Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British woman beheaded in grocery store

K_Bonita

Oh man when I read this topic I thought as well “not again...“

I actually lived in Tenerife for a while and have been right at that spot many times. There are some goverment facilities like social security and job center right there and I have also been to the chinese store where it happened.

The machete is actually easy to get here. Tenerife has a lot of palm plantation and the workmen there use them to trim down the growing palms.

The thing that upset people here back than is the killer himself. As far as I remember he was from bulgaria or something. No one really knew back than how he ended up here. And I guess everyone who lives here knows that you need a job for a living here. Not much you can do without as there is not really a benefits plan.

But like everyone posted already this is old news and I bet has been discussed already. Also since it happened in spain its in the wrong thread imo

• Like 1

What about the fact that this man's 'psyche' was obviously in the red? When you have all the warning signs and there's nothing done, that can be very frustrating, and well, devastating evidently. I was stalked by an ex boy friend who eventually stabbed me. They arrested him and he was supposed to be in a psychiatric-penitentiary setting for 2+ years minimum, but they decided just a matter of months ago they're letting him out early.

Look at what happened with Jaycee Dugard. A wonderful story of hope for people still waiting for their missing loved ones, but also just another example of how failure to prevent and furthered negligence can lead to immeasurable tragedy. It took what, 18 years to find Dugard? She could've been home in 6 months if someone fired up the old lightbulb in the attic and took the initiative. I am a HUGE believer, that more than guns, dogs, and knives, some knowledge/common sense is what'll protect you.

What about the fact that this man's 'psyche' was obviously in the red? When you have all the warning signs and there's nothing done, that can be very frustrating, and well, devastating evidently. I was stalked by an ex boy friend who eventually stabbed me. They arrested him and he was supposed to be in a psychiatric-penitentiary setting for 2+ years minimum, but they decided just a matter of months ago they're letting him out early.

Look at what happened with Jaycee Dugard. A wonderful story of hope for people still waiting for their missing loved ones, but also just another example of how failure to prevent and furthered negligence can lead to immeasurable tragedy. It took what, 18 years to find Dugard? She could've been home in 6 months if someone fired up the old lightbulb in the attic and took the initiative. I am a HUGE believer, that more than guns, dogs, and knives, some knowledge/common sense is what'll protect you.

Knowledge and common sense are becoming very rare qualities now days,not much left out there.People do not care about anything not even themselves and that is when they are most dangerous.

• Like 2

Time to outlaw Machette's and large knives.

What about the fact that this man's 'psyche' was obviously in the red? When you have all the warning signs and there's nothing done,

As pointed out by soccergirl : "As far as I remember he was from bulgaria or something. No one really knew back than how he ended up here."

Obviously he was not the full shilling, but when you have people roaming about freely with no way of knowing their background, then what can be done to stop it? All the more reason for people not to be able to just go to which ever country they like. We have many criminals coming to England now, rapist and murderers, some have no records back in their countries, so it is impossible to tell. So do we just carry on and take the chance that they are coming here to work and live an honest life?

As pointed out by soccergirl : "As far as I remember he was from bulgaria or something. No one really knew back than how he ended up here."

Obviously he was not the full shilling, but when you have people roaming about freely with no way of knowing their background, then what can be done to stop it? All the more reason for people not to be able to just go to which ever country they like. We have many criminals coming to England now, rapist and murderers, some have no records back in their countries, so it is impossible to tell. So do we just carry on and take the chance that they are coming here to work and live an honest life?

We have the same problem happening in america,on top of the overcrowded prison systems which in turn release them almost as soon as they are arrested.This is one reason i believe in a eye for a eye type of punishment.If the only lesson learned is you get 3 free meals a day and full health care paid for by tax payers,then not much of a lesson is learned at all.

• Like 2

Time to outlaw Machette's and large knives.

