Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

if you could ask jesus 1 question.....

the eternal me

Don't know about her, but for me at least yes. Mind you, it isn't in the form of an audible voice, but it is through the spirit that he speaks. He has given me many signs. Most of which I've luckily been able to interpret pretty well I think. Although it's taken quite a lot of time and practice. Main thing is it's possible if one opens up to him, opens up to their own spiritual nature, and continues to grow closer and closer to him.

It's incredibly difficult for a atheist to understand, for everything to them is nothing but purely physical and nothing more.

I think what you're meant to say here is that you believe you are more superior than atheists.

• Like 1

Can I go to heaven now?

If I could ask Jesus one question it would be:

"Mr. Jesus, could you lend me your ear? I am a time traveler from the future and I came back to give you some things." I would then proceed to hand him a box with a camera and a digital camera, some spare batteries, and a tablet with a multi-lingual instruction mannual. This tablet would already have Google as it's homepage.

"What is this, my child?" Jesus might could possibly say.

"These are things that will make your life and and the rest of Humanity's life better later on down the road. Us, Humans don't handle third party knowledge very well. So anything you can report and document will be of a great help!"

(This post is not meant to flame or disrespect the views or beliefs of others. I don't think it's far-fetched to think that even Jesus had a sense of humour.)

Kind Regards.

Great thread, OP!

:tu:

I think what you're meant to say here is that you believe you are more superior than atheists.

Please don't put words in my mouth to support your false assumptions.

Then don't make false generalisations.

I was actually quite specific, and to my knowledge made no offensive remarks to any atheist viewers. If I did so, then please explain to me because I honestly cannot see it. Also, to justify your own falsehoods in being dependent upon statements you assume to be false is not only a self admitted falsehood, but an obvious expression of blatant negativity whose sole purpose is to belittle another. I did not belittle atheism, and if it appeared so in some way I cannot see it. So rest assured that was not my intent. You ran off with a false assumption of my message, and in doing so responded negatively in an unnecessary offense.

The only possible assumption I can find, is when I say that atheists are purely physical, which is not my personal belief, but the belief epressed by atheists themselves. If an atheist believes in a soul or afterlife, then they are no longer an atheist of any kind. That is not my doctrine but theirs. Therefore my statement was not meant as demeaning but was simply informative so the reader could understand.

I expressed a specific view of mine concerning God, which had nothing to do with atheists. So please, as I expressed, do not draw false conclusions.

now now....

we all have our ways of seeing things...

back to the basics of how we grew up and the environment in which that took place...

there are those that have a hard life from the get go...

and those among them that seek some kind of explanation as to why such things would befall upon a person.... a child...

even within the same household.. 2 siblings can find their way through life with very different views...

having the same genetics... and the same environment...

it comes down to what makes sense to you...

things that don’t make sense at the time get "rationalised" into what may resonate with the child...

if the child is curious about things like science and technology....

then that is the path they will seek answers...

if the child is connected in heart and feelings....

then the science aspect wont make as much sense...

and another way will be sought to explain...

being children.... we adopt some of the ways of seeing things and they way we look at things from the people we bond and connect to...

and some of their beliefs and ways of seeing things rub off on the child...

having a balance of both aspects would be ideal... but seldom is the case...

the argument between spiritual people and atheists will not end any time soon...

that is a given...

to argue the semantics of words.... well.... all we do when we start to get caught in arguments like this is to show past wounds...

past conflicts that have not settled and come to peace in the self...

after all... if we could all come to peace with our pasts and all that happened...

then there would be no need for the psychology field...

even people like Socrates, and Aristotle...

they had debates and long discussions on the on the merits of actions based on the psychological reactions and differences amongst people...

the original question could have been put in a way more clear....

if you believe in this person or not...

what you ask them...

if you were face to face with this person....

this was not meant to get back into the debate of weather there is a god or not...

that is a completely personal thing to each of us....

each of us with our own perceptions of how things are... and how things came to be...

to make assumptions on what another may think or believe is useless...

it only serves to fuel a fight....

and the only reason to fight is because of something inside the self that feel they have something to prove...

self doubt... insecurities.... trouble dealing with problems...

the list goes on in psychological studies....

but that is not why we are here.....

we are hear reading this thread to talk and share....

laugh and think.....

if a post makes you laugh or think....

then there is merit to it....

and that’s what i was after....

laughter...... and expressing the thoughts of how we can make things better for ourselves....

• Like 1

with there being so many differing opinions on this person....

of what they should be..... and how they should act....

its only expectations that you hold within yourself....

placing another on a pedestal....

as we all know... the only way from a pedestal is down....

so having expectations of what and who this person may be?

will inevitably lead to disappointment....

such was the doubt of the religious leaders of the time of Christ....

they had expectations...

and when they met this man that did not live up to those expectations....

they turned on him....

can each of you see how in this day and age....

there are a multitude of expectations from a multitude of people that don’t agree?

so..... if this person was on the streets talking to people....

who would recognise this person?

