Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot sighting along Neches River?

Commander CMG

I have been a member of this site since 2010 and have held my peace due to the ridicule and derogatory remarks that plague these threads. There's a big difference between skepticism and poisonous cynicism. I had an experience over 25 years ago in my front yard. Less than 10 feet from me. I have lived here since birth and spent my childhood roaming the woods by the river. I have seen just about all the wildlife this area has to offer. Me and my brothers would camp out during the summer and never encountered anything unusual.

Not until one summer night when I was showing two of my nephews the stars. Since that night I haven't been camping or hiking in the woods. I won't even go outside after dark unless I absolutely have to. Like I said, this was over 25 years ago. I'm 50 now. I won't look out the windows after dark. There is no mistaking what I saw.

I won't share my encounter. I've seen the ridicule and denigration that some members seem to take pride in and sharing would only add more kindling to the fire.

It was a traumatic experience that has altered my life and I wish it had never happened. Every time the dogs start barking at night I don't sleep. I stay away from the windows and pray with all my heart that what I saw never comes back.

I was a skeptic and as a Christian was entirely sure that God would never allow something like that to walk the earth. My encounter shook me to the very core of my being.

Now I'm going to slip back into the ether and never mention it again.

You can't tease me like that and not explain your encounter. There are thousands of others who have had sightings, so not everyone is lying. That's why I still believe that bigfoot has existed. Not sure if its still knocking about now, but at some point they were there.

Ridicule aside, all us skeptics are asking for is some testable scientific evidence. Photos, videos, footprint castings and eyewitness accounts are not scientific evidence and don't count. The latest claim by a so called bigfoot "researcher" states that there is a population of 50,000 spread across North America. Yet not one shred of evidence has been presented. It just doesn't add up.

Keep in mind that it's not the skeptics job to prove that bigfoot doesn't exist.

If you're not skeptical about the existence of bigfoot, then you're not thinking straight.

• Like 2

I have been a member of this site since 2010 and have held my peace due to the ridicule and derogatory remarks that plague these threads. There's a big difference

I won't share my encounter. I've seen the ridicule and denigration that some members seem to take pride in and sharing would only add more kindling to the fire.

Now I'm going to slip back into the ether and never mention it again.

That's too bad. You may have made the most believeable post in this entire thread. I take it from what you've said here that you got an up close and personal look at a creature that has really terrified you.

PS. to the person who mentioned the cemetary.....

Checking Google maps, I see that there is a very large wildlife preserve in close proximity to this sighting....and along wetlands/water sources. It's called the Sabine National Wildlife Refuge.

Just because there is "No Evidence" doesn't mean "No Existence".

Just because there is "No Evidence" doesn't mean "No Existence".

Just as "evidence" doesn't mean "existence". Look at my avatar if you need an example.

Just as "evidence" doesn't mean "existence". Look at my avatar if you need an example.

Aw, scowl...I was hopin' they were real :(

North America, indigenous peoples have known about BigFoot for 50,000 years.

Nonsense.....

The only verification of this you will find is on Crypto or Bigfoot sites.

To many people think they are " educated " because of this rubbish.

Verify what you are saying, I guarantee you can not. ( except Bigfoot sites, or Crypto )

edit : Not sure why I replied, this has been said over and over again....Repeating cycle, different players, different year....

Back to Nature topics :)

Have fun.

FStop .... Welcome to UM...Take over where I left off, I enjoyed your posts, and I have been posting similar for years. You will find ( if you stay long enough ) that this fantasy of Bigfoot will go on forever. The lies, ignorance, and false facts will be the same, and the real facts ignored or forgotten. It will wear you out, and interest will drop........Anyway, welcome, and good luck :)

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Aw, scowl...I was hopin' they were real :(

They are. I got a quarter when I was a kid by putting a tooth under the pillow. ;)

Back to Nature topics :)

Shucks, Sakari. I was hoping a bunch of us skeptics on UM could get together and go on a $500 a pop Dyer bigfoot expedition! :tsu:

"No?" Really, are you sure?

A Boq or Bookwus, (their name for sasquatch) from Bella Coola Indian (native PNW Indians) legend: This is not our NA bigfoot, imo. But I can see how modern white people and some Indian could transform it into such.

