Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drug/Alcohol Dreams

notforgotten

If I'm understanding this right...

The devil, with evil intent, sends us dreams tempting us to partake again of a drug or alcohol we have partaken of before, presumably while awake.

We are discussing dreams, but this happens to some people who have evil spirits in their lives while they are awake.

What about when one is awake? If the devil is tempting a return through dreams... Was he also whispering over ones shoulder the first time that substance was taken, or egging on the continuing use of it? Some people can experience this while awake with a real voice entering their ears.

Is this supposed to be THE DEVIL- as in an evil entity of the supernatural/paranormal realm? Both human and demon devils partake in temptation. Or the devil, as in the personal demon everyone has inside them? No, a real entity. I mean this in their own troubles, or sorrows of a mental and/or emotional nature.

I wholeheartedly believe in the devil- I don't think I know of anyone that does not have a personal demon or few locked up with the skeletons in the closet. With substance use and addiction, those devils can be stirred up.. And yes indeed, dreams would be part of that. Even when one is asleep, the mind is still working on things. Sometimes things that aren't really acknowledged when we are awake.

All I can say about that is work through it. I think everyone is different in how they do it.

But let's say it's THE DEVIL- an entity with ill intent. Well then I suppose there is help there too. There are a lot of different notions on how to help block out negative whatever, sleep more peacefully under guardian powers.. ect. I won't vouch for any of it working or not... But even if it only brings a little peace of mind, that can of itself bring a little less devil into sleep.

You can witness the powers of the angels in dreams, fallen and otherwise. Thank you for your post.

Didn`t think you would as your saviour liked to bend his elbow alot.

What is this? Are you trying to be funny, or just hostile?

The clear and present difference between having a cup of wine and ruining your life by abusing and being addicted by the effect are such blatantly different things that has me scratching my head on what your intent was saying these rude things.

Whether your aim was to hit some person who believes in a religion that you don't or not, your shot has hit the past drug/alcohol abuser (and current addictive personality that will likely never go away) in me.

All that aside, I think the OP is trying to put a face/name/etc to things they find undesirable or fear. I think dreams come from the deep mind, something not evil or good. It just is.

• Like 1

Well I had an experience that was quite the opposite. A couple years ago, I tried ecstasy. Yes it was awesome.

Later I had a dream where I was literally on it. I had the same sensations, same idiotic actions that would occur on it. Everything. And it was one of the most vivid dreams I ever had.

In the dream I was running around this shipping center and I ran past a store with a hostage situation taking place. After I realized what was happening in that store I did not know what to do because I was on drugs. It made me realize that I will NEVER do ecstacy again. What if I was all twacked out and something serious happened in real life? There would be nothing I could do. I would just have to live knowing I could have changed something if I was sober in the same situation.

So for me, my dream convinced me to never do bad drugs again. And yes, not all "drugs" are bad.

All that aside, I think the OP is trying to put a face/name/etc to things they find undesirable or fear. I think dreams come from the deep mind, something not evil or good. It just is.

This is the primary problem with paranormal or supernatural interpretation is that people believe that it was alll in their heads.

Interesting, but I can say that evil is a reality. I mean yes animals do terrible things to one another but thats because they are lower life forms, we humans are unique and special and need to rise above our animal instincts so while it's true that in the animal level of being all things are neutral, on the human and super human levels morality is as real as sunshine and air

That's probably where this discussion would digress, since I think humans are just another animal, evolved from the same common ancestor as other primates and from there all life on this planet.

So no, I don't think evil has a name or a face, nor does good. They're illusions in our head, like country borders and the economy, only because we care about them, do they exist.

That's probably where this discussion would digress, since I think humans are just another animal, evolved from the same common ancestor as other primates and from there all life on this planet.

So no, I don't think evil has a name or a face, nor does good. They're illusions in our head, like country borders and the economy, only because we care about them, do they exist.

I think there are those who do evil and are creative in thier excuses for what they do, there are degrees to all things and the farther one goes, to the point of building armies etc, the larger these aspects appear. Every entity has both good and bad within them and with natural inclination will react in a combination of primal instinct and conditioning. There are evils that govern us that we need to be aware of, break away from and fight against.. not evil against evil but love against hate.. most people will need to do this in thier own minds.

The fact that we can create the distinction, be it illusion or not, makes human beings not just another animal.

The fact that we can create the distinction, be it illusion or not, makes human beings not just another animal.

It makes us an animal that can make distinctions. Kind of like how we're animals that come up with housing, also like ants and termites, or farm, again like ants, even enslave others, oh wait, ants do that too.

What? Could Neanderthals not make that distinction or any other hominid? With some of the burial sites found of Neanderthals, being buried with items, flowers, and the like, would show that these hominids had some otherness to them that just wasn't 'animal' in your view, but human.

Let me ramble a bit. I wonder if other hominids had 'good' and 'evil' categories but in different manners, much like how Hindu see evil and good being two faces of the same coin, you can't have one with out the other, while most Western religions will say 'evil is unnatural, good is... Er... Good!'