• Like 1

I'd like to repeat myself on this business of whether an atheist has to be a "materialist" (the more modern word would be "physicalist") meaning thinking that there is nothing except physical stuff in existence.

The two ideas are independent of each other. One can believe in God but think he's physical, one can also not believe in God but think there are non-physical aspects of existence.

i myself don’t believe in a biblical "god" ....

i am more in the middle of the road in a lot of ways...

there is the scientific aspect i find fascinating.....

but i also have my experiences which defy science...

so where does that leave me?

i like the idea that everything is mostly empty space.... and that everything is nothing more then energy in different states...

so.... everything is nothing more then an ocean of energy....

but we think.....

and because we think.....

that energy takes the form that we would like to see it in....

thereby creating what we experience...

and we share with others what we create.... and share experiences in the ocean of energy...

creating all kinds of marvellous things, but also horrid things as well...

those creations are the thoughts manifest....

call it what you will...

it gets explained in one school of thought as causality....

one thing acts upon another.... and third thing takes place by actions....

atheist....

no less valid in any way....

in another school of thought....

the intent gets put out there....

and that intent acts upon the energy to manifest itself....

causality at work.... but also.... it works in the aspect of being explained by faith...

faith is more then just "believing something" ....

it is a knowing....

choosing to say "I have faith it will work" .... vs .... "it will work because of this and that and the other thing"....

really is neither here nor there...

it will work because you believe it will....

no point in arguing on exactly why it will...

just know it will...

and allow others to explain and understand in the manner that is best suited to them....

• Like 1

to clarify a little more....

i believe that creator is the summation of all....

the ocean of energy in its entirety....

i like this way of thinking... it gives merit to everybody...

and the way they see things...

Edited by the eternal me
  • Like 1

I was actually quite specific, and to my knowledge made no offensive remarks to any atheist viewers. If I did so, then please explain to me because I honestly cannot see it. Also, to justify your own falsehoods in being dependent upon statements you assume to be false is not only a self admitted falsehood, but an obvious expression of blatant negativity whose sole purpose is to belittle another. I did not belittle atheism, and if it appeared so in some way I cannot see it. So rest assured that was not my intent. You ran off with a false assumption of my message, and in doing so responded negatively in an unnecessary offense.

The only possible assumption I can find, is when I say that atheists are purely physical, which is not my personal belief, but the belief epressed by atheists themselves. If an atheist believes in a soul or afterlife, then they are no longer an atheist of any kind. That is not my doctrine but theirs. Therefore my statement was not meant as demeaning but was simply informative so the reader could understand.

I expressed a specific view of mine concerning God, which had nothing to do with atheists. So please, as I expressed, do not draw false conclusions.

An atheist can be spiritual, that does not go against his/her beliefs. Not all completely physical as you contend. You seem to misunderstand what an athiest is completely while completely misrepresenting their views.

An atheist can believe in a soul or afterlife. More misinformation being spread...

An atheist: Someone who does not believe in any form of dieties.

That's it, they can believe in whatever else they like!

As for myself, I opened up my spiritual nature to what may feel alien, but at the same time, we are a part of it and made of it, the universe. Yet I'm an atheist.

The fact is, if I were dropped into this earth just solely myself and there was no one else, the concept of God wouldn't exist as I have only heard it from others as it stands now. I haven't been contacted spiritually or physically at all by any fantastical entity. And to have no concept of such while by myself would not be considered fair or right. Do I still get to burn in hell? Or is it my responsibility to conceptualise the existence of a God and then try to connect to him through means by opening up my spiritual nature as you say?

to clarify a little more....

i believe that creator is the summation of all....

the ocean of energy in its entirety....

i like this way of thinking... it gives merit to everybody...

and the way they see things...

greetings master

~ I bow ~

Whats your opinion on fathers who leave their kids to be raised on their own or by the street?

this question has been sitting in the back of my mind....

not bugging me... but i keep coming back to it....

i could get into a lot about all kinds of things...

different belief systems...

psychology of such decisions....

what’s your opinion?

what i think is of little consequence....

what jesus would think is of little consequence....

what is it that you think?

i had written a bunch of stuff.... read back over it....

and found i had really gone nowhere with it...

share with us what you feel about this question....

i feel you chose this question because something rings with you.....

perhaps in sharing and talking about it you may find insight...

