Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arming the TSA

Stellar

I know that the TSA does have some armed agents, but from my understanding, the ones at the airports are not. I caught the tail end of a discussion on the radio that seemed to be talking about the possible arming of these TSA agents. What are your thoughts on this?

why?? they are trigger happy, arrogant idots for the most part. afaik, there was no single incednts that showed a need for tsa to have guns. not to mention there are always armed cops in airports.

• Like 1

Have you seen the average TSDA agent. In no way should they be armed. And just how mnay threats have they thwarted since 911 that included use of deadly force. Ive also heard TSA being expanded to rail and bus travel. Hopefully International only but who knows how far Obama is willing to go to make his own personal army.

• Like 1

Yeah TSA is a joke. But there an integral part of the POTUS private army.

why?? they are trigger happy, arrogant idots for the most part. afaik, there was no single incednts that showed a need for tsa to have guns. not to mention there are always armed cops in airports.

In no way should they be armed.

There's no "need" for the tsa to have guns? They should not be armed? Is it not their right to be armed, though? I see the two of you telling me and others how its everyone's "right" to be armed, and "gun free zones" are a bad idea, and how the police is not always going to be there right when you need them.

Is all that suddenly negated by the fact that they're part of the TSA? They are american citizens, no?

Personally, I think that the TSA should be disbanned... but if we're going to talk about arming teachers and everyone "just in case" and "because its their right", why does that right not extend to government workers?

• Like 2

If they have CCW and the area is declared not a no gun free zone then sure. Feel free to have a TSA agent with a ccw be armed but thats the limit of reasonable law at which point you then have to allow the average citizen with a ccw the same right to bear arms in the area. So its a goose with a gander. Thats how American Law works.

Edited by AsteroidX

Yes I would agree they do seem to be part of the presidents private army. Shouldn't of let the last president and his cronies start this, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now. Just think everyone it all started with the patriot act, now we have drones flying over us all, what will be next? No don't give those people guns. I think they are dangerous enough with a x-ray machine.

• Like 1

There's no "need" for the tsa to have guns? They should not be armed? Is it not their right to be armed, though? I see the two of you telling me and others how its everyone's "right" to be armed, and "gun free zones" are a bad idea, and how the police is not always going to be there right when you need them.

Is all that suddenly negated by the fact that they're part of the TSA? They are american citizens, no?

Personally, I think that the TSA should be disbanned... but if we're going to talk about arming teachers and everyone "just in case" and "because its their right", why does that right not extend to government workers?

A person who works at McDonald's has the right to bear arms - but (by corporate 'law') NOT as part of their uniform - and not while on duty... The same goes with many private "Security" companys (the ones that usually check ID badges at a business' doors)... One way of looking at it is that the Individual has the right to bear arms when representing themself - but while representing another, they might not depending on a mutually agreed upon contract (condition of employment)... Of course, I suspect you realized that when you made your statement...

Edited by Taun

Like the GWOT, the boys and girls in blue are the product of deception. Besides the bureaucratic career opportunities it presents, the main function of the agency is to condition the american public, at least those who travel by airlines and other public transportation, to having government agents touch and search their bodies. After several years, most of the public now happily accepts being searched daily without any sort of 4th Amendment protections.

Conditioning, is what it's all about, and it has been very successful.

• Like 1

<p>

it is not about their rights as an individual, but posibuility of their guns to be taken away, and bystanders will get hurt. i have 0 faith in 98% of tsa agents being trained to use it right, and most importantly, their abuse of power. they can have all the guns they want once they are off the job.same reason correction cops don't carry guns at work, no one says they have no right.

I completely agree with this sentiment... I also agree that TSA should be disbanned.

To clarify, I think they should be able to have guns, like all non felons in the U.S., but I think TSA should cease to exist.

• Like 1