• Like 1

Kind of like how we're animals that come up with housing, also like ants and termites, or farm, again like ants, even enslave others, oh wait, ants do that too.

None of that has anything to do with something human beings created not from nature, but from their own minds. This makes them different in a pretty profound way from the rest of animals. Not that we aren't one; but not 'just another' one. A line in the sand has been well defined. As I would be willing to bet it will be in the future, past us.

As far as that 'otherness' of burial grounds, that's all open to speculation, and you don't know what the meaning of those trinkets could have been. Other animals do the same thing. It doesn't have anything to do with the animal created concepts and philosophy like good and evil. No other animals I know of support those mindsets, except velociraptors.

Don't you think it's time to get back to the OP here you guys? It has to do with the devils tempting people to return to their drug/alcohol use in dreams.

Don't you think it's time to get back to the OP here you guys? It has to do with the devils tempting people to return to their drug/alcohol use in dreams.

I'm an alcoholic, and while I do crave the occasional glass of wine (and would then want the bottle), I've never had any dreams centered around being tempted back to it.

Why would the devils want me to drink?

Edited by Hasina

I'm an alcoholic, and while I do crave the occasional glass of wine (and would then want the bottle), I've never had any dreams centered around being tempted back to it.

Why would the devils want me to drink?

Getting drunk is a sin, an offense against God. Sin separates us from God and leads us to hell. The devils want us in hell. Faith in Jesus leads us to repentance and forgiveness and thus heaven were we will not become an evil spirit in the afterlife.

Getting drunk is a sin, an offense against God. Sin separates us from God and leads us to hell. The devils want us in hell. Faith in Jesus leads us to repentance and forgiveness and thus heaven were we will not become an evil spirit in the afterlife.

Well, luckily I think the Bible's about as truthful as Grimm's Fairy Tales and teaches just about as many good lessons. Though that's why I like this site, though I may not believe in these things, others will offer up their views and theories behind what I and others see as just chemical reactions in our bodies.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know about demons luring you back into certain habits, but any addictive behavior can be a weak point that evil forces can exploit. Even something like piety can be purverted and turned dark, Salem Witch Trials, the Crusades, the key is to remain strong and balanced in your thinking. And as for the whole humans are animals, well it's partially true but I still think we are much more then that. I also believe it is our destiny to destroy the inner ape, and become purely spiritual in nature

• Like 1

I don't believe that having a dream about alcohol or drugs means the darkness is trying to get you to do it. I don't think dreams should be taken that directly. I believe if you had a dream about drinking or alcohol, I think it could mean several things. One- you are stressed out/worried. Two-you are satisfied with your life/having a good time. Or three- maybe you need an outlet to go to or help you with something but you're not doing anything about it.

These dreams appear to occur at the most opportune times. Like the night before payday. When the drug/alcohol user has access to more drugs or alchohol. This is not a coincident. It's all part of the devils master plan to get people to return to their usage.

These dreams appear to occur at the most opportune times. Like the night before payday. When the drug/alcohol user has access to more drugs or alchohol. This is not a coincident. It's all part of the devils master plan to get people to return to their usage.

Uh-oh, the Devil must be an accountant then.

Uh-oh, the Devil must be an accountant then.

The angels, fallen and otherwise are far more intelligent than we are.

By the way, the fallen angels that orchestrate these dreams go unseen. It's their powers that are witnessed in these dreams and they usually use the dead, hence "shackled to the devil."

The angels, fallen and otherwise are far more intelligent than we are.

By the way, the fallen angels that orchestrate these dreams go unseen. It's their powers that are witnessed in these dreams and they usually use the dead, hence "shackled to the devil."

Well, of course, this is a well known fact to everyone. People don't need AA or detox or any of that noise, right? Just get them to a church, pronto! Exercise them demons, hold onto that cross, and all your problems will go away~ Jesus be praised! -sarcasm-

Do you have proof that addictions are cased by evil forces rather then chemical reactions and genetics?

Do you have proof that addictions are cased by evil forces rather then chemical reactions and genetics?

Addictions are caused by a weakness to that addiction. The devils tempt us in dreams to return to that addiction.

Edited by notforgotten

What makes you think that, though? There has to be something that led you to believe that.

Addictions are caused by a weakness to that addiction. The devils tempt us in dreams to return to that addiction.

Have you actually experienced an addiction or are you just talking out of your @ss? Because I have and have overcome them and can tell you addiction has nothing to do with the devil or evil forces. This is just an excuse certain types of addicts use to justify their actions. It's all to do with yourself, the power of your mind and your own will.

Have you actually experienced an addiction or are you just talking out of your @ss? Because I have and have overcome them and can tell you addiction has nothing to do with the devil or evil forces. This is just an excuse certain types of addicts use to justify their actions. It's all to do with yourself, the power of your mind and your own will.

Yes, I have experienced an addiction. The OP is refering to dreams and how drug /alcohol dreams are orchestrated by the devils to get us to return to our usage. These dreams have an evil intent.

An excuse for certain types of addicts or a reality for certain types of addicts? Never think have any one thing figured out especially when talking about how it effects other people. You know about your life and your experiences, not everybody elses.

• Like 1