Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Marriage

ali smack

are you in favour of gay marriage?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. are you in favour of Gay Marriage

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered either way
    • yes. But only in a registry office
    • I am undecided

I cannot believe these gays want equal rights? I mean, who does that in this day and age? Its so uncivilized .Only straight people deserve equal rights.. It's high time people knew this..lol

yep, its so uncivilised, maybe we should all move to Iran or Mali, theres some good examples of straight religious "civilised" people who know all about human rights in this day and age. :whistle:

• Like 1

WHAT?? no Alan Car or Graham Norton? I would not clean my room either if I was your daughter.

Joke, i do not watch them either, not because they are gay, but because I just dont think they are funny. :whistle:

Blasphemy.. Alan Car is very funny What a week it's been eh? lol

yep, its so uncivilised, maybe we should all move to Iran or Mali, theres some good examples of straight religious "civilised" people who know all about human rights in this day and age. :whistle:

Yea sure thing, because those places have the right idea...Now that is civilized

Good job you are not taking me seriously lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Blasphemy.. Alan Car is very funny What a week it's been eh? lol

Yea sure thing, because those places have the right idea...Now that is civilized

Good job you are not taking me seriously lol :P

ofcourse i am, I have even got a fantastic surprise for you.

5086eb44abe0a256_Vector_Smiley_Wink_by_jupiteroom.jpg

Can`t wait any more, got to tell you what it is now:

Becky`s-mom, yoouuuuu are going to IRAN yippeeeeeee, Yep I am paying for it, all expences fully paid and have booked you a fantastic hotel. Please send me a postcard.

ofcourse i am, I have even got a fantastic surprise for you.

5086eb44abe0a256_Vector_Smiley_Wink_by_jupiteroom.jpg

Can`t wait any more, got to tell you what it is now:

Becky`s-mom, yoouuuuu are going to IRAN yippeeeeeee, Yep I am paying for it, all expences fully paid and have booked you a fantastic hotel. Please send me a postcard.

I'm taking you with me, and let everyone know that you and I are gay lovers..lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

I'm taking you with me, and let everyone know that you and I are gay lovers..lol

ok, I will bring the bikini`s and blonde wigs, you bring the alcohol. its going to be fun.

hope we get back in time to watch Alan Car though, I know how upset you get if you miss a show. lol

Ps: where has everyone gone? i think we have frightened them off.

hmmm-anim-hmmm-female-smiley-emoticon-000550-large.gif

ok, I will bring the bikini`s and blonde wigs, you bring the alcohol. its going to be fun.

hope we get back in time to watch Alan Car though, I know how upset you get if you miss a show. lol

I always have my Sky box ready to record Alan Car Chatty Man..You have to admit, he is funny..You'd better admit it, or I'll refund my plane tickets !

Ps: where has everyone gone? i think we have frightened them off.

They are huffing because you offered me free tickets and not them..lol I don't know where they went.. They all know my previous posts in here are not serious, so there is no real challenge for them as yet...

• Like 1

If it was up to me you can have gay marriages practically anywhere.

However it's not but I'm still reasonably happy for the civil ceremonies to continue in registry offices.

Places where redneck preachers have no jurisdiction whatsoever.

I'm actually pretty familiar with one gay marriage and it's just guesswork with an other.

My sister- in- laws sister got married to her girlfriend four days before last Xmas.

The only thing I'm bothered about in that state of affairs is no invite.

But I've met the happy couple before in Sutton Coldfield and didn't see any signs of deviant behaviour.

While my former neighbours were lesbians and they were raising a daughter.

I don't know which one conceived the daughter or if they were in a civil partnership.

I'm not what you call a nosy neighbour.

Tbh there's so many kids coming from broken homes I honestly can't see the problem of adoption.

Ladies,you can get back to your flirting.lol.

Edited by Medium Brown
  • Like 1

Becky & Freetoroam

Take it to a room :yes:

Ladies,you can get back to your flirting.lol.

See that freetoroam, we are told to get a room lol :P

Banter to one side...

I don't which one conceived the daughter or if they were in a civil partnership.

