Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Fears Of Bermuda Triangles Worldwide

Big Bad Voodoo

Acclaimed fashion designer Vittorio Missoni and five others boarded a twin-engine BN-2 Islander aircraft in the Los Roques island chain -- pictured below -- near Venezuela on Jan. 4. They were headed for Caracas and had only flown about 11 miles when they vanished into thin air.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/18/bermuda-triangle-vittoria-missoni_n_2576384.html

• Like 1

It's an conspiracy to think that this particular case is an conspiracy.. They want you to dismiss any possibility of any supernatural causes for the plane's disappearance and just focus on the provable causes. Fact of the matter is, they simply vanished.. They vanished because of the disappearance effect. (made up Sherlock Holmes reference) Which states," people sometime disappear, randomly, in specific places to either gain the attention of the public, to fuel hype and hysteria, or to simply cause confusion." Note none of what I have just said may be proven in any way, have a wonderful day~

Edited by Ryn
  • Like 1

Conventional airplane disaster.

Happens over land as well and actually, much more often.

Edited by pallidin

If they tried to contact anyone after disappearing then its clearly a case of hijacking or kidnapping.

Even if there was a crash I believe that and have seen that planes crashed overseas are extremely difficult to find as the oceanic bodies are huge and if the plane lost it's path due to failed instruments and crashed somewhere far away its difficult to recover any wreckage from under the ocean.

Saying all that it is kind of strange to find out that they found those bags on an island???

Maybe its part of the debris when plane was going down? Maybe the place tore apart and things fell here and there before crashing?

Conventional airplane disaster.

Happens over land as well and actually, much more often.

I buy that 100%, except when it happens in this area they sometimes find no trace.

Be interesting if it has a locator so they can investigate properly.

Statistically no more planes crash there I am told than any other area. I would like to know if that covers all the planes that are no reported missing, ie drug runners etc which unrecorded plane wreckage is lieing all around the islands?

Based on how many airplanes and ships were lost there, there should be a huge scrapyard... i only see crystal clear sea.. Where are the wreckages? When military went after those missing ships they didnt find a piece of metal anywhere and they had best ships and gear for the job ... So like i said HUGE scrapyard..

Giant squid, Bermuda Nessie, joke.. I just want a logical explanation or at least possible cause... with explanation about the wrecks ? Where are they?

• Like 1

Based on how many airplanes and ships were lost there, there should be a huge scrapyard... i only see crystal clear sea.. Where are the wreckages? When military went after those missing ships they didnt find a piece of metal anywhere and they had best ships and gear for the job ... So like i said HUGE scrapyard..

Giant squid, Bermuda Nessie, joke.. I just want a logical explanation or at least possible cause... with explanation about the wrecks ? Where are they?

Thats what I was thinking.

It is kinda wierd.

• Like 2

Wasn't it shown that there's some kind magnetic anomaly in the triangle area? I've seen numerous threads about that from around the net, documentaries, books, etc.

Aren't planes supposed to all be equipped with GPS these days? Shouldn't it be easy to track a modern plane's whereabouts in this day and age?

• Like 1

Well the Alien Ghosts didn't like his fashion very much so dumped him back!

I wish they'd return the cheese triangles that are always disappearing from my fridge! (It's either aliens or my sisters who are the culprits, I've deduced. I'm hoping aliens because they may return them. If it's my sisters who are to blame... they are gone for good.)

• Like 3

Nothing special about the Bermuda Triangle. Insurance companies do not charge a premium for ships to travel through the area. A sure sign that nothing special happens there. Also from the story:

While The Bermuda Triangle is the most famous of areas around the world laying claim to causing people, planes and ships to vanish, there actually hasn't been such a report from there for almost a decade.
  • Like 1

Lloyds of London is the worlds largest insurer of ships and planes and they keep meticulous records of aviation and maritime accidents. According to their statistics, the North Atlantic and Cape of Good Hope off the tip of South Africa are the top 2 most dangerous sites on the planet. The so called "Bermuda Triangle" isn't even in the top 5.

Much ado about nothing.

• Like 1

there was a theory a few years back that huge pockets of methane gas being released from the seabed, altering the density of the water and causing the ships to sink was the reason, but god only knows what that had to do with aircraft.....

• Like 1

The wreckage has been found so no mystery (at least not a Bermuda triangle one).

And that's the problem with the internet. Yes, the wreckage has been found, but yet the woo woo story will perpetuate for years and somebody will offer it as proof that the triangle is real.

While HuffPo may be the go-to site for some folks when it comes to politics, it's as bad as the Daily Mail when it comes to these kinds of stories.

Any reason we are rehashing this old thread?

This what I said then :

Since the mid-90s, there have been at least 15 reported incidents in which small aircraft have either crashed, disappeared or declared emergencies. That's only like what, just less than once a year? And they aren't even all vanishings, some are just technical issues and nothing more. Sorry but that's not more than anywhere else in the world.

Besides the wreckage was found now, so I don't see any mystery there.

Lloyds of London is the worlds largest insurer of ships and planes and they keep meticulous records of aviation and maritime accidents. According to their statistics, the North Atlantic and Cape of Good Hope off the tip of South Africa are the top 2 most dangerous sites on the planet. The so called "Bermuda Triangle" isn't even in the top 5.

Much ado about nothing.

Maybe not the top 5 or anything but do the north Atlantic and cape of good hope have ships and planes vanish without evidence and mayday calls like the triangle is famous for? What I'm saying is the triangle may have less accidents but they seem to be the most mysterious.

This is far from my choice subject but I didn't come to UM just for politics. I do have an interest in the unknown...

• Like 1

Much ado about nothing.

Strange that the other places don't have the stories circulating really isn't it.

I wish they'd return the cheese triangles that are always disappearing from my fridge!

remember the old dairylea advert?

'have you ever wondered how you get triangles from a cow?

with a little milk and butter

and an equilateral chainsaw'

....or something like that...?

:-)

• Like 1

I am sure there are plenty of "Bermuda Triangles" in the world, but I am equally sure that there are perfectly worldly explanations for all them, that do not include aliens, reptilians, hollow earth, conspiracies, illuminati, or demons.

• Like 1

What a silly comment of coarse the Triangle/s (including the dragon triangle) wouldn't be on the top5 danger zones people avoid those place hence reducing risk hence not seen as a threat because people should just know better by now most have known for some time and practise safe travel around these areas.

I just think it's one of those magnetic plateau's similar to the antartic one. Earth is keeping it's own secrets and making sure they are hidden. How bout we just continue to avoid traveling of any form around those areas. Gov already stops planes and boats from traveling accross certain areas what would be the harm in placing a safety ban on these areas? Enter at ye own risk. :)