Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human race is losing inteligence.

Professor T

My ego would like to give you 1 million likes if it could :lol: but one will have to do.You are correct as a civilization we are not yet to far gone but we are getting closer and closer to the point of no return.

:lol:

Ego's are part of the problem too.

To be honest though, I think the awareness of this disease of the human Spirit is spreading like an antidote..

I think we're going to be seeing more and more people awakening to these facts, and once it hit's the main stream we're going to see some positive change..

• Like 3

Society has a lot to do with it imo, not technology.

The whole learn everything this way theory with a 12 year apprenticeship to be an adult. Not everyone learns the same we have known this fact for eons. But we refuse to change the system of education rather than teaching someone at the strengths we focus more on beating down the spirit of an individual to make a more compliant worker for your future boss. Just remember it was only about 15 years ago when everyone started to get serious about updated information. Sure there is the science grants but once again you have to qualify to a set IQ and just remember that was once just a theory as well and is still questioned to this day.

Not saying we must abandon education altogether, but I think we need to mainly eliminate the factory line. We seriously need to rethink it and generate a working structure to create a properous economy of people that actually want to work because they are doing something they love, not just going to work because it's "necessary". Sure money is necessary but money, imagine at 10 studying your profession of choice or a pathway to something you may be interested in, fair enough if that's what you want to do but how will physical education (writing about playing sports), biology and drama going to help a Architect. People that simply can't cope at all or don't want anything in their life :S as a side effect from possible incestry :P well there's still public servant work. joking. but still even that leaves a future for people that simply don't want to try.

I am not in any way, shape or form suggesting that people have a set career and could never change from 5 years old, but why not let them study whatever the hell they want the full way through the basics will always be included or they will not be able to understand languag and base maths but formed around what they are aspiring too whether it be visually, verbally or practically. We're at an impass where technically there doesn't need to be a teacher/classroom enviroment present. It is a theory not a design so go easy, ofcoarse there will be HEAPSof issues to work out before any change would be possible and it's a rough card out to anyone out there that has completed their study and in any way feels inferior to the newly educated :S but hey look at where the ego has taken our species ;). But it would be the same amount of issues with changing anything to do with a government structural system or creating a completely new system.

That's not to say there can't be 3 years of learning maths and english and the basics but after that it should be more built around the individual not built around the economy.

• Like 3

:lol:

Ego's are part of the problem too.

To be honest though, I think the awareness of this disease of the human Spirit is spreading like an antidote..

I think we're going to be seeing more and more people awakening to these facts, and once it hit's the main stream we're going to see some positive change..

One can only hope you are right T!

Lego my Ego

• Like 1

Interesting hypothesis, but not really strongly supported IMO. Sure, there's an ignorant portion of the population, but if one takes a look at the past there has always been an ignorant sector of society. Actually, literacy has increased over the last 100 years (not declined). I will admit that public education (at least in the US) isn't as good as it was 30 years ago though. Also, what people know has changed considerably, most people are now far more 'tech savy' but lack other skills (verbal and mathematical). As for us all becoming 'stupid', I'm not that worried. Necessity is the mother of invention and there are still some very smart individuals among us.

• Like 6

You're brain needs good natural food. That's just fact and common sense.

Someone who eats raw fruit and veg is going to be healthier than someone who eats processed GM food. Their brian is going to be healthier for it as well and that means it will work better.

We are just like machines and when you don't lubricate a machine or give it good oil it's not going to be as healthy and perform at it's best. That's just common sense.

As for floride, I stopped using toothpaste with floride and damn... Huge difference in awareness.

• Like 5

As for floride, I stopped using toothpaste with floride and damn... Huge difference in awareness.

seriously? you felt a difference? I stopped using tooth paste with flouride as well, but i couldn't notice any change.

Like all living creatures we seek to avoid pain and suffering, to evade death, and we have come to rely on our extraordinary technology to do so. Yet, in this reliance there has emerged a sense of entitlement with the expectation of immediate gratification without the dutiful pain and time that is indeed are more reflective of reality. Have we become self-indulgent and near-sighted, pampering ourselves at the expense of creativity, perseverance, risk-taking, and dutiful commitment to mindfully advancing our civilization. Is it that we have made our lives so complicated that we find simplicity is so rarely understood?

• Like 3

You're brain needs good natural food. That's just fact and common sense.

Someone who eats raw fruit and veg is going to be healthier than someone who eats processed GM food. Their brian is going to be healthier for it as well and that means it will work better.

We are just like machines and when you don't lubricate a machine or give it good oil it's not going to be as healthy and perform at it's best. That's just common sense.