The attitude of mingled hope and fear with which the Bella Coola regard their supernatural anthropomorphic beings is typical of their thoughts and actions concerning zoomorphic creatures as well. In the supernatural world the dividing line between human and animal beings is not clearly defined; fabulous monsters have the mentality of supermen, and can be appeased, besought, or cajoled precisely as are anthropomorphic beings. Like those in human form, supernatural animals can bestow good or evil on human beings with whom they come into contact......(The boqs) somewhat resembles a man, its hands especially, and the region around the eyes being distinctly human. It walks on its hind legs, in a stooping posture, its long arms swinging below the knees; in height it is rather less than the average man. The entire body, except the face, is covered with long hair, the growth being most profuse on the chest which is large, corresponding to the great strength of the animal. The most peculiar feature of the animal is its penis, which is so long that it must be rolled up and carried in the arms when the creature is walking; it terrifies its enemies by striking tree-trunks and breaking branches with its uncoiled organ. It is said that a woman was once drawing water at the edge of a stream when a boqs, concealed on the other shore, extended its penis under the water to the further bank and held intercourse with her. The contact rendered her powerless, as if turned to stone; she could neither flee nor remove the organ. Her companions tried unsuccessfully to cut the organ until one of them brought a salalberry leaf, whereupon the monster, dreading its razor-like edge, withdrew. http://www.ufobc.ca/...ends/bella1.htm

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Shucks, Sakari. I was hoping a bunch of us skeptics on UM could get together and go on a $500 a pop Dyer bigfoot expedition! :tsu:

"No?" Really, are you sure?

I am 100% positive :)

Rob Lester is done with the Bif drama ..... :tu:

Nature is more interesting, and have clear photos.....Plus, it exists :)

A Boq or Bookwus, (their name for sasquatch) from Bella Coola Indian (native PNW Indians) legend: This is not our NA bigfoot, imo. But I can see how modern white people and some Indian could transform it into such.

The attitude of mingled hope and fear with which the Bella Coola regard their supernatural anthropomorphic beings is typical of their thoughts and actions concerning zoomorphic creatures as well. In the supernatural world the dividing line between human and animal beings is not clearly defined; fabulous monsters have the mentality of supermen, and can be appeased, besought, or cajoled precisely as are anthropomorphic beings. Like those in human form, supernatural animals can bestow good or evil on human beings with whom they come into contact......(The boqs) somewhat resembles a man, its hands especially, and the region around the eyes being distinctly human. It walks on its hind legs, in a stooping posture, its long arms swinging below the knees; in height it is rather less than the average man. The entire body, except the face, is covered with long hair, the growth being most profuse on the chest which is large, corresponding to the great strength of the animal. The most peculiar feature of the animal is its penis, which is so long that it must be rolled up and carried in the arms when the creature is walking; it terrifies its enemies by striking tree-trunks and breaking branches with its uncoiled organ. It is said that a woman was once drawing water at the edge of a stream when a boqs, concealed on the other shore, extended its penis under the water to the further bank and held intercourse with her. The contact rendered her powerless, as if turned to stone; she could neither flee nor remove the organ. Her companions tried unsuccessfully to cut the organ until one of them brought a salalberry leaf, whereupon the monster, dreading its razor-like edge, withdrew. http://www.ufobc.ca/...ends/bella1.htm

As I said......Someone post a source other then a Crypto / Bigfoot site...( I meant anything paranormal by the way ).....Legitimate History books, something along those lines. ( will not happen )

Your post comes from a UFO site.....( not a source for facts )

The sites home page pic :

bcimage1.jpg

Ok, I promise, I am done :)

• Like 1

As I said......Someone post a source other then a Crypto / Bigfoot site...( I meant anything paranormal by the way ).....Legitimate History books, something along those lines. ( will not happen )

Your post comes from a UFO site.....( not a source for facts )

The sites home page pic :

bcimage1.jpg

Ok, I promise, I am done :)

My post was not contradictory, nor directed at your post. UFO site or not, it still shows the unrelated and supernatural quality of Indian legends. Something bf proponents transform into the long history of the North American bigfoot animal seen everywhere.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

True. One should exercise caution but at the same time give it the benefit of the doubt. Hence the Saola and Coelacanth.

And even now, with the news footage, I don't see how he saw a face "clear as day" from where he and the bf were. But we are still going to visit the site anyway, and see for ourselves.

• Like 1

I ask again. This is a satellite image of the area, and the patch of wood marked with the B is I think where the "sighting took place". How the hell would tow bigfoot end up there? Did they cross the city, the petrochemical plant or swim across the wide river for no good reason, to reach an isolated patch of trees? Why should we take this seriously?

97tzzn.png

• Like 1

I'm thinking a cab would have been the best way......too many people on the bus.

On a more serious note, I think it's a good thing to be able to see the area in question via a satelite image. Then you can get an idea of how remote or urban an area is.

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 1

I ask again. This is a satellite image of the area, and the patch of wood marked with the B is I think where the "sighting took place". How the hell would tow bigfoot end up there? Did they cross the city, the petrochemical plant or swim across the wide river for no good reason, to reach an isolated patch of trees? Why should we take this seriously?