Edited by the eternal me
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

once again after a long time .... i come back to the question of what do i think about fathers that leave their children....

i shall say first off.... who am i to judge...

this topic could be analized from many different perspectives..

but shall only deal with what i have come to understand..

and try to stay on topic... (i have been known to wander through the fields of my mind ... lol )

we all have the same kinds of things to deal with and overcome...

this question is one of loss more then anything else...

the aspect of a choice being made to remove oneself from a given circumstance, is that .... a choice....

in the recent past (since the last time wrote on this thread) i have watched a couple who are friends of mine recreate a situation in their lives...

to an amazing detail ...... a repeat of the fathers upbringing....

he to, was one whos father had left him at a young age...

and her..... over time has talked with both his mother and father....

in the process of doing so... revealed the circumstance and scenario that was in place when he was a child...

both of them have become each of the grandparents in the situation...

in as much as loosing sight of what happened, and seeing the pattern of events that unfolded for him when he was young..

she took on the role of his mother, he took on the role of his father...

and the son..... falls into the same place his father was at...

him not having his father around when he was growing up, left the angry child inside that would play out to rule him in the repeat of the situation...

her... being the type of personality she is.... is prone to use whatever means necessary to ensure that what she believes is best, is enforced.... (legal system just one point of it)

the both of them were attracted to each other because of what each of them satisfied a need for perpetuating a mental state...

a mental state of "this is how things are" ....

they both had their issues with past relationships... and both repeated the same patterns again and again...

both allowed themselves to be ruled by the hurt angry child inside...

and in living with this mental state .... had found someone that would put validity to their views...

when the son came about... it changed the situation...

as in they both started experiencing, and living the rolls of the parents they grew up with...

the formative first five years of life, and the patterning it sets in the child... came full circle...

he being a child of a father that was ruled by an angry child... started to live out the patterns of the angry child he saw acting out with his mother...

and became the same angry child in the new situation.... acting out the same things with his spouse....

this set off in her the demanding self righteous parent in her own situation...

communication started to break down as the scene unfolded...

the same kind of communication breakdown they had both witnessed as children...

to the point where she in her "wisdom" had started to get the legal system involved...

this was the first of the things that she was cautioned against....

he was very prone to follow the same path he had seen..... (as it was an exact repeat of his childhood, how could he react any different?)

so the courts came into the picture.... and he reacted in the same manner his father did....

he ran....

the desire to change the scenario for his son, had been over ruled by the reactions of the angry child inside....

this further set her in her determination to use the legal system to enforce her beliefs...

making more and more difficult for the situation to change....

both trapped in the same cycle that both of them did not want for the son.....

both of them had come to talk with me...

and neither of them wanted to hear how the situation was repeating...

to be expected to sit and watch 2 people i care about recreate a situation that neither of them wanted?...

and be just a person to sit and listen to them bash each other for the actions that were unfolding....

hard situation to see.... very heart breaking...

all the while... seeing the hurt angry children that were ruling them...

so... it comes to the question of "what is my opinion of fathers that leave their children" ....

there is always more then one side of the story...

in this case... with myself included... 3 .... i am the impartial observer...

there is validity to both sides...

neither side needs to be judged harshly...

but both sides could use a good reality check...

when they are ready for it... they will hear it... but not before...

and the child? ....

grows up and lives the life his father had....

setting in motion the repeat of the cycle...

at any point in all of this....

if one of them could have listened to how they were playing the rolls of what they grew up with? ....

then change could have been made....

and the cycle broken....

neither of them could get past the emotional reactions of the inner angry child....

and this is the root of the problem...

reactions based on emotional experience...

not what it is..... but what it seems to be....

the breakdown in tribe in the modern world...

has taken the ability of the child to find a role model in the tribe, and pattern themselves after that ......

has been minimised.....

it is a shame for the children of today....

the lack of tribe, and the ability to learn from a wealth of knowledge that a tribe holds...

in the situation of my friends? (both are dear to me) ...

if either of them had an influence from some member of a tribe they were a part of (neighbourhood, family, family friends) ....

then another pattern could have been imprinted on them...

but both being a product of a working class neighbourhood...

"i have my own family to worry about" ....

is a part of the breakdown of this situation....

there are small pockets of tribes in the world... don’t get me wrong...

but in the larger picture...

the separation of peoples through the use of fear and paranoia is far more destructive to the social fabric then any religious differences...

to be afraid of germs and getting sick.... leaves the immune system weak...

to be afraid of your neighbours and strangers in general, leaves society weak....

and leaves a whole range of social problems that are doomed to repeat...

if you are a part of a situation that is a repeated cycle? ....

then the choice is up to you....

do you carry the anger and hatred that you feel from the circumstance?

or can you see past that? and love that angry inner child...

and in doing so... offer them the love and caring they so rightly deserve....

thereby healing that angry inner child.....

this is the choice that is before all of us....

this brings up the story of the old man and his grandson....

grandson : grandfather.... why are people bad? ...

grandfather: ... thinks for a moment and says...

you see, there are two wolves in each of us.... a good one, and a bad one.... and they are always fighting....

grandson: well which one wins? ...

grandfather: which one do you feed.....

Did you know ...

~