - just because its been on the telly.

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

Ha ha, and i call them "Ughs" because no matter what daring groundbreaking new theory comes up, they instantly try to debunk it like neanderthals cowering in the security of their dark caves afraid of lightning bolts.. :)

"Ugh...we afraid...ugh...gods are angry...ugh..."

Sadly no-one has ever proposed any daring ground breaking new theories. The theories discussed as I said before, can be traced back to Von Daniken mostly, and maybe others like him.

But what do you know about UFOs and the evidence that is out there? That's the problem.

and what do YOU know? Bring some evidence to the table and we shall look at it. Evidence mind you, not stories off some dubious UFO website. Or cranky vids from youtube.

Bring us some hard evidence please?

But knowing in advance you cannot do so...That's the problem, as you quite rightly say

We physicists don't pull our punches..

And you are not working at the moment with such qualifications? And you also believe ufos pick signals up from ancient rocks that we allegedly cannot test to know if they release signals or energy... :no: And you also get barred from religious forums and talk to witches on other forums..

Ok crikey, enough said

Remember fans, in my breathtakingly exciting theories and speculations I often include the words "possibly", "maybe", "perhaps" etc to remind people that I'm not claiming them to be true, and that I'm simply offering them for enlightened FUN debate and discussion.

In other words I'm saying I DON'T KNOW if they're true, but let's have FUN discussing them, otherwise what's UM for?

"The universe is wider than our views of it"- Henry David Thoreau (1817 –1862)

The most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom is- "I do not know"- Mr Data

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Crikey

Why is it hard to imagine that humans, even separated by distance and time, would think similarly based on simple environmental observations, like the structural integrity or logistics of any given construction method?

Because the nodules evident on the stonework in Peru and Egypt serve no discernible construction purpose.

It's no good pretending that they do. They don't. If you think they do please state the purpose.

No zoser, its YOUR problem. You're the one who has issues with bumps on rocks. Get a life! So - talking about constructions thousands of miles and even years apart, we find the polygonal style of building in other places such as Japan, Italy, and the Med...just to name a few.

THE SAME STYLE OF BUILDING! Got that?

so what?

If that helps you sleep at night then fine.

It won't however help you to reveal the truth; and I think you know that.

If you can find it on any other granite constructions in the Med, in Malta, Rome, Greece or anywhere else to prove that it could be a by product of this type of construction then I would be interested.

As far as I can see this is unique to the two areas. That is highly significant and lends strong support to the hypothesis of this thread.

It links Peru and Egypt culturally (although I hate the word) and timescale wise.

And that for Archaeology must be a problem.

Edited by zoser

Any counter theories yet? You've had ample time.

Hmmm, I didn't think so.

My theory is clear.

If you are not sure what that is it's here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=237842&st=5850#entry4641765

So I would ask you back; any reason why the nodules appear on granite blocks in both Peru and Egypt when they serve no construction purpose?

Edited by zoser

My theory is clear.

If you are not sure what that is it's here:

http://www.unexplain...50#entry4641765

So I would ask you back; any reason why the nodules appear on granite blocks in both Peru and Egypt when they serve no construction purpose?

It seems that we are back to the old - I dont know, therefore ALIENZ argument.

• Like 1

It seems that we are back to the old - I dont know, therefore ALIENZ argument.

Prove it wrong. Simple.

oh dear, am I included in that "some people"? Oh dear, how very spiteful.

I you feel like being addressed, then maybe you are being addressed.

I just made a general remark, that's all.

But isn't it kind of weird? People who believe in just about any fantasy wandering around the internet (no, I'm not saying you do) tend to despise science and scientists, but when some scientist publishes something up their alley, they won't hesitate to quote him/her.

Prove it wrong. Simple.

Prove aliens did it. Simple.

• Like 1

Show me how anyone could get a rope hold on those nodules.

Also explain why they are only on a certain number of stones.

Doesn't wash. Another terribly weak idea that does not stand the test of reason.

Good luck with solving it.

Do you know what a straw man argument is? That's a rhetorical question because clearly I did not mention ropes. Notice though that the higher the stones, the more and larger the knobs.

You use the term "same" but apparently don't understand its meaning--even a cursory glance at the photographs you provided demonstrate obvious differences in your "nodules."

If you look closely at the Egyptian example, you see a general trend of these "nodules" on lower portions of stones, but they also apparent in some of the mid and top sections. Note also that these are only found on the lower granite course, and only on blocks with unfinished facing (which archaeologists usually attribute to the death of Menkaure near the end of construction). Keep in mind that these blocks have also been exposed to weathering for 4.5k years which can sometimes cause odd effects.

These can hardly be described as nodules. These are clearly deliberately carved structures, of a regular shape, with flat edges. Note also that these are on the inside of the walls. These formations are thus obviously meant to hold some form of internal wooden structure.

This final example, unlike the previous Peruvian example, is an exterior surface, and the nodules here bear no resemblance to those. Instead these are all along the bottom edge of the stones and extant only on upper courses. The latter may imply a role in lifting (an idea which would be strengthened if the nodules were also present on the other side of the blocks).

So clearly the idea of similarity is quite a stretch, and certainly there's nothing specific enough to indicate a cultural connection.

Peru

06-sacsayhuaman.jpg

Egypt

menkaure_p03.jpg

I can find you as many pictures as you like . If you want more please ask.

Better still if you address the issue instead of pretending it wasn't there :blush:

Do you know what a straw man argument is? That's a rhetorical question because clearly I did not mention ropes. Notice though that the higher the stones, the more and larger the knobs.

Au Contraire Mr O.

Zoom in for a closer look if it's not obvious.

Look at the one on the bottom:

menkaure_p03.jpg

Neither is the size of the nodule related to the size of the block:

Mur_Inca_Cuzco.jpg

Edited by zoser

Show me how anyone could get a rope hold on those nodules.

Also explain why they are only on a certain number of stones.

Doesn't wash. Another terribly weak idea that does not stand the test of reason.

Good luck with solving it.

Those nodules were chopped off after the stones were near positioning. Some stones had those nodules chopped off completely, others were left with a remnant of these nodules.

Edited by Abramelin

So no straw mans argument.

A pretty damn tight one if you ask me.

And they are almost always at the bottom edge of the stones.

That supports my idea that these knobs (jesus, how many words do you people have for these things??) were used to transport these stones, either with ropes, or with levers.

Those nodules were chopped off after the stones was near positioning. Some stones had those nodules chopped off completely, others were left with a remnant of these nodules.

Some may well have been chopped off. No evidence that others have though.

No evidence that every block has them either.

That won't do Abe.

Edited by zoser