Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever not been able to read someone?

holly3j

I read people a lot. But there is someone in my life I have a real hard time reading. You take the things they say, they do, their energy etc and it's just one jumbled mess that you can't make any sense of. I do believe that they may be a sociopath, very closed and sometimes lives a double life so to speak (pretending to be a different person to everyone they meet) do you think that is why they are so hard to read?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John from Lowell

• the eternal me

• Beany

• holly3j

Top Posters In This Topic

there are people that are really really shielded...

they don’t expose anything about themselves to anyone..

does not mean they are sociopath or anything...

and sometimes there are people that your just not meant to be able to look into...

I think i could read anyone, but some people aren't worth the time, and there's also a question of respecting another's boundaries.

I read people a lot. But there is someone in my life I have a real hard time reading. You take the things they say, they do, their energy etc and it's just one jumbled mess that you can't make any sense of. I do believe that they may be a sociopath, very closed and sometimes lives a double life so to speak (pretending to be a different person to everyone they meet) do you think that is why they are so hard to read?

Hello Holly,

My experience with this kind of things leads me to think that the person in question is So Messed Up that there is no thing of clarity that you could pick up on.

I hope my thoughts on this will be helpful.

John

• 3 weeks later...

In response to your title....I have always been able to read the people i meet.

I have never experienced, as far as i can recall, not being able to read someone.....

However, I have also been in the position of not understanding what it is i see about them and their motivations....

But I have always been able to read them.

it's a bit like when you first read a book on a subject matter you have no experience of.....It is difficult to connect the words into meaningfully assessments but you still understand the individual words...if you get me?

I often ignore what i know to be true, what I read about someone......Giving them the benefit of the doubt.

It has not faired me well to do this, I have been burned many times and i cannot recommend it.....

But then, as i can only really confirm my knowings/readings about someone from a knowing position of hindsight confirmation.....This may be understandable.

Until a point at which my knowings are confirmed beyond denial by their acts, deeds or attitudes..... I can't help but doubt myself.

It is a failing in me to not believe in myself knowings.

Even though,

I know they are lying and hiding. There are some, who really don't realise what they are really like too. Some are still finding their way and trying things out for size.

I still go along with it....I think from a vain hope of wanting so desperately to believe in the best of people.

I can not say or make any conclusions from what you have written about your situation.

I am not saying it is.....But it could be you, your failings, to see them truly. it could be true what you see or read them to be equally.

It could be a misunderstanding.

Yet,

At the same time, you state clearly you believe they may to be a sociopath...So, what is it you really want me to say?

Do I think this is why they are hard to read?.....Could be...But it's not the first thing that jumps to mind.

The fact that you say you are having a hard time reading them would be my first area of question...Why are you having problems?

Sorry, if that sounds like a stupid question but is it them blocking you or is there something else going on with you?