Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Horse meat could still be on sale in Britain

Still Waters

i think you'll find the consumption was limited, infact if you knew a thing or two instead of just headline grabbing of the first result google throws up, to try and make a point in our game of oneupmanship :passifier: - if you knew your history you'll find the increase in horse meat consumption was to do with refugees from the first world war. who came over here. once we sorted that little mess out, and brought a bit of civility back to europe the consumption decreased to the level we see today which seems to be 80%+ of beef products. those dirty europeans' how dare they feed us that tripe, a food of depression and poverty. only something the lessers would eat with relish. the likes of the Koreans of Europe France. they'd eat anything. - Britain 1 - Questionmark - 0

I just took you up on your statement, which was pretty categorical. So I suppose you say that Britain indeed was uncivilized until the 30s. Because in the rest of Europe the consumption of horse was pretty limited too. Mostly to horses nobody wanted anymore or to sick to use as animal of burden.

It's not just red meat we have to worry about.

600781_4390429601276_1528980094_n.jpg

Edited by ExpandMyMind

in related news:

I don't know really...

I'm dithering a little bit here having seen horsemeat being displayed in a continental shop.

These lasagnes could be kosher but it's still processed food.

So in a way it makes it more dubious than horsemeat in burgers even though they had more of an inkling when it came to the true content.

Because processed food or any snack you stick in a microwave does have warning signs.

How many times has my sister told me to have your food fresh instead of this.

You might have more of a bulge in your shopping bag but I think people in the UK are going to get ingredients instead.

I don't think you would ever call a home- made lasagne processed.

Btw I'm fully expecting this fiasco to never end with the new revelation of horse's cheese.

That's going to cause a backlash for sure.

Edited by Medium Brown

What gets me is not the horsemeat alone, its the fact that the supermarkets do not seems to know what they are selling on their shelves. Surely they have "buyers" who check these things out. There are regulations which have been severely broken here.

What else is on our shelves which the supermarkets do not know about?

AND why are they buying meat from Poland anyway, are we that short of cows now since they killed many during the BSE crisis.....and where did the food for the cows come from then? all over Europe. And we are following the rules they tell us to? why?

• Like 3

What else are these bl**dy Europeans gonna get up to,to try and upset us. Its time we turned our backs on them.Out of the 27 member Euro states we have about 4 allies the rest are against Britain, for whatever reason their twisted minds can come up with,and we are still contributing £millions to their coffers.

• Like 2

What else are these bl**dy Europeans gonna get up to,to try and upset us. Its time we turned our backs on them.Out of the 27 member Euro states we have about 4 allies the rest are against Britain, for whatever reason their twisted minds can come up with,and we are still contributing £millions to their coffers.

Well they are sending their horse meat over here, next they will be sending their criminals.................oh wait!

Well they are sending their horse meat over here, next they will be sending their criminals.................oh wait!

Nah, not enough room for them,we are full up with tikka massala merchants.
  • Like 1

Shopping in morning, Horse Bughers off the menu, Lasagne also, is chicken ok,or are they battery fed, Corned Beef from Argentina, No, Sushi ? no it might be Dolphin. Ok nothing from Europe, I'll be there hours checking labels.what does that leave ? Welsh Lamb, No it could be radioactive. oh a bacon buttie might be ok because it wont be interfered with by middle eastern countries,yeah man thats it BACON butties forever.

• Like 2

reckon its going to have to be lettuce....oh wait, maybe not:

Dole Fresh Vegetables is voluntarily recalling 756 cases of DOLE® Seven Lettuces salad with Use-by Date of April 11, 2012, UPC code 71430 01057 and Product Codes 0577N089112A and 0577N089112B, due to a possible health risk from Salmonella. Dole Fresh Vegetables is coordinating closely with regulatory officials.

They should have reached England by now.

It's not just red meat we have to worry about.

600781_4390429601276_1528980094_n.jpg

Welcome to the future!

This is what you'll get if the cod and haddock stocks are fully depleted from the North Sea.

Oh spud, spud how could you even think such a thing? Many of the Member States (especially in the Eastern 'bloc') absolutely adore the UK! In fact, they actually encourage their work-shy and criminal underclasses to come here and partake of the wonderful benefits freely shovelled out to anybody who turns up in the back of a lorry at Dover! Where would they find a dustbin this size again?

• Like 2

Oh spud, spud how could you even think such a thing? Many of the Member States (especially in the Eastern 'bloc') absolutely adore the UK! In fact, they actually encourage their work-shy and criminal underclasses to come here and partake of the wonderful benefits freely shovelled out to anybody who turns up in the back of a lorry at Dover! Where would they find a dustbin this size again?

Back of the lorry is so yesterday. They can all come by Eurostar and no questions get asked.

2 years ago I was on a boat from Le Harve to Portsmouth, it was a night boat. I can tell you know, there were more "tourists" on that boat than there are security checks in one year at customs!

• Like 1

Britain has unfortunately made itself a laughing stock in Europe and around the world. Why on earth we let people in that genuinely despise this country is beyond me. You can be a terrorist and killed lots of British citizens and still easily walk in a use our own Justice system to make sure you can't be removed.

