Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun Control Advocates Practice Hypocrisy ?

Simbi Laveau

It would appear that people who want to control gun ownership in the USA ,have no intention of following the same guidelines they want applied to everyone else.

They refuse to put GUN FREE ZONE signs on their lawns,and have armed body guards .

Ho hum.

This is why there can be no progress on many issues in the US I find. As soon as someone mentions they have a 1 particular belief/desire, they get thrown into a group (liberal, anti-gun, etc) and with that they inherit (whether rightfully or wrongly) all the beliefs of the group.
  • Like 2

Thanks for proving my point. The people running this country are bad enough. Thank god for people like you are living where you do. I'm a loudmouth? Do you see me trolling the Aussie section of this website spouting out crap about how a country should be run that I've never been to and having no business arguing and pushing my viewpoints? Thanks for the laugh bud. I don't give a damn about your country, I mind my business and only put my thoughts here in the U.S. section... the place I live.

It's funny how you anti-gun people who don't even live here are the same ones trolling every single gun thread in the U.S. portion of the forums.

Why dont you just leave and go to an "Americans only" forum if you dont like open discussion.

• Like 6

The news is suppose to be unbiased, reflecting actual events so people can decide what is right or wrong for them. Now it has only been turned into an avenue politicians can use to influence the population.

No privately owned media news source can ever be truly unbiased.

I haven't seen hardly any news cover that covers the pros of being a gun owner, it is always the cons of owning a gun.

Listing the cons is pretty much the function of the watchdog press when bad things happen.

The media don't go out of their way to list the pros of ice cream during a salmonella outbreak, for example.

Covering the pros is the job of the ice-cream manufacturers marketing departments.

• Like 1

No privately owned media news source can ever be truly unbiased.

Come on now. Surely you wouldn't prefer government owned media news sources to privately owned ones. Talk about biased.

There is also a third option: Publically fundet media outlets, which are usually the most unbiased news sources.

• Like 1

Come on now. Surely you wouldn't prefer government owned media news sources to privately owned ones. Talk about biased.

Where do you believe I said that, exactly?

Why dont you just leave and go to an "Americans only" forum if you dont like open discussion.

You don't think you people anger some of us by spouting out what you think should happen to us? Common sense dude...

• Like 1

Don't you think outside input might be helpful sometimes? Especially if it is about different experiences on the same issues?

You don't think you people anger some of us by spouting out what you think should happen to us? Common sense dude...

I couldn't care less if I anger you by telling you my opinion. If you get angry when hearing other people's opinions, perhaps you shouldn't participate in this discussion forum and go elsewhere.

• Like 2

Where do you believe I said that, exactly?

Sorry, I was thinking there was only private owned or government owned media news outlets.

Can you or Flombie give me the names of some publically funded news outlets? I thought of PBS but they receive some funding from the government. My google search didn't return any others but perhaps I didn't enter the correct parameters.

Don't you think outside input might be helpful sometimes? Especially if it is about different experiences on the same issues?

Sure I do. But almost every gun control supporter will repeat themselves over and over. They ignore facts or blatantly disregard them and act as if they weren't presented at all.

I couldn't care less if I anger you by telling you my opinion. If you get angry when hearing other people's opinions, perhaps you shouldn't participate in this discussion forum and go elsewhere.

After your little comment, it seems I get under your skin as well. Little, "hypocritical" don't you think? Take your own advice.

Sure I do. But almost every gun control supporter will repeat themselves over and over. They ignore facts or blatantly disregard them and act as if they weren't presented at all.

After your little comment, it seems I get under your skin as well. Little, "hypocritical" don't you think? Take your own advice.

Im not the one telling you you dont have the right to your opinion simply because youre not from a certain country. As the moderators pointed out in numerous threads, everyone can share their opinion here, regardless of nationality.

Edited by Stellar
  • Like 1

Im not the one telling you you dont have the right to your opinion simply because youre not from a certain country. As the moderator pointed out, everyone can share their opinion here, regardless of nationality.

I'm not saying you don't have a right. It's just when people who don't even live here with their, "oh well quit crying you don't guns anyway they kill people" attitude that really annoys me. They aren't the ones being stripped of their 2nd amendment and think we should let it be taken that really gets me.

Well, this goes for both sides, doesn't it? There are also tons of facts for both sides of the argument.

And it really does not matter where somebody is from on this board. Actually, that is one of the reasons why I am here. These are open descussions with some international input, so get used to it. Life is not a picnic.

I'm not saying you don't have a right. It's just when people who don't even live here with their, "oh well quit crying you don't guns anyway they kill people" attitude that really annoys me. They aren't the ones being stripped of their 2nd amendment and think we should let it be taken that really gets me.

Yeah well, it may annoy you, but you do have to deal with it as this is a discussion forum and those "annoying people" from outside your country are free and even encouraged to share those opinions.

• Like 1

Sorry, I was thinking there was only private owned or government owned media news outlets.

Can you or Flombie give me the names of some publically funded news outlets? I thought of PBS but they receive some funding from the government. My google search didn't return any others but perhaps I didn't enter the correct parameters.

The most commonly used example is the BBC, who exist via royal charter, and are funded by public licence fees and, as such, are independent of government. Many countries (such as Japan) have used a similar licence model to create their own Public Service Broadcasting.

The US, not so much. The CPB is about as close as it gets.

Edited by Tiggs
  • Like 2

Look, we don't even have anything like the 2nd amendment, and nobody cares! It is not defining your life as much as you think. I guess that is why "we" (we also have very different ideas of how gun control should be put into practice) are so stunned by your reactions in this debate.

• Like 4

The most commonly used example is the BBC, who exist via royal charter, and are funded by public licence fees and, as such, are independent of government. Many countries (such as Japan) have used a similar licence model to create their own Public Service Broadcasting.

The US, not so much. The CPB is about as close as it gets.

Here in Germany we have ARD and ZDF and various smaller channels (mainly regional) of those two stations.

Look, we don't even have anything like the 2nd amendment, and nobody cares! It is not defining your life as much as you think. I guess that is why "we" (we also have very different ideas of how gun control should be put into practice) are so stunned by your reactions in this debate.

No, it is a part of my life. Every winter I have the time of my life with my brothers and family at deer camp. We all love to shoot skeet, we have a blast. And if you think you're "stunned" at my reaction. Wait until you see the country's they really do try taking them. I'm not the only one who who is extremely p***ed over the whole situation.

No, it is a part of my life. Every winter I have the time of my life with my brothers and family at deer camp. We all love to shoot skeet, we have a blast. And if you think you're "stunned" at my reaction. Wait until you see the country's they really do try taking them. I'm not the only one who who is extremely p***ed over the whole situation.

I see... so because you enjoy shooting skeet, there should be no gun control. Sure.

I enjoy driving 200 km/h in school zones, I guess there should be no speed limits either.

• Like 4

Again, I meant the plural of your (geez, is English to imprecise as a language, or what?). And gun control does not mean you have to miss out on all that. And even then: Times can change, and many before had to reconsider their recreational activities. You'd survive it.

You think skeet shooting and hunting is impossible in Germany, am I right?

Yes but you don't need the 2nd Amendment to do those things. Plenty of people go hunting here in Canada. There's gun clubs and shooting matches and the like. All without a 2nd Amendment. That's where the stunned reaction comes from. Some Americans go off as if any hint of reform to gun laws will destroy the 2nd Amendment and make all guns disappear. Then we look around and see all the guns in our countries and we wonder what the big deal is.

• Like 4

Yes but you don't need the 2nd Amendment to do those things. Plenty of people go hunting here in Canada. There's gun clubs and shooting matches and the like. All without a 2nd Amendment. That's where the stunned reaction comes from. Some Americans go off as if any hint of reform to gun laws will destroy the 2nd Amendment and make all guns disappear. Then we look around and see all the guns in our countries and we wonder what the big deal is.

Why in the hell would I want to go pay for a dumb ass club to go hunting? Yeah, Americans go off at any hint, because we have the balls to stand up and say no when we really need to.

• Like 1