Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1 dead, 600,000 without power

rashore

I just got my power back after more than 2 days without even heat. There's about 22 inches of new snow and many, many trees are down. It was like a blizzard/hurricane hybrid....totally horrible and frightening (kept waiting for a tree to fall on my house!). Lots of people still don't have their power...and the temperature is down in the teens (F) at night. Freezing in the dark really stinks.

It's good to hear from you and I'm glad you got your power back on. That's really cold to be without heat and I can't imagine being in the dark in a storm like that. Hope everyone else gets their's back quickly. The news said it would take some time to recover from this storm. TC.

• Like 1

Best wishes and please stay warm and safe.

We are getting snow here again, due for more flooding too, I am prepared because we have generators and are well coaled and wooded up for the fire, but many households do not know what to do when the "convenient" lifestyle gets disrupted by nature.

Out of curiosity, didn't you say you live on a boat?

Out of curiosity, didn't you say you live on a boat?

Yes, " we have generators and are well coaled and wooded up for the fire,"..........

Its a proper boat, not a dinghy.

We do have electric hook up, but also a generator for if the shoreline electric goes off, like it did a couple of weeks ago.

Love my multifuel burner, warms up the whole boat and is so cosy.

I just got my power back after more than 2 days without even heat. There's about 22 inches of new snow and many, many trees are down. It was like a blizzard/hurricane hybrid....totally horrible and frightening (kept waiting for a tree to fall on my house!). Lots of people still don't have their power...and the temperature is down in the teens (F) at night. Freezing in the dark really stinks.

nice to hear you are ok, we were getting a little worried. Hope you can keep warm and have lots of candles. :yes:

• Like 1