Does anyone remember the tax credit scandal when there were massive over payments or payments given to people who shouldn't have claimed it. HMRC made British citizens pay it back but wrote to the foreign nationals that had no right to claim it saying they did not require them to pay it back.

Councils refuse to give details on why immigrants jump the housing queues. You can come from a European country that has no welfare state but walk into the UK and claim from ours. When we pick up illegal immigrants then release then to disappear on bail.

The UK needs to get its act together and stick two fingers up to these ridiculous open door laws imposed on us by the EU. It's about time the EU played fair with the Asylum system which requires a person to make a claim in the first safe country they enter, not travel across Europe till they get to England to claim it.

• Like 3

Back of the lorry is so yesterday. They can all come by Eurostar and no questions get asked.

2 years ago I was on a boat from Le Harve to Portsmouth, it was a night boat. I can tell you know, there were more "tourists" on that boat than there are security checks in one year at customs!

Hi Free, Its not Customs who make the checks, but the Immigration Service now known as Border Patrol,we literally have no Customs as they have been absorbed by Inland Revenue,the Majority of Customs Officers are now V.A.T. & Excise people who dont go anywhere near Ports /Airports.The only Proper Customs Officers are the ones seen at the big Airports, Heathrow,Stanstead etc, the rest are "paper shufflers",and the reason the Asylum Seekers get in so easily is the Gov't cut the Immigration Service to the bone,then suddenly realised that was a bad image when the last Elections were due to they thought if they called the Service by a different name, Hey Presto it would work with the same staff ,who do their best but are overwhelmed by numbers.I guess the last P.M. the right Honorable Mr.B,liar was to blame for the damage,but nothing has been done to rectify the change. Edited by spud the mackem
  • Like 1

Oh Dear,I apologise for being So wrong,of course they love us,or they wouldnt come here, but stay in France.Of course the French pass them on as they speak English not French, and you must learn the language to stay there. Sorry do forgive my error. ha ha .

Britain has unfortunately made itself a laughing stock in Europe and around the world. Why on earth we let people in that genuinely despise this country is beyond me.

I agree with the rest of your post.

As for them despising this country, I think its the opposite. they love it. In fact, it makes them so happy they can`t stop laughing.........at us!

Hi Free, Its not Customs who make the checks, but the Immigration Service now known as Border Patrol,we literally have no Customs as they have been absorbed by Inland Revenue,the Majority of Customs Officers are now V.A.T. & Excise people who dont go anywhere near Ports /Airports.The only Proper Customs Officers are the ones seen at the big Airports, Heathrow,Stanstead etc, the rest are "paper shufflers",and the reason the Asylum Seekers get in so easily is the Gov't cut the Immigration Service to the bone,then suddenly realised that was a bad image when the last Elections were due to they thought if they called the Service by a different name, Hey Presto it would work with the same staff ,who do their best but are overwhelmed by numbers.I guess the last P.M. the right Honorable Mr.B,liar was to blame for the damage,but nothing has been done to rectify the change.

Sorry, my mistake...

shy-shy-timid-timorous-smiley-emoticon-000447-large.gif

.or course,the Border Patrol

Do you remember this story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1162991/Airport-border-control-officer-accused-letting-migrants-Britain-fake-passports.html#axzz2KQgD6100

and last year this:

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/world-news/49342-immigration-officers-trying-to-sneak-nigerian-into-uk-arrested-

This is what we get when they employ them in those departments! Sorry ENGLISH only should be working in the immigration and border control departments. How many more have we not caught or do not hear about?

The horse meat has now come from France! Poland, France, god knows where else? Next it will turn out to be zebra meat!

So this is how the supermarkets have managed to keep the prices so low, 99p for a "beef" lasagne. And they tell us they knew nothing about it being horsemeat? absolute horse pooh IMO

Edited by freetoroam

The horse meat has now come from France! Poland, France, god knows where else? Next it will turn out to be zebra meat!

So this is how the supermarkets have managed to keep the prices so low, 99p for a "beef" lasagne. And they tell us they knew nothing about it being horsemeat? absolute horse pooh IMO

Look on the bright side

None of us are going to have mad cows disease. Off course the downside is that when they actually start putting beef in food claiming to be beef it isnt going to taste the same lol.

Edited by Mr Right Wing
  • Like 1

Look on the bright side

Not of us are going to have mad cows

Very true, maybe the horse meat will actually do some good for thosemad cows people who still suffer from mad cows.

I wonder if the Houses of Parliament like Findus?

Very true, maybe the horse meat will actually do some good for thosemad cows people who still suffer from mad cows.

I wonder if the Houses of Parliament like Findus?

If not I reccomend it to them as I've had many findus lasagnes. Mmmmm yum.

Look on the bright side

None of us are going to have mad cows disease.

Very true!

Er.... There's no risk that you might get "mad horse" disease though? :cry: If not, good! If yes, oh bugger.....

Edited by Shayde

why am i not surprised the sources of the meat is coming from countries outside of the UK. civilized people dont eat horse.

What countries are you talking about? Where did the raw material ( mince meat ) came from? I am talking about the source as to where - England, Ireland, France etc got their mince meat directly from where?

Edited by Beckys_Mom