97tzzn.png

Why did the bigfoot cross the river? Good question.

Why do these creatures appear in the odd places they are reported?

So much of their alleged behavior makes no sense.

I want to visit the site, not because I believe this man saw two bigfoot, but because I can finally go to an actual sighting spot and verify what an eye-witness can or cannot see with the unaided eye from where he stood. And look for those upright dark shapes.

Edited by QuiteContrary

At the risk of sounding like I've been watching too many episodes of "Finding Bigfoot", they mentioned once that Bigfoots seemed to hang around cemetaries, and if you look, there is a rather large cemetary located there. I can't tell you if it's true or not, the only place I've ever heard this "factoid" tossed out was on that one show.

Why did the bigfoot cross the river? Good question.

Why do these creatures appear in the odd places they are reported?

So much of their alleged behavior makes no sense.

I want to visit the site, not because I believe this man saw two bigfoot, but because I can finally go to an actual sighting spot and verify what an eye-witness can or cannot see with the unaided eye from where he stood. And look for those upright dark shapes.

I live in a rural community in a town with a population of 2000. Deer, Fox, Racoon etc. always wonder into town in search of food

and people will feed them or the wildlife will raid trash cans. I wonder if B's exist, if they aren't doing the same cause food is scarce.

With over 100 million more people in this country and deforestation, I wonder if sightings are more common.

At the risk of sounding like I've been watching too many episodes of "Finding Bigfoot", they mentioned once that Bigfoots seemed to hang around cemetaries, and if you look, there is a rather large cemetary located there. I can't tell you if it's true or not, the only place I've ever heard this "factoid" tossed out was on that one show.

Yes, the man in the OP who witnessed the two bigfoot was wisiting his mother's gravesite at the time.

I live in a rural community in a town with a population of 2000. Deer, Fox, Racoon etc. always wonder into town in search of food

and people will feed them or the wildlife will raid trash cans. I wonder if B's exist, if they aren't doing the same cause food is scarce.

With over 100 million more people in this country and deforestation, I wonder if sightings are more common.

I completely agree. I think bigfoot would take advantage of our leftovers, trash and littering just like any other animal.

But, then the problem becomes ---trash cans, dumpsters, fast food, restaurants = people.

So, where is the evidence of them doing so? We have lots of pictures of bears in our trash and every other animal.

Also, as human-like and intelligent as they are supposed to be, I'd expect them to be sorting through human trash for all kinds of useful stuff.

After all, humans have them eating off of Tupperware plates at a particular habituation site.

"Ugg, this beat picking food out of hair and dirt out of food. Ugg" (borrowing Fstop's ugg)

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I think there's several reasons to consider it possible, but I don't know if it's something to be taken seriously or not. I will say, that with the camera on my phone, I wouldn't even be able to take a picture as good as the one we're discussing. It just wouldn't come out. I have a nice little camera that I carry around at times and it would do a better job....but still...something that far away probably wouldn't be clear.

Native American reports of Sasquatch behavior do have them eating fish. Modern sightings confirm this behavior as well. The sighting occured near a river as many do, and the Sasquatches were said to be throwing rocks in the water. Rock throwing is well documented, and the throwing of rocks in water could obviously be a fishing technique. You stun a fish with a rock, you just may catch one yourself. I have done it myself a time or two.

As far as why would one cross a river or even be located near civilization? I don't know. The crossing a river is not a problem, they have been observed swimming by witnesses, and there are other warm blooded mammals that have no problem in water; like beavers.

Why would they come near civilization? Probably because they could? It does seem odd. But I also thought it was odd the time a beaver came out of the river next to my camp and literally pulled one of my pieces of firewood off the stack and drug it back down into the river and disappeared with it.

I don't know for sure if these things exist or not, but taken in total; there does seem to be enough evidence to argue for the possibility of it. Footprints with dermal ridges are not the kind of thing that can be faked by rednecks with wooden planks on their feet, and there's been more than one or two professional type outdoors people like biologists and forest rangers who will testify to observing these things.

I'll just add one more thing and then prolly split. I first came to this site because I had a pretty intense experience and documented it here. I have spent many weeks in the woods in search of some evidence of these creatures and did have at least one pretty intense experience. It had to do with a very - very loud vocalization right near our camp at dusk that scared bears away, and there were footprints about eighteen inches long all around our bait site the next day. The food had been taken or eaten and there were fruit rinds left behind that had teeth marks in them where the footprints were. BTW, a pile of potatoes was not touched.

BTW II - this experience occured at Skookum Meadows.

• Like 1