I agree with you on that completely, you took works right out of my mouth

As we know that evolution takes thousands of years and we may someday evolve to fight these forms of chemicals in our bodies.

Meanwhile we are exposed to these kinds to things that supposedly decrease IQ by causing mutations (and hormonal dis-balance and blood glucose level swings which in turns causes mood swings and what not).

Some people won't be effected because their body may have adapted to counter certain chemicals,

I closely try to follow the life style that Coffey is trying to explain here and trust me its not easy.

Foods free of HFCS are expensive and organic foods are also more expensive. (I know the so called government should care about us :P lol and provide subsidies to these things, if they get free from lobbying and giving money to the rich)

Back to the point, it kind of difficult to not to be exposed to all these chemicals but one can assure that one's child in his/her growing age gets proper nutrition free from all these things so that during those crucial moments when the brain is developing so that there is no permanent harm to the brain.

• Like 2

It's the flouride, aspartame, pthalates, and high fructose corn syrup making everyone retarded. Hormone imbalance, lack of sleep, lack of essential minerals and nutrients starves your brain over time.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

Impossible, intelligence follows the same ideology as matter... it can not be created nor destroyed, but simply adapt into a different state than what it already maybe be.

• Like 1

seriously? you felt a difference? I stopped using tooth paste with flouride as well, but i couldn't notice any change.

Yeah I did. This will sound kinda wierd but I stopped wanting things as much. LOL Like from adverts and things. I also felt my head was less blocked, but I did kinda feel withdrawel where i went kinda low for a bit.

Is your water supply got floride though? Cause I know my area hasn't got floride in it, luckily.

I agree with you on that completely, you took works right out of my mouth

As we know that evolution takes thousands of years and we may someday evolve to fight these forms of chemicals in our bodies.

Meanwhile we are exposed to these kinds to things that supposedly decrease IQ by causing mutations (and hormonal dis-balance and blood glucose level swings which in turns causes mood swings and what not).

Some people won't be effected because their body may have adapted to counter certain chemicals,

I closely try to follow the life style that Coffey is trying to explain here and trust me its not easy.

Foods free of HFCS are expensive and organic foods are also more expensive. (I know the so called government should care about us :P lol and provide subsidies to these things, if they get free from lobbying and giving money to the rich)

Back to the point, it kind of difficult to not to be exposed to all these chemicals but one can assure that one's child in his/her growing age gets proper nutrition free from all these things so that during those crucial moments when the brain is developing so that there is no permanent harm to the brain.

I compeltely agree with the goverment should be helping us. Food stamps/vouchers towards fresh fruit and veg or soemhting like that should be brought in, or the goverment paying those who grow natural organic fruit and veg a certina amount so they don't charge so much for it.

It's really difficult to stick to that diet because of money.

It's the flouride, aspartame, pthalates, and high fructose corn syrup making everyone retarded. Hormone imbalance, lack of sleep, lack of essential minerals and nutrients starves your brain over time.

Completely agree.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

If the average person is becoming less intelligent it is also because our lives are becoming easier and we require less thought to successfully navigate our way through life. I believe there are still great advances to come in our intelligence but they will not come with our current systems of education.

Combine this with the world of misinformation that the internet now throws at us and what do you expect, I wonder how long it will be before teachers are replaced with Conspiracy Theory videos on YouTube.

Assuming the article is correct in it headline there is a lot more to this than what we intake.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 2

Vitamins K and K2 supposedly negates subsequent calcium build up in the body's tissues (glandular) as a result of flouride accumulation. If you stop using flouride, that may only be half the battle.

Edited by WoIverine

If you brought someone back from a thousand years ago you could teach them to drive a car. Its just a matter of teaching.

If you brought someone back from a thousand years ago you could teach them to drive a car. Its just a matter of teaching.

• Like 1

Here's a couple of videos that I like to share from time to time(I will attach them to the end of the post)...I agree, the level of education and the capacity for critical thinking is not what it used to be. Is it intentional or is it a by product of a technologically advancing society. I have noticed myself how people are becoming more and more..."savant like" (I just made that phrase up!)in their education...people will be absolute experts in a particular field and be dumb as a bag of hammers in another...there is a loss of balance. I know a young fellow that can write programs for almost anything but if you ask him about history, economics, art, etc...he is lost...stunning to me.

When I went to school, we had to have a balanced education...we got dosed with a little bit of everything...we were taught how to solve problems, analyze the known variables and extrapolate patterns...I don't think they do that anymore.