Hm. I do know there are still parts of Central/South America (i.e El Salvador, Guatemala) where machetes are a big 'problem-arm' (though, guns are taking care of that too down there now), and being robbed at knife point so to speak isn't an irrational concern. But again, common sense. Know the language, know the people, and know the area. You're 100 times more likely to get raped and killed walking around Francisco Morazán looking like a tourist with Spanish phrasebook in hand, that's just the truth.

Know the language, know the people, and know the area. You're 100 times more likely to get raped and killed walking around Francisco Morazán looking like a tourist with Spanish phrasebook in hand, that's just the truth.

This guy was not Spanish, he was a loonatic and would have most probably done the same in any other country he wondered into.

Its worrying also to think that Francisco Morazánis is filled with rapists ready to pounce on tourists.

I dont think the victim was.“chosen“. He would have taken anyone when the switch in his head told him to.

Also this is a tourist destination. Most people wandering around are tourists and a lot of residence (like ma haha) would go through.as tourists as well. This story is horrible no matter who was killed RIP

It was like a scene from.a horror movie. You hear.about people being murdered all.over the world but when do you hear a story of a guy who choppes of the head and walks around with it for a while before he was stopped.

This guy was not Spanish, he was a loonatic and would have most probably done the same in any other country he wondered into.

Its worrying also to think that Francisco Morazánis is filled with rapists ready to pounce on tourists.

Oh I realize that, I was just 'tangenting' on the fact that having stockpiles of machetes/large knives laying around can be verrrrry dangerous. Have you ever been through the jungle in Guatemala? You can't do it without a machete. Problem is, people start hacking each other up and you get drug/cartel related acts of terrorism running a country or continent ragged, and suddenly everyone owning a machete makes one uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Everyone who's equating this with gun control, just stop. You sound ridiculous. This is a mental health issue.

• Like 2

Brits are crazy. If they had guns this crap wouldnt happen

Sorry AsteroidX I don't do YouTubes so I don't know in what context you meant with your statement.

But one word came to mind and that was 'Dunblane'. I was in Wales that day on vacation when the news came out and everyone was weak in the knees and sobbing.

Edit: Either way, this didn't happen in Britain.

Edited by Likely Guy

Not equating this to gun control likely just making a comment that easily could be true in this day and time.Any time something about a shooting of any kind happens anymore it is put somewhere on the net which people from around the world use therefore it becomes worldwide news.I could say the words "guns are great" and i would have people from every corner of the globe telling me how awefull and stupid i am.I find that equally if not even more ridiculous.

Not equating this to gun control likely just making a comment that easily could be true in this day and time.Any time something about a shooting of any kind happens anymore it is put somewhere on the net which people from around the world use therefore it becomes worldwide news.I could say the words "guns are great" and i would have people from every corner of the globe telling me how awefull and stupid i am.I find that equally if not even more ridiculous.

I see your point, but recently in Vancouver (the largest city in my province) there have been two different random attacks where 10 people were wounded with knives by people with mental health issues. To equate this with gun control issues would seem ridiculous to you as well, no?

• Like 2

I see your point, but recently in Vancouver (the largest city in my province) there have been two different random attacks where 10 people were wounded with knives by people with mental health issues. To equate this with gun control issues would seem ridiculous to you as well, no?

Yes this story is/was a story about mental health issues as you stated.Think this should be the biggest priority behind all of these stories is mental health care.

• Like 2

i think the main reasons for these mental health cutback is because of all the illegal immigrants that try and get into countries its a global problem not just for main countries like america and australia because so many come over a lot of our money has to go towards locking them up housing them feeding them clothing them and medicine just for them to stay there for years and may and may not be able to get into the country. on top of that you got money that also goes towards the jails as well to house criminals and the the amount of mental health facilities needed and most of them are filled up with people who should be in jail for various disgusting crimes but instead plead insanity and get sent to mental homes so most of our mental facilities are occupied by real killers who aint mental and real mental people who need help get set free. it said when people jumped on him to hold him he wasnt screaming or struggling indicating that he wanted to go back to lock up because he had no reason to be out in the world. he was homeless and poor and so his only way out and to be taken care of again is to go back and be locked away. i know it may sound a bit racist but many people dont understand what illegal immigrants does to the countrys economy especially when there in a debt crisis.

