Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chelyabinsk meteor: Many Russians unconvinced

Still Waters

They say that Russia is the motherland of conspiracy theories, and public reaction to the sudden meteor strike a week ago that stunned people in the Ural mountains, and injured more than 1,200, seems to be proving that true.

A survey published today by the fairly staid Moscow daily Noviye Izvestia found that barely half its readers believe the official report that the blast was caused by a meteor.

http://www.csmonitor...think-so.-video

• Like 1

They say that Russia is the motherland of conspiracy theories,

do they really? have they ever looked at Web sites on the internet? The Russians often seem to be the most level headed and rational.

• Like 2

Oh wed be having the same going on if it happened over the UK or USA. CT's pop up about these things. Just the modern age and damn good entertainment.

• Like 4

They say that Russia is the motherland of conspiracy theories, and public reaction to the sudden meteor strike a week ago that stunned people in the Ural mountains, and injured more than 1,200, seems to be proving that true.

A survey published today by the fairly staid Moscow daily Noviye Izvestia found that barely half its readers believe the official report that the blast was caused by a meteor.

Doesn't surprise me. That was one heck of an air explosion. Of course it was just the meteor, but I assume(without knowledge) many in that region do not have ready access to world-wide information regarding the natural, cosmic event.

• Like 1

According to the newspaper, the other half prefer to believe in an assortment of bizarre explanations, including that the blast was a secret US weapon test, an off-course ballistic missile, a message from God, a crashing alien spaceship, or even an extraterrestrial trojan horse carrying a deadly space virus to wipe out the Earth.

=========================================================================

One half were posting the meteorite on the web while other half were figuring out what to make up to put on the web.

Whats the next pop up advert going to be:

Alien Russian virgin brides wants you to be her husband.

• Like 1

or even an extraterrestrial trojan horse carrying a deadly space virus to wipe out the Earth.

This is the most likely

• Like 3

This is the most likely

I believe it is a message from god telling them a spaceship is on its way to send a trojan horse to test its ballistic missile out on the Russians by order of the US.... but it crashed!

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

According to the newspaper, the other half prefer to believe in an assortment of bizarre explanations, including that the blast was a secret US weapon test, an off-course ballistic missile, ...

well, that's what we've been asked to believe ourselves, about those Spirals that have been popping up here & there, haven't we, so that needn't be all that far-fetched.

• Like 1

Although I'm sure there's lots of noisy speculation and conspiracy nonsense and what-have-you, my experience is that most Russians are as level headed as any other group. It's the ones with the craziest ideas that get the attention.

• Like 2

Really doesn't surprise me because governments will lie to you then when they are telling the truth you think its just another lie.

• Like 1

Seems we cannot live without the constant tension of mutual assured destruction.

This is out of control and I don't blame the Russian people.

I fully blame the Russian government. When you have an idiot Russian polititian say the ridiculous things he said, of course some people are going to believe him. There's absolutely no reason to say those types of things. They're baseless.

What reason in the world would we have to bomb the Russians.....NOW? Over 20 years since the cold war ended and it's crap like this that just creates mistrust.

The Russian government needs to get off their collective asses and start informing their public.

Amaged... So what isnt conspiracy these days :)

This is out of control and I don't blame the Russian people.

I fully blame the Russian government. When you have an idiot Russian polititian say the ridiculous things he said, of course some people are going to believe him. There's absolutely no reason to say those types of things. They're baseless.

What reason in the world would we have to bomb the Russians.....NOW? Over 20 years since the cold war ended and it's crap like this that just creates mistrust.

The Russian government needs to get off their collective asses and start informing their public.

yes, the U.S. Government never tries to scare its People by insisting that there's a perpetual threat from people who want to attack them, do they?

yes, the U.S. Government never tries to scare its People by insisting that there's a perpetual threat from people who want to attack them, do they?

I sincerely hope you're not basing that on some ridiculous 911 conspiracy theory, because there's no comparison.

And is it the U.S. government posting all the terror sites online that say death to America?

Is it the U.S. government burning the flag in foreign countries?

Go ahead. Now spew out your conspiracy theory...............

So you do believe all that your Government tells you about the threat from Others? Well, is there any difference from any Government telling its People that there's a danger from somewhere or other?

You say that there is a difference in that there is a real and clear and present danger from Islamic Extremists? Well, terrorists (particularly Chechens) have been quite busy in Russia; much busier, in fact, than Islamic terrorists have been in the U.S.

Only if these guys are unable to prove it that it was a meteoroid then I would believe in any other theories.

Other theories related to any secret weapon testing may more likely be true then other than any UFO thingie.

After watching the Video which supposedly shows UFOs travelling alongside the meteoroid (or supposedly weapon), it looks like that those things are just camera glares, but I might be wrong.

The history faced by Russian forces them to think of these conspiracy theories, it's not their mistake even if those are not true, they are just trying to safeguard themselves in a way reflecting on the past.

Although I'm sure there's lots of noisy speculation and conspiracy nonsense and what-have-you, my experience is that most Russians are as level headed as any other group. It's the ones with the craziest ideas that get the attention.

That's true. Even though most think it was a meteor, All the conspiracy nuts got the attention of the news and made this article.

And it gave all of us something to read even though we think it's nothing out of the ordinary. That's how the media works to make money.

• Like 1

So you do believe all that your Government tells you about the threat from Others? Well, is there any difference from any Government telling its People that there's a danger from somewhere or other?

You say that there is a difference in that there is a real and clear and present danger from Islamic Extremists? Well, terrorists (particularly Chechens) have been quite busy in Russia; much busier, in fact, than Islamic terrorists have been in the U.S.

Yes there's a difference! We're no threat to Russia! Good grief! The United States NEEDS a strong Russia!

Bah! I give up.

NK did it or one of thier allies

Apparently "many Russians" are morons.

• Like 1

It really was a UFO. It has yet to be absolutely identified, flew, and was some sort of object.

It really was a UFO. It has yet to be absolutely identified, flew, and was some sort of object.

it is not really a UFO, the scientists already know exactly what it is:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323764804578312264130040432.html

Apparently "many Russians" are morons.

Given what you might glean from a very brief perusal of the Conspiracies & Secret Societies section here, not to mention a thousand and one sites all over the Inter Net, you could draw the conclusion tht many Americans are morons. Would that necessarily be any more accurate of the general population as a whole?

All this has got me to speculating (rather wildly) about what it would mean if we really were under observation or study by a seriously advanced culture who for whatever reason don't want to reveal themselves.

If I were commanding such an outfit and saw that the planet we were studying was about to be hit by a rock big enough to destroy a city and kill millions, but I don't want to make my presence known to them, what do I do. It is immoral to sit back and do nothing when you have the power to prevent the catastrophe.

Well I shoot the damn thing down high up in the atmosphere so our explosion seems to be just normal meteoric atmospheric destruction.

So maybe we are being protected, we just don't know it. :unsure: