Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't want to go to Disney world anymore

OverSword

What the HELL is with this I hate America position by half a dozen members here on UM.

Now you guys have p***ed me off. Be prepared for un unmerciful slaughter wherevever I find you.

1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

lol ;)

So, let's ban the TSA all together, and make any and all passenger searches immoral and illegal.

I would feel much safer on flights, wouldn't you?

Edited by pallidin

Why can't there be a happy medium? It seems so many times governments-from many countries-or government agencies take things to extremes. We have experienced bizarre things here in Canada, too.

• Like 1

Why can't there be a happy medium? It seems so many times governments-from many countries-or government agencies take things to extremes. We have experienced bizarre things here in Canada, too.

Exactly.

Music... Ignore as desired..

[media=]

[/media]

Ooooooh... I love Journey!! The new guy is good but, I miss Steve though.

• Like 1

Ooooooh... I love Journey!! The new guy is good but, I miss Steve though.

Yeah, for sure. Say, do you know if Steve just retired or has an illness?

Edited by pallidin

Yeah, for sure. Say, do you know if Steve just retired or has an illness?

Everything I know would be from internet news so not sure if totally true but, I heard he quit years back due to ego issues. I just saw them in December with the new guy but I saw them a looooooong time ago with Steve and he is definitely the man!

• Like 1

Hopefully Fair use laws will allow me to quote two paragraphs from a Washington Post article from 2010:

"JERUSALEM - Israel has long held the reputation as home to the world's most stringent airport security procedures. But most passengers aren't frisked, there are no intimately revealing body-imaging scanners, and security experts dismiss as misguided the new, more intrusive American approach that requires pat-downs or highly detailed scans of every passenger."

"Israel's approach allows most travelers to pass through airport security with relative ease. But Israeli personnel do single out small numbers of passengers for extensive searches and screening, based on profiling methods that have so far been rejected in the United States, subjecting Arabs and, in some cases, other foreign nationals to an extensive screening that comes with a steep civil liberties price."

Works for me, but far too politically incorrect for the USA. Oh well, best of luck, get well soon.

• Like 2

Pallidin

Who is it you see as "hating America?" What causes you to think that said posters actually hate America?

Has it come to the point that complaining about the government violating constitutional principles is seen as hating America?

• Like 2

Pallidin

Who is it you see as "hating America?" What causes you to think that said posters actually hate America?

Has it come to the point that complaining about the government violating constitutional principles is seen as hating America?

The government does NOT violate constitutional principles. Only a very few of those IN government do. As in any industry, for example.

As such, to bastardize the ENTIRE US government is silly and paranoid.

"Complaining" only goes so far. Offer at least some sense of solution, or else you actually become part of the problem.

That's what a corporate manager told me many years ago about bringing up grievances.

Edited by pallidin

how in the wide, wide world of sports did you manage to get away with using a word like 'bastardize' without being censored with little stars??

I knew it! you're a secret illuminati spy, sent here by the government to spread disinformation and falsehoods that distract us away from knowing the REAL truth about bigfoot, man!

:-D

• Like 2

I remember during one of the big hijacking/bombing scares flying to Copenhagen through Hamburg. Here I was a small slightly chubby Vietnamese in a business suit and the Germans put me through the third degree and then some. Arriving in Copenhagen, no security anywhere that I could see, but I didn't want to do something that might cause me trouble, so I asked information where they check passports and all that. She told me not to worry -- if they are interested in me they will let me know.

I've two theories; one was that Germans will be Germans and I was arriving from overseas; the other is that Danes will be Danes and I was arriving from a German airport, so they figure the job will already have been done. The other theory is that the Germans check everybody, but the Danes are more selective.

whe I flew to the states, and handed in my passport, the staff started passing it around amongst one another, and I thought, 'oh oh, looks like i'm in for it here'

until I realised they were all just p**sing themselves laughing at my passport photo.....

:-(

• Like 1

how in the wide, wide world of sports did you manage to get away with using a word like 'bastardize' without being censored with little stars??

I knew it! you're a secret illuminati spy, sent here by the government to spread disinformation and falsehoods that distract us away from knowing the REAL truth about bigfoot, man!

Shush... don't give me away. :passifier:

Shush... don't give me away. :passifier:

's ok dude, if anyone spots it, you can claim it's just a conspiracy theory and start a new thread about it!!

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

The only terrorist attack looming over the US on a flight is that if they need another 9/11 to go to war with Iran.

Apart from that, pre 9/11, were you all really that concerned to get on a plane on this apparent high-level risk that a guy with a gun will hijack your plane and blow it up or fly it into something?

You may as well be more scared of vehicular bombs but those don't exactly happen either on American soil do they?

The government does NOT violate constitutional principles. Only a very few of those IN government do. As in any industry, for example.

"Complaining" only goes so far. Offer at least some sense of solution, or else you actually become part of the problem.

That's what a corporate manager told me many years ago about bringing up grievances.

The first sentence of this post clearly demonstrates that you yourself are not very familiar with constitutional principles. It suggests you have no idea at all what was done by the Orwellian-named USA Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, the recent amendment to the NDAA, and a variety of other actions by the federal government over the last 10 years or so.

Because you think something is unconstitutional doesn't make it unconstitutional. There are established procedures for testing constitutionality, and it is not derived from a particular ideological mind-set.

I am someone, who works at Bush international airport I help the disabled around the airport. I wonder if the passenger agent with them at the time informed the TSA about her condition.. .We here in Texas have rules and we give a better experience to the disabled, who travel our airport. Yes we do have complaints but we try to make things better for them if at all possible. Why would they do such a thing to a child no less a three year old girl in a wheelchair if she ever comes to Houston I'd be sure to let her mother or father transfer her. since. she does record every touch.... The TSA should have made damn sure she was comfortable before they touched her or informed her mother of the process before they enter the secured area...

If she went through, the metal detectors without a problem then why in the hell did TSA pat her down? I believe they also sent her chair through the x ray machine so why did they need the scrub? That only for those that couldn't go though the metal detectors or scanners which she did since her parents carried her through. I am surprised that their wasn't war when they took her stuffed animal

We do the best to accommodate disabled travelers. Again everyone, who is disabled should know their rights to travel under the American with disability Act its illegal to single out people just because their disabled.

The republican refused to sign a treaty with the UN that expended the Americans with disability ACT to other nations. I am also a disabled American who has Velo cardio facial syndrome and am a shamed of my nations political leaders since they are nothing but psychopaths and *******s.

Edited by Ryinrea
  • Like 1

Because you think something is unconstitutional doesn't make it unconstitutional. There are established procedures for testing constitutionality, and it is not derived from a particular ideological mind-set.

Yes, I seem to recall it involves asking "does this in any way impede the liberties enshrined in the Constitution?" if the answer is either "yes" or "maybe, it depends on teh situation" then what you've got is something that is unconstitutional.

However, to LEGALLY prove it, you have to get it to the supreme court, which is (as ever) loaded with people put there by the government, so that's like putting Dracula's mates in charge of the blood bank with a remit of "make sure Dracula doesn't take any of the blood".

• Like 2