Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meteor Explodes over Russia. dozens injured..

Professor T

Some fantasic Images here..

& groovy russian music too.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Professor T
  • Like 6

Unbelievable surreal! It left a trail of fire in the sky!

• Like 1

I experienced something similar here in NZ back in 99.. It measured 4.5 on the richer-scale and exploded in the sky about 20k from my house.

Looks like this one is way worse though.. The Latest reports are there more than a hundred injuries across 3 cities..

Badass!!!Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

I got this one. They tried to intercept it ballisticly perhaps.

• Like 1

adds to the Earth = seismic phenomena to meteorites that get too close theory.

A lot closer then the estimate btw

Anyhow, I'm off to watch Deep imact on TV... :lol:

hahaha, exactly what my wife and i planned for the flyby of this big fella tonight! :D i can't watch the footage from work, since my computer is more outdated than the MIR. Is this russian event somehow related to the asteroid that's passing by today? Or are we just experiencing an intergalactic s**tstorm this month? Anyway, i really look forward to get off work to see this...

• Like 1

Is this russian event somehow related to the asteroid that's passing by today

what does your gut tell you

A lot closer then the estimate btw

If you are talking about 2012 DA14 would you care to show us your observational data and calculations which led you to this conclusion? This object is being tracked by astronomers (both amateur and professional) all around the world and they don't seem to have a problem with the calculated orbital path of this object, so I'd be interested to find out what it is you know that they don't.

what does your gut tell you

Personally I choose to do my thinking with my brain.

It almost certainly is coincidental that these two events occured on the same day. As there seems to be a fair amount of footage of this object then it should be possible to determine which direction it entered the Earth's atmosphere from and so it will be possible to know for sure whether there is any connection between this event and asteroid 2012 DA14.

• Like 6

If you are talking about 2012 DA14 would you care to show us your observational data and calculations which led you to this conclusion? This object is being tracked by astronomers (both amateur and professional) all around the world and they don't seem to have a problem with the calculated orbital path of this object, so I'd be interested to find out what it is you know that they don't.

didnt claim it was the meteor once did I ? Coincidence or a piece of. Yeah your right the data will tell us but its not there today....So I go back to what does your gut tell you. But I get you. Empirical evidence is better despite what damage a precursor unbeknownst to the public might have nearly impacted us.

As for closer then AD&*^^&$&^ what they said those pieces of meteorite were damn close end of story.

All due respect Waspie as I respect your opinion and links on these subjects.

Edited by AsteroidX

That sure is impressive stuff. That would fair scare the living daylights out of you. Gee if that was checked by Project Bluebook or similar, it would have definately have been 'confirmed' as a helicopter or weather balloon!

I read somewhere once that the amount of paid people actually dedicated (outside of the military) to watching the skies for approaching meteors, asteroids or 'chunks' was less than the staff of a McDonalds.

Because most meteors are so small, they remain unlit by the sun and we only realise they are here when they hit the atmosphere and burn up as at certain sizes they are fair impossible to spot.

Impressive footage.

• Like 2

i will wait until i see the event on the news I was watching those video closely and Only one had anyone noticably react it seemed like no one even blinked hard. i have seen 3 fireballs in the sky before all three during daylight hours, and while it looked real ..... well i wasn't watching the meteor after the first video short.

Edited to add

my bad... Not five minutes after i type that i start seeing it on the web.

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 2

i will wait until i see the event on the news I was watching those video closely and Only one had anyone noticably react it seemed like no one even blinked hard. i have seen 3 fireballs in the sky before all three during daylight hours, and while it looked real ..... well i wasn't watching the meteor after the first video short.

Edited to add

my bad... Not five minutes after i type that i start seeing it on the web.

Yes this is real,like i have said we humans now days have some kind of built in "nothing can harm us without someone knowing first complex" our universe can put a real kick in the ass to us anytime it wants.

• Like 3

I wonder how big that thing was. It looked a reasonable size. I have to say that footage seriously shocked me

• Like 2

North Korean Missile ?

http://www.foxnews.c...ural-mountains/

Pretty amazing.

Gives you an idea of what a direct hit would/could do.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6tpVZDg0Mk[/media] <- Not sure if that will work. Not used to adding youtube links.

Sorry didn't see the post from earlier. This can be deleted or merged or whatever it is that the mods do :tu:

Edited by Esoteric Toad