Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Human Race Will Come To An End

Still Waters

It's like listening to New Zealand radio -- not the announcers but the people who call in to the talk shows/

really ? quite the thing this new zealand radio ? is it anything like coast2coast ... or are they less civil and more fun?

They are incomprehensible. Maybe you could understand them but I'm not a native speaker. Australians and British and Americans give me no trouble to speak of.

the joke goes something like this : the two non-native speakers are struggling with the english cab driver ... when one throws up her hands and shouts ....

" my hungarian is romantic for only a lover would pretend it made sense , my italian is music for it sounds perfectly wonderful and makes no sense at all , my german will make you sit up straight and makes your eyes water it is so perfect, no one cares about my french... even the french can speak french , but no one speaks english well... not even the english speak english ... and what americans speak is so much slang , if your in the same house you might not understand each other...

What an onslaught of hot air, Heath Robinson semantic dithering, and baseless statements. I got through 2/3 of the article before giving up. Sounds more like an Eng-Lit university student's coursework than someone interested in communicating genuine ideas. Despite all that, skipping to the end:

"Given evolution’s trajectory, short of another asteroid collision or global cataclysm, we will almost certainly become augmented versions of our current selves."

Couldn't agree more.

Something tells me that the colonization of other planets over the years will change our bodies so that 'Humans' as we know them now will be vastly different.

For those on Earth, I think their skin will get darker as the temperature rises, what happens on Mars, Gilese or wherever remains to be seen...but not by me (sad face).

• Like 1

Something tells me that the colonization of other planets over the years will change our bodies so that 'Humans' as we know them now will be vastly different.

For those on Earth, I think their skin will get darker as the temperature rises, what happens on Mars, Gilese or wherever remains to be seen...but not by me (sad face).

Much to what you have said sean,i keep hearing from others by doing so and so we will become evolved.Sorry but changing thoughts about how society should be is not evolution,it may be a changing of thought but we still stay the same human!We can also go back to the same way we were!To truly evolve and make sure we do not get wiped out by some catastrophic event at some point we must go elsewhere,as a species with the abilities we have staying in one place to survive is not a option.

No species is eternal and yes I do think in the grand scheme of things man will be short lived.

No species is eternal and yes I do think in the grand scheme of things man will be short lived.

If we stay in one place you are 100% correct silver!

If we stay in one place you are 100% correct silver!

I don`t think we are going to make it out of a type zero civilization. If or species can last another 100 we might stand a chance.

• Like 1

I don`t think we are going to make it out of a type zero civilization. If or species can last another 100 we might stand a chance.

100% correct :tu: time is ticking!

I dont think humanity is in danger at all...when we rech the singularity we will be something else (100y 1000y who knows) but before that we are not in danger at all....

• Like 3

I dont think humanity is in danger at all...when we rech the singularity we will be something else (100y 1000y who knows) but before that we are not in danger at all....

Well i am glad some know all,that nothing in space or time is a danger to us.Just in the past 100 years things have changed so drastically,there is no telling what the next 100 will bring.Space has its own set of difficulties it can throw at us at any time some we do not even understand.Though we may not have any troubles for thousands of years it would be best if we started moving farther out just as a back up plan.Just one man's opinion though

Society in some ways today, is a complete mess. Sometimes when I switch on the "news" or jump on the Internet I wish I hadnt.

There's a lot of good people out there, but also a lot of bad too. Many have fallen to manipulation tactics used by anything from marketing in media to government lies. People just dont ask enough questions and just follow the crowd without question. Their afraid to stand alone and voice their true opinions.

A perfect example of blindly following a cause would have to be Kony 2012. It was interesting. I discussed with someone who in fact demonised me for having a different viewpoint on the charities cause. Where I provided facts, I was responded with attempted ridicule and complete failure to even address what I had brought to question. The level of ignorance and blind loyalty to the cause by the individual was amazing.

To question the bad things the government does, you are ridiculed and told how ashamed you should be to even conceptualise those things. Is it really that wrong to develop possibilities of other scenarios? Should those who be ridiculed and ashamed those who did not question the true meaning on their support instead? Rather than the often dubbed "tin foil hat" wearing fact providers?

Watch the news, it's fun to see how they always react a certain way about certain things. It's further disappointing to see those who are doing good shunned and perceived as a horrible person when in fact the horrible people are generally the ones in charge of the world today.

The fact is, 50% of the worlds population is below average intelligence. They are a massive target for any sort of media corporation or political party. Think ill of me for saying that if you like but I think it is wrong.

But these days I have noticed a lot more people turning to a better direction. I myself am happy with the person I am becoming, aiming to benefit those solely and minimising negative affects to others. It's important for people to be real and not afraid to say what they think and not let themselves be controlled by what targets their insecurities.

Human beings are inherently cruel and savage beings and natural selection and evolution is cruel as well. Anyone who says there is more to it than just simple survival of the fittest is deluding themselves or being egotistical.

Hopefully at the rate the global population is increasing this planet won't be able to support us much longer and when we're gone I hope we're replaced by uncompetitive asexual organisms.

I think the human race will evolve into two distinct species, one called morlocks, and the other, the eloi. I think the evil morlocks will dominate the peaceful eloi and use them as a food source.

I just wish I could invent a time machine to see if my theory ends up being correct!

wait...., that sounds like a good idea for a book!

none of you had better steal my idea and use it as your own, you plagarising gits!!

:-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That we will extract all resources that it is worth our while to extract is pretty much a given, and why shouldn't we. At some point we will need to use recycling, but we will.

I don't know about our flying off into space much beyond the solar system. The distances are much greater than we can even begin to imagine. If we do colonize other solar systems, contacts between each will be so rare that separate evolution can be expected.

We are now a race that embraces love, compassion and humility. That is why we complain about when it is missing.

Have to disagree with you Frank.

Why shouldn't we extract all Earth's resources? Well because we will be left with nothing. Recycling is only one aspect of life, humility is another, and the knowledge that we share the Earth with all living creatures, not just human beings.

In a few Million years from now, you wont even be a memory. If we scour the Earth, technology will get us to the Stars, where none of us will have learned the lessons, if we don't try now.

We are destand to destroy ourselves,I know my spelling is bad,stupid meds ive been taking. to ease the pain of my diabeties,I wont be long for this world ,my battle is almost over,I grow tired.

Edited by The Unseen

"We are destined to destroy ourselves." My how cool that sounds. You will please excuse my exasperation but that is just plain stupid. How do we now what will happen? There are bad signs and there are good signs.

Personally I think the human race may end someday by evolving into something else. Of course the universe is scheduled to terminate one day way out there, but by then we may be elsewhere.

The immediate goal should be to work out self-sustenance. By that I mean a combination of recycling and maintenance combined with sources that don't need renewal. Price mechanisms will do ninety percent of that job, with a subsidy here and there for the rest. It looks to me we are well on the way.