Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Holder on Banning Home Schooling

OverSword

From the article:

Farris outlined three arguments made by the U.S. Department of Justice lawyers which should be of concern to American homeschooling families:

He said the first argument in essence is that a government isn’t violating anyone’s rights if homeschooling is banned altogether.

This is one of the arguments used to deny political asylum to Germans seeking to home school thier children in the USA after being found in violation of German law against homeschooling for some apparently but not all Germans.

Eric Holder really needs to be fired. That's the legal thing that i can say....for now.

http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2013/02/eric-holder-banning-homeschooling-doesnt-violate-fundamental-rights/

• Like 8

You can't ban home schooling, that's jsut stupid.

Ther eis benefits to both sides, but you cna't force people into a school owned by authorities... That's verging on Nazi type regimes.. lol

• Like 6

Home schooling should be allowed (not encouraged, but allowed) as long as the kids involved can meet basic criteria for advancement in the basic 3R's each year, or whatever each Sovereign Nation deems as "required".

The positives of Home Schooling MAY include lack of bullying, academic progression at one's natural pace (if such a thing occurs and that includes advancement beyond a specific grade at an earlier age), good nutrition. an inclusive environment

The negatives MAY include indoctrination into fringe beliefs, lack of social integration into the world they will have to live in., Cultism, an exclusive environment

IMO

• Like 6

It baffles me how this AG retais his job when so much incompetence is obvious...

• Like 2

The home-schooled kids I know are smarter than all the other kids I know.

Same here. They are leaps and bounds beyond their peers and have more time to pursue hobbies and sports.

• Like 1

It baffles me how this AG retais his job when so much incompetence is obvious...

That's easy, he covers up and/or intercepts anything bad that could harm Obama. Holder has got to be the single most corrupt AG ever appointed and congress should make it priority one to impeach him to protect the constitution but they seem to have backed off pursuing him for Fast and Furious and his other trangressions.

• Like 1

Isn't he just another obama crony? (the lower case o was not a typo but a statement of disrespect and distrust)

I was homeschooled until the seventh grade. I skipped sixth grade. I'm actually glad that my mom did it too. I was not on my reading level and was held back once? I was enrolled into a private school which helped me even more! I can't believe Holder wants to ban homeschooling. That's so wrong. I hope it doesn't go through or he gets fired.

• Like 1

People need to read the article. This artilce is not about banning home schooling per se', although it could create legal precedence for such.

• Like 2

The negatives MAY include indoctrination into fringe beliefs, lack of social integration into the world they will have to live in., Cultism, an exclusive environment

A lot of people contend that this is exactly what a lot of school systems are doing. There are countless stories of teachers verbally attcking students for disgreeing with them about whether Obama should be reelected last November. There is littlle doubt that liberals run teh education system and push their beliefs onto young kids.

People need to read the article. This artilce is not about banning home schooling per se', although it could create legal precedence for such.

Holder said, basically, that banning home schooling would not violate a person's rights!

• Like 1

i don't know anyone that was home schooled (that i know of), but i know plenty of public school graduates, our school system is a falure.

Edited by aztek

Same here. They are leaps and bounds beyond their peers and have more time to pursue hobbies and sports.

Public schools teach at the rate of the slowest child in the class. That, of course, tends to hold others back. No mystery as to why home schooled kids tend to be further ahead of their public school peers.

• Like 1

you can't really brainwash home schooled kids that don't go to public school, all the wonderfull things they are tought in schols, like calling 911 if parents are punishing you. among other things. what will happen to our country if a missbehaving kids looses his right to be imune from punishment, omg.

my friend's kid called cops 3 times on them cuz he was not getting what he wanted, nasty litte f..ck. he was thought that in school, and the sadest part is, no one tells him it is wrong, even cops, so he keeps doing it, and feels like he won, and has power over parents, and it is true

Edited by aztek

this is not about banning it full stop.

This family were granted asylum in the USA, they do not want to adhere to any of the schooling criteria. the same problems they had in Germany.

Does this not say anything?

How would that be fair on the children growing up in a foreign country when they are being withheld interaction with the local children.

The schools are not pushing the children to do anything other than what all your children are being taught, but they still were happy to go to America, get asylum but are not willing to integrate??

this is not about banning it full stop.

This family were granted asylum in the USA, they do not want to adhere to any of the schooling criteria. the same problems they had in Germany.

Does this not say anything?

How would that be fair on the children growing up in a foreign country when they are being withheld interaction with the local children.

The schools are not pushing the children to do anything other than what all your children are being taught, but they still were happy to go to America, get asylum but are not willing to integrate??

Actually there were a couple of kids that were home schooled that I used to hang out with and shoot hoops and such and my little brother had one on his soccer team so you can't say they had interaction with other kids 'withheld'.

Point of interest, the two I played with one was two years older and the other the same age as I (brothers) were in Universities by the time they were 16 years old. So just what were they missing out on? Being bullied for one, being brainwashed into thinking the USA can do no wrong for two.

• Like 2

Eric Holder deserves alot more than being fired. He deserves to share a jail cell with his boss for a few years. They are both traitors, so something more than a jail cell might be in order.

• Like 5

So, basically Holder is saying the following:

"You can't teach your children. A government funded public school system, overseen by the Department of Education, knows best. The government knows best; the government mandated school systems must teach your children."

I'm convinced they are going for indoctrination, now.

• Like 7

Apparently the U.S. isn't the only nation to deny asylum based on homeschooling... http://www.radionz.c...l-in-asylum-bid

I hadn't even heard of this till today. Interesting.

So in other words it's part of the plot to further the one world government crowds agenda. Sure I'm a conspiracy theorist. Why not?
  • Like 3

I think that would cause far too big of an uproar if they actually tried to pursue something like this. In face of everything else, this might be the type of things that prod some of the independent voters to move a little more to the right and the protection of freedoms.

I agree that Federally controlled education and curriculum has slowly moved toward indoctrination over the years. They teach the parts of history they want your children to know and skip over the parts they don't. They slide the facts over time and eventually things appear different than they actually were. Case in point...ask nearly anyone on the street under the age of 35 (or so) why we fought a Civil War and see what they tell you. Nearly all of them will say "over slavery"...which is not correct but that is what is now and for years...is being taught. The teachers see these moldable minds as a prime target for future agendas. Teach a child now to be sycophant now so they will properly serve later...

Bah...it will never happen. These are the little things people do to draw attention away from somewhere else..."Watch my right hand closely now"...(while the left hand picks your pocket)

Edited by Jeremiah65

I dont see an issue with this. People that know ahead of time just wont get Social Security cards for there kids. Lets see Holder ban that.

I spent a year in homeschooling. As long as your parents actually have the time and care enough to actively push you to educate yourself, then it works. You are required to attend a meeting at the school district every week to ensure you're keeping up and so on.

Doesn't help much with social skills though.

• Like 2

Alot of school districts are even starting to allow remote learning to there students as they found a large number of there students were transferring to alternative schools.