• Like 1

i think the main reasons for these mental health cutback is because of all the illegal immigrants that try and get into countries its a global problem not just for main countries like america and australia because so many come over a lot of our money has to go towards locking them up housing them feeding them clothing them and medicine just for them to stay there for years and may and may not be able to get into the country. on top of that you got money that also goes towards the jails as well to house criminals and the the amount of mental health facilities needed and most of them are filled up with people who should be in jail for various disgusting crimes but instead plead insanity and get sent to mental homes so most of our mental facilities are occupied by real killers who aint mental and real mental people who need help get set free. it said when people jumped on him to hold him he wasnt screaming or struggling indicating that he wanted to go back to lock up because he had no reason to be out in the world. he was homeless and poor and so his only way out and to be taken care of again is to go back and be locked away. i know it may sound a bit racist but many people dont understand what illegal immigrants does to the countrys economy especially when there in a debt crisis.

Actually you are about 100% correct,you rarely hear stories of legal immigrants causing all sorts of violent crime.Legal immigrants are happy to be where they have gone to,a lot of illegal ones have reasons behind why they sneek into a country instead of trying to become a true citizen.

• Like 3

Sorry Likely a very quick summary of the video is a woman in the original AWB in America gave testimony to Congress back in the day how while eating in a restaurant (she had a CWP but left her gun in the car due to State Law) a gunmen entered the restaurant and I believe killed 34 people or some such and she gives testimony about how the Laws prevented her from defending herself and her family (both her mom and dad died in the incident). Anyways I cant tell like she can but I can. she was approached by another survivor of the incident that said she also has left her gun in the car for the same reason. Its just a heart grabbing story of how guns can be useful for self defense.

Yes I know different countries different rules and I respect that. But it is truly a great testimony if youve never heard her speak. I believe she is now a House Representative or Congresswoman for Texas. So her story is still told often and is getting much play again with the current climate in America.

Resume topic of lady getting her head chopped by psycho at grocery store....sickening. Id be furious if I was shopping nearby.

• Like 1

Sorry Likely a very quick summary of the video is a woman in the original AWB in America gave testimony to Congress back in the day how while eating in a restaurant (she had a CWP but left her gun in the car due to State Law) a gunmen entered the restaurant and I believe killed 34 people or some such and she gives testimony about how the Laws prevented her from defending herself and her family (both her mom and dad died in the incident). Anyways I cant tell like she can but I can. she was approached by another survivor of the incident that said she also has left her gun in the car for the same reason. Its just a heart grabbing story of how guns can be useful for self defense.

Yes I know different countries different rules and I respect that. But it is truly a great testimony if youve never heard her speak. I believe she is now a House Representative or Congresswoman for Texas. So her story is still told often and is getting much play again with the current climate in America.

Resume topic of lady getting her head chopped by psycho at grocery store....sickening. Id be furious if I was shopping nearby.

Well said asteroid.The real story behind these events should not be about controlling anything,recent events have been by a very few mentally disturbed individuals not responsible law abiding citizens.The real discussion that should be going on is mental health worldwide.If someone is sick enough in the head they can and will hurt others no matter what the weapon is.

• Like 1

Well said asteroid.The real story behind these events should not be about controlling anything,recent events have been by a very few mentally disturbed individuals not responsible law abiding citizens.The real discussion that should be going on is mental health worldwide.If someone is sick enough in the head they can and will hurt others no matter what the weapon is.

Agreed, this has nothing to do with gun control.

• Like 2

Agreed, this has nothing to do with gun control.

Neither is the video. But you cant watch it so I wont digress anymore.

• Like 2

The first step would be discussing why our male youth is easily duped into being prescribed with SSRI's in the first place.

• Like 3

Good advertising and free samples. They stole that approach from the 80's crack dealers.

• Like 2

It's two years old. Not exactly new news. Also, there was already a thread fore this in the UK and Europe section.