Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coca-Cola drinking linked to woman's death

Still Waters

At least one of her children was born without enamel on its teeth due to this, according to the article, that's a sign. It bad for you.

[quote name=ozman' timestamp='1360704213' post='4661436'

The coroner has said that drinking 10 liters of coke per day is what contributed to the death of a new zealand man.

Thats 2 pouns of high fructose corn syrup sugars per day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-21423499

It's the high fructose corn syrup ,not the sugar.

Not that refined sugar is good for you ,but high fructose corn syrup is what causes the fatty liver .And its in EVERYTHING .

So just blaming soft drinks,instead of getting rid of HFCS is the answer to this.

Fail .

It's in yogurt its in ketchup its in any kind of sweet pickle you buy .It's in all candies its in cereal its in EVERYTHING .

But its soft drinks killing us.

I'm not saying drinking 5 two liter bottles of anything is wise,but note the real culprits,and stop blaming soda .

My mayor should take note.

• Like 1

Coke in Aus/NZ is commonly made with cane sugar not corn syrup.

I actually wasn't sure on that point , as some countries do ,some don't.

It is the HFCS that causes fatty liver though . Regular cane sugar doesn't usually cause liver issues .

I actually wasn't sure on that point , as some countries do ,some don't.

It is the HFCS that causes fatty liver though . Regular cane sugar doesn't usually cause liver issues .

NZ switched over to US made coke in 2011 ,because the price of NZ made coke went so high .

Best guess,two years of drinking it w HFCS ,put her over the top .

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/5193697/American-Coke-fails-Kiwi-tastebud-test

I think instead of trying to ban cigs,drugs,soft drinks,and several other things people want outlawed we need to work on banning stupidity.If someone does not understand what they are putting into there body and the consequences of it then they need the gov's help.The old "i didnt know this could do that" reasoning is just not acceptable.

• Like 1

Wow, that is a mind boggling amount of liquid to consume every day. I don't care if she was drinking just water, that's way more water than even a fairly active person should be drinking. But drinking something with additives? Whew.

• Like 1

I'm always trolling for coke in a vending machine.

If you want to be more specific it's cherry coke because the normal stuff is as flat as Florida.

It's not the most ingenious way of getting a sugar rush but it'll do for me.

Though with coffee taking centre stage the chances of me keeling over with an heart attack are slim.

Tbh I always thought sugar just attacked your teeth and destroyed your cavities.

That's if your a non- diabetic person or am I just being a little naive.

I also can't see sugar clogging up your arteries with fatty deposits.

It's a good thing doctors have second opinions.

So for some strange reason I'm right sugar isn't the villain of the piece here.

Could easily be one of her other habits.

Edited by Medium Brown

I'm always trolling for coke in a vending machine.

If you want to be more specific it's cherry coke because the normal stuff is as flat as Florida.

It's not the most ingenious way of getting a sugar rush but it'll do for me.

Though with coffee taking centre stage the chances of me keeling over with an heart attack are slim.

Tbh I always thought sugar just attacked your teeth and destroyed your cavities.

That's if your a non- diabetic person or am I just being a little naive.

I also can't see sugar clogging up your arteries with fatty deposits.

It's a good thing doctors have second opinions.

So for some strange reason I'm right sugar isn't the villain of the piece here.

Could easily be one of her other habits.

Well, according to the article, that much soda would be 3 1/2 cups of sugar a day. That's a pound and a half, or 864 grams of sugar, 3424 calories. 550 lbs a year, 1,250,000 calories. Recommended daily intake of sugar is about 25-37 grams, or 100-150 calories.

That alone might cause health issues.

Here's a fun list of 141 ways sugar is bad for your health... http://nancyappleton.com/141-reasons-sugar-ruins-your-health/

Now one should take this list with a grain of salt :)

Well, according to the article, that much soda would be 3 1/2 cups of sugar a day. That's a pound and a half, or 864 grams of sugar, 3424 calories. 550 lbs a year, 1,250,000 calories. Recommended daily intake of sugar is about 25-37 grams, or 100-150 calories.

That alone might cause health issues.

Here's a fun list of 141 ways sugar is bad for your health... http://nancyappleton.com/141-reasons-sugar-ruins-your-health/

Now one should take this list with a grain of salt :)

Some of this stuff is quite hytherotical with a few givens.

How can sugar possibly lead to alcoholism though?

I don't suddenly crave a brewery's worth of booze after a cup of coffee.

And I'm still got my appendix intact after 41 years despite what 35 is implying.

While 71,79 and 24 come from my own personal biography.

My favourite though is 95 because chocolate is a well known aphrodisiac.

But I'm certain more than a pinch of salt can exceed the 144 on offer here for sugar.

Still...You can't be too careful.

*throws Minstrels in wheelie- bin*

Edited by Medium Brown

Engineer, 29, died of drinking too much water after he downed 14 PINTS 'when his drink was spiked with ecstasy'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279084/Engineer-29-died-drinking-water-downed-14-PINTS-drink-spiked-ecstasy.html

Even after that amount... He must have had quite a sodium deficiency. Poor guy.

it's not Coca Cola's fault she drank to much. It is very sad though. Maybe they should warn people of drinking to much.

I remember about 12 years ago I drank about 6 cans of coke in a day, and it made me act drunk.

I was a teenager though but still they should be warning us