Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chelyabinsk meteor: Many Russians unconvinced

Still Waters

"reality is what you can get away with" (Robert Anton Wilson)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”

Philip K. Dick

• Like 4

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" (Adam Savage)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" (Adam Savage)

I don't really want to go down the road of swapping reality quotes as it would take this thread way off topic (although it would be fun, there are so many good ones to choose from). I do however think that the Philip K. Dick quote is appropriate here. It doesn't matter how many people do not believe that this is a meteor, the reality that it was will remain.

To use another quote:

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Like 4

i guess you are right - though one might argue that a vast majority of people agreed on the fact that it was a meteor impact and therefor this seems to be the most likely explanation. You and me, we both believe it was a meteor, i presume, but neither of us has proof it really WAS!

Oh, and no more quotes - promise! ;)

i guess you are right - though one might argue that a vast majority of people agreed on the fact that it was a meteor impact and therefor this seems to be the most likely explanation.

True enough, but truth is not a democracy. Even if ALL Russians believed this to be an American weapon, it wouldn't make it so. For that matter if we all believe it to be a meteor, that doesn't make it so either.

Scientific truth is discovered not through what people believe but what the evidence suggests.

You and me, we both believe it was a meteor, i presume, but neither of us has proof it really WAS!

Of course, I personally have no proof, I'm not in Russia for a start, but there is sufficient evidence to suggest, beyond all reasonable doubt, that this was a meteor. That is as close to proof as you will ever get in science.

• Like 1

As a general rule we are best off to take the opinions of the experts in a subject as most likely correct. That's why I pay my doctor bill and do what he tells me to do.

As a general rule we are best off to take the opinions of the experts in a subject as most likely correct. That's why I pay my doctor bill and do what he tells me to do.

I tend to agree, not all opinions are equal, however it is also wise to remember that even experts are fallible and even experts disagree.

Obama to Kerry: "Hey John, we need a place to test our new top secret weapon. We were thinking about the Nevada desert or maybe out over the Pacific Ocean. Somewhere where we can keep it secret."

Kerry to Obama: "Well, that sounds good, but I think a better place might be way over on the other side of the planet, say...over Russian air space. We're on good political relations with them now, so they won't mind."

Obama to Kerry: "Hey, great idea. And if anyone complains we can just claim it was a meteor."

(I'm sure that's how the conversation went. The conspiracy theorists are always right)

• Like 1

I have'nt seen many Russian posts coming out yet most of them are taught English in school, does this mean that they are censored from using P.C's to communicate outside Russia ?. if so they are not telling us that several beings parachuted from the "meteor" before it crashed as it was really an Alian Spaceship.

There is no censorship and no prohibitions on access to foreign sites. Most people communicate on Russian social sites such as VK, and there is a lot of comment in Russian on youtube. Meteor was a Russian event and is much discussed in Russian on Russian sites. I see no Russians on this forum claiming meteor was anything but a meteor, but I see lots of posts by westeners claiming they know what Russians say and think about this event, and most of what I read is wrong....

HEY you guys lets blame the U.S. for this meteor thing, I'm sure that'll give us something to talk about for a while! Oh! and why not throw some aliens into it and see what comes out of that! (facepalm) this world... always blaming someone for something, event if it's nature...

I blame Angola, they launched a missile from Georgia and to attack a village of bear people in Japan

i know excatly what yoour talking about people.the mainstream media does lie,deceit and etc.a message from "god" i highly doubt that because "GOD" does not exist in the way religions speak of "god" or any religions as a matter of fact so i won't like i'm attcking any religion in particular.all religions are fake and full B.S PEOPLE.religions are a prison of the mind because its traps you and your a slave to a form of system.the united states it could be a posibility the U.S.A would do some extreme things and have done that but m not sure abut this one yet still an option though,it could a Alien related though but not from the benevolent E.Ts though because there is just like anything else there's good and bad and neutral ones.i belive that things in the world are not what it seems to be and the world its not as simple or black or white like most people believe it to be either.

There's loads of viedos on YouTube. Not to mention an almost unlimited number of Beautiful Russian Women who Want to Meet You.

Oooooohhhh

Obama to Kerry: "Hey John, we need a place to test our new top secret weapon. We were thinking about the Nevada desert or maybe out over the Pacific Ocean. Somewhere where we can keep it secret."

Kerry to Obama: "Well, that sounds good, but I think a better place might be way over on the other side of the planet, say...over Russian air space. We're on good political relations with them now, so they won't mind."

Obama to Kerry: "Hey, great idea. And if anyone complains we can just claim it was a meteor."

(I'm sure that's how the conversation went. The conspiracy theorists are always right)

Please just don't assume it was a meteor! You know it could have been Aliens or something else! Just keep an open mind.

Please just don't assume it was a meteor! You know it could have been Aliens or something else! Just keep an open mind.

• Like 1

One should have an open mind, but one should also keep filters in place lest the fluid pouring in is contaminated.
  • Like 1

Nobody is "assuming" anything, they are making a rational decision based on the evidence, which IS the logical and open minded way to think.

There is a lot of evidence to suggest it was a meteor, there is no evidence at all to suggest that it was aliens. It is you that are making wild assumptions I'm afraid.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 1

Nobody is "assuming" anything, they are making a rational decision based on the evidence, which IS the logical and open minded way to think.

There is a lot of evidence to suggest it was a meteor, there is no evidence at all to suggest that it was aliens. It is you that are making wild assumptions I'm afraid.

that's funny science

that's funny science

I think you missed it when Waspie said, "...they are making a rational decision based on the evidence...".

Yeah, that's how science works, really.

i know excatly what yoour talking about people.the mainstream media does lie,deceit and etc.a message from "god" i highly doubt that because "GOD" does not exist in the way religions speak of "god" or any religions as a matter of fact so i won't like i'm attcking any religion in particular.all religions are fake and full B.S PEOPLE.religions are a prison of the mind because its traps you and your a slave to a form of system.the united states it could be a posibility the U.S.A would do some extreme things and have done that but m not sure abut this one yet still an option though,it could a Alien related though but not from the benevolent E.Ts though because there is just like anything else there's good and bad and neutral ones.i belive that things in the world are not what it seems to be and the world its not as simple or black or white like most people believe it to be either.

You make some fair points about our main stream media, but speaking of god like you have some inside scoop makes you sound extremely ignorant and the rest of your rant on religion a waste simply because your reader already has witnessed the ignorance and has chosen not to finish reading or only finished reading to be a witness to more ignorance.

Better luck with your next comment.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
Merged two posts: one which contained only the quote and a second which containrd only the reply.

Not a meteor!!??

Im not surprised.... The ignorant fools of the world can make a conspiracy theory out of pretty much EVERYTHING.