One occasion I have to use as an example...blew me away. This was from a high school senior...from a school that won the national silver award for academic excellence....My daughter had several of her friends over at the house and I was watching a show about the universe...they mentioned something on the show about the Milky Way...Andromeda and made a statement about the billions of galaxies in the Universe. This young lady stopped and looked at me and said "There is really all those stars and planets out there?" and I said "yes, far more than we can actually count so they estimate"...her response floored me "I had no idea there was other places like ours out there...that is soo cool"....I thought/....wtf? So I asked "Do they not teach anything about astronomy in your science classes?" Another kid popped around the corner and said "No, not really, they told us if we were interested in that we could find it on the internet"...

How is that for your tax dollars at work? Not even bothering to try and create interest in a fascinating subject...a field begging for bright minds to staff the next stage of exploration....wonderful isn't it?

[media=]

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

From what I've seen first hand with the 3 American public shools my step son has been in, there is a severe lack in the education of American history. These kids didn't even know about Franklin's kite expirement (from a conversation we had about electricity) and miscellaneous other topics we learned when we were kids. I mean come on, it's just ridiculous. I'm just glad my step son is naturally inquisitive in nearly all areas of science, mathematics, and history, he isn't learning anything relevant about these topics at school.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

From what I've seen first hand with the 3 American public shools my step son has been in, there is a severe lack in the education of American history. These kids didn't even know about Franklin's kite expirement and miscellaneous other topics we learned when we were kids. I mean come on, it's just ridiculous.

Ask almost anyone 30 or younger...maybe even 40...why we fought the Civil war....I can almost promise you that 90% will say it was fought over slavery. It's a great notion...that the wonderful "union" was so concerned with humanity and right from wrong...but the truth is...the Civil War was not started over slavery...Lincoln made it an issue well into the conflict to garner northern support about the same time Robert E. Lee was handing the north their ass in battles....truth. Lincoln's emancipation happened well after the war was underway...slavery is NOT why the civil war began...but this is what is being taught today.

Look...I completely understand the humanity of emancipation...I think it was a wonderful and long overdue thing...but...we must leave history alone. Let it stand for what it is...truth. It disturbs me deeply ...this process of re-writing the subtle facts of history...nothing good can come from hiding the truth...

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

Back to the point, it

That is completely relevent imo.. :tu:

A virus/sickness spreads by replicating it's self and spreading it's infection..

now...............take that up a few levels to conscious reasoning and what you have is a sickness of society that spreads by replicating it's self and spreading it's infection at a sub-conscious level... Sickness as in these moronic thought streams that allow this to happen. This is what I mean by sickness of society at a civilisation level.. These Moron lobbyists working on the funding of big corporations are part of the infectious disease that is robbing us of our awareness. What is good for society is being neglected for what is profitable.. as a result....... we're being dumbed down...

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

Impossible, intelligence follows the same ideology as matter... it can not be created nor destroyed, but simply adapt into a different state than what it already maybe be.

This is quite true, apart from the impossible bit..

intelligence, like a muscle, needs exersize.. without which, the muscle suffers atrophy..

A virus/sickness spreads by replicating it's self and spreading it's infection..

now...............take that up a few levels to conscious reasoning and what you have is a sickness of society that spreads by replicating it's self and spreading it's infection at a sub-conscious level... Sickness as in these moronic thought streams that allow this to happen. This is what I mean by sickness of society at a civilisation level.. These Moron lobbyists working on the funding of big corporations are part of the infectious disease that is robbing us of our awareness. What is good for society is being neglected for what is profitable.. as a result....... we're being dumbed down..

Interesting speculation. But it is a backfire way to control people because there are smart enough people to pick up on this and throw it back at them. Thus it becomes a battle of wills so to speak. Or for the hearts and minds of the poeple. You certainly raise a valid something.

• Like 1

Interesting speculation. But it is a backfire way to control people because there are smart enough people to pick up on this and throw it back at them. Thus it becomes a battle of wills so to speak. Or for the hearts and minds of the poeple. You certainly raise a valid something.

Some of those who actually have a clue are branded as conspiracy theorists. I can think of one in particular who has predicted many a trend which has later come to pass.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

The movie Idiocracy is a prophetic comedy.

• Like 1

the book 1984 was a prophetic comedy as well

• Like 3

Is your water supply got floride though? Cause I know my area hasn't got floride in it, luckily.

nah. luckily that was banned here in the mid seventies, as far as i know. My doctor once got me started with the fluoride stuff. He said, you need it as a little kid, but for grown ups it is of no use really. It's a way of cheaply getting rid of industrial waste to put in in the toothpaste. Oh, and he said also that fluoride is an ingredient in lots of heavy psychopharmaka....that made me stop using it....
  • Like 2