My cousin Sarah is gay and in a good steady relationship with her partner.. Sarah loves kids, she looks after so many in her job, but is waiting on word to have IVF treatment, so she can have one of her own,,, I wish her all the best... Lesbian or not, the maternal instinct is still there for many .....

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Becky & Freetoroam you are in danger of threadjacking.

Take it to a room :yes:

Br Cornelius

Sorry, we thought everyone had gone away. Didn`t realise you were hiding round the corner.

take it to a room??? are you trying to imply we are gay?

what are your opinions of Gay Marriage in the UK?

Are you for it?

Against it?

Not fussed either way?

Or agree but think it shouldn't be allowed in a church?

Discuss

After doing some Bible research I was amazed to discover homosexuality isnt necessary the one way road to hell I thought it was. Putting aside what priests say the Bible quite clearly states there is only one unforgiveable sin which is bad mouthing God. Apparently if a homosexual is really sorry for their sin, stops practising it and avoids situations where it could happen again then God would forgive them.

I still think the Church shouldnt be practising gay marriage so I vote no. If they sort their minds out and want to marry someone of the opposite sex then that should be allowed. As for those who want to commit to a same sex partner they should have to make do with civil union. If any legal issues are outstanding which stop them having rights afforded to hetrosexual couples then it can be looked into.

After doing some Bible research I was amazed to discover homosexuality isnt necessary the one way road to hell I thought it was. Putting aside what priests say the Bible quite clearly states there is only one unforgiveable sin which is bad mouthing God. Apparently if a homosexual is really sorry for their sin, stops practising it and avoids situations where it could happen again then God would forgive them.

I still think the Church shouldnt be practising gay marriage so I vote no. If they sort their minds out and want to marry someone of the opposite sex then that should be allowed. As for those who want to commit to a same sex partner they should have to make do with civil union. If any legal issues are outstanding which stop them having rights afforded to hetrosexual couples then it can be looked into.

I agree with most, but I did ask earlier this question, why can it not be called marriage as marriage is not only for the religious people? I am not religious and there was no objections to me getting married.

what difference does it make what its called, if you are not religious and marry in a registry office, what is the difference between that and being gay marrying in the a registry office?

I agree with most, but I did ask earlier this question, why can it not be called marriage as marriage is not only for the religious people? I am not religious and there was no objections to me getting married.

what difference does it make what its called, if you are not religious and marry in a registry office, what is the difference between that and being gay marrying in the a registry office?

So long as gay marriages arent forced on the Church there is no conflict.

• Like 1

Easy answer is that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Now the real question is, why change the definition of marriage when there is already ceremonies availiable that grant you the exact same rights.

So this thread is not about equal rights, its about the name of the ceremony. Hence me saying "a rose by any other name..." except that in this case it obviously doesn't smell as sweet to some.

So long as gay marriages arent forced on the Church there is no conflict.

Exactly what I have been saying throughout this thread.

Easy answer is that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Now the real question is, why change the definition of marriage when there is already ceremonies availiable that grant you the exact same rights.

So this thread is not about equal rights, its about the name of the ceremony. Hence me saying "a rose by any other name..." except that in this case it obviously doesn't smell as sweet to some.

But according to who? i am not religious and yet I am married. The church have their definition on marriage, those who are not religious have theirs. I do not want to be classed as different just because the church tell me too. I am not enforcing my views onto the church, so they should not enforce their on mine.

Did you see the link I put up earlier about a "church wedding" ? how does the church explain that?

Ans as pointed out, how does the church explain the divorces between people who have been married by them.....their hypocrisy has no right to tell me whether I can get married or not or what it should be called.

But according to who? i am not religious and yet I am married. The church have their definition on marriage, those who are not religious have theirs. I do not want to be classed as different just because the church tell me too. I am not enforcing my views onto the church, so they should not enforce their on mine.

Did you see the link I put up earlier about a "church wedding" ? how does the church explain that?

Ans as pointed out, how does the church explain the divorces between people who have been married by them.....their hypocrisy has no right to tell me whether I can get married or not or what it should be called.

