Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

dog headed people

ali smack

has anyone heard reports of dog headed people in cities.

It sounds interesting and also really odd.

I don't think there real though but wondering why people say they see them?

What are they meant to be?

• Like 1

I would say that people say they see dog-headed people for the same reason that they report seeing any number of other unverifiable likely-imaginary things. Human senses are fallible and what we experience as vision is greatly dependent upon the post-image processing that happens in our brains. That processing is highly subjective depending on the individual, their state of mind, their previous beliefs regarding paranormal things, and also whether they were under the influence of any perception-altering substances.

Its why eyewitness testimony isn't the most solid of evidence that one can rely on.

Its why eyewitness testimony isn't the most solid of evidence that one can rely on.

Just opposite. On eyewitness testimony we send people in jail.

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

@Orange

Inspector must read witness first before he heard story. And knew where,when she/he saw things. Why?

Many people can see same thing but acutally all could interpert differently.

For example. Lets say that 5 people saw a dog.

First will instantly think on family member.

Second will think monster.

Third will think dog.

Fourth will think food.

Fifth will think love.

People interpert differently and altough all of them interpert differently they are all correct. Even discription is different.

It depends on human history,expirience,education.

Also many people see things from one angle and seeing same thing will discribe differently.

Lets say four people saw cup of coffe.

First will say (who looks from top) : it was black with white ring and little smoke.

Second will say white cirlce with white line (that see it from bottom)

Third (who see it from a side) will say it looks like a square.

Fourth will say it looks like rectangle with elipse attached on one side.

All four are right. Just seeing from different angle.

Edited by the L

I've never heard of dog headed people but I guess if you are on the right combination of prescription or illegal drugs you can see anything. Drunks often report pink Elephants.

Iv never heard of people with dog heads but its probably like orange said.

Never heard of them either. But they live in cities? Where everyone has a cell phone and there are street cameras. Where are the photos?

They must need food and shelter in the cities. I wonder if they compete with the coyote populations? :yes:

My people called Dogheads , Mongols when they arrived.

Did you mean your people called Mongols Dogheads? I'm of Mongolian descent on my father's side, second-generation American on his side too. Call me ugly, I'll buy that, but dogfaced, that's rough. :blush:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Just opposite. On eyewitness testimony we send people in jail.

That is despite the fact that eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable.

Human memory can be extremely unreliable. I read about a survey done of September 11 eyewitness accounts. People who were interviewed just after the events described what they saw. A year later they were interviewed and on average something like 30% of the details of their stories had altered in the meantime. Five years after 9/11 they were interviewed, on average, over 50% of the details of their stories had changed from the original account they gave.

And that says nothing about how reliable the original account was. I've seen myself what happens when people are interviewed after a car accident and none of them can agree on even the basic nature of what happened.

The fact that eyewitness testimony is used to convict people is not an indicator of how reliable it is, it is in indication of a serious flaw in how evidence is weighed in court cases.

• Like 2

Like regular humans except for a dogs head? There is a bit of that in lore. I'm not familiar with dog headed people in cities though. Care to share a bit more about this ali?

has anyone heard reports of dog headed people in cities.

One city I know has people with donkey heads. I know of another that has people with cow heads.

Sorry, no cities with dog heads that I know of. That would be weird.

• Like 1

The city I live in has dogs with dog heads...guess that's not as interesting as people with dog heads, but that's the way reality is sometimes.

• Like 2

The city I live in has dogs with dog heads...guess that's not as interesting as people with dog heads, but that's the way reality is sometimes.

Yeah, sucks to be normal, don't it?

• Like 1

A person claimed that they saw one in their house. It appeared out of thin air. They said that it looked intelligent and wise, but it also had an enigmatic air about it. It brought the Egyptian god, Anubis, to mind.

I was thinking of Anubis as well. There was also that dog headed demon on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I forget his name. I have read a few dog headed people sightings. If not here they must have been in the Your True Tales section on the about.com site.

I was thinking of Anubis as well. There was also that dog headed demon on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I forget his name. I have read a few dog headed people sightings. If not here they must have been in the Your True Tales section on the about.com site.

I bet that Linda Godfrey is a good source of information about this. She knows a lot about legends of werewolves and dog-men. This is right up her alley. The dog-headed humanoids sound like much different kinds of entities, though.

anubis_statueforum.jpg

I have never heard of them being seen in the city. I have heard of an eye witness account of one in the country, on a long drive way. A guy walking his dog after dark walked up on it. It looked at him, turned and walked off.

• Like 1

I've a dog headed 4 legged creature living in my house, he attacks family members when they go to feed him, an odd fellow he is indeed. :w00t:

• Like 1

Did you mean your people called Mongols Dogheads? I'm of Mongolian descent on my father's side, second-generation American on his side too. Call me ugly, I'll buy that, but dogfaced, that's rough. :blush:

My people called Mongols Dogheads. Yes. That was a nick name for Mongols when they invaded my land. It isnt surprising because Hunagrians and others called them that way. Its ugly nick nake due their small size and their fur hats. Ugly name isnt surprise since Mongols burn kill and rape. And we Croats were among few people who defeated them. Although it wasnt a "M" of Mongol army but still. Mongols couldnt won on mountain terrain. And btw dont take it as insult. Its just historical fact. In west Europe describe them as two heads, one leged monsters, cannibals and so on.

Also if anything is my field in history its Mongol empire. I studied Mongols foe atleast 10 years now. I adore Temujin and Mongols.

Edited by the L