It is widely accepted throughout the world that marriage is between a man and a woman. People who have same sex ceremonies have the same rights. What difference does the name make?

I think in my opinion that gays should be allowed to get married. But civil partnerships should be done away with because if we have equal rights.

Then why have a civil partnership if marriage is legal?

Also I believe that if a church is happy with it. Then by all means allow it.If there not happy marrying them then fair enough.I don't think churches should be bullied into marrying gays if they don't want to.I do hate the fact that people have been accused of homophobia who don't agree with it though.

• Like 1

It is widely accepted throughout the world that marriage is between a man and a woman. People who have same sex ceremonies have the same rights. What difference does the name make?

If gay people want to marry, then the church has no right to deny them this, not with their track history! Exactly, what difference does the name make? none! now if the gay people want to get married in a church, then thats a different story.

There are many different views on marriage, there are some religions where arranged marriages are accepted, I do not agree with them, but its still allowed to be called marriage.

I think in my opinion that gays should be allowed to get married. But civil partnerships should be done away with because if we have equal rights.

Then why have a civil partnership if marriage is legal?

Also I believe that if a church is happy with it. Then by all means allow it.If there not happy marrying them then fair enough.I don't think churches should be bullied into marrying gays if they don't want to.I do hate the fact that people have been accused of homophobia who don't agree with it though.

Don't get rid of civil partnerships. I myself would have a civil partnership over a marriage anyday.

Marriage is the name of a sacrament in all christian churches. I don't want the name of my ceremony associated with ANY religion.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill

If gay people want to marry, then the church has no right to deny them this, not with their track history! Exactly, what difference does the name make? none! now if the gay people want to get married in a church, then thats a different story.

There are many different views on marriage, there are some religions where arranged marriages are accepted, I do not agree with them, but its still allowed to be called marriage.

They are called marriage because they are between a man and a woman. Much like we call poodles dogs, even though there is mcuh difference between different breeds. We could call civil unions marriage, but no matter how many feathers you glue to a dog, it doesn't make it a chicken.

They are called marriage because they are between a man and a woman. Much like we call poodles dogs, even though there is mcuh difference between different breeds. We could call civil unions marriage, but no matter how many feathers you glue to a dog, it doesn't make it a chicken.

haha, but gay people are still people. So you can not say one is a chicken the other is a dog, we are all the same breed.

I am not gay, I am not religious, so why can I get married and yet Julia and Lisa can`t? I am no better than them just because my husband is a man.

Religion says it is between a man and a woman? But they will not let people who are not religious marry in their churches.....so I do not see how the church have a right to say what marriage is about and who it should be between, when their records are so flawed.

Times have changed, marriage is no longer just man and woman, just because some religions are still living behind the times, does not mean they can make others do the same.

haha, but gay people are still people. So you can not say one is a chicken the other is a dog, we are all the same breed.

I am not gay, I am not religious, so why can I get married and yet Julia and Lisa can`t? I am no better than them just because my husband is a man.

You might have a point if they did not have equal rights. But so far the only thing that same sex couples can't do is say "we're married". Is that a right? Marriage in all its forms around the world is (with a few exceptions now) between a man and a woman. So we have to change the words definition for same sex couples to have that right. Can we change the definition of the word "woman" so that i can claim i am a woman? I feel discriminated against because i have a penis and can't call myself a woman! After all we are all human!

Or is that just a silly game of semantics, which is ultimately useless?

You might have a point if they did not have equal rights. But so far the only thing that same sex couples can't do is say "we're married". Is that a right? Marriage in all its forms around the world is (with a few exceptions now) between a man and a woman. So we have to change the words definition for same sex couples to have that right. Can we change the definition of the word "woman" so that i can claim i am a woman? I feel discriminated against because i have a penis and can't call myself a woman! After all we are all human!

Or is that just a silly game of semantics, which is ultimately useless?

never knew they could not say "we`re married" but very much think they do say it.

I have said before, religion has caused enough problems, so they have no right to dictate. Marriage does not just relate to religion, again, i am not religious but am married and see no difference today why John and Paul can not say the same....as long as they do not try and enforce it in the church!